ch9

Model Complexity

….um, ‘sup LOL it's 12:41am right now. early monday!!!

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao laid on his bed, staring up in the ceiling. Wondering. Thinking. And slightly worrying. He turned to the side, staring nothing, but the wall. ‘Something...is definitely up…’ He sat up, and started to get up from his bed. He grabbed his cellphone, wondering if he should call his house, and ask how they are doing. ‘But with caller id...they probably won’t pick it up.’ A sigh escaped from his lips. Deep down, he felt something bad has happened. Thoughts ran in his mind; is his mother okay? His father? Joonxing? Xiuchen? His aunts and uncles? Yitao scoffed ‘Is Jin even okay?’

He got up from his bed, and started to exit his room. There he saw the twins, sitting in their living room watching the television. Hyunsoo looked up, greeting the young Panda. “What’s up?”

“Um,” he shrugged, “nothing.”

Junhong rolled his eyes. “That isn’t going to fly with me. Something is up. Your face says it all.”

Yitao bit the inside of his cheek before he spoke. “I’m just worried.”

“About Baekyeol?”

A narrow gaze formed on his face. “He is the last person I’m worried about.”

Junhong scoffed. “Family then.”

A nod. “Yeah...I have this horrible feeling in my stomach, and...I-I just don’t know.”

“Maybe your gut is telling you to go home,” Hyunsoo turned off the television, much to Junhong’s displeasure, “maybe something happened.”

“Wouldn’t they call?”

“You changed your phone number.”

Yitao paused. “What I mean is that wouldn’t they call prior?”

“Maybe,” Junhong started, “they probably didn’t want to worry you. They knew how hard working you are...busy with stuff here, stuff there...they probably didn’t want to put anymore stress on you if it was a family emergency...I just hope it isn’t anything too serious,” he leaned over on the coffee table, and started to knock on the wood, “god forbid it is something serious.”

With that being said, Yitao started to feel his palms sweat a bit. What if there was something wrong with his parents. Or his cousin, or anyone that he cared for in the house.

“Look, I know you are probably scared in going home,” Hyunsoo said, “your parents might get mad at you for lying to them that you’ve been here all this time, but if your gut is telling you something like that, then...I dunno...it is probably something...serious?”

‘Serious…’ It was a word that Yitao started to dislike greatly.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Tao started to pace the room, frustrated that Kris didn’t mention anything about his downhill. The Dragon sat on the side of their bed, glancing down on the carpet floors. It was much like a child being scolded by their parent.

“I don’t get this, why didn’t you mention anything like this to me!” Tao turned placing his hands on his hips, “Kris, look at me!!”

He jumped, and glanced up. “U-Um --”

“Well? Why didn’t you mention this to me,” he grabbed one of the papers, waving it in the air between them, “Kris, this is really serious!”

“Don’t worry about it, okay? I have it all under control --”

“According to this you’re not! What happened?”

“Just don’t worry about it, okay?”

Tao tighten this lips, still frustrated. “I’m not taking that answer...you and I are a team...how can I help you if you don’t tell me anything on what is going on!” Kris lowered his head, not wanting to see the anger in the Panda’s eyes. With him not explaining anything, the more Tao got furious, slamming the paper on the desk behind him. “Explain right now what is going on...and don’t give me any of that ‘don’t worry’ crap. I’m really angry right now because according to the papers here, it seems that it has been going on for awhile now, so that means it was kept from me for a long time.”

It was silent for a bit; nothing, but anger in the air. Kris stood up, feeling his hand started to sweat a bit. “M-My...um…--”

“Well?”

“M-My fashion house...i-isn’t doing so well...my sales aren’t selling...we are losing money instead of gaining it...the stores that I opened, no one is buying them. I-I’m trying to figure out before I go under…”

Tao started to feel his heart drop. Everything that his husband worked for was now coming to an end. He tighten his lips, making his way over to the bedside, patting it for the other to sit down. Kris did just that. “I may not know much about the fashion world, or the business side of it, but I’ll help you...your struggles are also mine.”

“But --”

Tao shook his head. “Don’t tell me that this problem is just a one man thing,” he grabbed his hand, “we are a team, okay? You seriously have to communicate with me...what if down the line it gets so bad. I’ll eventually know, and the more I’ll get angry. Marriage, you have to communicate...talk to me about the good days and the bad days. Obviously the past week or month, I don’t know, have been bad for you, right?”

No response.

“We will figure something out.” Tao said, “should we tell Yitao?”

Kris shook his head, very much disappointed in himself. He didn’t want his son to know of his descension into failure. “It would be better if he didn’t know. I’ll make sure...I’ll figure something out before the news spreads and the public knows. It is already embarrassing.”’

“What do you mean?”

“Me…” he scoffed, “me, one of the top designers...part of this elite group of designers that are respected by everyone in the world...is falling.” He shaky exhale escaped from his lips, “feels like my crown is taken away from me. My position is taken away from me, and someone is going to replace my spot.”

Tao rubbed circles behind his back. “It isn’t over,” he replied, “you still have your Queen, your two princes, and your loyal friends behind you to help…” he mumbled softly, yet Kris heard.

He felt a bit better, but not a whole lot.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao stepped out of his friends’ apartment, and placed his hands in his jacket pockets. It was chilly, yet sunny December In Korea, that he decided to walk around the city. He wanted to ease his mind, but the constant worry that he was having in his gut still came back. Now, he was stressed. Half of his mind was on his family, now the other half was on Ichirou and Eden. He left them. Alone. With Baekyeol, in which he knew that he would try and control them. Belittle them as much as he can, and even with the other models. That was now the Baekyeol he saw.

He found a bench in the park, and sat down, hands still in his coat pockets. He was glad he grabbed a scarf before he left the apartment.

His mind started to wander. Months passed, when he was in France, taking care of Baekyeol, and making sure that he was well. Only a couple of times his parents called, and times he would call them. There wasn’t much of communication between them, and it sadden Yitao a bit. Whenever he was having problems, he would let his parents know, but when it was dealing with work, they told him to move passed it. It was just something that Yitao couldn’t do. He hated working for the man that is, in his perspective, is a rival of his father.

