ch12

Model Complexity

i started from the bottom and now i'm in space.

dafuq happened.

i'm squinting my eyes right now because of this story. im just hoping that it works well with the past chapters...hmm in terms of continuity...because it has been so long...


well enjoy guess...

oh and thank you for subscribing & commenting. i wont have time to respond any questions or concerns because i dont have time ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry (naega naega naega meonjeo...)

but i do appreicate them. so, thank you.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao fell backwards on his bed, still shocked from the event that happened just an hour ago. He was publicly slapped by Baekyeol. His actions towards Yves we're going to be in tomorrow’s newspaper, tomorrow’s media; the whole talk. Locally, and internationally. Not only did he ruin his image, but he ruined Joonxing’s image, and even worse, his own father’s image.

He leaned forward, letting his hair strands fall right in front of his face. He was starting to feel sick to his stomach. ‘I actually...ruined their lives because of a simple action,’ he bit his lip before sighing, ‘the more dad’s company is going to go down because of me...’

Just then, the door opened, revealing an exhausted Angel. Yitao couldn’t even look at him straight in the eye. As the door closed, Joonxing leaned back against the door. It was silent.

But just for a second.

“Why did you do that?” Joonxing asked softly. “Why did you have to go and do that, Yitao? You promised me that you wouldn’t do anything stupid.”

“I...hm.” Yitao groaned, not sure how to even respond his cousin’s question.

“Yitao, you promised me that you wouldn’t do anything idiotic, and here you are, you did something stupid! Are you stupid?!”

“Hey,” Yitao stood up, almost towering over his cousin, “I know that Baekyeol said something to you because your expression said it --”

“Hey,” Joonxing said, raising his tone. Who knew that an Angel could also have a strong voice, “don’t pin this on me. Whatever Baekyeol said to me, is between him and I! I don’t remember actually asking you to help me tonight. I am a big boy Yitao, and I can take care of myself,” he took in a deep inhale and exhale, “plus, it doesn’t even concern you! You are mad because of what Yves did back there, and don’t you dare say that what he did didn’t trigger something in you.”

“He --”

“Why the hell did you punch him, Yitao? Hm?!” Joonxing waited for his cousin to reply, “well? Why did you punch him?! You shouldn’t care, right? Who cares what Baekyeol does,” Joonxing said, throwing his arms up in the air, and letting it hit his sides, “right?!”

Yitao hesitated, but Joonxing kept on being persistent.

“You...you still care for him,” Joonxing shook his head, “you still do.”

“No --”

“Don’t bull this, Yitao, you still like him. Why the would you even punch him when you don’t have a big history with that man.”

With no rebuttal, Joonxing let out scoff. “Yeah, for someone who said that you used to care about someone, and you do this...I’m sure you still care for him. Because if you didn’t care for Baekyeol at all anymore, in that way, you wouldn’t have done this...instead, you would have congratulated Baekyeol and his new partner.”

With that, Joonxing left the room, closing the door rather hard. Yitao winced at the loud sound, before sitting back down on the bed. He glanced down at the floor, letting tears rolling down his cheeks.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol was sitting on his bed, unable to rest after the events that happened. His mind was still occupied with the events that happened, between Yitao and Yves. He never thought that there would be a day that he would literally slap Yitao across the face.

He glanced down at his palm, the exact one that made contact with Yitao’s cheek. The more he looked at it, he could still feel the stinging sensation. He closed it, and opened it again. ‘Yitao...you’re so stupid..,’ He closed his palm, tightly, ‘why did you do that?’

He brought his knees up to his chest, feeling the corners of his lips turn upside down. Why was he even sad at a moment like this. He should be happy. He got an award, and a prestigious one at that. He turned to the small, table stand that was next to the bed, seeing the award standing proud and shining. Baekyeol tried to smile, but he couldn’t.

‘Stupid Yitao...he ruined the moment! I should be happy with my award! But I can’t enjoy it because of what happened!’ The back of his hand, rested on his lips; his heart pounded. “But he had to go and kiss me like that on stage...for everyone to see...surely everyone in the world will see it…”

He let his hand drop on his lap and he felt his eyes starting to water a bit. He bit the inside of his cheek.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was the next morning, and Yitao rubbed his eyes. He wasn’t able to sleep at all last night. Not after disappointing so much people, how can he even sleep well. ‘Dad is mad at me...Joonxing is mad at me...mom will scold me...I’ve ruined everything for dad…’ He turned over, letting his cheek rest on the pillow. ’I don’t even want to go out…’

Despite saying that, he slowly got up, and rubbed his eye with his right hand. A great weight of sadness waved over him. He looked behind him to see if Joonxing was still sleeping, but was surprised that the other wasn’t sleeping beside him. ‘He must have gotten up earlier than I did…’ Yitao started to get out of bed, when he heard a knock. He hesitated, but told whoever to come in. As the door opened, Yitao lowered his head. “Dad…” He said softly.

Kris frowned, but closed the door behind him. He made his way over to Yitao sitting right beside him. He let out a short exhale.

Yitao was waiting for his father to say something. Anything just to break this silence. He started to fiddle with his thumbs, until Kris spoke.

“I don’t...I don’t know what I should say...to be honest,” he turned his head to have his son, “I am disappointed in you though...for hitting the gentleman like that...in public out of all things.” He sighed, placing his hand over his face. “Ah,” he said, as he lowered them to his lap, “Yitao...I’m getting old. I am old and I’m tired. This thing that you have with Baekyeol...I...I-I don’t know what I can tell you...but you are so...hot headed that your anger is taking over you and you go on and act like what you did last night.” He shook his head. “You have to control your anger Yitao...because it’s going to get people in trouble. It might not be you, but other people around you.”

“Dad...I’m sorry…”

His father placed his hand on Yitao’s head; he gave a weak smile. “It has been done, Yitao...you can’t turn back time and erase it.”

