ch8

Model Complexity

“Sir, this came into day,” Henry’s assistant said as he came inside his office, “Here you go.”

It was 8am as always, and the models were at the studio, getting ready to head over to one of France’s popular stations to be interviewed. Henry was in his office getting his things set, when his assistant came in. “Hm? What is this?”

“Ah, it is a letter sir.”

“Okay, thanks.” Henry looked over at his desk, while the assistant left. He grabbed his letter opener and opened the letter. He quickly read over, but backtracked on what he was reading. ‘Letter of resignation? Wha -- but he can’t do that without a notice first...’ As he continued to read the letter, he sighed, ‘Well…,’ he placed the letter down on his table, ‘I don’t want to complain...his father is one of the best fashion designers in the world...Yitao’s father has his back on this one...hm, no matter though, nowadays Kris isn’t doing so well in the fashion world,’ he tapped his cheek with his index finger, ‘hm. That does give me an edge of sorts...I’ll just ask...oh --.’ He leaned over and grabbed his phone. He started to dial a familiar number. After a couple of rings, the person at the end of the phone answered.

“Yes?”

“Yves...it’s Henri.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Where is Yitao?” Ichirou asked, leaning back in the couch seat. “He didn’t come with you?”

“No...he did not.” ‘That bastard...did he really leave or something?’ Baekyeol bit his perfectly manicured nails. ‘He is gunna hear it from Henri...he is going to be mad.’ He glanced over at Eden, wanting to see his reaction. Just as expected, he was worried. Baekyeol scoffed. ‘Yitao won’t save you now, you .’

“Henri will be down in a second,” the assistant said as he was descending from the stairs, “He is just gunna do some things first then we will head off to the station for the interview.”

The three models nodded; they resumed back in their conversation, while Baekyeol sat quietly to himself.

It wasn’t after a while that Henri came down from the steps with his bag. “We should get going now,” he checked his watch, “or else we are gunna be late.”

Eden and Ichirou stood up, while Baekyeol still sat down. “What about Yitao?” Eden asked, “he isn’t even here yet.”

“About that...I’ll tell you guys in the car, so lets all move towards the door.” Henri gestured towards the door. Eden and Ichirou did, while Baekyeol took his time. They made it towards the van, and buckled themselves up. “To the Fraise-Coco Station please.” He told the driver, which he nodded.

“Okay, so Yitao,” Ichirou said, “do you know where he is?”

“Hm,” Henri nodded, “I do.” It was silent for a bit, until Ichirou asked again, still not understanding what Henri meant. “What I mean is...Yitao handed in his notice.”

“‘His notice’...you mean that he left? He resigned?” Eden asked, which caused Baekyeol to be slightly irritated.

“That is what is means, god you’re stupid.” Baekyeol mumbled the last part, which Eden heard clearly. Eden slumped down in his seat, feeling a bit embarrassed.

“Why did he leave? Did he say? What about us? And the other models? Doesn’t that mean we are all agentless?” Ichirou asked. Henri thought for a bit before he answered.

“He left...because he wanted to. In his letter, he couldn’t stand it any more working for me,” he chuckled, “I like his honesty. Better to be honest than lie, ya know?” He cleared his throat. “As for the future...by that I mean having an agent for the models...I called someone before we left.”

“You did?” Baekyeol raised his eyebrow. “That was quick.”

“Hm, well, I am running a business so, I do have to find ways to work around it. Something like this can’t stop me...if that happens, then my fashion house is going to suffer.”

“So,” Ichirou nodded his head left and right, “who is the person that you got to be our agent?”

Henri looked over at his precious Roses. “Your agent is going to be my brother, Yves.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As they arrived at the Fraise-Coco Station, they were quickly rushed the wardrobe and makeup station. Eden was quiet as the makeup artist worked on his makeup, making sure that he was presentable and fresh looking.

“Are you okay?” The makeup artist asked,”you look a bit down.”

“Oh, um, it is just that I found out that my agent and good friend...um, resigned this morning...it is a bit of a shock, so…hm.” Eden nodded as he trailed off his sentence.

“Oh, I see...sorry to hear about that.”

Baekyeol looked over, staring at Eden with a bit of an attitude. “He probably left because a certain model wasn’t doing his job.” He said, letting his chin rest on the top of his hand.

Eden looked over. “H-huh?”

‘He is scared of me,’ Baekyeol mentally smirked, ‘perfect...he should be scared.’ “I’m just sayin’...maybe someone wasn’t doing their job correctly and he got tired and irritated ya know?”

“You think it’s you?” Ichirou asked, crossing his arms together. “You have been --”

“Been what, Ichirou? Please, explain yourself.” Baekyeol said, giving his full attention to the Japanese. Ichirou bit his lip, yet Baekyeol urged him to continue his sentence. “Well? What do you think I did?”

“I-I just think...that for the...t-the past months, you have been, um --”

“Well?” Baekyeol crossed his legs over, waiting for Ichirou to finish the words, “What have been these past couple months? Hm?”

“Uh --”

“I’m waiting!” He said with irritation in his voice. However, for Ichirou, he gave a cold expression. He wasn’t liking the idea of Baekyeol being rude to him. Instead, he turned his head away, not wanting to speak with him if he was going to speak to him in that way. “Hm,” Baekyeol scoffed, “No words I see...anyway,” he turned back to Eden, who tighten his lips. “I’m sure that one of the models was being an irritation to the head. That is probably why he left.”

“Don’t y-you think that he would have spoken to us first about it? I mean, Yitao would often tell me things.” He whispered, yet Baekyeol caught every single syllable said. His eyes widen, and his expression changed.

“What?” He said coldly.

“Erm,” Eden slightly jumped in his seat, “I-I mean, he --”

Baekyeol waved off the stylist that was doing his hair, and got off from his seat. The Beauty’s eyes piercing straight at Eden. He made his way over to the other; he told the other stylists to leave. “B-But, sir, you will be on in --”

“I don’t care, leave!” He said towards the young stylist, who jumped in her place. She quickly nodded, and left with other stylists.

“God, Baekyeol, why did you do --” Ichirou stopped in mid-sentence; he was caught off from the glare that Baekyeol was emitting. The Beauty told him to leave the room, in which the Japanese instead stood his ground. Unlike Eden, he was a bit stronger.

“I said leave, Ichirou.”

“No.”

Baekyeol narrowed his eyes. “Leave, or I swear to god, I would get you fired from LBR. You know Henri always listens to what I say.”

“Just because you are his favorite, doesn’t mean that. That means to me.”

“Oh?” Baekyeol placed his hand in front of his lips, giggling, “Really now? How about --”

“Ichirou, just leave.” Eden spoke, “I’ll be fine,” he gave a weak smile, “b-besides, he wants to speak to me.”

Ichirou bit his lip; he wasn’t liking the idea of leaving the other with him. Yet, Eden’s eyes pleaded that he didn’t want anymore negative atmosphere in the room. Ichirou scoffed. “Fine.” As he turned his heel, he slammed the door hard; he mentally cursed himself. ‘I seriously wish Yitao was here...why did he have to leave?’ He tighten his lips, before shaking his head. ‘Damn you, Yitao...when we call you, you don’t have the courtesy to even answer!’

Meanwhile, Baekyeol smirked as he turned around to face his fellow co-worker. “Where were we? Oh, yeah,” his smile faded quickly, “how is it that you and Yitao are so close?”

“H-he talks to me...a-alot...you know that, you see me and him talk --”

“A lot?” ‘You think I’m stupid?! I know that he speaks to you a lot!’

“Hm.” Eden nodded. Baekyeol gritted his teeth. He made his way over, now in front of his co-worker. Eden widen his eyes a bit, as the Beauty did nothing just yet, but stare right at him. He swallowed a lump in his throat. “B-Baekyeol -- ow!”

Baekyeol grabbed the back of Eden’s hair tightly, pulling his head back. Eden bit his lip, as he tried to grab Baekyeol’s hands, trying his best to pry them off. He pleaded for the Beauty to let him go, but instead, Baekyeol gripped it tighter.

“O-ow, Baekyeol,” Eden said, choking up in his words, “Baekyeol, please --”

“Shut up!” Baekyeol started to grow angry, “I knew it, Yitao had favorites among the models, and it was you?” He scoffed, “Please, you aren’t even a great model!”

Eden blinked; soon tears started to drop from his eyes.

“I wonder what Yitao sees in you anyway...you aren’t even that great! Not even that good looking! So, what makes you so special? He should be paying attention to me! I am the ing face of the company, I need the special treatment, I should have everyone be looking after me! Catering to me!!” he released his grip on Eden’s hair, harshly pushing his index finger against Eden’s forehead, “you are such a disgrace, you know that? With no Yitao here to defend you...you --”

A knock was made, and soon Baekyeol looked over his shoulder, quickly composing himself. Henri went inside, informing the two that they will be on soon. However, he saw Eden a bit shaken up. “Eden? Why are you like that?”

“U-uh, I’m fine. I’m just getting nervous.”

“Nervous?” Henri rose his eyebrow, “you’ve done his multiple times, Eden. There is no time for being nervous. And now the make up artists have to retouch your makeup -- Eden, you are wasting precious time here. Be more professional.” He scolded.

“Oh, don’t be like that,” Baekyeol wrapped his arm around Eden, comforting him, “he is just have some...well, it is just an off day for him,” he beamed, “he will be out soon.”