‘Dad...if only you knew I was here...’ Yitao sighed out, looking down on the ground. He grabbed his cellphone from his pocket, and started to scroll through it. The contacts that he kept, but none except for his friends knew about. Even contacting them, they probably wouldn’t even answer him, considering his new number.

Again his mind start to wander.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Baekyeol,” the said person looked over his shoulder, despite the make up artist was in mid of doing his makeup for the new shoot, “once you are done, head to studio 13 for the shoot...alright?”

“Sure, sure,” Baekyeol waved off at LBR’s new agent, Yves, “got it.” He was about to put his hand down, when Yves gentle grabbed it. “What?”

“And show a smile.” He said, smiling himself.

“I will do that, when the day comes that Ichirou and Eden aren’t beside me.”

“I’m working on it. One show model, right?”

“Correct. I do not share my spot light.”

Yves hummed. “What a diva.” He said softly to himself, yet caused Baekyeol to look over at him again, with an irritated expression. “Got it...got it, princess. Just be in the studio once you are done.” With that, Yves excused himself, and headed out of the makeup room, making his way over to the studio, letting out a soft chuckle from his lips. ‘Baekyeol sure is a diva in his own way.’ As he entered the studio, there waiting in the studio’s velvet couches were Ichirou and Eden. Yves studied them, glancing at them up and down. Sure they were good looking, but Baekyeol deemed more beautiful that the two combined. He now knew why his brother favored him more. Always referring him as his precious flower; his rose.  

“Ichirou...Eden.” He called out, which both looked up. “Ready for the shoot today?” Ichirou nodded, while Eden did the same. “Good...good, I was just wondering.” He left the two to themselves to speak with the director of the shoot.

Eden placed his hands on his lap, with a miserable expression. Ichirou knew why, and he was miserable himself. He didn’t know weather to be depressed, or irritated. Or even angry for that matter. More specifically towards Baekyeol for being a , or towards Yitao being coward and someone who gives up on others. Yitao left them both without even saying anything. Plus, they were unable to contact him, which made it worse.

Ichirou glanced over at Eden, hoping that he was okay. Between the two of them, Eden has been getting more harsh words thrown at him by Baekyeol more and more. To him, he believes that Baekyeol enjoys belittling the other greatly. He hated it. It was wrong. That is not how teammates treat each other. ‘Baekyeol can make fun of me...scoff at me, whatever...at least I have thicker skin than Eden does...’ He reached over and started rub circles around the other’s back.

It caught his attention that he looked over. “W-What?”

“You seemed tense...or tired...just trying to ease your mind.”

Eden gave a weak smile. “Thanks…”

“Just trying…”

It was silent between the two, before Eden spoke. “Where do you think Yitao is?”

He didn’t respond immediately. “I don’t know...if I knew...I would find him...and kick his for leaving us with the demon.”

Just then, the door opened, revealing Baekyeol in the clothes for the shoot and all freshed up in his makeup on. He eyed the two, before rolling his eyes at them.

Once again, Ichirou started to hate Baekyeol more than Yitao. “Lets go Eden...lets get this over with…” With that he stood up, lending out his hand for the other to take, “it is going to be one, long, day today…”

As the hours passed by, Yves continued to watch as the three Precious Roses were still having their shoots. More particularly, he watched as how the three were working. He glanced at Ichirou, analyzing him, memorizing how he stands, his poses, how he gives life in the photoshoots, and interacts with the photographer. ‘Boring...’ Yves thought. To him, Ichirou was generic.

He turned his attention towards Eden. The more he was disgusted. By evaluating the model, the way he poses, his face, his eyes, nothing of how he worked screamed model. ‘A layman...’ He scoffed, ‘Henri picked horrible models...’

Yves turned to Baekyeol, the most important one in Baekyeol’s own personal opinion. The Beauty’s poses, his face, and how he eyed the photographer were done extremely well. Despite still being young, he knew how to model the ‘right’ way. He knew how to model well, and he knew how to make his presence known. Unlike most models now, they were nothing compared to Baekyeol.  

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

After the photoshoot, Yves brought the models straight to their dorms. However, when bringing Baekyeol home, he took his time in leaving.

“When are you going to talk to your brother about removing Eden and Ichirou?” Baekyeol asked, leisurely falling back in his bed, crossing his leg over the other.

“Like I said, I am working on it,” he said, sitting opposite of the Beauty, “you really think that you are better than them?”

“Of course! I am basically holding them up, and it is tiring to be honest. I am the one that brings in the most fans, I am the one that brings in the most customers for Henri, it is my face that you see in most covers...so why should they be part of Henri’s Precious Roses...I am the most beautiful Rose here. It should be me only.”

“I agree with you.”

Baekyeol blinked, actually surprised that Yves was taking his side. He was certain that the other was going to disagree.“You do?”

Yves nodded. “When you three were in the shoot, I analyzed you three myself. I prefer your modeling techniques though. They seem more...up to date, professional, and appealing...y even.” A small praise got Baekyeol smirking, “unlike the other two...they are good, but good doesn’t cut it, I don’t think, in the fashion world..”

“I’m glad that you see it my way,” his smile turned into a more serious one, “I rather that I work alone. Plus, a fashion house should only have one, main, model...and that should be me.”

Yves cleared his throat. “I understand,” he shifted in his seat, “may I ask...what happened to your other agent. I may have asked you before, but --”

Baekyeol eyes turned dark, his face showing disgust. “Yitao,” he said with venom, “he decided to leave me hanging, that bastard.”

“Now, now, calling people names are rude,” he went over and sat right next to Baekyeol, “what makes you hate him so much?”

“If you must know...the bastard hated me for no apparent reason,” he tighten his hands into fists on his lap, “I don’t understand him...he scolded me for no reason, as if I made a mistake,” he scoffed, “as if I could make a mistake. Please...I am Park Baekyeol for pete’s sakes! Asia’s number one!!”

“Ah, I see.”

“And...he has favoritism.”

“Hm?”

“He favored Eden, and I guess Ichirou, more than me! Smiling at him, giving him pat heads...gross. He doesn’t do any of that towards me. And I am so sure that Eden had a crush on Yitao as well.”

“Why would it matter?” Yves asked, now leaning back with his arms supporting him.

“Yitao can’t have his mind on someone else! He has to pay attention and take care of me! I see myself as a Queen, and the Queen should be protected at all cost.”

Yves scoffed. “Queen you say...and Yitao is what?”

Baekyeol scoffed. “Nothing. He is nothing now.” He stood up, ordering Yves to leave.

‘A Queen indeed.’ Yves nodded; he stood up and instructed Baekyeol to get some sleep, “Tomorrow, there is another --”

“Shoot? Of course,” he shooed the other away, “leave.”

“As you wish.” he jokingly said, as he bowed towards the other. He exited the room, gently closing the door behind him. Baekyeol started his nightly routine, taking a shower, and cleansing his face. As he dried his face with his towel, he did start to wonder where Yitao has gone, yet still thinking of him as an irresponsible person for leaving him.

He scoffed, throwing the towel against the mirror, and letting it fall in the sink. “What a stupid man.” ‘At least Yves is a better agent than Yitao...he isn’t mad at me or ignores me, but praises me.’ “If I see Yitao ever again, for sure he is going to hear it from me.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao sneezed, and shivered. ‘God...damn,’ he leaned back on his bed, and grabbed his blanket, wrapping it around himself, ‘cold...cold.’ He was currently looking through his father’s website, seeing what was new in his line, but found himself to be disappointed when he saw nothing new. It started to make him wonder if everything was okay with his father and his line. Everyday, even in France, it was talking about Henri, and how much he is succeeding in his line. It angered the young Panda, that he was making his way up, when he knew deep down that Henri’s lines were overualized versions of his father’s designs. ‘How is it that people don’t see this!? Isn’t plagiarism??’ He clicked out, and closed his laptop. He brought his legs up to his chest, sighing. ‘Why isn’t dad making some sort of comeback...’

Many times he thought of calling his parents, just to see how they are, but with his new number, he knew that they would figure something is up. He tapped on his desk, his mind now preoccupied with his cousin, Joonxing. He wondered how he was holding up their title, if he was doing okay by himself.

Yitao got up from his chair, and placed his blanket back on his bed. He exited his room, wanting to get a glass of water. He saw Hyunsoo typing away on his laptop in the kitchen table listening to music with his headphones.

“Oh,” he placed the left headphone ear down, “Yitao...what's wrong?”

“Hu? Nothing. I’m just getting a glass of water.”

“Hm,” Hyunsoo lowered his music, “still thinking about your gut.”

“Sorta,” he grabbed a glass, and the faucet, “I just checked my dad’s website, and he has nothing new. No new clothes, no events that he is attending...that makes me worried. I mean, when I was growing up, my dad would be so busy, but now, its like...I dunno, he isn’t doing anything.”

“Maybe he is on hiatus.”

“...Maybe…” 'Doubt it though...' He took a sip. Hyunsoo leaned back in his seat, contemplating on the next set of words to say. He closed his laptop.

“Go home, Yitao.”

“Huh?”

“Go home. Check up on your parents...maybe something is wrong if it is making you feel this way. As I said before, I know you are a bit scared how your parents are going to react and all...but it would be best to ease your mind and heart if you did that.”

Yitao leaned back on the counter, tapping the glass with his finger. “Maybe…”

“Maybe?” He let out a soft chuckle, “I don’t think it is a maybe. I think it is something that you should do. It is making you worry, right? If that grows, you are going to become stressed out, and that is certainly not good for your body. Go home, and check up on your parents. If they get mad that you were here for...what? Two months now...then so be it...at least you know, your parents are doing well.”

Hearing his best friend speak to him made Yitao finally realize that he is right. He nodded. “Alright...I’ll go,” he scratched the back of his head, ruffling it a bit, “man...look at me...a 21 year old scared of his parents that they will get mad at him for coming home, and leaving their good friend’s son back in France.”

Hyunsoo hummed. “Don’t mind that...your parents will forever be your parents...they love you regardless.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next morning, Baekyeol exited out of the elevator of his current residence, adjusting his shades that he was wearing. He yawned a bit, cracking his neck left and right.

“Morning...my dear Queen,” Yves joked, as he sat up from one of the seat in the lounge. He held up the cup of coffee, “got you some.”

“Lovely.” Baekyeol grabbed it without saying any word of thanks.

“I sent out drivers to pick up Ichirou and Eden, so we will meet up with them in our destination...and my brother will be there.”

“Good, so you can talk to him about what we talked about,” he took off his glasses, revealing his prim and perfect eyes, “right?”

“Right.”

“Great!” Baekyeol smiled brightly, giggling a bit; he placed his shades back on, adjusting them to his liking, “I’m glad you are seeing it my way.”

The two exited from the building, getting in the LBR private car. Yves instructed where to go, and soon they were heading over to the next studio for the photoshoot. Baekyeol sipped on his drink, before placing it on the cup holder in the car. “What are we going to be shooting today?”

“It will be another holiday shoot, this time for sweaters made by Koi Cloud.”

“Hm.”

“They are limited holiday sweaters, so make it work.”

“I always do.”

Yves nodded, agreeing with the Beauty. “I know you do.”

It took about half an hour for them to arrive at the studio, with 10 minutes to spare. As the driver parked the car, Yves thanked him, and exited out first, holding the door for Baekyeol. He extended out his hand, treating the Beauty like the Queen that he deemed himself to be. Yves didn’t mind; he started to adore the other.

Baekyeol ruffled his own hair, shaking it out of its place. He entered the building with Yves at tow. Immediately, they were greeted by the staff, the designer herself, and Henri.

“Baekyeol, you made it, good.” Henri said, approaching his most prized Rose, “Ichirou and Eden are finished with their makeup, go and get yours done.”

“Will do.” Baekyeol turned and was escorted by the staff to where he was suppose to go. Henri was about to follow, but his younger brother prevented him to do so.

“Yves?”

“I need to talk to you about something.”

“About?” Henri fully faced his brother, a bit worried at what it might be, “well?”

“About Baekyeol.”

“What about him?”

“Well…”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao placed his beanie on his head, and started to head out. Junhong spotted him before he exited out.

“Where are you going?”

“I have class today...well, one on one with the prof. so I’ll be back.”

“Alright,” he saluted the other, “take the car by the way, and be safe. The road is a bit slippery.”

Yitao chuckled, nodding his head. He thanked the other, and grabbed the keys that were hanging from the wall. He exited out of the apartment, and headed straight for his friend’s car. In all honesty, he didn’t feel the need to take his friend’s car and use it to drive him to school, considering his friends do so much for him already, but with Junhong offering, he was grateful.

Within 10 minutes he made it to the campus, and parked close to the entrance of the university. He got out, throwing his bag over his shoulder. ‘And I have...ha, 20 minutes to spare,’ he chuckled, ‘good.’

Yitao started to walk leisurely towards his professor’s room, not much in a rush. In the midst of walking through the courtyard, a much longer way in heading over to his professor’s office,  he felt a snowflake fall on his cheek. He pressed the wet, drop on his face, wiping it clear. ‘It is that time again...’

Holidays as a child, he remembered spending time with his parents, his aunts and uncles, cousin and close friends. He started to smile to himself, remembering the good memories. ‘Damn,’ he sighed, letting his smile falter, ‘I want to be a kid again...being an adult .’ He decided to pick up his pace, and heading straight towards his professor’s office.

Once he was close to his professor’s office, he knocked three times, until he heard his professor call to come in. “Ah, Yitao, you are,” he checked his watch, surprised, “actually early. I’m still in the middle of my lunch, but if it is alright with you, you can come in.”

“Thanks.” Yitao nodded his head, closing the door behind him. He took of his beanie, ruffling his hair a bit. “Smells good, sir.”

His professor chuckled. “My wife made my favorite soup today. Especially with this weather...it is surely getting colder, and colder by the second.”

“I hear ya.” Yitao took a seat right in front of the other’s desk.

It was quiet. Nothing, but the sounds of old, fashion clock behind his professor, ticking loudly. The young Panda took the opportunity to look around in the office. Books. Binders. Framed diplomas, showing the achievement his professor.

“How are you, Yitao?”

“Pardon?” Yitao turned his direction towards his professor.

“How are you? Doing well with your classes? Well, now it is one on one sessions. I find it interesting that you prefer it that way.”

“I’m more of a one on one guy...I guess.”

“Hm. How are your parents?” The young Panda kept silent, causing the other to know that he hasn’t spoken to his parents yet since his comeback to Korea. “Still?”

“Mr. Woo...I’m thinking about it...but I don’t know why I’m putting it off. My friends and I...we had this same exact convo...and I said that I was scared of how my parents would react me being here.”

“They might welcome you with open arms.”

“Or be angry with me...my time in France...wasn’t a good one, Mr. Woo. I was aggravated...I didn't like the people that I worked with, I was basically working for the enemy...to me it was like I was working against my own father.”

“I see...you have told your parents about this, right?”

“I've tried Mr. Woo...but since I am an adult, they tell me to be strong, and move passed it. I understand that I’m not a child anymore...and I do want to be on my own...but that is not what I had in mind. I rather work for my dad, than someone who is basically a rival,” he gave a shaky sigh, “I guess I’m scared that I’ll go home, they see me, and then they will get angry with me...that I gave up and went home, instead of being like an adult and solving my problems as an adult,” he rubbed his stomach, “plus...I’m having a bad feeling about something...and it might be family related…”

Mr. Woo hummed. “I understand, Yitao. Being new in the adult world...hm...it’s a bit complex. But I would actually head to your parents house...as soon as possible. Inform them what you told me...what you told your friends. They probably need to see your expression face to face. Things over the phone can be easily misinterpreted.”

“I know.”

“Hm. Plus, your mother and father love you a lot...sure, they might get mad, maybe, but at the end of the day, you are their son...and they will still love you no matter what.”

‘No matter what...’ Yitao nodded. “I hear ya.”

“Good,” Mr. Woo placed his finished lunch off to the side, “I’m done now so we will get started?” He lent out his hand, “paper?”

Yitao swung his backpack around, opening it to get his binder, “Right here.”

“Thank you.” As Mr. Woo looked over it, Yitao started to think. He nodded his head to himself. In all honesty, he had to do it regardless.

‘I think I’ll head home after this.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Henri watched over his models being photographed by the photographer and guided by the owner of Koi Cloud. Being closed friends with the owner, Henri couldn’t say ‘no’. To him, it just meant more exposure of his Precious Roses and more of Baekyeol’s face will be known. He started to think on what his younger brother has told him.

“Well...I think that Baekyeol should be on his own.”

“Huh? I don’t...I don’t understand what you mean…”

“I think that Baekyeol should...well, be your only model of your house. I mean, look, Baekyeol is the one that everyone looks at. He is the one most on covers...has the most commercial times...ads, speaks more on talk shows, everything. They don’t really pay attention to Ichirou and Eden, and to me, they are merely accessories for Baekyeol. Those two are good, don’t get me wrong...but they are slowly fading in the background.”

“So...you are telling me --”

“That you should actually have only...one...Precious Rose,” he then pointed to Baekyeol, who was in the midst of his getting his make up done, “I am the agent right for all the models? Well, I’m also helping you. By putting Baekyeol forward...you will gain more attention from everyone...why? Because he is your main model...who is wearing your designs. Your name is on the clothing, Henri...so it is better to have Baekyeol, your bread winner, be in front...and leave the two behind.”

“So...what? Fire them?”

“Your choice...actually....why have lots of models for your fashion house? You only need one face.”

“But I need more than just Baekyeol...what about runway shows?”

“Then hire some temporary models...use Eden and Ichirou if you have to.”

“You know that they will be paid less right? By me doing that, they will be doing part time. That sort of thing.”

Yves shrugged. “Great. Look, as I said, I’m helping you get your line more out there and exposed to the public. With Baekyeol being such an eye-catcher...right?”

The more Henri thought about it, he did find that his brother was telling the truth. With Baekyeol, his line is getting more, and more exposed out there because of the Beauty’s eye-catching image. Baekyeol’s appearance and approachable air around him, people loved him.

He turned over to Ichirou and Eden, seeing them model. They were good, as Yves said, but not good as Baekyeol.

“Hm, maybe I should just put Baekyeol by himself.” He mumbled to himself softly, “Might as well put the bread winner in front.”

As Henri continued to watch over his models, Yves was taking here and there glances at his brother, wondering if he listened to what he just told him minutes ago. It seemed that Henri was listening to him. He gave a small smirk, before turning his head towards Baekyeol.

The Beauty caught sight of the other. Yves gave an ‘okay’ sign, saying that Henri was going to make him the only face of LBR. Baekyeol smirked, loving were his idea was going. To celebrate, he hooked his arms with both Ichirou and Eden’s arms, pulling them close towards him. It surprised the two, yet Baekyeol smiled brightly at them.

‘Let’s celebrate...the day that I become the sole face of LBR!’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao started to place his things in his luggages; folded shirts, folded pants, his morning daily routine soaps and lotions, everything. After returning from his one on one session with his professor, Mr. Woo did set a reminder for him to return back home. He promised that he would go, and he kept that promise.

Both Junhong and Hyunsoo were out, leaving a note for Yitao that they would be back in a few hours. It was a shame that Yitao couldn’t tell them in person, but he didn’t want to wait just to tell them that he was heading home. Instead, he made dinner for the both of them, the best he could, and left a note about his leave.

‘Thanks guys.’ He smiled, knocking his desk table. He swung his duffle bag over his back, and started to head out. As he closed the apartment door, making sure it was locked; he made his way towards the bus stop as quickly as he could. He made it just in time, and boarded on bus.

Yitao paid his fee, and sat in the third seat from the front. Luckily, there was no other passengers in the bus. He sat by the window, letting out a shaky exhale. ‘This will be an interesting reunion...’

The bus ride was fairly slow, just like how Yitao wanted. There was no rush. None at all. He pulled down his beanie, brushing his hair back. He laid back in his seat, watching as the bus passed other cars, small plazas, and people who were brave enough to walk in the December cold.

He closed his eyes, just for a bit. It wasn’t until he felt the bus stop at its destination. Yitao opened his eyes, seeing that he was right in the area of where his house was. He got up and grabbed his luggages, and started to head out.

“Heading home for the holidays?” The bus driver asked, as he opened the door for the other.

“Something like that.” Yitao responded, “something like that.”

With a nod of the head from the driver, Yitao got off. He started to walk, a very familiar pathway; the mansion size houses, just like when he was a child. He started to count down the number plates of the mansions.

‘1987...1988...1989...’ “1990.”

In front of him was the gate. The same, old, gate that guarded his home. With a of his dry lips, he opened the gate with the key that he still kept. Once he closed it, he headed straight to the front door, seeing his father’s black car still parked right in front of their mansion.

‘Knock...or...’ He looked in the palm of his hand, still holding his keys. He shook his head, and placed his house key in the door’s key hole. He turned it, but noticed that no one was in the living room area. He placed his luggages down slowly, and closed the door behind him gently.

‘It is still...the same...feels like its been years...’

He heard footsteps coming from the hallway coming from his left. It didn’t take a second for the source to make its appearance.

‘Xiuchen...’

The young Bun was listening to his ipod, while eating a dinner roll; he didn’t notice the other, until he saw movement from his peripheral vision. Out of reflex Xiuchen screamed, and threw his half eaten roll at the other.

“Whoa -- Xiu --”

Yitao couldn’t finish his sentence, considering the young Bun lunged himself at him, hitting him as hard as he could. By then, Joonxing, followed by Xiumin and Chen, came rushing over.

“What happened -- oh my god!! It’s a burglar!!” Chen screamed, trying to fish out his cellphone from his pants pocket, “keep hitting him Xiuchen!!”

“Wait! Stop!!” Yitao grabbed hold of Xiuchen’s wrists to prevent them from hitting him anymore, “wait, don’t do that!”

“What is going on here?”

Yitao knew those voices anywhere. He looked passed Xiuchen, seeing his parents descending from the stairs quickly. “Hey!” Kris quickly made his way over, “you dare breaking into my…h-house...,” he slowly stopped, his eyes widen. He couldn’t believe it. “Yitao?”

“Yitao?” Tao’s head perked up, now making his way over. “Oh my god -- my baby!” He knelt down, and Xiuchen quickly moved off from the other, surprised that it was Yitao. Tao hugged his son, as tight as he could.

“M-Mom...I can’t breath…” He gently pushed himself away, now eye to eye with his mother. “I didn’t go to war mom…” He glanced up at his father, seeing if he would react the same way as his mother did, but he was proven wrong in seeing that his father was far from excited. “D-Dad --”

“What are you doing back in Korea? Is Baekyeol with you?”

“No --”

“Why not?”

“Dad, if I --”

“Why are you here, Yitao?”

“Okay, stop, just stop for a minute,” Tao stood up, bring Yitao and Xiuchen up with him, “how about we talk about this some other time,” he glanced over at the young Panda, placing his hand on his cheek, “he is cold, Kris. Let him eat something, then we will all talk about it later...privately.”

Kris tighten his lips, and gave his son one last stare, before heading towards his office. Yitao’s shoulders slumped down; he knew that this was something that would happen. His attention was distracted when he was greeted by his cousin. Joonxing hugged him tightly, shaking in the process. He was happy that his cousin came home.

“How are you Joonxing?” Yitao mumbled against the other’s head.

Instead of getting the response he wanted to get, Joonxing shook his head. “Not too good…”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Xiumin placed a small bowl of warm soup in front of the young Panda, and giving him a spoon. Yitao thanked the other, and quickly started to eat. Joonxing and Xiuchen watched, while the much older adults were standing behind the kitchen counter.