‘I ruined dad’s company then…’

“Just please...for me, Yitao,” he glanced up seeing his father’s tired eyes, “please be a good kid...please don’t cause anymore trouble okay…”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol started to pack this things, but he couldn’t sleep a wink last night. He felt a troubled that it occupied his mind; he groaned. ‘God my face probably looks like hell…’ He sighed as he sat on his bed and started to grab things from his side table. “Oh...I can’t forget this.” He leaned over grabbing his handkerchief that he sewn himself from the packet that Yves gave him. Baekyeol gave a small smile; he was proud that he was able to sew something, even if it was simple as making a handkerchief from scraps of fabric. He placed it in his bag, “for sure, lets not forget this.”

A knock was made, and Baekyeol got up from his bed; he placed his bag down on the ground, and started to head towards his door. Once he opened it, he was greeted by his ever-so proclaimed ‘lover’. ‘Are we even that?’ Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek. 'are we that now?'

“Morning!”

“Um,” he squinted at the cheery voice that Yves had. It was the grogginess that was kicking in, “morning.”

He leaned in, ready and wanting to give Baekyeol a good morning kiss, but the Beauty leaned back. Yves raised his eyebrow, causing the other to apologize. “I...erm, sorry.”

With a deadpan expression, Yves turned into it into a smile. “I brought over some coffee for you.” He presented a small cup of coffee from the coffeehouse that was just right in front of their hotel. Baekyeol nodded his head, and thanked the other. Yves started to walk inside once the Beauty opened the door a bit wider. “We will be leaving soon, back to France...from what my brother said, we will be traveling to New Zealand in the next couple weeks.”

“New Zealand? For what?”

“For a spread for this new fashion magazine that my brother and two other designers invested in.” He continued saying that natives from New Zealand discovered a cave containing rose-quartz colored gems that illuminated the cave inside. It caught interest in the designers that they wanted their top models to be photographed while in their respective designer’s clothing. “My brother thinks that it will be a great hit. Not only it will get people’s interest, but that newly discovered cave will cause tourist attractions. It’s like a win-win.”

‘It is like a win-win.’

Yves sat down at the chair right beside the circular table, “I do need to talk to you, which is another reason why I’m here.”

“About?” Baekyeol raised his eyebrow.

“The events from last night.”

“O-Oh…” Baekyeol tried not to look at the other directly. He honestly didn’t know how to react to it properly.

Yves gestured for the Beauty to come closer, in which he paused a bit. Regardless, he went over. Now standing right in front from, Yves gently took hold of Baekyeol’s free hand. He started to tell him that he meant in his words from last night. That he truly cared for him, and that he loved him dearly. More than anyone that Baekyeol possibly knew, even his own parents combined. He brought up the Beauty’s hand and kissed it before looking up at Baekyeol’s flushing face. He smirked.

“I do love you...very much.”

Baekyeol pulled his hand back, letting it drop to his side. Yves continued.

“You know that I would do everything I can to protect you,” he leaned back in his seat, “you know that former...friend of yours...Yitao --”

“What about him?” Baekyeol felt his fingers gripping onto his coffee cup tightly.

“You know that he did harbor feelings for you.”

‘F-Feelings…’ “How can you say that...you think someone who treats me like I’m means that they love me dearly?”

"And that is what I thought...how can someone like that...so impetuous...so easily frustrated be affectionate.”

“H-He...wasn’t always like that…” ‘Not until...we started working and all…but still…’ “When we were kids...he was nice to me.”

“That was back then,” Yves scoffed, thinking it was a bit funny to imagine Yitao being ‘nice’, “I can’t really see that being true.”

“Well, believe it..he was nice.”

“Let's be honest...no one can be like that and be like this now. If I were you, I would stay away from him. I mean, you saw what he did to me...I don’t want him hurting you like that.”

‘That...never crossed my mind...Yitao could hurt me at some point.’ Baekyeol furrowed his brow, ‘he could possibly hit me with ease since I slapped him on the face yesterday.’

"So, back to what I was saying…,” Yves started to say, “I was hoping that you would consider in me being as...you know.”

“I know?”

“As the one that will be by your side.”

"A lover..." Baekyeol was thinking twice about his offer. Deep down, he was feeling something. As if it was something bad. But what ‘bad’ thing can come from Yves; a sensible and  precautionary man that always make sure that Baekyeol was needed where he needed to be and be safe in his care. No matter how discourteous he was, Yves always manages to look over it and accepts him for who he is. Not to mention, he cared more than Yitao ever did during their past years working together. The amount of stress and anger that he kept within him, all because of Yitao.

“I do love you...very much.”

‘A person that likes you with the good and the bad.’ “You really love me huh?”

“Of course...I wouldn’t have done what I did on television if I didn’t right? To me, you are perfection.” He stood up from his seat, and reached out to grab the other’s hand. He it gently with his thumb, as if easing him from his troubles. Baekyeol started to relax.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As Kris opened the door, Tao quickly made his way over with Jin in his arms. The three made it home, safe and sound, but Yitao knew he would be far from feeling relax. He swiftly dodged his mother, and started to make his way up the steps to his room.

“Yitao.”

Midway to the top, Yitao groaned, as he stepped back a step. Hearing his mother’s voice echo in their home, he knew he would be getting a lecture. He looked over his shoulder, feeling his heart drop a bit when he saw Tao with a sadden expression.

Xiumin came in, greeting Kris and Joonxing. “Please take him.” Tao said, handing Jin to Xiumin.

“O-Oh, okay.” He watched as Tao started to make his way up the steps, seeing Yitao on the steps. “Is he okay?” He asked Kris, in which he responded by giving a weak smile. He didn’t say much after that, leaving Xiumin worried. Kris excused himself, and started to make his way over to his study. Xiumin turned to face Joonxing; he gave a small smile. “Let’s get you something to eat, hm?”

“Ah...thank you...but, um, I was wondering where Xiuchen is?”

“Oh, he is out right now with some friends...he will be back...maybe an hour or so.”

“Okay…”

Xiumin frowned; he knew something was wrong with the other. Joonxing, nodded his head, and started to make his way over to his room. Xiumin was then left with baby Jin in his arms, concerned for everyone. He looked down at the youngest. “Your family...has problems.”