“I just hope so. Anyway, get ready.” Henri said, exiting the room. As the door close, Baekyeol clicked his tongue, he pushed away from Eden harshly, wiping his hand on his leg. He didn’t say another word, but exited the room, slamming the door behind him. Eden jumped from the slam; he lowered his head, tightening his hands into a ball.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Henri watched from the television that was stationed in the back, watching his precious Roses being interviewed; he nodded his head, in seeing that his top models were answering the questions given with such poise. He turned around when he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around, seeing his younger brother, Yves. “You made it.”

Henri’s younger brother, Yves was just a couple of years younger than he was, in a line of management as his career, much like what Yitao is studying for in university. He was surprised that his older brother called, telling him about the problem that he was having with their former agent that took care for the models. To him personally, he found it unprofessional of Yitao to do something like that. It was a waste of an opportunity.

“Well, you did call me in,” He said, looking up at the television screen, “they are still doing the interview?”

“Of course, and they are doing oh so well.” Henri nodded his head, absolutely proud. Yves chuckled, knowing that his brother was doing well in the fashion world. He had some doubts in all honesty that his brother would fall in the fashion world, trying to compete with the other top fashion designers and considering it was quite competitive, and difficult to stay on top.

“Hm,” Yves cleared his throat, “Baekyeol sure does look really beautiful in front of the camera.”

“Of course, my most perfect, little rose.” Henri shifted his weight a bit.

The two continued to watch the interview taking place, mostly Baekyeol being the one responding. It didn’t bother Eden that much, considering he really didn’t want to talk. However, for Ichirou, his mind was a bit preoccupied. He didn’t really like the fact that Baekyeol wasn’t sharing the speaking time with the interviewer. ‘It is as if he is the only top model here,’ Ichirou bit the inside of his cheek, ‘this is a group...god, Baekyeol putting the idea that he is better than us in his head...’

The interviewer started to telling his audience that their time was done, and to give an applause to the models. Audience clapped, causing the models to bow in thanks. The models started to exit, and were greeted by Henri.

“Good job guys, I was very impressed on how you handled it all.”

‘Baekyeol did most of the talking.’ Ichirou crossed his arms, trying his best to give a smile and a nod.

“Who is this?” Baekyeol asked bluntly, at the man standing right next to Henri.

“Oh! Guys, this is my younger brother, Yves,” he gestured towards him, causing the models to fully look at the well dressed, dirty blonde, spectacled man, “he will be your new modeling agent.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The young Panda looked at the tower clock that was in front of him. He was already irritated. It was already night time, and he had a few hours left until he was heading back to Korea, according to what the people at the airport told him. His flight to Korea changed multiple times, for reasons unknown. However, Yitao knew that he didn't want to stay here in France for another day. Instead he waited. Yitao leaned in his chair, fumbling with his cellphone. He took in a deep inhale, and exhaled slowly. “I’m doing the right thing...I know it. My happiness comes first,” he nodded to himself, “If I don’t leave, I’m very much certain that I’m gunna get like a or something.” Yitao looked over to his right, and fixed his cap that he was wearing.

He started to tap his cellphone on his cheek, wondering if he should text Eden. ‘He would be the only one worried...and Ichirou too,’ He scoffed, “and Baekyeol wouldn’t even give two s about me. If that is how it is, I could care less on what he does…” He whispered to himself.

He lowered his gaze, staring at the tiled floors of the French airport. Yitao tighten his lips. He started to wonder if it was wise to actually leave Eden and Ichirou alone, plus the other models that were at LBR. Despite him being harsh, the models grew to enjoy his presence and guidance in the photoshoots. A sigh escaped from Yitao’s lips. ‘I’m sorry guys...but I just can’t.’

As he shifted in his seat, he started to wonder about how his parents were going to react. ‘Damn,’ he thought, ‘I can’t go home...they are going to be angry with me...especially dad.' He started to think. “Hm, I could call Junhong and Hyunsoo when I get there. I could stay with them for a couple of weeks until I can figure out how to tell mom and dad.” He said softly. Immediately, he could see the disappointment in their faces. Though, he was sure that they would agree that his happiness would be most important.

“Flight FNC-5 is now boarding. I repeat, flight FNC-5, Paris, France to London, United Kingdom.”

Yitao glanced up at the ceiling. “Hurry up time.” He whispered. As he let his head droop down, he noticed someone coming to sit next to him. Yitao grabbed his luggage, and placed them on the other side of him, to give room for the other person.

“Oh, thank -- hm?” The person tilted her head. “Oh, I know you!”

Yitao fully turned towards the other, surprised to see it was the lady from Spain. “Gina? Gina, right? Your name?”

Gina beamed. “I’m surprised you remembered my name.” She chuckled, “I wasn’t expecting it.”

“What a coincidence,” Yitao nodded his head towards her, “Heading…erm, somewhere?”

“I’m heading to Korea for another wedding," she chuckled, "I was here in France for week or two to attend a friend’s wedding so…yeah. Now I’m heading to another.” She nodded. “What are you doing here? Heading to work overseas? Or something?”

“Actually, I’m heading home myself...Korea.” Yitao fumbled with his thumbs.

