Chapter 1- Mind-ed

The Revival of Time

Cosy stood in front of the toilet sink and splashed the water onto her face. As she took her towel and wiped her face, she took in her surroundings and her clear state of mind sent a signal to her vocal cords to produce a high-pitched shriek. The door just opposite the toilet swung open with a large amount of force to show a very black-faced Gyuri ruffling her hair.

“Cosy!! Why are you screaming early in the morning?! I slept at 2am last night you know!!” Gyuri yawned as she walked into the toilet to take her toothbrush out of the cabinet pinned to the wall and started brushing her teeth.

“Does this place even look familiar to you? Why are we even living under the same roof?!” Cosy shot back with another question and took a look around the apartment to see if there is anyone else in it.

“It’s our dream house and we said last night over the phone that if we do travel back to the past, we must move out so that no one will realize that we are from the future and--- ” As the revelation registered in Gyuri’s mind, her eyes opened wide as she stared into the mirror in front of her and let out a scream.
“Yah!! We should stop screaming. Finish washing up and have breakfast and try to figure out what happened and most importantly check exactly what date and year today is.” Cosy rushed back into the toilet and said to Gyuri before she proceeded back into the somewhat familiar looking kitchen and managed to take the things that she wanted from all the right places.

Cosy was preparing 2 sets of western breakfast for both of them when Gyuri walked into the bar kitchen, as she tied her hair into a ponytail. As she sat down on her usual seat, the one that her mind was telling her that there’s where she usually sits, she looked to her left and saw a calender pinned to the wall. Gyuri reached out her hand and flipped to the first page which is January to see the pink digits at the bottom of the page starring back at her.

2006

“Oh. FISH.” Gyuri let out a small whisper as Cosy placed both plates of American breakfast on the bar. Silence filled the room as both girls started gobbling down their breakfast, not knowing what should be said. As they were near to finishing, Gyuri said in a small voice, “We are in 2006.”

“This can’t be real!” Cosy said as she placed her fork and knife down too hardly that it made a loud clanking sound of metal against ceramic.

Gyuri blinked at Cosy before screaming, “WE ARE IN FISHING 2006!! WHAT THE FISH !@#$%&.” She then proceeded to bang her head against the wall and pulled her hair in pure frustration.

“STOP!!” Cosy shouted as she grabbed hold to both sides of Gyuri’s head and hold it right in front of her.

“The thing we should do now is to find out what exactly is happening and are we still who we are in this dimension or whatever you call it and---”

Cosy was interrupted as the doorbell sounded and she walked towards the door. With her hand on the knob, she shot a glance at Gyuri before turning the knob clockwise and saw Park Jin Young at the door. Without even saying anything, he just walked in and seated himself on the couch and placed a few pieces of paper on the table.

“Cosy ah. The lyrics just couldn’t seemed to flow for this song. Since you composed this song, I am sure you would know how to write the lyrics better?” JYP said as he self invited himself to the kitchen to make coffee.
“Cosy? Wrote a song?” Both Cosy and Gyuri questioned in amazement at the same time.
“Did both of you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Cosy. You just passed me the song 2 days ago. Gyuri, you were there with her too, remember? Please don’t tell me my 2 favourite trainees suffered a memory loss at such a young age.” JYP said as he continued brewing his coffee.

“Trainees?!” Both Cosy and Gyuri gasped at the same time.
JYP turned and looked at them with a raised eyebrow. “Today isn’t April Fools right? Oh. I know! You girls are trying to test how well I know you since it’s the first day of the new year right? Okay. Let’s play. But after that, Cosy you better get the lyrics out for me.” JYP said as he stirred the coffee with the teaspoon while walking back to the couch. Gyuri pulled Cosy to the side and whispered to her, “Is he like crazy? Since when were both of us able to write songs unless--”
Gyuri realised her words and they both shared a knowing look. Being friends since their childhood days, they have already mastered the art of communication without words.

“Are you girls done deciding on the questions? Let’s get this over and done with.” JYP said as he lied back onto the couch and took a sip of his coffee.

“Who are we?”
“You girls are just starting the game, with easy questions? Cosy and Gyuri, but of course.”
“How old are we?”
“Both 14. But you girls looked 18 from the day you joined till now. On your debut profile, I wrote 18 too.”
“Where are we now?”
“The dorm that the company provided you in Seoul, Korea.”
“When did we join the company?”

“2003.”
“What are both of us training for?”
“Cosy is training to debut as a soloist and Gyuri as a professional model and actress.”
“How did we join the company?”
“Are you girls serious? Did you girls forget who you are? The both of you appeared one day in 2003 at the company and requested for a audition and passed it. Ever since then, you girls were training in the company.”
“Since we are trainees, why do we have no schedules today?”
“Girls! Do I have to get a doctor? You girls came to me yesterday and requested today off to rest, remember??” JYP answered and his questioning look had changed to one of worry.
“It’s okay, Jin Young-ssi. We---”
“Cosy! Do you have a fever or something?” JYP said as he stood up from the couch and placed his cup on the table before taking strides towards Cosy, placing the back of his hand to her forehead.
“No fever.. Why are you girls acting so weird today? Cosy, you have been calling me JY Oppa since 2003 and why with the formalities now?”
“Ah! She was just acting it. Her acting skills have improved right, JY oppa?” Gyuri said wittily, nudging Cosy.
“Yeah! I was just testing my acting skills. Not bad right?” Cosy said in response before giving out a fake laughter.
“You sure you girls are fine?”
Both nodded their heads.
“Don’t need a doctor?”
Both shook their heads.
“Okay then..I have to leave soon as I have to go back and discuss with the other composers about the songs that they wrote for the company. Can you girls try to finish the lyrics by today and drop by the office by 4?” JYP asked with a concern look.
“Sure. I think we can...Right, Gyuri?” Cosy said looking at Gyuri with a “We are so dead” look.
“Yeah. I think we can. We will see you later.” Gyuri said, wearing the same look on her face.
“Okay. You girls take care. I will see you girls later. Bye.” JYP said as he walked out of the door.

As soon as the sound of the door meeting its frame was heard, both Gyuri and Cosy plopped onto the couch.
“My mind is so ed now.” Cosy said as she took up the music sheets.
“I KNOW RIGHT!!” Gyuri replied and suddenly formed into an ‘O’.
“Since when do we speak in Korean al--”
“Change! This song is Change! The solo song of Hyuna!” Cosy raised her voice, cutting off Gyuri’s sentence and shoved the music sheets into Gyuri’s hand. Upon seeing the music notes, Gyuri’s eyes widened and looked back at Cosy. As soon as both eyes meet, a shrilling shriek was heard.
Annyeong! :D bitterswee-t/ Jade here! So, this is the first chapter! (: I hope you guys liked it, it’s just a short intro to the story. Do leave us comments & don’t forget to subscribe as well! :B Gyuri = pure awesomeness & epicness, ehehe. I FEEL SO WEIRD WITH BRACES DAMMIT D:< i can’t even eat my grapes properly.. TT

Annyeong~~ Cosy here and the first chapter is up!! *CLAPS* Hope you guys liked it! It’s like the background info of the whole story!(: AND ALSO, I have no idea who is the person who have always said that I have a big fat ego when she is self praising her own character too>> referring to Jade.(I LEARN FROM THE BEST. *coughcosycough*) But anyway!! Comments are very appreciated especially if they are long ones and also subscribe!! :D Love you readers out there! :D