“He looks good in red, huh?” Xiumin said, trying to strike a conversation, "red hair...shaven on the side."

Tao bit the inside of his cheek, but nodded. “Yeah, he looks good...but now, I feel that he is getting rebellious.”

“I wonder what brings him back to Korea.” Chen said, “did he tell you?”

“No...he didn’t. Neither I or Kris knew,” he sighed out. He was started to feel a bit guilty that he wasn’t calling his son frequently as he wanted to, but he just ended up being busy with taking care of Jin, and among other things. ‘He did mention that he wasn’t liking it over there...but that was months ago...’

As the older adults were talking, the younger ones were having a conversation with themselves. “You changed your hair…” Joonxing said tiredly.

“Yeah...thought it would be a good change you know?” Yitao ruffled his hair a bit, letting it slowly fall into its place, “red...I like red.”

“Yitao...sorry for hitting you...and throwing my roll at you..."

The young Panda chuckled. "It's fine Xiuchen."

"Where is Baekyeol? Did you drop him off? Are you guys coming back to work for uncle -- I mean...your dad?” Xiuchen asked.

“Baekyeol is still in France...being who he wants to be. I came back home by myself.”

“Why?”

“Because I belong here, not there.” ‘I rather be here than there.’

“Uncle didn’t look so happy,” Joonxing sighed out, “are you still going to talk to him?”

“I have to no matter what…”

Xiuchen laid his head on top of his arms, “you don’t sound too excited either…” He mumbled.

“Lets just say I am a bit scared that my dad will see me as a failure in not doing the most simplest things. Which was taking care of Baekyeol.”

“Was he difficult?” Joonxing asked, now sitting up in his seat.

Yitao turned to his cousin, giving him a serious expression. “The Baekyeol you remember, or known, is long gone.”

“Wha --”

He went closer to his cousin, “he is a self proclaimed god, thinking that he is the best out of everyone. He is nothing, but a .”

“Yitao...that is Baekyeol you are speaking about.” Joonxing was shocked at how his cousin was speaking about the Beauty, “don’t do that Yitao...t-this is Baekyeol...he isn’t really like that, I...I-I mean, you did have a crush on --”

“Please…” Yitao shook his head, “all of that feelings that I had for him...out the window. I hate Baekyeol...I hate him…” ‘That is not the Baekyeol I used to like back then...I don’t know who the Baekyeol I see in front of me is...’

Yitao stood up, and brought up his bowl to the sink. “Yitao,” Tao made his way over, now standing right beside his son, “are you full?”

“Yes.”

“Leave that there,” Xiumin said, “I’ll take care of it.”

“Thank you, Xiumin,” Tao took hold of his son’s hand, “should we head to your father’s office?”

“I rather not, but I have no choice.”

Tao hummed. "I like your hair." He said with a smile.

"Thanks mom."

"Though, I would rather that you didn't do it...tattoo here," he pointed at his chest, "I feel that you are being rebellious now, but," he brushed his son's hair back, "looks good."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Both Yitao and Tao took about half an hour before heading to Kris’ office. The young Panda took the opportunity to tell his mother about his feelings, his thoughts about working for Henri, and his problem with Baekyeol. Tao nodded his head, understanding what his son was saying. Tao started to feel ashamed that he wasn’t able to really spot the problem that was happening with his eldest soon enough. He figured that it was just Yitao being homesick.

“I’m sorry, Yitao, that I haven’t been listening to you...I should have listened harder to what you were telling me…”

“It is fine mom...it’s fine,” Yitao swallowed a lump in his throat, “h-how is dad?”

Tao bit his lip, wondering if informing his son about what is currently happening would be wise. Things like this, he didn't want Yitao to know. Its not the children’s problem to know any of this, but Tao thought it would be good to inform what is happening. Yitao wasn’t a child, but an adult. He started to explain to the other what is happening.

The more Yitao listened, the more his eyes widen. His father’s fashion house was going under. His hands started to ball up; he started to get angry. Not at his father, but his anger was starting to direct at Henri.

‘That bastard...’ “You know that his designs are similar to dad’s...and he is just overualizing it...you know that right? You’ve seen it?”

Tao sighed. “I haven’t...and if it is...in the world of fashion...I think, there are no true original designs. Some designs are probably taken and revamped to fit with their own personal technique. The originals were made long ago...now what you see...are probably redones of the originals.”

“Still...plus, wanting Baekyeol to be his model...can’t he get his own?”

“I don’t know how to answer that, Yitao...I just don’t. I guess your father was just being nice when handing Baekyeol over.” He stood up from the chair that he was sitting on, and gestured for his son to get up as well. “Lets go and see your father…I’m sure he wants to see you.”

The two started to head down the hallway from the kitchen they were at. Every step they took, Yitao felt his palms sweat. He never liked disappointing his father, and his father did look disappointed when he saw him. He clicked his tongue, and started to shake his head.

Once they were in front of his door, Tao knocked, but no words spoke out for them. Tao opened the door regardless, seeing Kris drowned with papers. Papers showing his decline. “Kris, Yitao is here.”

Kris looked up from his papers, exhausted. He lazily threw them on his desk. “Yitao...why are you here.”

“Kris...seriously, that is the first thing you are going to ask your son?” Tao asked with a surprised tone, as he gently pushed his son inside the office.

“Well, it is being honest. How long were you in Korea?”

“Two months --"

“Two?!”

“Dad, if you just listen to me...just listen...working for Henri...is like a nightmare. I hated working for him...I don’t even consider him as a fashion designer. He is far from it...Dad, his designs are like yours, but what makes him different is that his are so...so overulaized! I don’t understand why people are going for that!! That is not fashion, that is something what you see in...I don’t know, gentlemen’s magazines? I don't like how his designs are made fit for a certain person. Fashion is about making people feel good in what they are wearing. He doesn’t even understand that!! And, its making Baekyeol think the same way. Dad, Baekyeool has no consideration of other people...Baekyeol is making himself be this superior person all because of that bastard --”

“Yitao! Language!”

Yitao scoffed, acting like a teenager with non-understanding parents. “Dad, he is basically stealing your spotlight! Don’t you see that?! He is going up, while you are going down! That is what mom said! That you are going under?! No sales are going through huh!? No one is looking at your stuff anymore! I wonder why, because everyone is focusing on Henri’s designs, and because Baekyeol is bringing all the customers in!!”

Kris looked over at Tao, who expressed his ‘sorry’. “Yitao, this is none of your concern. I’ll figure everything out. This is my fashion house, and I’ll figure everything out --”

“Then let me help you!”

“Yitao, I asked you to be Baekyeol’s agent...and instead you pout and groan about working for Henri, and looking after Baekyeol...what I asked is something simple...and you couldn’t do that!! This problem,” Kris pointed at the papers he had on his desk, “are mine...and I’ll fix it!”

“Dad...you’re not thinking of sending me back to that hell hole, are you?” It was silent for a bit, and the more Yitao was shocked. His dad wasn’t even listening. “You’re the worst, my god!!” Yitao stormed out from his father’s office, slamming the door behind him. Tao tried to catch him, but Kris told him not to.

“Kris, please tell me you didn’t listen to a word your son just said.”

“Yitao is a 21 year old man...he can't just stop and leave, just because he doesn’t like something. Don’t you think that was irresponsible of him? Huh? Things in life are going to be like that...difficult. Nothing is easy. You have to work with people that you hate, but you would have to move passed that, and keep on going. Yitao...is 21...not 12, Tao.”

“Be it as it may, but I don’t like seeing our children suffer,” he gestured towards the door, “Yitao has been miserable there and we didn't listen...do not think of sending him back there, if he going to be more miserable than he is now, or so help me, Kris, you are going to hear it from me.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao made his way up to his room, and was greeting by his loyal, dog, Heilang. He barked and nuzzled his head against his pant leg. Heilang sure missed his master.

“I missed you too bud,” Yitao wiped his cheek with the back of his hand, “dad is being an …”

With a sigh, he sat down on his bed, scratching Heilang behind the ear. His head perked up, hearing a faint cry coming down from the hallway.

‘Jin?’

Yitao stood up, and quickly made his way out. He followed the source, and into his parents’ room. The cries became louder as he entered. The young Panda quickly walked over towards the crib, seeing his baby brother that he hasn’t seen in months, with his eyes open, crying out loud.

“Jin...don’t cry.” Yitao sighed out.

Baby Jin, blinked, and slowly his cries started to stop. He stared at Yitao with wide eyes, tilting his head to the right. Feeling a bit awkward, Yitao didn’t know much on what to do. When Jin started to move his arms up and down, as if wanting to be picked up, Yitao had no choice, but pick him up.

Still nervous about holding his baby brother, Jin did nothing. He didn’t cry as what Yitao expected, but instead giggled. Yitao smiled, but quickly faded when he realized that Jin might have mistook him for their mother.

‘Jin has been more comfortable with mom...man, Jin don’t call me mommy when you get older...’ “I’m Yitao...I’m your older brother.”

Jin blinked, before closing his eyes, and turning his head towards Yitao chest. Yitao chuckled making his way over to his parents’ bed. He laid down, with Jin still in his arms. Yitao watched as Jin started to head back to sleep; watching the other sleep, started to make him sleepy. He closed his eyes, and eventually, both started to sleep. For once, since Yitao came home, he felt warm inside.

A few hours later, both Kris and Tao went to their room to check up on Jin, but were surprised to see both their sons sleeping. Tao went forward, sitting on the edge of the bed, brushing Yitao’s hair a bit. He looked over at Kris, giving him a look that told him not to send their eldest back.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next morning, Yitao headed downstairs and was greeted by his auntie Luhan and uncle Sehun, as well as his auntie Joonmyun and uncle Yixing. They were happy that Yitao was back, asking stories from France, and other countries that Yitao was in. Instead, the young Panda kindly refused, saying that he didn’t really want to talk about it.

“Yitao,” the said person looked behind him, seeing his father in front of his office; he cleared his throat, “come to my office after breakfast.”

With that, Kris went back to his office, closing his door.

“Yitao,” he turned to face Joonmyun, “eat first.”

“Hm, okay.”

As they entered the kitchen, Xiumin made a warm, and delicious, holiday breakfast, gingerbread waffles with chocolate sauce. They ate all together, talking among each other, while Yitao ate fairly fast. He thanked Xiumin for the food, and made his way over to his father’s office. Before he entered, he inhaled and exhaled slowly. He opened his father’s office door, seeing him look over his papers, just like yesterday.

“Dad…”

He looked up, and gestured for him to come inside. “Yitao.” He sighed.

Yitao stepped inside, and closed the door behind him gently behind him. He started to worry. What did his dad want?

“Yitao...yesterday...I’m sorry that I yelled at you. As you can see, I’m just stressed out with my fashion house going under. I have to work fast, but wisely with what is left of the money. I’m...I’m just in a bind.”

“Dad, I can help you,” Yitao approached his father’s desk, “please, let me help you with this...I can give you advice? Maybe...or something. I don’t know, but please, I just want to work for you,” he started to kneel in front of his father’s desk, which surprised his father a bit, “don’t send me back over there...I don’t like it…”

Seeing his own son, begging him not to send him back, opened his eyes a bit. His son did hate being there. He was told repeatedly by Yitao that he hated being there, and he was stubborn to even see or hear it. Kris clicked his tongue, and stood up from his seat, “Yitao get up.”

The young Panda looked up, but hesitated to actually get up. He eventually did, now standing right in front of his father, eye to eye. “I’m not going back, dad.”

“I know...I won’t send you back, Yitao,” he gave a weak smile, “I’m sorry...it is wrong of me to get angry at you...and I didn’t take your feelings into consideration.” He inhaled deeply, and letting it out through his nose. He was about to speak, but nothing came out.

Yitao smiled. “Thank you, dad.”

“You are my son, Yitao...as a father, I should keep your feelings and health in mind.” He glanced down at the papers, all marked red, showing his declining sales, “now I don’t know what to do with my problem…”

Yitao glanced over them; he picked one up and glanced over it. He started to think quickly of a solution on how to help his father with his fashion house. ‘Dad needs to work on designs...and he can’t do that with all of these weighing him down...’ Yitao bit his lip. “Dad...the reports of your international stores.”

“They are not selling.”

As much as it hurt Yitao to tell his father, he had to in order to not waste anymore money. He informed Kris on his plan. “You have to sell the store buildings dad.”

“What?”

“Get rid of them. Solely focus and work on your designs, and presenting them to runways and magazines.”

“But...those stores --”

“I know, dad...but we need to sell those stores...if the clothes are not selling, then it is pointless, and you are wasting your money on keeping these store buildings. Get rid of them, and focus your energy on the designs,” he saw the hurt in his father’s eyes. The stores were something that he wanted to do for a long time, and hearing that he had to close them down, it was heartbreaking. “And I know...it is going to cause a stir with the people...but...you will make a great comeback dad...show them who is the best.”

Kris nodded. “Okay...I’ll call the supervisor of the stores...and let them know.” Yitao nodded, placing the paper back on his father’s desk. He tighten his lips, and stood there, not really moving from his spot. Kris raised his eyebrow at his son. “Do you miss modeling for me.”

Yitao nodded. “Yeah, dad...I do...I miss being beside Joonxing, and modeling with him --”

“What about Baekyeol...he was also part of...as people called it, The Dragon’s Birds.”

“He is not anymore,” his expression darken, “he is part of that group now. It is just me and Joonxing. We will bring up the Dragon’s house again, and show everyone whom it rightfully belongs to!” It took a second, but it made Kris laugh. Yitao started to blush, and caused him to puff out his cheeks. “Dad!!”

“S-Sorry...sorry...its just...I like how you see this whole fashion world. You are seeing it like, who is the 'top dog' right?” he smiled, “you have a lot of faith in me, huh? Even though I’m going downwards...”

“You are my dad...of course I have faith in you...and you are not going downwards.”

Kris smiled; he extended his hand out. “Welcome...home, Yitao. Welcome home and welcome back as a Dragon's Bird.” Not even a second, Yitao shook hands with his father, now happy to be back where he blonged. "And Yitao..."

"Yeah?"

"Why did you color your hair...your mother has this thing about his children coloring hair...getting tattoos...smoking...you already done two things out of the three, I'm actually surprised your mother didn't have a panic attack when he saw your hair. Remember the time you got your first tattoo..."

"Yeah...mom freaked out, but I like it...I wanted something new anyway, and you know I won't smoke..."

Kris chuckled. "Hope not...and looks good on you...the red hair."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol was in his tub, having a nice warm bath with his favorite strawberry, scented, bubble soap. He was looking at the latest French fashion magazine, smiling in victory that his face was again ranked number 1 as one of the top earning and most beautiful model in France and internationally.

‘Just as it should be.’ He sang, before tossing it lazily on the cream, tiled bathroom floors.

Things have been going well for him. With the release of Ichirou and Eden, as well as the rest of the other models, it was mostly Baekyeol’s presence that was holding up LBR. The other models were, as Baekyeol loved to put it, “background characters”. The models now were only paid if Henri used them for photoshoots or for runways, but other than that, Baekyeol was the sole model for LBR. As expected, no one cared about the other models, except for Baekyeol.

“Baekyeol.” A knock was made, causing the Beauty to roll his eyes.

“What?” He called out.

Yves leaned against the door, and held out his ipad in front of him; he started to inform the other of his schedule.

It being a new year, Baekyeol knew that the awards ceremonies of fashion was being held once again. It was an annual fashion award show, giving awards to designers and fashion models for their achievements so far. He remembered it well when he was with the Dragon’s Birds, but this time, he will be able to win award solely by himself. He was sure of himself that he would be bringing in the majority of the awards.

“The 2015 Wonder Fashion Awards will be held in Venice, Italy this year,” he scrolled down on his ipad, “and it already shows who is going.”

“Who is going?” Baekyeol slumped down a bit, raising his left leg up, causing the water to drip.

Yves started to list them, and Baekyeol started to nod his head. ‘Know him...know him...know her definitely...’

“And...this name will be familiar to you,” Yves leaned his head against the door, “Kris.”

His head perked up. ‘Uncle.’

“It seems that his fashion house is only...in one category though,” Yves said, pressing on the link that directed him to the category that Kris was in, “new model award?”

Baekyeol raised his eyebrow. “What?”

“New model...I guess your former employer has a new model...you have been hearing about your former boss right?” A silence was made, which only meant that Baekyeol didn’t keep up with the news that was going on around the world, fashion or not. He was mostly focused on if he was on the magazines. If it wasn't about him, he didn’t care. “Well, your former boss had to close down his international stores, which raised up rumors that he was going under. But...within a few days, on his website, revealed...like teasers of a new model. They wouldn’t show his face...he always wore...like a venetian, black mask.”

“Whats his name?”

“There is no info of his real name...or any stats of him, since he is knew, but he goes by a stage name.”

“Stage name?” Baekyeol scoffed, “what is he...a pop idol?”

“Probably? Well...he goes by the stage name...Hong Long.”

“Hong what?”

“Hong Long...because of his red hair...and him being under the Dragon’s house...he chose the name Hong Long. He only did a new photoshoots of your former Boss’ new designed, clothes...which are back to his old roots, which are suits. It got a lot of attention from netizens...and so he is nominated for a new model award...despite him starting late.”

‘I’m in that category as well...’ Baekyeol started to worry about his position. He later scoffed it off. ‘No matter...I’m still on the top of everything, I can probably beat him.’ “I can’t wait to see this new model in person.”

“Well, the awards are in 5 days...you will see him soon.”

Baekyeol smirked. “I cannot wait.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Mistakes? Sorry about those...

Now it is 1:48am LOL
 
NOTE(S):

Through google translate: “Red Dragon” = “Hong Long”