“Oh, well thats good. Vacations are always needed.”

“Hm, more like permanent leave.”

Gina turned her attention to Yitao. “What? You left your work?”

“More for personal reasons. I can’t stand it.”

“O-oh.”

Yitao shrugged; thinking that it wasn’t such a big thing, he told her about it. The problems that he was facing, his breaking point, and Baekyeol even being discourteous towards his co-workers, just because he is the face of LBR, and worshiped by all the people didn't give him the right to treat them like that. Even though, he didn’t know Gina that well, he decided to vent out towards her. Luckily for him, Gina was listening, and nodding to what he was saying. “So, yeah...my happiness is more important than having to deal with this. I mean, what would you have done?”

“Me? Well, I think I would have left too.” She said, placing her index finger on her cheek.

“Thank you.” Yitao nodded. “That is the answer I was looking for.”

“Hm. Though, what about the models? Since they were under your care and all.”

“They will be fine.”

“What about Baekyeol?”

“He will be fine as well.” Yitao said coldly.

Gina tighten her lips and nodded. “I see,” she cleared , “you know...from how you explained it to me...that doesn't sound like the Baekyeol that I met in Spain.”

“Hm? Well, that is his fake personality.”

She chuckled weakly, “Is that so...,” she trailed off, which got Yitao’s attention. He looked at her, waiting for her to continue, yet she didn’t.

“What?”

Gina gave a weak smile. “I just back in Spain, he looked really clingly to you, ya know? Hm, like --"

"Like a what?"

"...I don’t know. It just felt as if he liked you. I remember those photos well, and he looked happy when he was with you.”

Yitao raised his eyebrow at the other. “What -- I mean no disrespect, but, what the hell? Baekyeol -- no, Baekyeol that I see now, I don't see any of that genuine happiness. I see a fake one because he wants everyone to fall in love with him! He loves attention.”

“Maybe...it is something different...they do say that when two people argue so much...” She trailed off again, causing Yitao to be more confused with what she was telling him.

‘something different’

“Was Baekyeol like that before?” Gina asked, crossing her leg over the other, “I hope you don’t mind me asking. Afterall, it is a more personal thing.”

Yitao shook his head. “No...he wasn’t.”

“Oh?”

The young Panda lowered his head, completely changed from his attitude before. “He wasn’t. He wasn’t like that before.” His mind then reeled back to the memories of when they were kids; laughing and playing around in Yitao’s backyard. It was carefree back then; no problems whatsoever. “Baekyeol was full of smiles…,” he said softly, “Genuine smiles. He was always kind...and sweet.” He trailed off, which got Gina to smile a bit.

“Must’ve been a good memory, huh? The old Baekyeol?”

Yitao bit his lip. “Yeah...it was.” He sat up in his seat. “But all of that is in the past, and it will never come back. The Baekyeol I see before me changed into a person that I hate the most. This Baekyeol is narcissistic...disrespectful...he is a true elitist. His idea of beauty is disgusting,” he shook his head, “that I hate it. Clothes that he models...he told me that it must fit only on a perfect size person...like, the hell does that mean?! His idea of beauty is that for you to survive in this world, you have to be born beautiful. If you are not born with such a face and body, you are ugly in his eyes -- ugly in society's’ eyes.” Yitao then started to tighten his hands. “I hate that idea. No one is perfect in this world. There are flaws in people. And the way he models…I wouldn’t even be surprised if he ends up in a gentleman’s magazine...you know, a magazine that showcases women in suggestive clothing and poses.”

Gina placed her hand on top of Yitao’s. “Your knuckles are gunna turn white,” she patted them, “relax, Yitao.”

He slowly exhaled. “I’m sorry. I’m just so...angry.”

“Hm, you are easily angered huh?” She chuckled.

“Got it from a certain elitist.”

Gina nodded. “I see...so the past Baekyeol is the one that you missed the most, huh?” Yitao didn’t answer, but for Gina, she knew that it was right. “People change.”

“I...I know that.”

“Sometimes they change...and sometimes people don’t. Baekyeol did change, but you can always try and change them back. Like showing him the old times.”

Yitao scoffed. “That is a great idea, but I don’t think it can actually work. Once people change...their old habits and personality dies, and a new one is born. Baekyeol was ‘blessed’,” he air quoted, “to be given the personality of a .”

“That isn’t nice, speaking ill of someone like that.”

“Hm, it’s the truth. Can’t beat the truth.” Yitao shrugged. “It is already late for Baekyeol to change back into a nice person...once you are a , you are a for life.”

Gina started to feel a bit uncomfortable, but she knew that it was a bit of a phase for Yitao. Instead of furthering the topic, she decided to strike up a different conversation until either one of their planes comes by.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Junhong rubbed his eyes, as he felt his phone vibrating underneath his pillow. He squinted as he saw the name on the screen of his cellphone. ‘Huh?,’ he blinked, ‘Yitao?’ With a swipe of his cellphone, he answered.

“Yitao?”

“Junhong, good that you are still awake.”

“Whats wrong? Why --”

“Can you pick me up from the airport?”

“Airport? What? In Korea?”

“Just come and get me please. I’ll explain once he get me, promise! The international one, alright.” Without even letting Junhong speak, Yitao hanged up. The confused adult got up from his bed, and grabbed his keys. He was about to get his twin, but decided to let him sleep. ‘He worked all day anyway, I should let him sleep.’

He got out of his room, and started to make his way down the steps of his and his twin’s apartment. Junhong stepped out and quickly went to his car. ‘What the the hell is Yitao doing here in Korea?’ He thought to himself, as he started to drive off.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao hummed, as he was looking out for his friend’s car. As he waited, he started to debate if he should call his mother that he is home, or not. ‘Mom would surely tell dad...and dad will just explode,’ he started to rub his stomach, feeling a bit queasy. Worry started to flood his mind; his parents asked him to do one thing, and it was just to watch over Baekyeol. But they don’t know how difficult it is to watch over an adult that acts like an immature child. ‘It is just going to stress me out for sure. Okay, Yitao, you are doing the right thing...the right thing!’

Words of his father telling him to be an adult about it rang in his mind, constantly telling him to be more of an adult about it, and stop acting like a child. ‘I’m not even acting like a child. I am acting...a-acting how I feel about all of this.’

He checked his cell phone, seeing again that he got text messages and new, missed calls, majority from Ichirou asking where he was, telling him to come back, and even saying that Baekyeol was being an irritation. Yitao tried his best not to respond back. None of this, is his problem now. He inhaled deeply, and exhaled out.

Another 15 minutes passed, and soon, Yitao spotted his friend’s car coming his way. Yitao waved, and Junhong started to pull up to the loading area. The young Panda quickly put in his things in the back of Junhong’s car, yet hesitated in getting in. He knew that Junhong was going to ask about this.

“Okay, so, yeah...explain,” Junhong said, as he started to pull back into the main lanes, “because I am very confused right now.”

Yitao nodded. “I know.”

“So, explain right now.”

The young Panda sighed, letting his head rest against the headrest of Junhong’s car. “I quit.”

“Wait, what?” Junhong glanced over at his friend, shocked at what he just heard, “hold up, you quit?”

“Yup.”

“‘Yup’? How can you even say that so casually?! You just up and left France? What did your boss say? And Baekyeol? Why isn’t he with you?!”

“I left them, and I did leave a note to my Boss.” Yitao rolled his eyes, “And now I am here.”

“How can you even leave him? Baekyeol I mean? Dude, what are your parents gunna say?”

“I’m not gunna tell them.”

Junhong raised his eyebrow, a bit confused. “Wait, so -- okay, if you aren’t gunna tell them, then --”

“Is it possible to stay with you and Hyunsoo?”

“Wha --”

“Just so I can figure things out. Besides, I know my parents, especially my dad, is going to rage. I know he is going to say I’m being immature about it all. I know jobs are meant to be difficult. That is the challenge of it. Nothing in this world is easy, you have to work for it, but really...really, when it started to make you feel miserable, and causing problems to your own health and sanity, I think that is the world telling you that you should stop,” Yitao turned to face his friend, “please, Junhong, can I just...just stay with you guys. Plus, I want to finish school. I barely got things done, and now I’m really going to fall back in graduating.”

Junhong tighten his lips, before he answered. With a sigh, he nodded. “Fine.”

“Thanks dude.”

 --- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

2 months passed, and it was already December. Yitao looked out his window, looking over the cars on the main street. He was still being housed by his two best friends, and each and everyday he was thankful. To pay back, he got himself a small job, a bit out of the city of Seoul, as a waiter in a local restaurant. Thankfully, the small area didn’t know much about Yitao - that he is the son of a famous fashion designer. They all assumed that he looked like him.

He returned back to school, without even his parents knowing. Yitao made sure that his parents wouldn't know, asking the dean to not mention it to his parents. When the dean questioned, he didn’t want to further explain his reason. The dean respected his decision, and let him continue with his schooling. He also made sure that his cousin and himself wouldn’t cross paths in the university. Thankfully, they haven’t. Yitao knew that his cousin would try and convince him to come home, or worse, tell his parents, who will, of course, tell Yitao’s parents. He wasn’t ready yet.

The young Panda glanced down at his brand new phone that he got for himself. Hyunsoo thought it was an idiotic idea for him to buy himself a new phone instead of just changing the number, but Yitao replied that he didn’t want to be remind about the past.

He picked it up, swiping it over to unlock it. He pressed the contact app, and quickly, it showed that he only, of course, had two contacts - Junhong and Hyungsoo. He bit his lip, as he started to debate on if he should call his mother or not. Not a day goes by that he wanted to talk to him, tell him that he is home.

‘But I can’t,’ he placed his cellphone on the table, ‘not yet.’

A knock was made, and Yitao swung around in his chair; Junhong opened his door and peeked inside. “Yitao, Hyunsoo is at the store, anything you want?”

“Uh, no. I’m good.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, pos -- wait, can you tell Hyunsoo to get me some red hair dye.”

“Wha? Red hair dye?” Junhong raised his eyebrow, “what do you need that for?”

“What do you think?” Yitao brushed his hair back, “gunna color my hair.”

“Uh, sure, um, Hyunsoo, Yitao said to get him some red hair dye.”

“Hair dye? Um, okay.”

As Junhong hanged up, and crossed his arms. “You are going to dye your hair? Why? Actually, what brings that all up?”

“You know...a change.”

“A change? Then get a hair cut.”

Yitao bit the inside of his cheek. “My hair has been black for so long, I think red will suit me, yeah?”

Junhong sighed. “Well, yeah, sure. But red of all colors?”

He nodded. ‘At least I know someone will like it.’ Yitao swung back to his desk to work on his studies.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Since it is December already guys,” Henri said, speaking to his models and assistants, we are going to be very busy with all the endorsements, photoshoots, and meet ups that we are going to be having. This whole month, up until January the 10th.” Henri double checked his book, and nodded, confirming that they will be busy each and everyday.

Both Ichirou and Eden were the most least excited, considering that they would have to be working with Baekyeol everyday. The Beauty, unknown to Henri or the rest of the assistants, have been bullying the two and even the other models in the most slyest ways. Most of his bullyings were just words; he knew that words hurt the most, not so much of action.

Even some of the models reported to Henri about it, but disregarded it, saying that Baekyeol could do no wrong. The models even went to Ichirou and Eden, telling them about it, but all the two models could do was tell them to ignore and keep moving forward. Ichirou would constantly say to them to bear a tough skin.

“So, today is the first, there is nothing for today, but tomorrow,” he looked up at his precious Roses, “you three will be endorsing Saint-Honoré --”

“What is that again?” Baekyeol asked loudly, as he rubbed his forehead with his index and thumb.

“It is the fresh milk soap, Baekyeol,” Ichirou said, stressing out his name, “We endorsed them already -- we are the only models that endorses the product, Baekyeol!”

“Thats right, and they have three new scents, strawberry, melon, and banana. Baekyeol will have strawberry, Ichirou the melon, and Eden the banana scent,” Henri turned the page in his book, “it will be good as holiday gifts.”

Henri continued saying what the week consist, while Baekyeol tuned him out. He knew that he would do well in the endorsement. He glanced over at Ichirou and Eden, scoffing at them. Baekyeol started to wonder if he could get them laid off. ‘They aren’t any good anyway, so why should they be allowed to continue to work?’ He thought, letting his fingers brush against his lips.

“And that is all I have for today, so go home and relax, and Baekyeol, Ichirou, and Eden, please be here at 7:30am. It is a quite a long drive.”

“Well, if that is it,” Baekyeol stood up, stretching his arms and legs, “I’m heading home.”

“Good, good, so you can rest.”

“Obviously.”

“Hm, Yves, take Baekyeol back to his suite,” Henri looked over at Ichirou and Eden, “I need to talk to you two first.”

Nervous expressions bore on their faces, unsure what was going to happen. As for Baekyeol, he hoped that it was a lay off. ‘More spotlight for me.’ “Well, I’m gunna go.”

Yves stood up, and grabbed his coat, as well as Baekyeol’s bag. “We will leave first.” With that, the two left the office, and descended the steps. As they exited the LBR building, a car was already waiting for the both of them. Yves opened the door for the Beauty, “Is there anything that you would want before heading back to the suite?”

“No, I just want to rest.” He waved Yves off.

The current agent nodded, and proceeded to enter in the car. “Why not just stop by and get something to eat. I know a great pastry shop --”

“Too fattening.”

“Once an awhile, models can have a cheat day, ya know.”

“I don’t need any of that. Besides, people who eat even the tiniest slice of cake will certainly get fat, and I certainly don’t want to be fat.”

“Hm, I see.”

Baekyeol rolled his eyes; he looked out the window and started to wonder. “Hey, Yves.”

“Yes?”

“What do you think of Ichirou and Eden?”

“Hm?” Yves glanced over at Baekyeol, pushing up his glasses, “what do you mean? I think they are great models.”

“Really? Really...you sure?”

“Of course. I mean, they are good --”

“But not great,” The Beauty stared right at Yves, dead in the eye, “right?” Unsure what to respond, Baekyeol continued, “Look, I am the one that is bringing in all the cash...Madrid, London, Amsterdam ,Berlin, everywhere in Europe, I am in every billboard, in every front page of magazines, and the most talked about model all over. I hear nothing of Ichirou and Eden, just barely, so why am I still grouped with them.”

“You don’t want to be part of the group anymore? Everyone, since the beginning, have seen you in a group...always. Even before my brother’s fashion line came up, weren’t you part of the Dragon’s Birds? That...Kris designer, right?”

Just hearing the name “Dragon’s Birds”, his expression didn’t change. He felt nothing. He was unsure how they were doing. How was Joonxing doing? What about his uncle? Baekyeol put that all aside and focused on his current fashion house. Afterall, he now saw his uncle’s fashion house as a rival. Baekyeol had to make sure that the clothes that he models goes well. If he does well, that would mean more people will focus on them, and buy their clothes.

“That was in the past,” Baekyeol waved off, “besides, shouldn’t all major fashion houses have one face.”

“And you want to be the face?”

He narrowed his eyes. “Of course, who else?”

“Hm,” Yves nodded, “I talk to my brother about this.”

“Well, you are my agent, you have to make it happen,” Baekyeol pushed his index finger against Yves chest, “I don’t want to be sharing the spotlight with Ichirou or Eden, or any model that proclaims that they are good. I am the best. Best in the whole world.”

‘My, oh, my,’ Yves chuckled, ‘this model is very persistent.’ “Don’t worry,” he started to wrap an arm over Baekyeol’s shoulder, patting it, “I’ll try and persuade my brother about it.”

It caught the Beauty by surprise, causing him to swat the hand away. “I would love that...so make it happen.”

 --- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao shook his head as he grabbed the hair dryer to dry his hair. He looked at himself in the mirror as he dried it.

Hyunsoo walked by, and started to back track. “Whoa, Yitao, your hair looks awesome,” he smiled, “the color suits you so well.”

The young Panda smiled; he spent most of the afternoon coloring his hair. Now it was a carmine color on the top while underneath was a darker color of red. Once he was done, he went out to get his haircut; he got the back side of his head shaven while still having his hair cover the shaven part.

“Thanks,” he said, placing the dryer done, “I feel...a bit better.”

“Oh?” Hyungsoo crossed his arms, “well, thats good that you are better, but you said ‘a bit’. Seriously, Yitao, you should go home. Maybe the reason why you aren’t feeling well is because you miss your mom, dad, and everyone,” before Yitao could respond, Hyunsoo continued, “and what about Baekyeol? Is he well --”

“For him, I could care less,” he gestured Hyunsoo to move back a bit to the hallway, “I don’t like him. I could careless what happens to him --”

“Yitao, don’t say that,” he shook his head, “okay, sure Baekyeol has been a pain in the rear, but not caring for him...I’m sure you still care for Baekyeol.”

“Hm,” Yitao let out a soft chuckle, “I used to. Way back then when we were kids,” he shook his head, “not anymore.”

“Did you...ever have, you know, feelings for Baekyeol?” Instead of answering, Yitao walked passed him, to his room. It left Hyunsoo without an answer.

 --- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Jin-Jin,” Sehun sang as he picked up the child, doing the airplane, “Jin-Jin, who is a happy boy? You are!”

Jin giggled, causing Sehun to laugh as well. Despite him laughing, he could feel as if someone was burning holes in his back.

Sehun was right, Kris was hiding behind the corner, glaring at the gardener. If he was strong enough, he could have definitely dented the wall.

“What are you doing?” Kris jumped in place, and quickly turned around to see Xiumin in front of him, holding a tray of pastries, “whoa there, what is wrong Boss?”

“Uh, just watching from afar.” He gestured behind him.

Xiumin gave an irritated sigh, he narrowed his eyes at the other. “From a far -- oh my god, why don’t you just go in there. Sehun is in there, so there won’t be any problems of Jin crying. His attention is all on Sehun right now,” he gestured towards the living room, “lets go.”

“Maybe how about we --”

“Go.”

“Y-Yes sir…”

Xiumin walked in first, with Kris following behind him. Sehun looked over and smiled. “Hey guys,” he placed Jin on his lap, who started to wiggle in place disregarding the fact that his father was in the same room as him, “oh! Pastries!!”

“Yeah, Chen went out and got some, here,” Xiumin placed them on the table, “eat up.”

“Yay!” Sehun handed Xiumin Jin, but instead of taking him, he gestured towards Kris.

“Hand him to his father.”

“Oh? Well, here, Boss,” Sehun smiled, handing Jin over to Kris, “I wanna eat the pastries.”

“U-um,” Kris shifted in the seat that he was currently sitting on, “you sure? Giving me, Jin?”

“Uh, of course? He is your son after all…” Sehun stood up from where he sat, and approached the other, “here, hug your son.” As he turned Jin over, now letting him face fully on his father, Jin widen his eyes.

“He looks scared right now.”

“He will be fine,” Xiumin assured him, “just hold him, like how you did with Yitao when he was a child.”

Kris nodded, and slowly and gently took his son from Sehun’s hands. ‘So far so good.’ Once he fully got Jin in his own hands, Jin did nothing, but keep his eyes widen, staring right at Kris. He quickly looked around, trying to find Sehun or Xiumin, people that he knew really well. To him, this new person holding him was scary in his eyes.

“He isn’t crying so thats good,” Xiumin said, “right?”

“Y-yeah.” Kris said, trying to relax, but with him holding his son - finally holding his son - he just couldn’t believe it. Everyday he wished for something like this to happen. As he let Jin sit on his lap, facing Sehun and Xiumin, his heart started to race, and his hands started to sweat a bit. ‘How is it that with Yitao, I was fine, but with you,’ he glanced down at his youngest, ‘it is so hard.' he let out a soft chuckle, ‘but now I’m holding you, so that is a good sign?’

Jin looked up, causing his father to be slightly startled at the action. Within a second, Jin started to have tears b in the corner of his eyes. Kris then became alert, holding his breath. The corner of Jin’s lips quivered, and drops of his tears started to fall from his eyes. Jin sniffed, and before Kris knew it, Jin silently started to cry.

Kris took notice and quickly stood up, “he is crying now!”

“Huh?” Sehun looked up a half eaten eclair hanging from his mouth, “he is crying?”

“Just remain calm, and pat his back -- hug him.” Xiumin instructed.

Kris did just that, bouncing up and down as he walked around the living room. Sehun tried his best not to laugh at how Kris was walking as he tried bounce and walk; taking long steps as he was bouncing down. He continued to eat the sweets, watching Kris trying to calm his youngest.

Jin continued to weep silently; letting his head rest on Kris’ shoulder.

Tao walked passed the living room, seeing Xiumin and Sehun eating, while Kris was keeping Jin at a calm level. ‘Kris sure does have a weird walk,’ he tilted his head, ‘in calming Jin...’ Tao chuckled, ‘what a weirdo.’ He started to head up stairs with bags of new clothes and gifts for everyone, ‘gotta hide these quick.’ He made it to his and Kris’ room, and started to hide them in the closet that Kris rarely goes in now. “There.” With a nod, Tao closed the door behind him.

He changed out of his clothes, into something more comfortable. He snuggled in his white sweater and jogging sweats, and put on his fluffy panda slippers. ‘Hm, I wonder how Yitao is doing...I haven't even contacted him in such a long time...’ Tao started to take off his watch, ‘he must be busy though...I don’t want to bother him,’ he sighed.

He went over to his night stand to put the watch on top, when he noticed a cream colored envelope on the floor. ‘Gosh Kris, seriously, clean up your space,’ he looked over at Kris’ desk seeing piles of papers on top of one another. Tao never went over to Kris’ desk, unless he need a pen or a piece of paper. And never he would look over his things. He trusted Kris, one hundred percent, and if it was something important, he believed that Kris would let him know. ‘Hm, and Kris told me not to come over to his desk...but he never told me that before...just fairly recently...’ Tao tapped his finger on his cheek.

However, the Panda just couldn’t get over the mountain pile of papers on his desk.

Curiosity got the best of him, and he slowly started to approach the desk. He looked over at the closed door, wondering if it would be a good idea. ‘Kris can come up any minute...hm, it will be quick.’ He let his finger flick the paper to the side, causing him to see one of the many papers, but having many red marks all over them. Tao furrowed his brow, and leaned in close.

‘Reports from the fashion house...Hayi must have sent them...when?’ Tao grabbed it, and fully inspected it, ‘2 weeks...wha...K-Kris’ fashion house --’ Tao grabbed another paper, which was the same, but a month ago, showing the ratings were descending rapidly, and consumer reports of the line we're going down, not much income in coming in. The Panda widen his eyes, grabbing another paper, after paper, showing red marks in each one. ‘K-Kris is in the red zone...his fashion house is going -- no, it is falling!’

He heard footsteps coming up, and before Tao could put the papers back on the desk, the door opened, revealing Kris.

The Dragon looked up, but shocked that looked through his papers. “Tao --”

“You,” he showed him the papers that were in his hands, “when were you going to tell me about this? Huh?!” Tao was furious, “Kris what the hell! What is this?! Is this true?! Is your fashion house going down?!”

“U-Um --”

“Well?! Kris, say something! This is serious!!”

“T-Tao --”

“Well?!”

Kris swallowed a lump that was in his throat. He let out a shaky exhale. “M-My fashion house isn’t doing so well...we aren’t getting any money, not as much as before...no one is buying. My fashion house is slowly going down...I-I'm going to be ruined.”

---- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

comment if you like, and as always, if there are mistakes, my bad.

NOTE(S):

* Reasons why I don't update as much (シ_ _)シ [x]
1) name of tv station for the interview is: Fraise-Coco, which the full name is: Tartelette Fraise-Coco, a french pastry. [
x]

2) Saint-Honoré: a pastry in real life, but used as a company name for milk soap.

3) YT's hair cut; something like this: