Chapter 11 - Wonder Girls and CG debut

The Revival of Time

“Wonder Girls. 15 more minutes to stage.” One of the production crew member poked his head into the waiting room and said and left.
“Cosy. Eottoke? Eottoke?” Hyuna was holding tightly onto both of Cosy’s hands, trying to get rid of her nervousness.
“Hyuna. I should be the one being more nervous right? Doing the closing performance for the next few weeks, you know?” Cosy replied, patting Hyuna’s hand, trying to calm her down.

Hyuna was one of Cosy’s best friends ever since Cosy and Gyuri joined the company, someday in the year 2003. Even before the time travel, Cosy had always seen Hyuna as her idol and now being close friends with her, she felt super duper happy about it. But also at the same time, ever since her debut, Cosy felt sorry to have used her solo song and also for copyrighting ‘Bubble Pop’ to be her title song for her mini album this year. Looking at Hyuna now, Cosy couldn’t even bare to tell her that she will withdraw from the group after the promotions for Irony had ended. The bad things about knowing the future.

“Girls. Standby at the backstage now.” The same man poked his head in again and left.
“Don’t be nervous! Just imagine that the audience area are all watermelons instead of people!” Cosy said before pulling Hyuna up from her seat and pushing her to the door.
“HWAITING!” Cosy and Gyuri both shouted at the 5 girls who left the room. They were using the same waiting room with Wonder Girls today at Inkigayo. It was the last debut stage of Wondergirls and CG

“Cosy-ah! Gyuri-ah! Annyeong-ah!” The 2 guys walked into the waiting room.
“Annyeonghaseyo! Seonbaenim.” Cosy and Gyuri replied and bowed to them.
“Why such formality?” One of the guys said and ruffled Cosy’s hair as she stood back straight up.
“YAHH! Micky oppa! Don’t mess up the hair.” Cosy whined and pouted at Micky.
“I totally prefer Gyuri as a dongsaeng. She’s so much quieter.” The other guy said and placed a arm over Gyuri’s shoulder.
“See Cosy! Not everyone prefers you! Yunho oppa prefers me!” Gyuri said and stuck out her tongue at Cosy.
“Whatever~~” Cosy held up her hands and cocked her head to the side as though she doesn’t give a damn.

And yes! They were working with Uknow Yunho and Micky Yoochun from the boy group, Dong Bang Shin Ki. DBSK was the best group at that point of time and just being able to work with them only within a year of debut is a huge feat itself. It wasn’t just only working with them, is getting them to feature in CG’s title track and promoting with them despite DBSK’s busy schedule. Yes, CG is the name of the project group that Cosy and Gyuri formed. CG stands for centre of gravity which also have the meaning that both of them are the centre of attraction, which they currently are as they’ve attracted a lot of attention in Korea. And guess what’s the title track? TTL(Time To Love), originally by T-ara and Supernova.(Go and listen to the song. It’s nice!(: )

As the 5 girls came back to the waiting room, they were shocked to see the 2 members of DBSK to be in the waiting room and bowed repeatedly to one of the most respected seniors in the industry.

“Annyeonghaseyo. We are Big BANG!” The 5 guys strolled in and introduced themselves.
“Jiyong oppa!!” Cosy shouted and pulled Jiyong into a hug.
“Still loving skinship that much?” Jiyong said as he pulled out from the hug but still holding on to Cosy’s waist.
“Well.. You know--”
“YA!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY GIRLFRIEND!?” A beastly voice came into the room and Jiyong felt himself being tugged away with a strong pull.


“Oppa Ok! Are you crazy?! He’s gonna be your senior when you debut!” Cosy said as she tried to pulled Taecyeon back from flying a punch at Jiyong.
“Why were the two of you hugging in the first place! If I were to come in just a bit later, will it be brought to the next stage?” Taecyeon looked down at Cosy with a fiery glare.
“Geesh, why are these guys so... jealous all the time?” Gyuri mumbled to herself, as she settled herself down on a chair which was situated in a corner and minded her own business.
“Oppa Ok...You know that I only have you in my eyes right? And the next stage could only be done with you.” With that, Cosy tip-toed and gave Taecyeon a peck on the lips, effectively drowning out his jealousy and earning round of cheers and hoots from the other guys in the room.

