ch11

Model Complexity

Happy (super late...) New Year~ (: may all you have a wonderful and healthy new year!!

just before we get started. i received a comment saying that models aren’t under a fashion house (like how i made my fic here) and are actually in different modeling agencies and model for multiple fashion houses.

i know, and i get that.

but i made it this way because i wanted it to be. it was my creative choice to have models model for a certain fashion house.

sorry if anyone believed that this is what models do (in my fic i mean)

i also put it in the ending notes of the ch1 as well about this, just in case.

now that we are all clear, yeah? hope so...lets move on.

or if you are not liking that idea 11 chapters in, then i dunno what else to say...here is a gif of Mama Tao and have a wonderful day :D

***and i just came back from work and it’s 7:32pm right now. so...yeah i'm exhausted.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Joonxing picked up baby Jin, placing him on his lap, smiling brightly at him. In return, Jin did the same, even laughing along as well. Despite being at home, while his uncle and cousin were in Venice to attend the event, he didn't mind. It just meant that he would be able to spend it with Xiuchen...and his family as well.

The majority of the adults were in the kitchen talking, while Joonxing took Jin to the living room. It was a quiet and normal thursday night for everyone.

"Joonxing, here is your cup of warm, honey, milk…and warm milk for the baby!" Xuchen sang, as he brought the tray over, placing it on the coffee table.

"T-Thank you."

Xiuchen smiled, and placed his cup on a coaster. "Drink it while it is still warm. I made it with love!" He opened his hands, clapping them to get baby Jin's attention. It did, and Jin started to lean over towards Xiuchen. "Ah, baby, baby! You are getting so big! Already walking and speaking some words already!"

“Un.” Baby Jin patted Xiuchen on the cheek before pinching it tightly.

The other picked up his cup, and started to sip. The honey was sweet as it hit his palette; he started to hum in happiness.

"Is it good?"

"Hm-hm. Yep. It's perfect."

"Good." Xiuchen smiled; he started to give little eskimo kisses towards baby Jin, causing him to giggle and smile. "This baby is so cute!!”  He then turned his attention over to Joonxing. "You think that Yitao won the award?"

"I hope so…it is impressive for someone 'new' to be nominated for a new model award." He sighed. "I'm actually glad that Yitao is back home."

"Oh?"

"Hm," he nodded his head, "just…that at work…none of the other models respect me so…it is nice to have Yitao back home...at least I have someone to talk to. And you remember that one model…he didn't think --"

"I remember him well, and what he said is absolutely false. You are a great model. You just have your own way of modeling. Everyone is different." Xiuchen pointed out.

"Hm…with Yitao around…I just feel a bit better…"

"I realized…you rely on Yitao too much."

"W-What?"

"You rely on him too much." Xiuchen placed his hand on the back of Jin's head, laying him gently on his shoulder. "Maybe that is why everyone is saying that you aren't good. That you need Yitao to be that shoulder to lean on, or defend you if someone says something bad. Instead of feeling bad and sorry for yourself, I would prove the others wrong. Sure Yitao can be there along beside you, but you also have to step up for yourself. How else is everyone going to see you…"

"I have been doing things for myself when Yitao was away --"

"Then...well, you know this already, but confidence is the key then…confidence." He turned his attention over once more, "showing confidence will…well, you will feel better inside."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was saturday and both Kris and Yitao were making their way home. The young Panda stared out his window, a bit disappointed about what happened in Venice. Not because he didn't win, but more on how Baekyeol rejected his gift from his parents. It angered Yitao. He still couldn't believe that someone will just disregard a gift from their parents.

He placed his hand in his pocket, feeling the bracelet against his fingertips. 'How am I gunna tell auntie and uncle…' "It is going to devastate them…" he mumbled to himself.

"What was that?" Kris asked, looking over at his son.

"Um," he choked up a bit, "n-nothing. I was thinking out loud to myself."

"Oh, okay. Anyway, when he get home, I'm actually gunna send you and Joonxing to the office to do some photoshoots for the new suit collection alright? Because I have to work on designing more, and with the other awards coming up, like right around the corner, I have a lot of my plate."

"Alright." Yitao rubbed his eye.

"I know you are tired, but please hang in there, okay?"

"Hm."

The taxi pulled up their mansion, and both proceeded to exit out. Once Kris paid the fee, they started to head up to door of their mansion. Before Yitao could even place his house key in, the door opened.

"Ah, welcome home!" Yitao's other auntie, Luhan, beamed as he moved to the side, "come in, come in. Just in time for breakfast too."

"Where are you heading off?" Kris asked, placing his luggage inside.

"Me and Sehun are gunna run some errands, but everyone is here."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

"Okay, I'm ready -- oh, Boss, Yitao, welcome home." Sehun nodded his head towards the two.

"Thanks."

"Luhan and I will be back."

"Drive safe, the road is a bit wet."

"We will." With that, Luhan and Sehun took their leave.

"Just leave them there, I'll take care of it. Eat first then head over to the office, okay?"

"Alright." Yitao brushed his hair back.

As the two started to head in the kitchen, Yitao was just hoping that Baekhyun and Chanyeol weren't here. But his luck wasn’t on his side today.

"Oh, Yitao," Baekhyun hopped off from the chair and made his way over to the other. He hugged him tightly. "Glad you two are back." His eyes shined brightly, but Yitao knew what he was about to ask. "Did Baekyeol like our gift?"

'Why did you have to ask about that…' "Um, he --"

"Did he?"

Yitao placed his hand in his pocket, feeling the bracelet once again against his fingertips. He wanted to show them the bracelet. He wanted to show how ungrateful their son was becoming.

But.

He just couldn't do it.

He couldn't show them, and seeing the reaction that they were going to give. The droplets falling from their eyes. That dejected expression.

He didn't want to see any of that.

"He…liked it."

Baekhyun smiled. "He did?"

Yitao hesitated for a minute, but nodded his head. "He loved it…he…he wanted me to tell you and uncle that he loves you guys a lot…that he is sorry that he couldn't call or send any letters because he is busy."

"Good," Baekhyun smiled brightly, "I'm so relieved. Thank you Yitao for doing this."

"Anything for you auntie." Yitao started to feel a queasy feeling in his stomach. Whether because he lied to his aunt and uncle, or the fact that he just saved Baekyeol on the spot.

"Come sit," Tao said, gesturing for them to come over to the table, "Xiumin made a great breakfast."

Yitao step forward, yet Kris tugged on his shoulder. He turned around, now facing his father. "What was that about?" Kris whispered.

"Please go with it," he replied, "I just couldn't…I couldn't tell them about what happened." Yitao turned around and headed over to the table, ready to eat breakfast.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol placed his award on his bedside table, feeling proud for winning the new model award.

"What an ungrateful child you are."

A discomfort feeling made his way to his face. That meeting with Yitao, after all these months, and it ended being sour was just like all the previous times when Yitao was in France.

He sat on his bed, biting his perfectly, manicured nails. Being called 'ungrateful' isn't a term that many people would like to be called. His parents are his parents, and would love him unconditionally. Being a now 21 year old, to Baekyeol, he thought that his parents should understand that childish gifts like a bracelet shouldn’t be given. ‘Why should I even call...I’m fine...I’m not a child...’

A knock was made, and Baekyeol looked up at his door. With a sigh, he stood up and made his way over. He opened the door, not bothering to check through the eye hole, knowing well enough who came over.

Yves stood in front of him with a smile on his face. “Happy early morning!”

“What?”

“Well, your birthday --”

“How did you know?”

“Even though you didn’t tell me, I checked your records. January 21. Why didn’t you say anything to me?”

“Because I felt that I didn’t have to?" Baekyeol leaned against his door, “why are you here? We just got back from Venice...and it is,” he checked his watch, “almost 9 in the morning…”

“Oh,” he brought the bag in front that he was hiding behind him, and opening it for the other to see. It was a bottle of red wine, and a small box that said: Perfect Cakes written in perfect cursive, “I brought over a birthday cake. Thought we can celebrate.”

Baekyeol scratched his head, a bit tired and irritated, but he moved to the side, letting the other in. He wanted some of that wine anyway.

“I don’t have a gift, but I can take you out.” Yves said, “I know my brother has some things to take care of before heading over to the next award event.”

“Where is the next award event being held?”

“We will be heading to Glasgow --”

“Where the hell is that?” Baekyeol closed the door.

Yves placed the back on the table, “it’s in Scotland. The Ethereal Couture Rewards one is going to be next.” He brought out the wine and placed it on the table, along with the cake. “Try this cake...it is absolutely, delicious. I personally asked them to make one before they opened to the public.” As he opened the box, he took out a small, round, pale pink cake with heart, pink candies on the side, and a rose shaped icing on top.

Baekyeol eyed the cake; he took a seat on the table, inspecting it. It did look pretty. And Yves did get it for him for his birthday. “Thanks…” He said softly.

“Sure, it is no problem.” He took out two plastic forks, and a plastic knife. “When we were in Venice, did, erm, what was his name again...Yitao, right...did he say happy birthday to you?” It took awhile before the other responded. He slowly shook his head, even though Yitao did say happy birthday, but it wasn’t as genuine as it should be. Seeing Baekyeol with a slight dejected expression, Yves started to feel bad. What kind of friend wouldn’t say ‘happy birthday’ to someone that they’ve known for years.

To him, Yitao is a bit inconsiderate.

“He didn’t say it in the most nicest of ways…”

‘Scratch that,’ Yves thought, ‘Yitao is discourteous.’ “Never Mind him,” he took out the wine, “lets just enjoy your birthday cake.”

Baekyeol looked up from the cake. He gave a soft smile, which made Yves’ heart beat.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Joonxing buckled his seatbelt once he entered his cousin’s car. They started to head over to Kris’ office, ready to take some photoshoots for the next magazine. As they were started to drive, Joonxing brought up the question that Yitao wasn’t so much excited to talk about.

“Did Baekyeol like the gift?”

No response.

“Yitao, did you hear me?”

“I heard you.”

“Well?”

Yitao sighed; as the car stopped at the stop light, he leaned over to his side, reaching in his pocket. He pulled out the bracelet, and tossed it over to Joonxing. The other caught it, a bit confused.

“Is this...Baekyeol’s gift?”

“He didn’t want it. Said it was too childish to be receiving gifts from his parents.” He pressed on the gas pedal.

“No way.” Joonxing glanced at the bracelet, “but...he always adored little bears, especially when we were kids.” A sudden expression laid on his face.

“Well...yep. No comment.” Yitao turned right. “Interesting isn’t it?”

Joonxing lowered his head, feeling bad for Baekhyun and Chanyeol. “Why do you still have this? Why didn’t you return it?”

Yitao shook his head. “I couldn’t tell them. You know it would break their heart...they believe that he is still a good son. And seeing auntie Baekhyun’s face, all crying like that...I dunno if I would like to see that...I'm not even sure if I can handle it.”

The young Panda continued to drive, with Joonxing not saying anything anymore. When Yitao was not paying attention towards him, he placed the bracelet in one of the compartments in the car. “Just don’t throw it away.”

It was another 15 minute drive over, and soon they were eventually at Kris’ fashion house. Once Yitao parked, the two started making their way inside, being greeted by the employees.

“Oh, good,” Yitao looked over, seeing Hayi making her way over, “right on time, Yitao, Joonxing. The photographer isn’t here yet, so just make your way up, and get ready, okay?”

“Alright, thanks Hayi.”

Yitao and Joonxing quickly made their way to the elevator, and Joonxing pressed the button for the 7th floor.

“What is the photoshoot for again?”

“Suits.”

“Oh, okay. Just me and you?”

“Yep,” he placed his arm around the other, “just like the good old days.”

Joonxing smiled; it was really just like the good old days. “Yeah, I like those days,” he said softly, “we are just missing one person though.” The elevator door dinged, and opened. They were greeted by one of the head make up artists in the fashion house.

“Great, you two are here,” one of the make up artists gestured for them to hurry up, “I’m guessing your father already told you about today’s schedule.”

“Yep,” Yitao nodded, “he told me that we are just modeling suits, like the brand new designed ones.”

“Correct. Now, I’m gunna need you two in makeup and Hyunsook will take care of you, and Yongae will take care of you Joonxing.” Before the Angel nodded, the make up artist tilted his head to the side, squinting his eyes a bit. Of course, Yitao took notice and asked what was the problem. “Hm, well...it’s just that your dark blue tint in your hair is almost gone...I was just thinking, do you want a hair change.”

“Hair change?”

“Hm,” he nodded, “like a different hairstyle, like Yitao’s. Would you like that?”

Yitao nudged his cousin’s shoulder, nodding his head.

“U-Um, sure. Why not.”

“Alright, cool, then I’ll let Sokju know about it.” The make up artist led the two to the make up stations told them to sit down. They waited for a bit, until Hyunsook came in, followed by Yongae.

“Hello!” Hyunsook said, placing her backpack down beside her station, “we will get started now.”

As the make up artists started to do their make up, Hyunsook turned Yitao’s chair over, so that he would be facing Joonxing. “You know, a haircut would be nice.”

“You think? Like what?”

“Hm, grey?”

“What? Why grey?! I’m gunna look old.”

“Please, I’m sure you can rock it…like a light grey, and underneath black. How about that?”

“Maybe...I dunno if that will look good on me though.”

“If I said silver, would that make it better?” Yitao started to chuckle, when Joonxing bit his lips, trying hard not to smile. “I think it will look good on you. You know, you are being unsure with yourself...” With Joonxing not replying, Yitao continued, “there was this quote that I saw when I was in Venice. I was at a brand new cafe...very quaint, and, um...so I went...sat down, and on the table, like underneath the glass, had various quotes on them. I thought that it was cool. Anyway, there was one quote that I think you will like...it went ‘Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.’ I dunno who said it, since it said that the person was unknown. Reminds me of you right now. Just like the butterfly. You can’t see your wings, so you don’t know how great you are. Me...my dad...Xiuchen, your parents, everyone, see it. There are people out there that like to get underneath your skin for sure, so that is when you ignore it.”

“All done.” Hyunsook said, giving one last powder on Yitao’s cheek. “You are good to go Yitao. To change I mean.”

“Thank you Hyunsook,” he stood up, but not leaving just yet, “remember that, Joonxing. I’m sure Xiuchen already said this...you need more confidence in who you are. No more doubt. Don’t preoccupy yourself with what other people think because it is going to slow you down. You did well when I wasn’t here. Some people have their opinions, sometimes good, the other half is bad, but so what. Hear it once, and forget about it if you don’t agree with it.” With that, he excused himself.

Yongae continued with Joonxing’s make up, before she stopped, seeing a tear shed from the Angel’s eyes. “Oh!” She quickly grabbed a tissue, and started to gently dab the corners of Joonxing’s eyes.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was now 3 days before the next event, and Joonxing and Yitao were packing late for their trip to Glasgow. They were expected to leave at midnight, and it was already quarter ‘till 10 o’clock.

Xiuchen sat on Joonxing’s bed, watching the Angel pack his things. He admired the other’s new hair, liking the color on him. It was a light, grey on top, while the underside was an inky black. He told him time and time again that he looked so handsome, but Joonxing would just blush, and cover his face. The more Xiuchen smiled at his little, weird antics.

In the mean time, Yitao was doing the same, double checking the things that he needed. He was most certain that he had the things that he needed for the trip. Since he was finished, he tidied up a bit. “Hm, there ya go.” He placed his books up right.

“Do you still like Baekyeol?”

‘Hm?’

“What did you like about Baekyeol that made you fall for him?”

Yitao sighed, looking at his shelf, seeing the book that he kept. His face contorted a bit in remembering what his cousin was asking him. He sat on his bed, letting his arms rest on top of his legs. He hunched over, closing his eyes a bit.

He started to wonder. Will there a time that Baekyeol will realize what he was turning himself into? Maybe his old Baekyeol will return?

‘Probably not.’ He started to rub his eyes, trying to convince himself that Baekyeol already made is own path in life and it ended up being a path that wasn’t the best choice. As people say, if that is what they want, then let them be; it has nothing to do with you, and who are you to judge someone’s life style. It’s not your life, but their’s. If they fall, they fall. If they succeed, they will fly. He just thought that Baekyeol would actually be beside him, together, working in his father's fashion house. But now, they on opposite ends. Almost like rivals.

Yitao opened his eyes slowly. ‘I shouldn’t...judge...anymore...I shouldn’t care anymore...but I just wished --’

In the midst of his thinking, a loud banging came from his door, that immediately, caught his attention. He stood up, heading over to his door; as he opened it, there looking up at him was Jin in his bounce, stride, and ride elephant push and pull toy. Baby Jin blinked, and entered his brother’s room with no time to waste.

“Oy, who said you can come in my room?”

“Un...Yiyi.” Jin mumbled, walking in circles in his brother’s room, as if he was vacuuming the other’s floors. “Choom, choom…”

“Choom...hmpt, you know, you are starting to warm up to me,” Yitao sat down on the floor, almost eye level with the other, “you must realize now that I’m your big and awesome brother huh? Of course, I am the best ever.” He gave a smirk, in which Jin gave no expression whats so ever. Instead he continued to walk around in circles his brother’s room with his push and pull toy. Yitao watched, chuckling at how cute his little brother was, and how lucky he was that he had no responsibilities yet. That he had no clue what was going around him. He started to wish that he young again. Back when everything was simple and carefree.

“Yiyi…” Jin was now in front of the other, “Yiyi!!”

“Hu? It’s Yitao.”

“Yiyi.”

“Yee-te-ah-ow”

Jin fell backwards, landing on his bottom. “Yi...owie.”

“Oh? You okay?” Yitao reached out for Jin, and pulled him close to his lap. Jin sat on his lap, and grabbed his brother’s large, hands, playing with his fingers. “Jin, you are so young...don’t grow up too fast, okay.”

“Un. Okie.” He leaned back, resting his back against Yitao’s chest; he looked up at his older brother, giving a soft smile towards him. It warmed Yitao’s heart, and he returned the smile.

“Glad that you don’t cry in front of me...you are a good boy, huh?”

“Un.”

Yitao stood up with Jin in his arms. “Lets go and see if Joonxing is done with his packing. Hm?”

“Joo…”

“Joonxing.”

“Jooin.”

“Kinda...you are getting there. What is mama’s name?”

“Mommy!” He said cutely, even giggling in the process.

“My name?”

“Yiyi.”

“Ah, so close...it’s the same as mom’s name ya know. Mom's real name, not 'mommy'.” Jin hummed, resting his head on Yitao’s shoulder. It brought a smile on Yitao’s face, that he started to hug Jin even tighter. ‘I’m really glad that you are warming up to me...’

As they started to approach the other’s room, Yitao didn’t think twice, but opened the door. “Yo, Joonxing, are you done with pack -- oh, Xiuchen you are here too.”

Joonxing jumped in place, placing his hand over his heart. “God, Yitao...I-I’m almost done!”

Yitao eyed his cousin, seeing the mess in his room. Clothes on the floor, toiletries on his desk, and even shoes all over the place. He shook his head ”Wow...yeah...um…”

“I tried helping, but he said ‘no’!” Xiuchen huffed, as he sat down on Joonxing’s bed, crossing his leg over the other. “Are you finished?”

“Hm. I just got done.” He placed Jin on the floor, and he started to wobble over towards Xiuchen. “Everything is all packed and ready. You better hurry, Joonxing...we will be heading out soon.”

“I know, I’m just...trying to get my stuff together!” Joonxing started to whine, now rushing back and forth from his luggage and to his closet. Jin watched, and started to mimic the other’s whining noise.

Xiuchen chuckled, nuzzling his head against the other’s. “Jin is now acting like a sponge. He will repeat anything.” He smiled softly, “Baekyeol hasn’t heard him speak yet…”

“So?” Yitao crossed his arms together.

“Well, I’m sure Baekyeol would love to see how much he grown, don’t you think?”

“Hm, not really. I don’t want him corrupting my little brother.”

Xiuchen didn’t say anything, but gave a lowly nodded. It became quiet, until Joonxing started to start up a conversation once again. “S-So, it seems that Jin has taken a liking to everyone in the house now...so thats good, yeah?”

“A bit...time to time he would try to cry when dad is around,” Yitao nodded, “all because of dad’s intense gaze.”

“Your dad sure does have an intense gaze,” Xiuchen said, picking up Jin to place him on the bed. “Right Jin? But you like your papa anyway, huh?”

Jin stared at everyone, before blowing raspberries, causing everyone to laugh hard. It wasn’t until a knock was made and the door opened. It was the man of the hour, and Kris opened the door wider. “Glad that you are all here...we will be heading out soon. Half an hour from now. Just wanted to let you know.”

When Jin spotted his father, he narrowed his eyes towards him, and started to blow raspberries towards him, causing, once again, everyone, but Kris, to laugh hard.

“Eh? Y-Yitao! What are you teaching your brother?!”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol tossed his bag on the couch, and lazily sat on it. He was in LBR headquarters, waiting for Henri and Yves so they can all head over to the airport together. What he didn’t know was that Ichirou and Eden were descending from the stairs. Just the people that he didn’t want to communicate with.

He scoffed at them, crossing his leg over the other.

Ichirou narrowed his eyes at the Beauty, and made a beeline over towards him. “You.”

“Hm?”

“You! You think you are all that?!”

“Well...yeah I do --”

“Baekyeol, you are so full of it! How dare you get us fired!!”

“Fired? You guys are just demoted…” Baekyeol said, not phased at all. “Besides, it is all for the best anyway. There can only be one top model and its me!”

“Titles are useless, you stupid ! We were working for the same ing company! And you just want to be in the top,” Ichirou tighten his fists that were on his sides, “congratulations, you are working for the whole company all by yourself! No us, no other models, all you…”

“Of course I want to be on top,” Baekyeol squinted his eyes, as if it was the most stupidest question in the world to even ask, “everyone likes me...you guys are in the way. Everyone in his damn fashion house is in the way!”

“I want to ring your neck so much right now.” Ichirou was just about to, when Eden pulled him back, preventing him to do so. “We aren’t working because of you!”

“And that is my fault?”

“Well, obviously!!”

Baekyeol rolled his eyes. “Look, I have to get on a plane soon to head over to an event. An event only top models can attend to. So sad that you two couldn’t attend. Maybe work harder?”

“You --”

“Good luck, Baekyeol.” Eden said, trying to change the subject, “b-bring back the award.”

An irritated expression formed on his face. He stood up, and dusted off his shirt; he then approached the other, now in front of Eden. “I always bring back the award. You don’t have to tell me...worthless, piece of trash. Model my ...” He whispered softly before turning his heel, and heading up stairs to meet up with Henri and Yves.

“You are going to end up alone, you stupid !” Ichirou called out, “everyone that cared for you, won’t even come to your rescue! Why? Because everyone ing hates your stupid guts!! I so can't wait for the day you crumble! I'm going to love that scared face of yours!!”

Baekyeol rolled his eyes, “oh how sad.” With that, he flipped him the bird before turning left to head to Henri’s office.

Eden lowered his head, trying his best to be composed. ‘Worthless...piece of trash? B-but...’

“What did that bastard say to you?” Ichirou asked, in which Eden shook his head.

“It was n-nothing.”

“Well, no matter…” he grabbed Eden’s wrist, pulling him out of the building, “since we are not employees here, we better get the hell out.”

Eden nodded his head; he looked over his shoulder, frowning. ‘Baekyeol...’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao jumped on his bed, rolling back and forth before almost falling off the bed. Joonxing shook his head, placing his own bag at the foot of the bed.

“Get some rest guys, even though tomorrow isn’t actually the event, but still...rest up.” Kris said, as he started to take off his coat and entering his own room. Both Yitao and Joonxing were sharing a bed, while Kris had his own. Sadly, there was a mix up with the rooms, which ended up giving them two beds instead of three, but it wasn’t a big of a problem for them. After all it was big enough for the both of them.

Yitao sat up properly, looking around in the room, before getting up to head towards the window. “Wow, it’s so…”

“Hm? So what?” Joonxing asked, looking over his shoulder, as he took off his shoes.

“So…” he exhaled slowly, looking at the scenery in front of him. Their window was facing the hotel's gardens, and right in the middle was a beautiful foundtain, “calm.”

‘Calm…?’ “Erm, well, it is calm. A very beautiful country.” Joonxing nodded his head, despite not knowing what his cousin meant by his comment. ‘Does it have some sort of meaning behind it?’

“Hm, but god knows...something is bound to happen on his trip.” Yitao mumbled to himself, before leaving his and Joonxing’s shared room.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol stared outside his window, thinking about the event that was going to happen in a couple days. He was going to meet up again with Yitao. He clicked his tongue. ‘It’s gunna end up the same as before...’ He lowered his head, feeling his energy dying down a bit.

He turned his head, hearing Yves entering his room with a plastic bag of snacks in his hand.

“I got some snacks.”

“Thanks…”

“Hm? Whats wrong?”

Baekyeol crossed his leg over to the side. “It just reminded me that I’ll be seeing Yitao again.” He sighed out.

Just hearing the name made Yves’ eyes grow cold. He started to hate the name, even the mention of the name wanted punch the said person hard. Hearing it from it Baekyeol, Yitao has been nothing, but hurtful towards the Beauty. Baekyeol has been doing so good, and here is Yitao not even being supportive and always criticizing him for the things that he does. ‘Baekyeol deserves all the best and encouragement...’ “You still think about him?”

His head perked up, but slowly, his expression narrowed. “N-No way...I’m just stating a fact here...I am going to see him again…”

“Don’t let him bother you, okay?” He said, as he started approaching the Beauty. Now standing behind him, he tried to relax the other by massaging his shoulders. “In the mean time,” he leaned over, grabbing a small kit that he bought from the convenience store, “I saw this, and thought it would preoccupy your time...especially letting your mind be strayed away from that Yitao.” He showed Baekyeol, and immediately he was taken back.

“A...sewing kit? What am I? 6?”

“I thought it was cute...making a handkerchief...plus, it would occupy your mind...instead of that Yitao…” He said coldly. “Who knows, you might enjoy it.”

“Thanks...I guess...um, restroom, I'll be back.” Baekyeol stood up, heading to the bathroom to freshen up. Once he closed the door, he sighed. ‘Yves is getting fairly friendly with me...hm, not that I mind...’ he lowered his head, ‘it’s rather nice...unlike Yitao...’ He turned towards the mirror, glancing at himself. ‘My hair is longer...’

His short, wavy hair ended up going past his shoulders, looking more curly than wavy. His chestnut colored hair shined against the light, making it look beautiful. Everyday, he tried to make himself the perfect, looking model. Perfect as doll. Perfect as a rose.

‘I am the prettiest of them all.’

He smirked at his reflection.

‘I’ll bring all the awards, I’ll make Henri the best fashion designer in the world...and I’ll make Yitao think twice for speaking down on me!’

With a crack of his neck, he exited out of the bathroom. Yves was no where to be seen, assuming that he left to make an errand once more. Baekyeol didn’t mind, and headed back to the table that he was sitting at. Once he sat down, he glanced at the sewing kit that Yves bought for him.

‘The hell...’ He picked it up with a bit of disgust. It was sewing kit of all things on making a simple patched handkerchief. With nothing much to do, he opened it and started to read the instructions the best he can.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao blinked, and glanced at the window seeing the sun shine against the Scottish natives. It was a clear, but it didn’t mean that it was warm. It was cold, just like the day before. ‘Scotland’s weather is amazing...’

“Interesting,” Yitao looked over his shoulder, seeing Joonxing looking through the Scottish newspaper, “it is suppose to be raining today and be windy, but it is actually the opposite today. Hopefully, it will hold up ‘till tomorrow.” He smiled brightly at Yitao.

“Hm, since when can you understand English?”

“I studied it during my free time…”

“You’re smart...at certain things.”

“Wow,” he rolled up the newspaper and gently smacked Yitao on the head, “thanks for the nice compliment.”

He chuckled. “You’re welcome.”

“Tomorrow is the event, are you ready?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? Besides, it is just an award ceremony...nothing more.”

“Well, I meant, you are gunna see Baekyeol again. I’m sure you both didn’t end it well, on what you told me. Who knows, last time you met was a blessing that you and Baekyeol didn’t end up on the news...for you know, rough housing and such. This time, something might go down,” Joonxing placed the newspaper on the table beside the young Panda, “just promise me you won’t do anything that would cause your father’s fashion house to be an embarrassment. I’m sure your father wouldn’t be so pleased if you did something…”

“I assure you, I won’t do anything idiotic.”

“Hm.” Joonxing nodded. “Good to know.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was the night of the event, and Kris and the two started to get ready, with Yitao doing the same makeup style as he did in Venice. Joonxing finished with not much makeup, watched as his cousin did his finish touches. He was amazed at what makeup could do.

‘So...cool...’

Yitao noticed Joonxing was staring that he looked over. “Eh? What?”

“Erm, w-well, with your hair brushed back, and your eyes...you just look really cool.”

“Eh? Er, well thanks? You look good yourself.” Joonxing blushed, brushing his hair down, causing Yitao to chuckle a bit. “How adorable. Nervous now? It is true, you look good.” Yitao said, adjusting his tie.

A knock was made, and soon the two looked over, seeing Kris coming in, this time with his hair styled back just like his son’s. “Wah, you look so cool uncle!!” Joonxing turned to the mirror, brushing his hair back as well, “y-you think I should do the same? I-It looks so cool!”

“Your hair is fine the way it is. Don’t mind.” Yitao grabbed a hair brush and started to brush the other’s hair neatly just like before. “There is no need to copy. Now, go get your coat, we are leaving.”

“Hm.” Joonxing stood up and headed out to get his coat. Kris smiled, fixing his tie.

“Looks like Joonxing is trying to be more confident in himself...thats good.”

“He still needs to work around it, but he is, which is good.” Yitao said, reaching over to grab his mask, “better than not improving with it.”

“Hm, must’ve been what Xiuchen did,” Kris chuckled, “he is such a sweet kid...when you were gone, Xiuchen would always be there, right by Joonxing’s side.”

“They were meant to be huh? Makes it sound like it.”

“I wouldn’t doubt it.” Kris turned around, about to leave, when he looked over his shoulder, “and just to let you know...those two models you asked me to get…” Yitao’s eyes lit up, “I contacted Henri about it...and surprisingly he said yes, with no exchange of models from us.”

The young Panda turned around with coldness in his eyes, “Baekyeol wants to be holding the title all by himself.” ‘What a selfish brat.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The event was being held at a new location called The Kingly Theatre, one of the oldest theatre’s that was about an hour and a half away from where Kris and the two were staying at. As the three got out from the car, Yitao placed the mask on his face, again for tonight, he was Hong Long.

They entered the theatre, immediately being greeted by various media, and important people, such as fashion critics, reporters, and even fashion designers themselves. Kris turned towards the two, telling them that they are free to walk around until the event takes place. “Just don’t start anything up.”

“Hm.” Both Yitao and Joonxing nodded. With that, Kris waved and started to disappear in the crowd.

“Where do we go?” Joonxing asked, looking around, in which Yitao shrugged his shoulders.

“We can just walk around, and eat some of the snacks provided.”

The two started to walk, and eventually started to munch on the snacks that was neatly placed on the large, round tables. Joonxing glanced up at his cousin, seeing him scout the people that were passing by. ‘Are you looking for Baekyeol?’ His eyes started to show worry, ‘I haven’t seen Baekyeol in such a long time...what does he really look like now?’

“Joonxing.”

“Erm, yes?”

“Hm? I’ll be heading to the restroom really quick, so I’ll be back.”

The Angel nodded. “O-Okay.”

With that, Yitao left the other by himself. ‘Wow, why does it feel like I’m the outsider here...’ He glanced over to the side, seeing many models and important people talking among each other. And here he was. He was good enough to get by to get an award for his “achievements”. ‘I made it...just barely.’

“Excuse me.”

“A-Ah, sorry about,” he started to move to the side, “I’m r-really --” His eyes widen, “Baekyeol?”

“Hm?” The said person looked over his shoulder, his eyes also widening, “no way...J-Joonxing?”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao exited out of the restroom, and started to head back towards where he left Joonxing at. He started to go through the crowd, when he felt a grab of his shoulder. Thinking it was a mistake from someone, he looked over his shoulder, but instead, he felt his guard shot straight up.

‘Baekyeol’s agent?’

“Yitao, yeah?”

His eye twitched, “what is it to you…”

“A cold response, it has to be you,” Yves gave a bright smile, “walk with me.”

‘What does he want...’ “Tch,” Yitao grabbed his mask, and took it off, placing it in his suit pocket, “fine.”

Yves’ smile started to falter, “great.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---


“I didn’t expect you to be here…Joonxing.” Baekyeol leaned back at the railing, and crossed his arms together. The two headed up stairs, a bit away from the crowd. It was less noisy, and it gave the two the opportunity to talk and hear each other clearly.

The Angel chuckled, “I barely made it, but it is a nice honor,” Joonxing glanced at the other up and down, seeing the Beauty for what he is now. ‘H-He looks so much like a girl with that dress on...’ “Erm, how are...you?”

"Hm?” Baekyeol lazily rolled his head over to the other, “I’m peachy. In fact, I’m in top of the world...literally” He smiled, yet Joonxing felt a shiver down his spine. It was probably one of the coldest smiles that Baekyeol has even given him, despite the fact that he was smiling brightly at him.

‘I-Is this what Yitao meant...’ “U-Uh, Baekyeol, your hair has grown a lot...or is that just extensions?”

“It’s my real hair,” he flicked his hair to the side, letting it fall gently on his shoulders. “Henri didn’t want me to cut it, and I never wanted it to be cut either.”

“Oh, it looks nice.” Wanting to change the topic, Baekyeol asked about Xiuchen. “He is doing well,” Joonxing smiled on hearing the other’s name, “still as happy as ever.”

The Beauty wasn’t fazed; no excitement showed on his face. He nodded, feeling himself getting bored already with the conversation. However, he still continued with the conversation for the sake of catching up. "You still like him?"

"E-Eh"

“Ever since we were young, you two always looked good together. It was fate I see. Plus, he would always follow you around...”

“Fate…” 'Why is he even --'

“I’m jealous…”

‘H-Huh?’

"That you two always had each other, up until this time..." 'I wished...I had someone like that...'

“You sound like you long for something...like...l-like Yitao…”

It was silent for a bit, and Joonxing couldn’t think of anything else to say. He glanced at the other, now feeling his palms sweating. Speaking with the Baekyeol in front of him, was as if he was speaking with someone else. It wasn’t like the Baekyeol he remembered. His tone was dry. His smile was dry. His eyes, however, was determined, but the determination that Baekyeol was aiming for was something else entirely. Joonxing knew it. It was all about winning, and being in the top. Everyone else deemed inferior to him. ‘This...is what Yitao meant? For real? But this isn’t my Baekyeol from before...’

“Who are you?” Joonxing said out, not really thinking much about what he said. Baekyeol was taken back at the comment, unsure how to respond to the question.

“Eh?”

“U-Um, I mean…s-sor --”

“So, you think I’ve changed?” He scoffed, "just like Yitao."

“Well --”

“Everyone changes, Joonxing...I’ve become a better version of myself, ranking myself to the top. What I don’t understand is why Yitao can’t see that!” Baekyeol tighten his hands into fists, “being angry with me...with every chance he got.” Images from the past, when Yitao was still in France, at how angry Yitao was being towards the other. Nothing, but inconsiderate made Baekyeol’s blood boil. “It is you two who don’t understand why I changed!”

“B-Baekyeol, but...b-but don’t you see what you are doing? I finally understand what Yitao was trying to say...I just thought that he was slightly over exaggerating...and that he might have some sort of withdrawals or something --”

The Beauty scoffed. “Withdrawals? From what?”

“H-He misses you Baekyeol...a whole lot.”

Baekyeol ended up being taken back from what the other said. It wasn’t something that he was expecting from the other. ‘Misses --’

Joonxing reached out, and grabbed the Beauty’s hand. “He misses the old you...not this...n-not this Baekyeol. Are you blind in what you are becoming?! The way you are acting, the way you speak, the way your eyes’ shine isn’t bright! Even your smile lost its warmth! When all three of us were modeling together, you gave this genuine smile!”

“Hmpt,” With a rough tug, Baekyeol slapped Joonxing’s hand away, “get your filthy hand away from me. You are just jealous of what I’m becoming. That I'm making it to the top. What you are doing is a ploy or something! Just because you aren’t good as me isn’t my fault. Just because you can’t reach my level isn’t my fault. And the way I am...I’m not even sorry about it. You have to change in order to make it. If there is no change, then how do you expect yourself to be on the top?! It’s called improvement!!”

“Baekyeol, thats not improvement at all --”

He clicked his tongue, “you haven’t even changed at all. Relying on us.”

“U-Uh --”

“You aren’t even that good, Joonxing, so why are you even trying?!”

All the worries. All the times the other models put him down because he wasn’t the best; thinking that he was there just because he was the nephew of Kris, he had connections to be a model. He thought he would be able to get passed it. He thought he did. Yitao told him repeatedly to ignore what others thought of him. Xiuchen was always there to make him smile and feel warm again. Who would have thought that a simple sentence would make him crash down.

He tighten his hands, trying his best to remain his composure. He couldn’t let Baekyeol get away with it. “How could you say that?!”

“Because it is the truth? Don’t play dumb, Joonxing. It would be best to drop it now. Look, I even saved the embarrassment of LBR’s two other models. They weren’t even up to par. And I’m doing you an extraordinary favor!”

“You making it sound that to be a model...you have to fit a certain mold! Be some sort of elitist. That isn’t what it is suppose to be!!”

“Then what? Hm? Modeling is just what?!”

‘It’s...it’s….’ “You are working for the same fashion house. Now a days, there is no such thing as working by yourself...you have co-workers, the photographers, stylists working in the same house! I think it is about working together!”

"Hmpt, there can only be one...top model.” Baekyeol was about to leave, when Joonxing ended up being persistent. He tried to convince the other that his thinking was absolutely wrong. It wasn’t a right way to think. Where was the Baekyeol before?

“Lets have some fun okay?” Baekyeol smiled brightly.

Where was the Baekyeol that would make sure that we all smiled brightly in the photoshoots?

“Yah, yah, yah, Yitao, smile more, look at Joonxing! He is smiling!” He said, poking Yitao on the cheek cutely.

“Where is the Baekyeol that said we would be the best models?! Together we would be the best, and make uncle the greatest designer in the world?! Where is that Baekyeol?!”

The Beauty whipped around, and grabbed Joonxing by the collar and slapped him hard across the face. It shocked the other, no doubt, that he started to shake.

“Listen here you piece of , I’m trying to save you from embarrassing yourself, and yet you are not even thankful for what I am saying to you! From someone like me, a world, top model! You were never good to begin with! You were never good -- never great like me! I don’t even know why uncle even considered you to be with us! It must’ve been out of in’ pity! Just stop now, and move onto something else! You’re smart, yeah? Top in your class during your academic years...go to university and finish something! That is your field! That is your territory, and this is mine!! Listen to what I have to say, and stop being a model! Because you aren’t even that good!! Stop making yourself believe that you will run with the top dogs, because you won’t and never will be!”

With that last sentence, Joonxing started to shed a tear. His friend, his brother even, was telling him all these harsh words. Another tear fell.

With a click of his tongue, Baekyeol pushed Joonxing back, and started to descend from the stairs. He didn’t show remorse. He didn’t even show any expression. It was the truth. Sure, no one wants to hear the truth, but it was life. There are things that people do not want to hear at all, but eventually, they will hear it. ‘I’m saving him now...he should thank me.’

Once Baekyeol was out of Joonxing’s sight, Joonxing lowered his head, with tears streaming from his angelic eyes.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao crossed his arms together, leaning against the railing, while Yves was standing right beside him.

‘Of all places...outside...and it starting to get cold too…,’ Yitao thought, biting the inside of his cheek, ‘why does Yves want to speak with me anyway...what the hell does he want...’

“I’m sure you are wondering why I brought you out here.”

‘Ding, ding, you got that right...’ Yitao rolled his eyes, “yes, I am actually.”

“Well,” he cleared his throat, “I just wanted to let you know...or rather, to force out a point, that you are causing problems for Baekyeol, which I’m sure you know that.”

‘Problem?’ “What problems? What the hell has he been telling you?”

“He doesn’t tell me, I can see it in his face. Clearly, it’s all because of you.” Confused at the accusation, and a bit offended, he was about to speak when Yves beat him to it. “It would be great, if you could,” Yves started to hum, trying to find the words, “you know...congratulate or be more, I don’t know, nice?”

“Nice...ni-- why would I even congratulate him?”

“Shouldn’t every model or whoever actor, designers et cetera, congratulate each other for winning awards. Win or lose, there is a thing called being considerate. I remember you clearly from the last time...you didn’t seem to happy. People lose sometimes --”

“Wait, the reason you called me out here, was to tell me not to be a sore loser.” 'It wasn't even about the award you piece of !'

“Well, if you want to be blunt about it, then yes.” ‘You are making Baekyeol feel bad...he seemed spaced out recently as well...so...’

Yitao squinted his eyes, before letting out a laugh, catching Yves off guard. “Have you just met Baekyeol? Don’t you see how fake that son of a is?”

“Hey, watch your mouth. That is extremely rude --”

“You must have met Baekyeol to be defending him like that.” Yves knitted his brow, trying his very best not to raise his voice at the other. Yitao was clearly being offensively impolite, and Baekyeol wasn’t even here to defend himself. “I’ve known him for years...so don’t tell me you know him well. You don’t know him, like I do.” ‘Wow, this definitely sounds familiar somehow.’

“You’ve known him for years, but I spend most of my time being at his side. From the stories that Baekyeol told me, you are the one who is criticizing him. The one who is putting him down. The one who is making him feel bad inside.”

Yitao rolled his eyes. ‘How gullible is this guy...’ “If you are the agent, I would watch that ‘precious Rose’ of yours. Last event, he hit on me, and didn’t even know it.”

‘H-Hu?’ “Huh?”

“Sounds like he thinks that his fame can get him anything he supposedly wants. Under a new name, and me wearing a mask, he had no clue who the I was,” he placed his hand on his chest, where his tattoo was, “if I were you, you better watch him closely...like a hawk.”

Yitao eyed the other, before pushing himself off the railing. He was about to leave when Yves spoke, causing his eye to twitch.

“You are such cold person. I almost feel sorry for you.”

“Beg pardon?” He turned around.

“I’m just saying. With that type of attitude, no one would want to be with you. You have no warm heart, huh? You are nice to others, yet only Baekyeol you are so harsh with. You hate Baekyeol that much?”

Yitao inhaled deeply, before exhaling out slowly. “I do.”

Yves bit the inside of his cheek before he spoke. “I surprised that you don’t see how great Baekyeol is. I’m actually glad that you left. If you would have stayed, and continued to be his agent, I’m sure Baekyeol would go nuts. He doesn't need anymore negatively in his life. You are definitely the main source of it all. Unlike you, I praise him for all the good work that he is doing. It is his job, incase you forgot. A model should model clothes given whatever situation is thrown at them...if they have to look cute, they have to show it, if they have to look y, then they have to be the iest person on the set...the goal is to get people to notice you.”

“So that is what you think...the model’s job? Really? ‘Are you that stupid?’ “And, am I? You would have to look at Baekyeol closely, but I’m sure that you can’t see anything wrong with him. He is perfect, right?” he said gritting his teeth together, “if you knew him back then, you would be shocked to find out that him back then, isn’t what he is today.”

“Well, obviously. People change. What is so wrong with Baekyeol now?”

Yitao couldn’t believe what Yves was asking him. “Well, you tell me,” he said, his expression being extremely shocked that the other didn’t know, “...when he smiles you tell me, but to answer your simple and stupid question, everything!” Yitao let out a laugh, as if what Yves said was idiotic, “you make it as if you know Baekyeol since you were young. The Baekyeol now and the past is just like night and day. Completely opposite, and the Baekyeol I see in front of me isn’t the person that I loved back then!” He started to rant, unaware of his words that he was spilling out, “everything about him I hate! I can’t understand why people don’t see the Baekyeol that is in front of them! I even don’t understand why Baekyeol himself can’t see it! Is everyone blind or something? They must be! And Baekyeol too. You must be if you don’t see it! He is extremely arrogant, thoughtless...and that isn’t what he was back then…,” Yitao started to remember the past. As if small photographs were flashing his in his mind, slowly showing the good memories he had with the other. They were good, and they were the last memories he remembered of Baekyeol, before the Beauty turned into someone he is not. Someone that he thinks is a better version of himself. Yitao’s eyes started to soften, showing unhappiness in them, “His face, his personality is a front, and that sweet smile he makes isn’t the same as back then. It is ing disgusting! I detest people that are fake! That isn’t the same person I remembered growing up with. That isn’t the person I fell in love with years ago, and so much changed when he first started being a model... and...a-and…” he started to let his words drift off, pausing a bit.

Yves stared at the other, shocked. ‘You...love him?’ He clicked his tongue, not liking that information one bit. Someone as rude as he was didn’t deserve someone as special as Baekyeol. He bit the inside of his cheek, eyes loathing the other. ‘You are a hypocrite...’

With that being said, Yitao shook his head, before giving Yves one last look. He left, not wanting to talk anymore with the other. He started to feel his blood boil. ‘This is getting ridiculous.’

As Yitao entered the building, Yves started to think. ‘What an interesting guy,’ he rubbed his chin with his hand, ‘a guy who hates Baekyeol...puts him down so much, yet still harbors feelings for him. Love out of all emotions...he still loves him deep down inside despite that he covers it with hate. Or was it ‘loved’. “He did say loved.” He whispered to himself. ‘Ah too bad though...I’m glad that he detests him now. Gives me a wider opportunity to step in.’ He started to smile.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The event was about to start, causing everyone to enter inside the big theater. Yitao placed his mask on his eyes, as he descended from the stairs. ‘Lets get this over with -- oh !,’ he placed his hand on his temple rubbing it, ‘Joonxing! I left him there!’ He turned and started to head back where he left the Angel. “He might be pissed or something. Hopefully not though.”

As he approached the area where he left Joonxing, he was surprised that the other was still there. ‘Wow, he does have amazing patience for sure.’ “Joonxing!” He called out, causing the said person to look up.

Joonxing smiled brightly, waving at his cousin. “Hey.”

Yitao furrowed his brow, feeling something off about the other. He started to study him. “You were here the whole time?”

“Hm? Of course. What took you so long?” He cupped his mouth with his hand, so people wouldn’t hear, “needed to go that bad?”

“W-What? No...I didn’t need to take a .”

“So vulgar,” Joonxing chuckled weakly, catching Yitao’s attention, “so, should we start heading now? I think it is time.” He was about to pass the young Panda, when Yitao saw a hint of redness from Joonxing’s eyes.

Without any time to waste, Yitao pulled his cousin back, inspecting his eyes. Once he got a clear sight of them, the Angel’s eyes were red, and slightly puffy. Joonxing’s eyes widen a bit, and Yitao knew he caught him red handed. “Why are you crying?”

“U-Um --”

“Joonxing, why...are you crying.” He asked as more of a command, rather than a question.

“I’m...just nervous and excited that I started to tear up a bit…” He placed his hand on Yitao’s wrist, pulling it away from his arm, “nothing to work about.”

It might have worked on Suho or on Yixing, but it wouldn’t work on Yitao. The young Panda was about to speak, when Joonxing started to walk forward towards the doors that led inside to the event. “We should hurry, Yitao. I’m sure your dad is waiting.” He started to walk quickly, leaving Yitao behind.

‘Who made him cry?’ Yitao had no time to waste, that he started to follow his cousin inside. Once he entered, he literally had to scout out for his cousin and father. It was crowded with many nominees and other important people inside, that Yitao could feel himself overheat a bit. ‘Too many people...’ he bit inside his cheek.

He spotted his father, standing up and looking for him. Yitao rushed over. “Ah, good,” Kris nodded his head, “just in time.” As Kris was about to sit down, Yitao leaned over, asking if he saw anything strange about Joonxing when he sat down. Kris glanced over at the Angel, seeing nothing out of the ordinary, spaced out for sure like always, but other than that, nothing much. “Why did you ask me that?”

Yitao opened his mouth, but no words came out. Instead, he refrained himself from saying anything. “Nothing...nevermind.”

“Wait, Yitao tell me why.”

“Nevermind about it. Joonxing looks tired to be honest, so I was concerned.” Yitao sat down, turning his attention away from his father. Kris was now more confused than ever, but he sat down regardless.

‘Kids these days...’

Everyone started to get in their seats, saying their greetings to others. Yitao started to rub his temple with his hand, feeling some sort of migraine coming in. As he looked up, he saw the Devil himself and his oh-so protective guardian. Yves glanced down at Yitao, almost giving poised and indifferent expression towards him. With a click of his tongue, he turned his head, glancing at Baekyeol, who was staring directly at Joonxing, as if he was staring down at him. Yitao turned his head over to Joonxing, seeing him lower his head down. That is when Yitao put the pieces together. ‘Joonxing wasn’t sad because he was overwhelmed! That ignorant --’ “.” He said out loud in Korean, causing Kris to widen his eyes, and turn his attention towards his son.

“Yitao!” He hissed towards at his son. For sure it was uncalled for.

Baekyeol lolled his head over to Yitao’s direction, giving out phlegmatic expression. “Really. Is that all you can call me? Pathetic.” He flipped his hair and sat down on his seat, which was in front of Kris, while Yves sat beside him. Yitao turned his attention to Joonxing, but his father being in the way prevented him from seeing his cousin’s face.

“Yitao,” Kris was shocked at what his son did, “why in the world did you call Baekyeol that?” He asked in Chinese, with a hint of anger in his tone, “huh? Yitao, I’m speaking to you!”

With no response, Yitao continued to keep quiet. It left Kris frustrated that he let it go for now. “We are definitely going to talk about this more in depth when we get back in the hotel.” He said, adjusting his suit jacket, “I’m not happy about this Yitao. Baekyeol didn’t even say anything to you.”

‘Oh, dad...you are so naive...do you really not see it too?’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The event went longer than Yitao wanted. All he wanted to do now was head back to the hotel, but he knew that heading back, his father would want to further discuss what happened an hour and a half before. He didn’t mean to say ‘’ out loud, but it ended up being a reflex instead. He leaned back a bit, to get a good look at his cousin, who continued to display his dejected expression. The warmth, the happiness in his eyes started to dull down. Yitao started to feel bad. ‘What did Baekyeol say to you, Joonxing...’

“Now for the last and more awaited award,” the host said as she cleared , “the model of the year!”

Claps were made, letting it echo in the grand theater. The host started to list off names of the nominees and the houses that they represent. Once again, Yitao was nominated despite being debuted late in the game. He wanted to win the award. For himself, and for Joonxing, considering he didn’t win in his category.

“And the winner is…” the host started to open the envelope. She grabbed the letter inside and started to open it. With a smile on her face, she brought the microphone towards her lips. “And the winner is --”

‘Please let it be me.’ Yitao prayed mentally to himself.

“ -- Baekyeol Park!”

Yitao opened his eyes slowly, hearing the cheers, and claps around him, yet his eyes widen. Eyes widen, and in all honestly his jaw dropped.

Right in front of him, Yves had his hand on the back of Baekyeol’s head, kissing him lovingly right in front of other people once his name was announced that he won. The cameramen made sure to not even miss any of the action happening, which showed up on the big screen for everyone to see.

As for Baekyeol, it took him by surprise. A big surprise for sure. He should have pulled back quickly. He should have. But he didn’t. He waited for Yves to pull back, in which he did. It felt like hours in waiting for him to pull back, when in reality it was merely 2 seconds. Yves smiled brightly before going again to kiss Baekyeol on his forehead and towards his cheek.

Still shocked on the kiss, Baekyeol slowly got up, a bit wobbly at that. He started to slowly head up stage to receive his award. He got a glimpse of Yitao staring at him, and instead of expecting him to be angry, Yitao looked more shocked than he was, almost heart broken.

“U-Um…” He said through the microphone. Baekyeol could feel his heart beat rapidly as his eyes were still locked with Yitao.

He ignored his feeling.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

After the event, many of the other models, designers, fashion magazine reporters, and reporters in general were all over Baekyeol, not only because he won the most important award, but the kiss was very much unexpected. It was mostly on everyone’s minds.

“Are you two together?” One reporter asked, holding out his cellphone which was set to record.

“Who are you?” Another asked Yves.

It was a bit overwhelming for sure, and Baekyeol didn’t know how to respond to it. He gripped the award in his hands tightly in his hands, trying to figure out what to even say to the reporters when they will ask him the most important question. ‘Should I? B-But it...does Yves really feel that way?’ He glanced up at the other, who happily answered the reporters questions. ‘He stole it...my --’

“I do like Baekyeol, very, very much.” Yves nodded his head, with a smile on his face. He turned towards Baekyeol. “I know it was a bit sudden --”

“A bit?” Baekyeol questioned softly, but enough for the reporters to hear, and let them chuckle.

“Rushed? Well, I do...like you a lot Baekyeol.”

‘So, he does like me in that way...’ “D-Do you now…” 'Why does it feel --'

Without a second to spare, Yves nodded his head. “I really do. As cliche it might sound, I do love who you are. I would be there to hear your problems, be there to comfort you, be there to cheer you on, be there to make sure you make it to the top, and most importantly, I love you. The strong, and the beautiful Precious Rose of LBR,” Yves glanced over to his left, smiling inside as he spotted Yitao in the crowd with his cousin and father, “I’ll make sure to even protect you from the demons that are close to you.”

Baekyeol furrowed his brow, wondering what the last comment meant, when he felt a set of soft lips against his. The Beauty's eyes widen, feeling his heart race. Yves was kissing him, once again, in front of the reporters. Camera flashes set off, and people were cheering at the newly formed couple.

However, those cheers turned into screams from one of the models, when Yitao made his way over to the two, punching Yves right on the cheek. Hard. Enough to make him stumble backwards.

Baekyeol’s jaw dropped. ‘Yitao!’

As if the young Panda heard, he turned his head over facing Baekyeol, shocking the latter. Yitao’s eyes were glassy through his mask. Once he blinked, it looked as if tears could stream down on from his cheeks. Yitao turned his attention back towards Yves, ready to continue on with the beating. He just didn’t like it. He didn’t like what Yves did to Baekyeol.

Now it was now going against what he had planned for himself.

“I shouldn’t judge anymore." He started to approach Yves. "I shouldn’t care anymore" Yitao's heart started to beat rapidly. "...but I just wished --”

Yitao grabbed Yves by the collar and pulled him up with such strength. He raised his fist, ready to do it again. Instead of him doing the first knockout, Baekyeol dropped his award out of reflex. He made his way over to Yitao and Yves, and his strength he could conjure up, he pushed Yves out of Yitao’s grasp.

With much force, he slapped Yitao hard across the face, letting the smack be heard by everyone around. Yitao’s mask fell from his face, landing gently on the floor.

Everyone one stood still, shocked at what was happening between the three.

Yitao placed his hand on his cheek, feeling the sting against the tips of his fingers. ‘He...hit me...’ He turned his head slowly towards Baekyeol, who bore a shocked expression himself.

The Beauty felt himself shaking up a bit, surprised that he hit the other on the cheek. ‘H-He was going to hurt him...Yitao knows martial arts, and Yves doesn’t...no one was helping!’ He looked up at Yitao; both were staring right at each other. Baekyeol tighten his lips.

“W-What...what the is your problem?” He asked in Korean, in such an angry tone, “what gives you a right to hit him, huh?!” Yitao was too stunned to even give out a proper response. “Do not...d-do not hit him.” He said defending Yves who was still on the ground.

Yitao looked passed him, staring right at Yves, who ended up a smirking at him. Now everyone in the room has finally seen how unruly Yitao was being. His true “colors” exposed for everyone to see and learn. It may have been Yves plan after Yitao spilled his little secrets out unknowingly, not that Yves exactly cared. He loved Baekyeol deeply and would do anything to keep all the negatively out from Baekyeol’s life. Starting with Yitao first.

With Yitao now being judged by all, he wasn’t the only one in trouble. His father was too.

Kris’ fashion house was in deep trouble for having the so called Hong Long be undisciplined.

Yves got up slowly, dusting himself from the dirt. “It is okay everyone, I’m fine.” He assured everyone. As he made his way over to Yitao, he gently pushed Baekyeol behind him. He took his right hand, placing it behind Yitao’s head, pulling him forward so that Yitao’s ear was close to his lips. “How interesting for you to hit me like that...in front of everyone. The question is...why did you hit me in the first place? All I did was kiss him,” Yitao’s fist started to tighten, “it’s not like Baekyeol is yours.” He scoffed, “you said it yourself...you hate him. You detest what he is now. So why hit me? Why do you even care? I'm pretty sure you shouldn't, since you don't care for him anymore.” Yitao could feel the other smiling a bit, “perhaps you love him still? Is that it?” he asked coldly, “well, I do remember you saying you ‘loved’ him. That is past tense. Was that a front?” He pulled back, giving Yitao a challenging expression, “hm? Doesn’t that make you a hypocrite?”

‘H-Hypocrite?’

“You still have feelings for him?”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

like always, any mistakes, my bad. etc. etc. peace out, i’m heading to bed...9:35pm rocking out

NOTE(S):

BY’s cake:


quote (about butterflies unable to see their wings)
[
x]

Joonxing’s new hair: