Debut?/ Makeover Pt.1

The Revival of Time

 

Gyuri was humming away to her favourite song, “Because of You” by After School, distracting herself away from the stares they were getting from Cosy’s very obvious shirt. The guys trailed behind, minding their own business. Cosy walked right up next to Gyuri and whispered into her ear, “Humming a new song that haven’t been released? Smart move Gyuri.”

“So what? It’s already copyrighted by me. Plus, it was sort of already released anyway.. Lalala~”
“WHAT?! Since when?”
“Since last Friday, friday, gotta get down on friday... after my script reading.”
“I think you would do better with Friday.”
“YEAH. RIGHT. Maybe I can get JYP to make Friday your debut song! Mehrong~” Gyuri said as she skipped into the JYPE building.
“YAHH!!” Cosy screamed running after her.

The guys just shook their heads at the two, already used to their childish bickering. They also had completely no idea what they were talking about though.
As the 2 girls continued their bickering in front of the lift door, Cosy just walked right into the lift when the doors opened, not noticing if there’s anyone walking out and she bumped into a wall of strong muscles, landing on the floor on her .

“YAH! You--” Cosy raised her volume and was about to fire off at that person until she looked up and saw Rain. She quickly stood on her feet and bowed 90 degrees and apologised repeatedly. Despite being in the company for quite some time and having quite a lot of influence in the company and the decisions that it made, Cosy was still respectful to her seniors that have debuted.
“Gwaechana. How would I bear to lash at my dear dongsaeng who wrote me such nice songs. What if she doesn’t want to write for me anymore?” Rain said, ruffling Cosy’s hair.
“Erm...Then get Gyuri to write for you?” Cosy said jokingly.
“Wouldn’t want to to risk it.” Rain said in a joking manner, earning a smack on the arm from Gyuri.
As the 3 guys approached, they bowed and greeted their seniors and were then speechless, not knowing exactly what they should say. It was always hard to talk comfortably with a senior and they had really no idea how Cosy and Gyuri was able to do it.

“Oh yes. I heard the song.” Rain said after greeting back to the 3 guys.
“What song? By the way, you guys can go find the other trainees first. We will call you later.” Cosy asked Rain and then turned and said to the 3 guys who were still feeling awkward about the whole conversation. Taking the hint, the 3 guys took the lift and went to the dance studio at the basement.
“It’s coming. I think Jin Young hyung wants to use it as my title song as usual. I mean the songs that you girls wrote are REALLY good.” Rain replied.
“Yeah. Glad you like it. But isn’t your album scheduled to be released in October? Why are you deciding on the title track that early?” Gyuri asked.
“Well. My schedule is a bit packed with the movie filming coming up so it’s better to start early and have enough time to prepare.”
“Oh yes! ‘I’m a Cyborg, But That’s Okay’, correct?” Cosy questioned, based on her ‘past’ memory.

“Yes. But how do you know? I don’t remember telling you.” Rain pondered with a confused look.
“You did! You told me last week when we had dinner! Maybe you forgot about it after your hangover.” Cosy successfully rounded off with a small lie.
“I did? Oh well. Maybe I did. By the way, I also heard your debut song, I like it. Make a good choreography for it okay?” Rain said to Cosy before turning and looked at Gyuri and continued, “And Gyuri, congrats on your first drama. When’s the first filming?”
“Tomorrow. I’m so excited!” (LOL, hahahaha x3 Ironic.Comment if you know what this means.)Gyuri’s eyes sparkled with joy, earning a knowing look from Cosy.
“Hwaiting! Oppa will cheer you on.” Rain said, pulling her into a hug.
“Thank you!” Gyuri returned the hug.

“Okay. I have to go. Another schedule to rush to. I will see you girls around! How about having dinner together someday? Treat’s on oppa! BYE!!” Rain waved as he went out of the entrance and into the van which had been waiting for him for the past 10 minutes.
“BYEE!!!” Cosy and Gyuri both shouted back and stepped into the lift and Gyuri pressed button ‘3’.
“Weird. I didn’t even know that there was a debut song for me.” Cosy mumbled to herself.

As the lift doors opened at level 3, Cosy and Gyuri stepped out and turned right and walked down the whole stretch of doors to reach the last one - the office of the CEO, Park Jin Young.
Cosy knocked the door and heard a ‘Come in’ before both of them went into the office.

“Oh. You girls are here. That’s early. It’s only 3.30pm.” JYP said as he looked up from behind the old Macbook Pro that ran on Tiger OS. Haha, I have a better Macbook than my boss, Mr Park Jin Young! Suucker, Gyuri thought.
“Yeap. Here it is. The song’s named ‘Change’.” Cosy said as she passed the scores to JYP.
As JYP looked through the scores, a smile appeared on his face and he placed the scores down on his table and looked at Cosy.

“This is it. This will be your debut song. Decide who you want to do the featuring for you.”
“WHAT?! Why such a sudden decision?” Cosy exclaimed.
“No. It wasn’t a sudden one. Since Gyuri is gonna debut in her drama, you can debut at the same time in the music scene.”
“Cosy to do the pelvis dance? Ever so awesome.” Gyuri started giggling.
“What pelvis dance?” JYP questioned, making Gyuri earned a nudge from Cosy.
“Gyuri was just talking about the choreography that she had in mind for this song when we were composing the music that day.” Cosy answered, shooting a look to Gyuri.

“Oh really? Show me.” JYP said and turned to look at Gyuri, causing Gyuri’s face to turn pale.
“JY oppa. You know I can’t dance.” Gyuri said, with her face full of aegyo.
“Ask Cosy to do it. She knows exactly how.” Gyuri said, turning her head to look at her best friend.
“You! TSK. Step back.” Cosy pouted and got into position while JYP played the music on his Macbook Pro.

“uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change
uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change
uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh change
uh uh uh uh uh uh change change change change change” Cosy sang while re-enacting ‘past’ Hyuna’s iconic pelvis dance.

“Awesome! So I believe that you can choreograph the whole dance right? Or you could just suggest certain moves you want to KyungMi and she could choreograph it. But the main point will be the pelvis dance, right?” The two girls nodded away, “Is there anything else?”

“JY oppa, when are you planning to let the boys debut?”
“Well... That would depend on the showcase that will be held end of this year. Why?”
“JY oppa. There is this thing called the Kpop wave that will start from 2007. And trust me, you will want your boys to be up to standards by then. And look at what a fashion terrorist Taec oppa is now. And Jo Kwon oppa and Jay oppa’s hair is like... Eeew.” Both of the girls shuddered, just the thought of their favourite idols looking the way they were, was driving them insane.

“JY oppa. Just trust us. Look at our fashion sense. Let us bring just the 3 of them out for one day and we will teach them a thing or two about fashion and looking good. If you still don’t like it when we bring them back at night, you can deduct the money we used from our copyright fees.”
“Okay. But Gyuri, please just make sure you girls DO NOT buy something similar to what Cosy is wearing. And Cosy, please stop wearing such a... LOUD shirt.” Even JYP couldn’t describe the shirt that Cosy was wearing.
“Yes sir!” Both girls saluted and took a credit card each from JYP’s hands.
“And before you girls go, I will email you the newly updated schedules which starts from tomorrow. Gyuri with your drama filming and Cosy with your album preparations. The 2 of you will share a manager and you will see him tomorrow. For today, just enjoy.” JYP continued before letting the 2 girls walk out of his office.

“Kwonjo Jojo! You, Taecyeon, Jay. Meet us at the entrance in 5 minutes!.... NO BUTS!” Gyuri spoke into the phone as both girls stepped into the lift. “Oh man, I swear, IF we get through this... WE are LEGENDS. I mean Taec’s fashion is IMPOSSIBLE and THOSE HARRY POTTER SPECS?!?. ANDANDAND That hair of the other two.. Aish, OTTOKE?!?” Gyuri dramatically slid down onto the floor.
“Gyuri, Let’s get the iPad and show the hairstylists the ‘past’ 2011 photos of them. We could just say we photoshopped their faces in!”
“Are you like crazy? Then how do you intend to explain the iPad 2? It’s from the year 2011.” Gyuri shook her head in disbelief that Cosy actually voiced out such an idea.
“Tsk. then let’s just download the photos on our iPhones and show it to them. I mean the Iphone 3 is coming out this year so let’s just fake a bit and say it’s a limited edition phone.” Cosy retorted.
“Okay. So how do you intend to help your favourite fashion terrorist?”

“What about YOUR favourite Moehog?” Cosy argued back while her thumb scrolled back and forth on her iPhone screen, downloading pictures of the 3 guys.
“MOEHOG?!? He’s NOT a moehog! GAWD!” Gyuri grunted, “Taec’s like a friggin’ traffic light, I swear, he dresses like one!”
“Okay. If that’s the case, I will be in charge of Taec today and you get the other 2 guys. I mean the other 2 just need a change of hairstyles right?” Cosy said as she pressed the lock button on her iPhone.
“FINE!” Gyuri retorted and stuck out her tongue, playfully. These two get very competitive, even if they are the best of friends and ESPECIALLY if it’s about something that they’re good at.

“Okay. So I will bring Taec to get some contacts, and then head to the hair salon and clothing store and then back to JYPE. Time check, 4pm. We meet back at JYPE entrance at 8?”
“Deal!” Gyuri said as the lift door open at basement and the 3 nerdy-looking guys walked in and the 2 girls realised they missed their level amidst their bickering.

As soon as the lift doors opened at level 1, Cosy held onto Taec’s wrist and pulled him out of the lift and headed to get the contacts first. Gyuri just sighed after the two as she turned to look at the other two and bit on her bottom lip while tilting her head to the side, trying to remember just exactly how these two looked back in 2011. Giving up, she took out her iPhone and started browsing for photos as she walked out of the massive building.
“Come on guys! Chop Chop, we don’t have all day here!” Gyuri said, as she turned back yet again with 2 confused looking guys behind her.

--With Cosy--
“Oppa. Seriously, I wonder who taught you how to dress. I know Harry Potter is famous but come on, you are training to be a star and not a wizard to kill Voldemort. And look at your dressing. ARGHH! You are training as a rapper and not a ballad singer right? Heck, even your suit won’t fit as a ballad singer and........” To Taecyeon, Cosy’s voice was already trailing off and not a single word could reach his hearing anymore as he could only focus on the hand that was holding on to his wrist. He had a crush on Cosy since 2 years back when he first saw her after coming into the company but he just couldn’t bring himself to confess and it just feel so wrong since Cosy was only 12 back then and only 14 now. She’s like freaking underage when he’s like 17 now. But heck, she looked same age as him. In fact, she had the looks and the body of a 18 year old. And other than the people in JYP, no one knows that she and her best friend are only 14 this year. JYPE stated that they are 18 on their profile. “And if I lose, I have to confess to you and--
“WHAT?!” Taecyeon stopped in his tracks when he heard Cosy said something about confessing.
“Nothing. Just come in.” As she dragged Taec into the shop which they just nice stopped in front of.


“Excuse me, I want a year’s supply of monthly contacts. Degree is..” Cosy said to the counter lady before turning to look at Taecyeon for an answer.
“750 for both sides.”
“WHAT?! I didn’t know your eyesight was that bad.” Cosy exclaimed as the counter lady took out a list of the brands of contact lenses for them to look through.

“Just get me that one. And do you have any instocks by the way? Dailies would be fine too.” Cosy pointed at one of the brands that she have always used and the counter lady opened one of the drawers to check the instocks.
“Well. Now you do..” Taecyeon answered as the counter lady placed 2 boxes of contacts lenses on the counter.

“You are lucky, Miss. I have 6 pairs of Dailies here which I think would be able to last till our suppliers send in the monthly contacts.”
“Okay. I will take those and the 1 year supply of the monthly.” Cosy said as she passed the credit card to the counter lady. Cosy requested a mirror from her and after placing the mirror on the counter, the counter lady went to the cash register and took out a receipt book and proceeded to write a receipt.
Cosy took out a pair of Dailies and peeled the seal off, handing the containers of both the left and right side to Taecyeon.
“You know how to wear it right? Just put one on your index finger and make sure it’s like a bowl shape and then you widen your eye with your other hand and then you just slide it in. Easy?” Cosy instructed and walked over to the cash register to sign and take the receipt.

Taecyeon took off his glasses, wiped his hands with one of the wet tissue that the counter lady provided and then held the right contact on his right index finger. He kept trying to slip it in but to no avail and Cosy started to get irritated after sitting there for 10 minutes after settling the payment, watching how he fails to put on the pair of contacts.
“Aish!! Oppa. Stop!” Cosy shouted as she stood up from her seat and wiped her hands with the wet tissue.
“Sit down straight and don’t move okay. Tell me if I poke too deep into your eye.” Cosy said as she took the right contact from Taec and leaned right up against Taec to place the contact in place for him, their faces just centimetres apart.


Gosh. She’s so near and her eyes, her nose, her lips. I have never seen her face that up close before. She’s really pretty.. Taecyeon thought as he felt his ears turning red. Cosy pried open Taec’s right eye gently, ignoring her heart pumping hard against her ribcage.

Gosh. He’s my bias and look at what I am doing now. Argh. He still looks so handsome to me. I guess it’s true that beauty really lies in the eyes of the beholder. Cosy. Focus! Focus! She tried to get herself to maintain her focus and slid the contact into place. She repeated the same thing for his left eye and then TA-DA! She stood back up straight, admired her handiwork before she thanked the counter lady, placed the paper bag containing the remaining 5 pairs of dailies on Taec’s right hand and then got Taec out of the shop by holding his left hand with her right.

Cosy did not even realise that she was holding hands with Taec as she walked down the streets with Taec behind her while she goes on and on about how he looked much nicer now and that he must master the art of wearing contacts and so on and so forth. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and the love-struck Taecyeon just bumped right into her. Cosy who almost fell, turned back to look at him and pouted.
“Oppa. I know you are starstruck by me but can you please watch where you are going?” Cosy said in a joking manner, causing Taecyeon’s ears to turn red.
Cosy ah. You babo! Why do your ego have to be so big to say such things to Taec!!
“Why did you stop?” Taecyeon said as he looked away, trying to ignore the comment that she made.
Gosh. Now he hates me.
“We are at the hair saloon.” Cosy said as she pushed the ‘Oak Tree’ into the shop and made him sit in one of the chair.

“Miss, can you style his hair in this manner?” Cosy said as she fished out her iPhone and showed the hairstylist the photos.
“Oh! Is that the limited edition phone?” The hairstylist asked to Cosy’s amusement.
“Yeah.” Cosy said as she kept it and the hairstylist proceeded with her work. She knew that Gyuri must have been here since she could be the only one in this whole ‘world’ to have the same ‘limited edition’ phone as her. Cosy sat down on the chair beside Taec and took out her phone to check on the time. 5.45pm. She turned and looked at how the hairstylist was now working magic with her hands and she found herself staring as the nerdy looking Taecyeon started looking hotter and hotter with every snip of the scissors.

As the hairstylist added the last touch by gelling up his hair, the Taecyeon that Cosy was gawking at was the one that she liked in the ‘Past’. Well, sort of, minus the attire that he was wearing.
“OPPA!! You look sooooo handsome!!” Cosy squealed and hugged Taecyeon. Taecyeon despite being shocked by Cosy’s sudden behaviour returned the hug.
“Wait a minute. Let me call Gyuri and ask where are they.” Cosy said as she separated from the hug and fished out her iPhone.

“Gyuri ah~~ Where are you?”
“Oh, uhm.. We’re at Myeongdong.” Gyuri’s soft voice came through the phone.
“Could you guys just wait for a while? Me and Oppa Ok will be coming in 5 mins. We just came out of the hair saloon that you guys were at just now.” Cosy said as both her and Taec walked out of the hair saloon after Taec settled the payment.
“Arrasseo..”
“Gyuri ah. What happened, why are you so quiet all of a sudden? Are you crying? What did that stupid moehog do to you?” Cosy questioned as she knew that Jay was the only one that could affect her like this.
“Nothing. Nothing’s wrong! Everything’s perfectly fine.” She tried to lie her way through.
“You can’t lie to me. How long have we been friends? He’s so gonna get it from me when I get there!” Cosy said into the phone, her free hand tightened and she felt that her nails sink into the hand of someone and she looked to realised that she was holding on to the hand of Taecyeon. She mouthed a sorry to him and released the tight grip but still holding onto the hand.
“Yah, Cosy! He didn’t do anything! I swear. It’s just me being stupid again.” She tried to reason with her best friend.
“Oh really? He IS the ONLY one who can affect you like this, I swear. Well, the other one being me.” Cosy said in an effort to cheer Gyuri up.
“BIG FAT EGO!” Gyuri let out a small giggle.
“Glad that you are laughing about that. I will see you in a while.” Cosy said and hung up the call.

“Cosy. What happened?” Taecyeon asked in a composed manner, trying to ignore the fact that they were holding hands.
“Long story..Sighhh... That Gyuri.. And she …...” Cosy relating the whole grandmother story about Gyuri and Jay to Taec.
“You can’t say it to your leader okay?” Cosy said as she ended the story just when they were outside that the 3 others were in.
“My leader? You mean Jay? He’s not my leader.”
“Not yet. Soon, he will be. Just promise that you won’t say a single word.”

“Arrasseo.” Taecyeon said. “And what about this?” Taecyeon finally gathered up the courage to ask, holding up their hands.
“This? Nothing. Just like the feeling of having someone to hold hands with.” Cosy said as she pulled Taec into the shop.
Cosy. You babo. Just admit that you like him..
So she doesn’t see me in the same way I see her..

Annyeong everyone! The new chapter is up! YAYEE!! Cosy and Taec are like acting ambiguous in the chapter so you know how it goes~ And the makeover is split into 2 parts as it would be a super long chapter if both are together! SO... The next chapter will be focused on Gyuri and Jay and the Kwonjo jojo! (: Enjoy reading~
HELLO MY LOVE! :D Did you guys like this chapter or did you LOVE it? hehehe, so the Oak Tree’s getting the much needed makeover! So are the others, yaaay! ^^ I LOVE makeovers, don’t you? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter~ Remember to sub & comment, kays? (; SEE WHAT I MEAN BY COSY HAVING A BIG FATASS EGO?!? NOW DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?(That was just for the story. Not true in real life!!) GOOOD.
BIGBANG IS COMING TO SINGAPOREEEE THIS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! (insert evil laugh & happy dance)