“Cosy! You didn’t say you were in a relationship!” Yoochun exclaimed.
“Now you know!” Cosy replied and side-hugging the Ok Tree.
“Then is Gyuri attached too?” Taeyang asked and looked at Gyuri who was sitting in the corner, giving her a small smile while scratching the back of his neck. Gyuri simply looked up at Cosy and widened her eyes in surprise.
“Yes.” “No.” came both the responses.
“So.. is that a yes or no?” Seungri asked looking at Cosy for an answer.
“Erm... ask the parties involved.” Cosy said, stealing a glance in the direction where Jay was.

Jay was standing at by the door beside Wooyoung, he was noticeably trying not to get caught watching Gyuri. The 3 of them, including Taecyeon came to congratulate CG as well as to support them for their “debut” stage.

“So who’s the guy?” TOP asked.
“Me.” “No one.” Jay and Gyuri said respectively and stared at each other in the eyes before Gyuri broke the eye contact just a split second later, as though Jay had never existed.

Sensing the awkward atmosphere created by the two, Yunho being the eldest senior in the room, cleared his throat and said, “Big Bang, you guys should return to your waiting rooms to prepare for your performance.”

“Yes, we should. Oh yeah, and THIS is our album.” Jiyong took the albums from Big Bang’s manager.
“Cosy. Thanks for the lyrics for ‘Lies.’ You are the best man!” Jiyong said as he passed the album to Cosy.
“Gyuri seonbaenim. Please do support our album.” Seungri said and handed the album to Gyuri before whispering to her ear. “By the way, I left my number inside.” He straightened up and sent a wink to Gyuri, who was grinning away now. Seungri returned to stand beside the other members who had finished giving out the albums to the rest of the artistes in the room.
“Please continue supporting us and giving us much love. This is Big BANG!” The 5 guys said as they bowed and left the room.

“Cosy, Gyuri, we will head back too. See you girls on stage later.” Yunho said and signalled Yoochun to leave too. Just when he was about to step out of the door, he turned back and took  a look at Jay and then at Gyuri. “And the both of you, please settle whatever relationship problems you have in private and try not to bring it into public, it will not do any good to your image.” Then he turned and left.
Cosy turned to look at Hyuna and kept hinting at her to bring Jay out of the waiting room.
“Jay oppa! Let’s go buy drinks for the rest! Sunye unnie, come along too?” Hyuna said, nudging Sunye who was beside her and they both pulled Jay out of the waiting room and onto the route towards the direction of the canteen.

“Finally!” Cosy said and plopped down onto her seat.
“Did anything even happen?” Gyuri continued.
“If living in self denial makes you happy. You know that you still love Jay.” Cosy said as though it was a matter of fact and gave a fake smile to Gyuri.
“No. I--”
“Gyuri ah. We can all see it.” Ye Eun cut off her sentence, patting Gyuri on the shoulder.
Gyuri simply shrugged it off, and ignored the rest of them.
“Aish, jinjja! Just admit it already, best friend. We ALL see it.” Wooyoung rolled his eyes at Gyuri.
“Then why not you admit you like IU!” Gyuri said in the heat of the moment and realised what she had just said, but it was too late.
“WHAT? WHO?” Wooyoung shouted in shock.
“Uh.. I mean you like--” Gyuri stuttered.
“A-i-yu-mi! You know, Ayumi Hamasaki? The Jpop Queen? Hahahaha.” Cosy wittily gave a response and let out a nervous laughter.
“CG, stage in 10 minutes. Right after Big Bang.” The same production crew member poked his head in again to the relief of Cosy and Gyuri.
“Okay. We will proceed to DBSK’s waiting room. See you guys later.” Cosy stood up and quickly pulled Gyuri out of the room before Wooyoung could continue asking more questions.

“Thank you CG and the 2 members of DBSK for their wonderful stage. Can all the artistes please gather on the stage.” The emcee, Kim Heechul said as he walked onto the stage.
“So let us see the results.” The other emcee, Jang Geunsuk said.
“So who’s the winner of this week’s Inkigayo?” Kim Heechul said as the video was played.
“3,2,1” The video counted down and showed the footage of CG’s performance.
“YES!! Cosy and Gyuri! Congratulations.” Kim Heechul shouted into the microphone as cheers and screams could be picked up by the overhead microphone in the audience area.

As Cosy and Gyuri walked up to the front and received the trophies, tears started to formed and
they just didn’t know what to say. The feeling was so unreal. Would it be just a dream and they wake up one day to have to go back to their mundane lives? With her words choked, Cosy thanked the company, the fans, Yunho, Yoochun and many other people until she could really find nothing to say. She couldn’t even thank her family members. Ever since she time-travelled, there was no family except for Gyuri. Gyuri took over the microphone and thanked her fellow friends, the choreographer, their vocal coach, their stylist, and so on... And not forgetting Cosy, of course! And the both of them pulled each other into a huge bear hug.
“Ne. What lovely friendship. Thank you and please prepare for your encore stage.” Jang Geunsuk said and turned to look back into the camera with Heechul.
“Let’s see each other again next week.”
“Next week”
“Music”
“Energy”
“Live Broadcast”
“SBS Inkigayo! Annyeong!” The two MCs waved goodbye to the camera and then started to walk off the stage as “Time to Love” was being played.

As the encore stage ended, Gyuri walked ahead of Cosy as they head back to the waiting room. Cosy who was holding on to the trophy was strolling her way behind, talking with the 2 DBSK’s members. As Gyuri walked into the room, she was pulled into a hug and drew back to see a very excited Yoon Hee.

“Gyuri! Chukahae!” Yoon Hee squealed and kept shaking Gyuri’s hands.
“Girls and guys. We are leaving soon. Proceed to the carpark, WonderGirls in a van. The rest in the other.” Donghyun, CG’s manager and HyunKi, WG’s manager said and left the room.

“Kickin' in the front seat ~Sittin' in the back seat ~ Gotta make my mind up ~Which seat can I take?~” Gyuri sang, as she stopped in front of the white van, tapping her index finger on her chin.
“Gyu. Stop singing that stupid song please. Don’t be another Rebecca Black.” Cosy said as she pushed Gyuri out of the way and boarded the van, taking the seat right at the back.
“Is that a new song that you wrote? Please don’t publish it. Please.” Wooyoung continued as he boarded, earning a smack on the arm from Gyuri as he moved to sit beside Cosy. Taecyeon boarded right behind Wooyoung, not saying a word but he simply shook his head at Gyuri, earning himself a death glare.
“Gyuri! Just board the van already.” Yoon Hee said as she got onto the van and took a seat by the window. Gyuri boarded right behind her, taking the middle seat. As Jay was about to board the back of the van, the only seat left was the seat beside Gyuri. He had a choice, sit beside Gyuri or take the front seat.
“Stop thinking of which seat you should take. Only the front seat is available.” Gyuri spat at Jay and closed the door on him. Despite acting all mean, she felt her heart sink at her own venomous words. Hell, she wanted Jay to sit next to her so bad. She missed him so much, she wanted to be close to him, even if it was just for a while. But, that was how Gyuri was. Stubborn as a mule, never wanting to be on the losing end. The entire van was engulfed into a tense silence, none of them knew what to say to break the tension in the air only to be disrupted by the opening of the door by the passenger’s seat.

The van drove off once Jay had slumped onto the passenger’s seat.
“Aish, Yoon Hee-ah.. You should have came earlier! You missed Big Bang giving out their CDs!” Gyuri exclaimed while looking at her second best friend, the first being Cosy of course!
“WHAT?!?!?!” Yoon Hee let out a fangirl shriek as she smacked the seat infront of her, causing Donghyun, CG’s manager who is also the driver to look back and stare daggers at her. “Sorry..”
Gyuri giggled at Yoon Hee’s inner fangirl, “Yes, you missed Baby VIP giving me HIS NUMBER!!” Gyuri did a girly squeal as Yoon Hee’s eyes bulged out comically. Gyuri knew that Yoon Hee LOVES Seungri, and she just couldn’t resist making Yoon Hee jealous.
“HE DIDN’T! Tell me he didn’t!” Yoon Hee shook Gyuri’s arm violently as the latter took out her iPhone 4 and tapped on Seungri’s saved number and then the green call button and put it on loud speaker.

“Yobeoseyo?” Seungri’s voice filled the van. Yoon Hee started mouthing “Oh my God” repeatedly, with her arms and legs flailing everywhere.
Gyuri silently giggled at this, “Ahh, Seungri oppa! It’s me, Gyuri!”
“Ahh. Gyuri noona. Why did you call me oppa, I am one year younger than you and Cosy noona right?”
Aish. I forgot that JY oppa wrote that me and Cosy were 18 this year in our records So now I am 2 years younger than him and I am called a noona. Sob, I’m not that old!
“Ahh, jinjja? I’m older than you? Hehh.. Forgive me for my mistake..” Gyuri laughed nervously, “ANYWAY, wanna hang out tomorrow?” Gyuri continued with agyeo in her voice and stuck out her tongue at Yoon Hee. Yoon Hee shuddered, she couldn’t believe that Gyuri just used aegyo on HER panda eyes.
“Sure, but we have dance rehearsals throughout morning and afternoon...Sooo.. night time? We can have dinner together.” Yoon Hee and Gyuri squeaked with excitement softly.
“YES! CG has ‘X-man’ recording tomorrow too. I think it will last till evening time as well. So, we’ll see you tomorrow then?”
“We? Cosy noona coming too?” Seungri asked with curiosity evident in his voice.
“Seungri-ah. Don’t ever add noona behind Cosy’s name, she will just make sure you won’t survive to record your next album. Anyway, I don’t think Cosy can join us. She has to prepare for her mini album.” Gyuri replied, lying about the Cosy’s mini album part. It was over the net that Cosy did have a mini album coming up, but that’s during the later half of the year.
“Okay. So I will see you tomorrow?” Seungri asked.
“Uh-huh! I’m bringing my friend along too, if you don’t mind..?”
“Sure, sure.” And then another voice could be heard over the other end.

“You’re going out with Gyuri-ssi tomorrow?”
“Ne, waaaae?” Seungri’s cheeky side coming out.
“I wanna tag along!” Gyuri and Yoon Hee looked at each other in amusement.
“Ani, you can’t come along hyung. Sorryyy~”
And the next thing they heard was shouting and “Noona, save mee!”. And finally Seungri gave up.
“Aish, jinjja! Arraseo, arraseo, you can go hyung! JUST LET ME GOOOO!” You could hear Seungri huffing and puffing as he placed the phone back against the side of his face.
“Well, it seems that YoungBae(Taeyang) hyung wants to come along as well.. not like i have a choice.” Seungri mumbled the last bit, causing the two girls to giggle.
“Okay, then we’ll see you two tomorrow then! Bye panda eyes!” Gyuri laughed.
“Aish, Noona! You know you love those dark circles!” Gyuri laughed even harder, “well, see you tomorrow then!”
“Goodnight Noona! Dream of me okay?”Causing Gyuri to gag and Yoon Hee to nod furiously.

“Tsk, what a flirt.” Jay mumbled loud enough for Gyuri to hear, on purpose.
“Uhm, is it just me or do you hear some annoying fly buzzing away?” Gyrui asked as she cupped her ears as she rolled her eyes.
“The only annoying thing I hear is the crazy fangirl behind me.”
“You’re just jealous.”
“Jealous? Of who? The loser who’s trying to hook up with you?”
“Well, you were just recently one of them.”

This made Jay fall silent, with rage. It’s true, he was one of the losers. And he still is. But, he didn’t just want to hook up with her. He desired and craved for her love too. He hated how she was pushing him away to the back of her mind and avoiding him. Sure, he said some things he shouldn’t have, but he’d do anything to take those words back. He knew he deserved the treatment that Gyuri was giving him, but he wished that she’d stop being such a stubborn little girl and just forgive him. It wasn’t like he was doing anything to deserve that forgiveness though. He wanted to, he really wanted to do something about it. But, then he just decided that he deserved the amount of hate Gyuri was giving him, after that night, where Cosy and himself were arguing over her. However, this didn’t stop him from being jealous.
Jealous of what? Well, it was a well-known fact that Gyuri had many guys going after her, what with her beauty, good personality(when she isn’t acting all mean, that is) and her fame was just bonus points. Seeing guys flirt with her and vice versa, this made his blood boil. He knew that she wasn’t exactly “his” anymore, but he couldn’t help it. They haven’t even “officially” broke up. He loves her. Watching other guys being able to touch her, hug her, flirt with her or even just talk to her normally made him jealous. And he blamed himself. He blamed himself for this, for not being able to hold her, kiss her, make her laugh at his stupid antics. He missed having her cook for him late at night. He missed having her tell him, “The whole kitchen will blow up if you cook!”. He missed carrying her to bed and tucking her to sleep after late nights. He missed showing her off on the streets. He missed scolding her for wearing clothes that showed too much skin, even if she was just staying home for the day. He missed her little ways of showing him how much she loved him, non-cheesy, but that was the way he liked it.
Hell, he missed EVERYTHING about her and doing stuff with her. There was a never-ending list to the things he missed about her. And I’m to blame for this. For everything. Jay thought as he looked at her through the rearview mirror, seeing her look out into the dark with heavy eyes, slowly drifting to sleep. Gyuri, I miss you. So much...

Cosy, Taecyeon and Wooyoung who were sitting at the back of the humongous car were oblivious to Gyuri’s phonecall to Seungri but were focused on the two’s fight now. Donghyun and Yoon Hee just minded their own business.
“Seriously. That dumb girl still likes Jay. Can’t she just freaking see it?” Cosy rolled her eyes and pouted.
“Give her more time. She’ll come to her senses, I’m sure of it.” Wooyoung said.
“Pshh... By that time, I think she would have probably changed her target to Taeyang and Jay can go wallow in self pity in some corner.” Cosy continued before looking at Taecyeon.
“Oppa, can’t you tell your friend to buck up and do something if he wants back his girl. I mean for 2 whole months, he didn’t try to do anything at ALL. AND obviously he still loves her.”
“Well...you know how stubborn that moehog is. And it’s not like Gyuri will forgive him that easily either, and she’s as stubborn as a mule too..” Taecyeon said, letting out a sigh.
“Shouldn’t we try to help them?” Wooyoung suggested.
“How?” Cosy questioned and dropped her head onto Taecyeon’s shoulder in defeat as she knew that it was nearly impossible to convince or help the two of them, what’s with them being such stubborn butts.
“Let’s try to think of something.” Wooyoung continued with his eyebrows knitted together, deep in thought. He really wanted to do something for his best friend. So many have told him that he and Gyuri would make a great couple but it’s just so weird. He couldn’t see Gyuri as anything more than a younger sister or his best friend. And he knew that Gyuri felt the same way towards him too. Sure, there were awkward times here and there, but they’d get over it in a snap. People just have to accept that there is something called ‘platonic friends’ in the world.
As Wooyoung came out of his train of thought, he saw Cosy’s head on Taecyeon’s shoulder with her eyes closed and Taecyeon asleep with his head on Cosy’s. He stretched his neck out to see the two girls in front of him leaned back against their seats, their heads dropping in beat with the movement of the van. Wooyoung leaned back against the velvet backrest and closed his eyes and soon drifted off to dreamland.

NEW UPADTE!! YAYYEE! Gyuri being called noona even though she’s younger! TOO BAD!! And Jay is still screwing up big time. ARGHHH!! I feel so irritated seeing how those two just refused to get back together like seriously-.- Anyway, sorry for posting so slowly recently, as we don’t really have much time to write as well but then now it’s here!!:D Enjoy reading and comments are much appreciated~~~
Lalala, we finally updated, hohoho. Okay, I’m sucha weirdo.. Whoopwhoop, comments are loved guys (; Short AN here cuz i need to study for chemistry -.-” I swear, it seems like i have tests everyday -.- kaythxbai. If there’s any typos or whatever blame Cosy, keke, she proofread this chapter this time :b jk!~(After proofreading, I realised it's a freaking long chapter-.-)