Jin puffed his cheeks, before laying his head on Xiumin’s shoulder.

--

By the time Yitao made it to his room, Tao was right at his tail. He closed the door, watching his son, drop himself on his bed. “Yitao,” Tao started, “we are going to talk about what happened.”

“Right now?”

“Yes right now,” he crossed his arms together, “Yitao that is definitely not how we raised you to be. Since when did you start hitting people and acting all violent? You know how angry I am with you right now? Huh?! Your insolent behavior ruined your standing, Joonxing’s, your father’s, and let's not forget about your family, Yitao.”

Yitao sighed, digging his cheek deeper into his pillow. Tao continued.

“Are you listening to me?” He sighed, “Yitao...your fiery temper is getting to you, and I don’t know where you are getting this attitude from. You need to control this. Why were you so angry at him --” Tao stopped, remembering what happened prior to the accident; his shoulders dropped. “Don’t tell me that this has to be something with that kiss.”

With no response from the other, he repeated.

“Yitao, I’m talking to you.”

Yitao started to push his hair back, as he sat up fully. He looked at his mother and shrugged. The more Tao started to feel irritated. “Look, Yitao,” he started to make his way over to Yitao’s bed, sitting down right beside him, “you...and your constant battle with your emotions over someone. Which is it, Yitao...it’s either you have feelings for him or you don’t,” he placed his hand on the other’s knee, “this love-hate battle that you have with yourself...internally...it’s going to stress you.”

Yitao bit the inside of his cheek.

“You are going to stress yourself out with this and sooner or later you just might get sick...this...with this problem...a problem that I find so childish, Yitao. A grown man should know what to do in this situation.”

“How can I -- I mean, what can I do in this situation when the person that you loved so much, turns into a person that you hate,” he stood up and turned to face his mother, “how can you say to me that I should know what to do in this situation?”

Tao frowned; he folded his hands on his lap. “Yitao...which is it. What is it that makes you detest Baekyeol so much…”

“Ma, he isn’t like the kid that you saw back when he was growing up. He is basically an egotistical, elitist...he believes he is the best model out there...that no one can beat him. He rather puts everyone down, and bring himself up. He developed his rude personality...and...a-and…and…” Yitao couldn’t think of anything else to say. Just like what his mind told him time and time again, the Baekyeol he remembered is no where. He sighed; he will never see the Baekyeol that he always loved when they were children. Yitao glanced down at his floor, wondering what could have been.

“You loved him...huh?”

He glanced up. “I did...I really did…”

Tao sighed. “Oh, Yitao…” he frowned as he did truly believe that his son did love Baekyeol with all his heart. It was just a shame that Baekyeol felt that he needed to be the best in what he does and ignore the people around him. ‘If only Baekyeol kept a humble attitude, he wouldn’t be like how he is.’ “Interesting how people change, huh?”

“Were you like that?”

“Mean?”

“No,” Yitao cleared his throat, “I-I mean...well, I wouldn’t think that you were mean...not that I remember…”

Tao let out a small smile. “Your father was ‘mean’,” he said with air quotes, “at one point...but that was because he was confused.”

“About?”

“About why he was falling in love.”

Yitao was a bit confused, considering he mostly remembered the good memories when Tao was with them. Tao continued.

“Though, it was only short lived...he completely changed after that. And I’m happy that he returned the feelings, because I loved him first.”

The younger started to feel jealous. He wished that his and Baekyeol’s situation was something like that. Something short lived and in the end, everything would be okay. Instead, more of Baekyeol’s egotistical attitude grows while his humility deteriorates. He started to think; maybe he and Baekyeol were never meant to be together.

“I just always thought that...Baekyeol and I...would be together, but, uh…” ‘but now that I really think about it...I’ve never been nice to him at all...I’m always mad him…it would be understandable if Baekyeol would dislike me,’ Yitao let out a shaky exhale, “am I stupid mom?”

“No, you’re not,” Tao stood up, cupping his son’s cheeks, trying his best to ease his son; Yitao started shed tears, “p-people change, Yitao...they do.” He placed a kiss on his son’s cheek, “I’m sorry that you couldn’t get your happy ending like you wshed for...but like what they say...there are plenty more fish in the sea, Yitao. Maybe you just didn’t find him yet...and probably Baekyeol isn’t your future.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol rested in his room, checking out his social media accounts. He figured that the whole event that happened would still be a hot topic. “And it will surely be on for another week or so…” Baekyeol closed his cell phone and tossed it carelessly onto to his bed.

He yawned as he stood up to look outside, seeing the streets of his French country. It was good to be back. “But not for long.” He sighed as he remembered the photo shoot in New Zealand. ‘A good break sounds good, but money doesn't grow on trees.’

Baekyeol turned around, and decided to pack for his trip once again. “It shouldn’t be that long, right?”

He grabbed his leather, studded duffle bag, and dropped in on the floor. “What to bring, what to bring.” He said to himself as he opened his closet. “What is the weather in New Zealand anyway?” He clicked his tongue, as he started to rummage through. Baekyeol squatted down and opened his bag that he brought with him, dumping his clothes on the floor. ‘I need to get these washed…’ “Eh?”

He picked up the handkerchief from the floor. “Oh yeah...the one that I made.” He sat on the floor, inspecting his work. ‘Who would have thought that sewing would be so relaxing…’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As the months have passed, the incident between Yitao and Yves started to die, and soon people forgot the occurrence. As for Yitao, he was happy that people started to forget, yet whenever he walks out in public, people would stare. They would start talking and point, mumbling that he was the one that hit the designer’s brother.

Yitao pushed his shades up, and continued to walk down the the city’s street. ‘Yep, I would be that guy…’ He placed his hands in his jacket pocket and continued his daily walk. Usually, he would walk with his mother while pushing Jin in his stroller, but since Tao had errands to run, Yitao was stuck with himself for the day.

He continued to walk, until he back tracked his steps when he saw a familiar person on a magazine cover on the news stand. Upon looking closer, he saw that it was Baekyeol along with two other models. ‘Gods of Fashion…,’ “First edition?” He whispered to himself.

“Brand new, son.”

Yitao looked up, “P-Pardon?”

The owner of the news stand chuckled; he gestured to the magazine that Yitao was just looking at. “It’s brand new. From what I read so far...the top fashion designers invested in creating a magazine. It just released two weeks ago...maybe not even...but its been a hit.” He picked up the magazine, and handed it over to Yitao.

‘That is one thick book…’ Yitao nodded his head, as he took it.

 “Check it out...it’s only 18,000.00 won.”

Yitao nodded once again; he opened the magazine, flipping through pages. He has to admit, it was a well organized and well done. He stopped when he came across Baekyeol’s spread. He started to frown; he was sad this time.

In the dark, yet illuminated well by the rose-quartz gems, Baekyeol was sitting on one of the rocks, looking stunning in his white colored dress that Henri designed. It did make him look beautiful. “As always.” He whispered.

“I’m sorry?” The owner said, a bit confused.

“Oh, so-sorry, I was talking to myself.” He handed the magazine back, “and sorry, I don’t think I’ll be getting it.”

“That's alright.” he grabbed it, placing it back where it was, “those designers do make beautiful garments. Must be a great to be a model to wear clothes like that and get photographed.”

“Hm.” Yitao bit the inside of his cheek, not really responding to the other’s comment. “Well, erm, thank you...for letting me see it.”

“It was no problem...have a great afternoon.”

Yitao stepped back, only to quickly turn around to apologize to the person that he bumped. “Eh?!” ‘What is Eden doing in Korea?!’ He thought as he took down his shades, just to make sure that the person he is looking at is the right person.

“Yitao? Oh, wow!” The familiar face beamed in happiness, “what luck!”

“It...It is you.”

Eden nodded his head, “it is me. And I have you to thank.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao and Eden stopped by a nearby cafe, and quickly started to chat. Eden started to explain that Yitao's father transferred him and Ichirou to Korea to work for him. He continued to say that he was thankful, because it felt like it was the right time, considering Baekyeol wanted him and Ichirou fired. As Eden continued, gradually, Yitao’s hand started to form into a fist. He was mixed with anger and sadness. It wasn’t fair for Eden and Ichirou, and Baekyeol did step out of line. Yet knowing that the two will be working for his father pretty soon, he started to smile at their future. ‘For sure they will be in good hands.’ Yitao thought. “I’m sorry that Baekyeol did all of this…”

Eden shrugged. “Well, you know...it happens...I guess.”

“But, I’m happy that my dad listened to me and took you two in,” he smiled warmingly at the other, “you guys are great.”

Eden puffed his cheeks out, but chuckled. “Thanks...but seriously thank you for suggesting us.” Eden sipped his coffee, “hm,” he placed his cup down, “by the way...I know that this is old news, but I wasn’t able to ask, but...the incident with Yves.”

“Oh, that...what about it?”

“I mean, how...h-how are you feeling? People must’ve been saying things about you through social media...like mean comments or something.”

“Ah...well, I’ve been doing alright. I try my best to shrug it off because it has been done. I mean, what can I do to reverse that? I can’t go back in time, right? So...I just try and move on. Though, to be honest, I don’t regret it.” Yitao softly chuckled, yet Eden didn’t find it so entertaining. “To be frank...I was in love still with --”

“Yves?”

“Gods in the heavens, no...I was going to say Baekyeol.”

“Baekyeol…”

“Yeah...well, I was still at that time in love with him despite me forcing myself to hate him because of what he has become. No matter how much I tried, there was that little part of me that still loved him,” he scoffed, “how pathetic is that, Eden. I’m such a complex person that I don’t know who I want in my life.”

“Erm, well…,” Eden started to fidget in his seat, “uh, I’m no Baekyeol...but…”

“Hm? ‘But’ what?” Yitao tilted his head causing Eden to redden.

“Well...um, n-nevermind.”

“Oh, hm, okay then.” Yitao grabbed his cup and sipped his coffee. He glanced over to the side, letting Eden get a good look at his profile. The more he started to blush. He jumped when Yitao quickly turned to face him. “What are you -- whoa, are you feelin’ alright?,” he pointed at the other’s cheeks, “you are red man.”

“Y-Yes! Totally fine,” Eden started to pat his own cheeks, “it’s nothing!”

‘W-Was he blushing earlier?’ Yitao squinted his eyes, “erm, well...I-I was gunna say what were you doing today? Just walking around, and familiar yourself with the city?”

“P-Pretty much.”

“Ah, then do you mind if I hang out with you? I’m kinda bored myself.”

“I-I don’t mind!” ‘Not at all!!’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol smirked as he turned the pages of the new magazine that Henri and the two other fashion designers invested it. It came out beautifully, just as expected. He continued flipping through the pages, until the door knocked of his apartment. He stood up, and placed the magazine on the table. “Be right there.”

As he approached the door, he opened it, and was immediately greeted by Yves himself holding a bottle of wine in his hands. He beamed and started to congratulate the other for the success of the magazine. It was able to sell more than 3 million copies within just a few days. Baekyeol beamed; he opened the door wider for the other to come in.

“And to celebrate, I do have a great bottle of wine.”

“Ah, that's...well, thanks.” Baekyeol said, as he closed the door.

Yves placed the bottle on the table, and started to head to the other’s kitchen. He grabbed two glasses from the cabinet, and a wine opener. “my brother is very happy that this magazine went successful. Or rather, that it exceeded his expectation. He didn’t know how big it would get.”

“He is welcome. Besides, why wouldn't it be successful. There was me and...those two other models that I already forgot who they were...”

He chuckled. “Well, you three did well.” He opened the bottle of the wine and started to pour a glass for Baekyeol and himself. “Like always, we are proud.”

Baekyeol picked up the glass and raised it up. “As you and your brother should be.”

Yves beamed; he picked up his glass and ‘clinked’ his glass with the other. Just as Baekyeol was about to drink, Yves leaned in and placed a kiss on Baekyeol’s lips. Not just a peck, but a heated one.

“Nn…,” Baekyeol pulled back, feeling his heart race; it pounded against his chest, “l-let not get too carried away.” He placed the back of his hand against his lips. For the umpteenth time, he still gets nervous and has this deep feeling in his stomach. Why couldn’t he just accept Yves as his boyfriend. It is one of the natural things that you do with your partner. So, why was it still difficult for him to show it.

As for Yves, he bit the inside of his cheek, a bit disappointed that they had to stop. Regardless, he respected the other’s space. He his lips, and leaned back. He apologized for his sudden action.

Baekyeol placed his glass on the table. “It’s fine.” He said.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Once Yitao was done with his sudden hangout with Eden, he felt just like he did when he first met him. He felt calm and collected. ‘Eden’s energy is so calming, unlike me.’ He nodded to himself as he flipped through his book of quotes that he got from the bookstore when he was out with the other. ‘Hm?’

“The Buddhists say that if you meet somebody and your heart pounds. Your hand shake. Your knees go weak. That’s not the one. When you meet your ‘soulmate’ you’ll feel calm. No anxiety. No agitation.”

Yitao leaned back, thinking about the quote. He just found it strange that when he was hanging out with Eden, a quote like that would pop up. He furrowed his brow; was Eden his soulmate? Just considering that he felt in peace whenever he was around him. When Yitao leaned forward again to re-read the quote, he did start to think back when he and Baekyeol were younger. He did feel calm back then. “But that was then though.” He mumbled to himself. “So, it wouldn’t apply to today, right?”

He sighed and closed the book in front of him. He placed it right beside his other books on his desk, and continued to think about the quote a bit more. He clicked his tongue. “Why am I thinking so much about this...seriously...okay, I should just stay single for a bit more anyway. Enjoy my time before I settle down.” He mumbled again, “ugh…,” he rested his head against his desk, ‘but that sudden kiss though that Baekyeol and Yves shared...it’s bothering me so much…’ “I need some therapy or something?”

“Why?”

Yitao jumped in his seat; he quickly turned around seeing Joonxing standing right outside of his room, holding onto a plate of sliced cake.

“G-God, Joonxing, why are you...just standing there.”

With a deadpan expression, Joonxing rolled his eyes. He entered and presented the sliced cake to the other. “Here...Xiuchen got some cake mix, so he made some.”

“Ah, th-thanks.” He slowly grabbed the plate, placing it on his desk. Ever since that ‘fight’ that they had, both Joonxing and Yitao haven’t been talking a lot with each other that much. Now that both have calmed down for months, Joonxing decided to step forward first.

“It’s no problem…uh, so...why therapy?”

“O-Oh, I was just thinking out loud...but it’s nothing at all. Just...thinking about how confusing and complex my life is. Just why can’t I be normal and move on. You know...normal thoughts that everybody has in life.”

Joonxing raised his eyebrow, before letting out a soft chuckle. “Reality is complex, huh?”

Yitao gave a small nod. “Just a bit.”

The other leaned over, and patted Yitao on the shoulder. “Baekyeol is probably not the best person for you, Yitao...just like you said...and when I saw him at the event...h-he was mean to me… --”

“Just what did he say?”

Before he spoke, he tried to be tough. It still hurt him. “Just like people...they tend to say words that hurt others...just to put them down,” he shook his head, “but you know...everyone in the world isn’t nice. And people can change. A classmate from grade school that was nice and caring, can be rude and mean when they get older,” Joonxing gave a weak smile, “or vice versa. “It’s just unfortunate that Baekyeol ended up taking that route huh...no words can break his decisions in life.”

Yitao felt uncomfortable; he glanced down at his slice of cake and he sighed. “I just thought that he and I would end up together because we were always together. My mind...I would assure myself that Baekyeol would change at some point...or if I constantly tell him that what he was becoming not good I just thought that it would sink in eventually.”

“Your methods are...well...not exactly right...but you know...it’s good to move on with life.”

‘Move on with life…’ “Right.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next day, Baekyeol headed in for work, ready for whatever Henri had planned for the day. Neither Yves or Henri said anything for today’s agenda, but Baekyeol disregarded it, thinking that Henri might have been busy that he forgot to tell Yves about today. As he entered, the employees immediately greeted the model nervously.

The Beauty rolled his eyes and started to head up stairs to Henri’s office. Once he made it, he opened the door, seeing Henri packing his things. “Eh?” Baekyeol adjusted his bag, “what are you doing?”

“Hm, oh, Baekyeol,” Henri placed his books on top of his folders, “what are you doing here?”

“Well...for work, for one thing.”

“Ah? I thought -- oh, shoot...sorry about that...I forgot to let Yves know about today.”

“Whats going on today?”

“We are moving buildings. We are moving to a more bigger building. More space and more employees to employ that will help me with sewing...more graphic design teams, marketing...things like that. We will be sharing with two other designers...the ones that helped out with the magazine.”

‘The two models I worked with?’

“We decided to band together...become a fashion empire for France...with the top three designers. So, we will be busy doing this for the next couple of months.”

“Couple of months?”

“Yeah...so you will have a long vacation,” he smiled, “that would be great right? You can visit your parents back in Korea and you do need a vacation. I’ve been constantly keeping you at work...no time for rest. And you know, a break is good now and then.”

“Ah, I see… I guess I’ll head back home.”

Henri smiled. “Nice to hear. You can leave later tonight. Or Tomorrow. Or if you feel, you can stay in France, but I think visiting family is the best right?”

‘If I go back home, I’ll see Yitao.’ Baekyeol scratched his cheek; he started to feel a weird feeling in his stomach. ‘He would just be irritated with me anyway...what's the point anyway of going back home.’ “I think I’ll just stay here...or head to Germany for vacation.”

“Hm, that's an option too,” Henri grabbed his pencil cases, placing them in his bag, “to assure your safety, Yves will go too.”

“Him too?”

“Well, you two are dating right?”

“You know?!” Baekyeol blushed; Yves actually told his brother about their relationship.

“I am his brother. And he mentioned it with merriment in his face,” he looked up from his things, “you like him...right?”

“H-Huh?”

“Well, this isn’t forced right? Like you are forcing yourself to be in a relationship with him...I mean, my brother is an amorous person, and he constantly tells me that he has a deep affection towards you. I just don’t want my brother to be sad if this was out of pity.”

“I-It’s not...to be honest, your brother has been nothing, but kind towards me. That and...and loving…” ‘Unlike some people…’ “I’m just not used to being loved like what Yves gives. It’s more of...a lover...i-if you know what I mean.”

“I understand. This is your first time actually being in love, huh?”

Baekyeol shifted from one side to the other, yet he nodded. It was actually his first time being in a relationship at all. And it being Yves out of all people. “I’m just still nervous and all...because I don’t know what I’m actually doing so…” ‘Why again am I talking with my boss about my...so called relationship with Yves...it just sounds so weird…’

Henri nodded. “I does take time, but you know...you two do look great together. Though I am happy that you are taking a chance...especially with my brother.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao headed out with Joonxing to his Kris’ workplace, to get in some photoshoots done. With the incident already down, he thought that it would be safe to head back to work. As the two stepped in, everything seemed normal, which calmed Yitao’s mind.

They entered the elevator and ran into their newest members. “Oh, Eden...Ichirou.” Yitao gave a small wave towards the two.

“Ah, Yitao --”

“Yitao!!” Ichirou said, cutting in Eden’s greeting. He hugged the other tightly as he missed him very much.

“I...ow, Ichirou stop it,” Yitao pushed the other back with his hand, “I can’t breath.”

Ichirou beamed. “I totally miss ya, man!”

Instead of scolding the other, he chuckled. He did miss him too. “Oh, Eden, Ichirou...this is my cousin...Zhang Joonxing.”

Joonxing smiled as he nodded his head towards the two; both Eden and Ichirou did the same. “It’s nice to meet you both.” Joonxing said.

“We are in your care.” Eden and Ichirou said in unison, causing Joonxing to chuckle.

“How cute!”

Yitao smiled, happy to know that the three of them were getting along just fine. As they reached their floor, they continued to make their way to their wardroom rooms. It was just a normal day; nothing out of the ordinary.

Or so the two new members thought. Both Eden and Ichirou were surprised that Yitao was actually in fact the masked model, Hong Long. They tried their best to remember if the masked model was mentioned in some way. “Did you know?” Ichirou asked, in which Eden tried to remember, but his memory was a bit foggy about it.

“Well, considering what was going on with Baekyeol and stuff...I think I knew about it, but forgot?” Eden hummed, “I don’t remember at all right now.” He looked up, watching Yitao do his shoot.

It was an automatic blush that formed on Eden’s face, that caught Ichirou’s attentioned. He squinted his eyes, and followed the direction his friend was facing. “Hm, interesting.” His smiled formed like a cat. ‘Ah, well...I was thinking of doing something, but eh...nevermind.’ Ichirou leaned back in his seat and crossed his legs. He continued to watch Yitao work, and he had to admit one thing. “He must have been getting ier or we have been getting more and more ugly.” He said in the most deadpan way.

By then Joonxing came to sit down with the other two, and choked on his own water that he was currently drinking. Him and Eden alike. Ichirou scrunched up his nose; he looked at both of them in their coughing fit. “Well then I was going to say...drink something, but uh...i dunno what that would do. Help or make it worse.”

“We are coughing because you said something so...so...so embarrassing!” Eden patted his cheeks, trying to calm himself down.

“A-Ah, well...my cousin is very...good looking.” Joonxing reached over to the table beside him, grabbing a napkin to wipe the water off from his lips. ‘Was he always this spontaneous or something?’

Just finishing up his shoot, Yitao bowed towards the photographer and started to head towards the three. He raised his eyebrow, knowing that something was off between the them. “Something...happened here...and I know…,” he turned towards Ichirou, “you did something to freak them out.”

Ichirou smirked and gave a peace sign. “You could say it is my specialty.”

Yitao squinted his eyes. “I...feel uncomfortable right now.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol glanced at the window, watching the scenery go by. He was heading off to the city of Heidelberg in Germany with Yves, just like Henri instructed. He breathed against the window, fogging up the glass. Baekyeol started to write his name in Korean.

It's been awhile since he went back home.

Not that he needed to head back home.

“Baekyeol you want some snacks?”

The said person turned his attention towards Yves, handing him an orange slice that he peeled. Baekyeol nodded his head in thanks, and took the orange slice. He made a sour face after eating it whole, causing Yves to let out a soft chuckle.

“This wasn’t funny…”

“Sorry, the face was cute.”

With a huff, Baekyeol turned his eyes over to the window once more. He tried to calm himself, thinking about the lengthy vacation that he gets to have. He could visit historical places while he is in Heidelberg and relax, before heading out to other cities in Germany.

“You must be excited to get a long vacation,” Yves said, placing the peels of the orange in a small plastic bag, “like my brother says, it’s nice to take a break.”

“Hm...yeah.”

“Oh, by the way,” he reached over for his bag right next to him, “here are the...well...things you want.” He grabbed four sewing packs with their own pattern for certain things as well as stuffing cotton. He handed them over to Baekyeol, who eagerly grabbed them. “Since when were you interesting in sewing?”

“Ever since you gave me that small pack to sew a handkerchief together,” he looked through each pack, “I think it is relaxing.”

“Oh?”

“Yep...I think it is fun...I was thinking of getting pattern books like how to make shorts...or a shirt or something and get fabric...make my own clothes ya know?”

Yves hummed. “You want to be a designer now?”

“Maybe...I dunno...as of now, it is a hobby.”

“Hm...well, you are doing well in what you are doing now…,” Yves opened his book to read, “I think it would be best to stay where you are.”

“Like...be a model until I die?”

“Yes.”

‘Hm...well...I can be a model ‘till I get old...I’ll still be looking good anyway.’ He looked at the four packages in his hands. Most of them were animals, which made sense for the cotton stuffings. He looked through, stopping at the last package.

‘A...panda…’

Baekyeol started to wonder. He looked out the window once more.

How was Yitao.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Yitao.”

The said person looked up from his phone, seeing Eden smiling down at him with a cup of coffee in his hand.

“I got you some coffee."

“Oh, you didn’t have to do that,” he said, scooting over so Eden can sit down on the couch right next to him, “you can do ahead and drink it.”

“Ah...I'm good, really. I had a smoothie earlier, but really, it is for you.” Eden said, sitting down right next to the other.

Yitao smiled. “Thank you then.” As he took it, he took a sip. “How much was this? I’ll pay you back.”

“Ah, no need. I felt like getting it for you.”

“Oh? You sure?”

“Positive.”

Yitao glanced at the cup of coffee, thinking that he should in some way pay Eden back for the nice gesture. The only thing he could think of was a simple one. He reached out and placed his hand on top of Eden’s head. He started to pat him as a thanks.

With it being a strange gesture, Eden couldn’t help, but blush at the small action.

“Oh, Yitao!”

Both looked up, and Yitao quickly realized it was his mother with Jin in his arms. He came rushing over, handing the youngest to him. “Yitao, can you please hold him, I really, really, really,” he said stressing out the word, “need to use the restroom.”

Not even letting Yitao respond, he dropped his bags right at Yitao’s feet and started to run to the nearest restroom on the floor.

“Well then,” Yitao glanced down, seeing Jin looking at him with his wide eyes. Yitao leaned down, pecking Jin on the forehead, causing a giggle escaping from his lips, “good that you are in a good mood.” He turned to Eden, “this is Jin...did I mention about him to you...or?”

“Ah...maybe. At some point,” Eden glanced at the younger, smiling brightly, “he is so cute!”

Jin turned his head, a bit surprised. He quickly turned his head away and started to tremble. It caught Eden by surprise; before he could even ask what was wrong, Jin started to cry.

“E-Eh?! What in the world? Is he okay?!”

“Hm? Oh yeah, he is okay.” Yitao said nonchalantly, sipping his cup. It caught Eden by surprise even more.

“Why do you look so apathetic?! He is crying!”

“Ah, he is like that,” Yitao placed the cup beside him, now cradling his brother in his hands, “my brother has this weird thing where he is scared of men.”

“Uh…”

“But he is okay with...like my mom...our chef who is very motherly...his son… -- he is very happy when it’s the men that are very motherly...example my mom. But yeah, he didn’t like me at first or my dad…”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah, but now that he likes me. I’m so happy that he came around...because it would be hard for an older brother not be around. At least we are okay now. You like me...don’t you hm?” He said as he lifted Jin up, trying to calm him down. “Bleh!” He said, making funny faces in the process.

Jin started to calm himself, and before Eden knew, Jin started to giggle. Both brothers started to laugh.

‘Whoa…’

Amazed, Eden slowly started to smile.

What a good man Yitao is.

“You --”

“I’ll be right back okay?” Yitao stood up from his seat, “I’m just gunna walk around. Would it be okay if I just leave these here?” He asked, gesturing to the bags that were on the floor with his foot.

“O-Oh, uh, sure...that's fine.”

“Thanks, I’ll be back...and I’m sure my mom will be back to get these.”

Eden nodded, as he watched Yitao walk down the hallway with Jin in his arms. Eden let out a sigh. He placed his hand over his heart, feeling his heart beat rapidly. ‘Just seeing him with Jin…,’ he lowered his head, feeling his face blush, ‘was just too...cute…’

“Oh...erm, excuse me?”

Eden looked up, seeing the same person that came over to drop Jin off. ‘His mother? Whoa...w-well, they do look alike!’

Tao tilted his head, blinking. He stared at the other for awhile, as if he looked very familiar. “Oh, um...you’re one of my husband’s new models right? Erm...I’m sorry...I don’t remember the name…”

“Oh, i-it’s okay, it’s Eden.” He stood up, bowing towards the other, “And yes, I’m one of the new models here.”

“Ah, great!” Tao smiled, “I hope that my son is doing his job in making you feel welcome. As well as my husband.”

“They are...I feel like...I came back home.”

“That's good. I’m sure both of my boys will enjoy that comment.” Tao clapped his hands together. He leaned down, grabbed his youngest son’s things, “well, I should get going...if Yitao comes back, just let him know I’ll be in his father’s office,” he grabbed a small lunch box from the bag, “can you believe...my husband can be forgetful sometimes.”

Both chuckled.

“Well, it was nice meeting you Eden,” Tao nodded, “work hard.”

With that Tao started to take his leave, heading down the hallway. “He looks so familiar.” He mumbled to himself, “who does he look like?”

As he continued to walk, he turned the corner, heading straight to Kris’ office. He knocked twice, waiting for Kris to respond.

“It’s open.” Tao opened the door, being immediately greeted by the other. “What brings you here?”

“Hm-hm,” Tao brought up the lunch box, “this might ring a bell in some way…”

“Why do you...oh...oh okay…,” Kris placed the papers on his desk, “I forgot…”

“I know,” he chuckled, as he entered the office, “that is why I brought it over.”

“Thank you Tao. Life saver.”

Tao placed the lunch on top of the desk, looking at the other with questioning eyes. He tilted his head, left and right, studying Kris.

“W-What?” Kris leaned back when Tao leaned forward. “Is there something wrong?”

“Hm...not really…,” Tao leaned back, placing his hands behind his back, “I think...I know why Eden looked so familiar.”

“Oh, you met him?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“But uh...you said something about him?”

“He looks like you.”

“Come again?”

“But a much more younger version of you.”

Kris became poker faced. “Well then --”

“And a good looking one. Very cute.”

“ -- okay that is getting a bit hurt --”

“But I love you.” Tao said, patting the other on the cheek.

Kris puffed his cheeks. “And?”

“And you’re not that old...and you're the most handsome out there...” He replied, rolling his eyes.

“Now that's the right answer!”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Un...Un…” Jin fell back on his bottom, “un…” He yawned.

“Looks like Jin had an eventful day.” Xiuchen beamed, as he watched the younger rubbing his eyes.

“He did. He was at the workplace for most of the day. Thankfully I was done with my shoot.” Yitao said, rubbing his own eye out. “He did cry though...because he saw some of the other male models around. It was funny at first, until he started to reach that high pitch.”

“And that is why you shouldn’t wait ‘till he gets worse.” Both Xiuchen and Yitao looked up to see Luhan walking in with a plateful of desserts. “Children don’t like to be restless.”

“I know auntie…”

Luhan placed the tray on the coffee table. “Xiumin and I made some dessert.” He smiled, “and I know, I know...models need to be picky with what they eat, but having sweets now and then isn’t bad right?”

Yitao chuckled, grabbing a fork from the tray, “Nothing wrong with eating sweets.” He cut himself a big piece, and started to eat. “Besides, I exercise.”

“Yeah, yeah we know.” Xiuchen rolled his eyes, cutting himself a small one.

Luhan sat down on the couch, continuing to talk with the two. It was pleasant, until Luhan brought up Baekyeol and wanted to know what was going on with the other. “And since he doesn’t call here at all anymore or even visit...I can’t help, but wonder what is going on.”

Xiuchen glanced at Yitao, wondering what he was going to say in reply. After all, Joonxing would tell him what was going on with Yitao time to time. Instead, he was shocked at how sad his expression was. He was certain that Yitao would have said something negative about the other.

“He is in good hands,” Yitao said softly, munching on his slice, “he has someone looking after him afterall.”

“Oh? Well, that's true,” Luhan placed his hand on his cheek, starting to remember the most talked about kiss, “hm...well, it would be nice to see him again. I miss his presence is all.”

“Yeah, same here.” Yitao stood up with his plate in his hands, “thanks auntie for the cake.” With that he started to head towards the kitchen. Confused, Luhan asked Xiuchen if he was alright.

“He is...he is just missing someone is all.”

“Oh?”

Xiuchen bit onto his cake. “Too bad that the person he is thinking of is already in a relationship.” He said mumbling.

“What was that?”

“Hm! Nothing!” Xiuchen shook his head. “Nothing at all.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As the weeks passed, Baekyeol was starting to feel bored in Germany. After staying in Heidelberg for a couple of days, they headed out to Frankfurt, then to Fulda, then to Leipzig. It wasn’t until they landed in Berlin that Baekyeol was starting to get bored. Most of his days weren’t being spent outside of their 5 star hotel; it was mostly him in his moment of sewing.

From the amount of fabric that he got at the local shops, him buying his own little, portable sewing machine, and even sewing equipment, he was stuck in his hotel room making simple clothing.

Starting with shorts and simple tees.

To him, he was amazed at how ‘easy’ making clothes were.

“Again with that?”

Baekyeol looked up, seeing Yves with a cup of coffee in his hand. He stared down at Baekyeol who gave a simple nod. “Why?”

Baekyeol rolled his eyes. He answered his question multiple times and Yves still had the nerve to ask. “You know the answer…,” he brought up shorts number 12 up, seeing the seams and to make sure if any thread was sticking out, “but if I have to reiterate myself...it’s fun and it relaxes me. And, I don’t know why I haven’t gotten into this hobby sooner.”

“It is always sewing with you...why don’t you go out.” Yves knelt down to be at eye level with the other. Baekyeol could tell he wasn’t amused. “I’m bored being in the room.”

“And I’m having a hoot being here.”

With a deadpan expression, Yves had no choice. He leaned over, kissing Baekyeol on the lips. It caught the Beauty by surprise that he leaned back.

His face flushed and his heart began to race.

“I’m bored being here.” Yves said again. “Can we at least try walk around?”

“S-Sure,” Baekyeol placed the back of his hand against his lips, “just let me --”


“No, no more finishing up this,” he leaned over, grabbing the pair of shorts, placing them behind him, “too much sewing is going on and it's weird.”

“Weird?”

“Hm...well, not weird...no scratch that, it is weird because your attention is all on this. Now I’m starting to regret in getting you that small sewing kit for you...instead I should have gotten you a crossword puzzle.”

Baekyeol tighten his lips, and stood up. “I’ll just get ready then.” With that, he left room, heading straight towards the bathroom. He closed the door, a bit upset. All he was doing was sewing. ‘It’s a new hobby, damnit. Whats wrong with doing that?’ He shook his head, “he is getting on my nerves now…” Baekyeol mumbled to himself.

Now that he thought about it, Yves always wanted to do something with him. Just like any couple would want to do with their significant other. He had to admit, he wasn’t giving the other any time of day. ‘I should at least give him my attention,’ Baekyeol thought as he leaned back against the bathroom door, ‘we are...hm...a couple…now’ “I should at least give him my attention…” He pushed himself off the door.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol dusted his outfit from the dust as he and Yves started to walk down the city streets. It was quite cloudy, yet not rainy, which Baekyeol was happy about. He didn’t want any rain drops on his outfit.

Yves extended his hand out in front of Baekyeol, which made him raise an eyebrow. It wasn’t until Baekyeol’s mind clicked. Yves wanted to hold hands.

He gave a small, yet weak smile; he gently took hold of the other’s hand.

“Is it weird for you?”

“H-Hu?”

“Weird...is it weird for you to be holding hands with me?” Yves asked.

It took awhile for Baekyeol to respond. He glanced down at their intertwined hands, with Yves on top. Baekyeol didn’t find it weird at all.

He didn’t feel anything.

He always thought that he would have felt something while holding hands with a significant other. Anything at all.

Like a warm feeling.

But it never came.

“No it isn’t weird…,” Baekyeol said, “not at all…”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Weeks has passed and Eden was sure today would be the day. He glanced at the full body mirror that hanged right on the hallway leading out to the kitchen and living room. Eden was mumbling to himself, until Ichirou closed his door. He raised his eyebrow, seeing his good friend talking to himself.

“You’re becoming crazy,” Ichirou said, placing his cap on his head, as he moved behind the other, “mumbling to yourself like that.”

The two finally got a place after weeks of trying to find a best place that would accommodating for the both of them. And living together was no different than before. They were good friends afterall.

“I’m not,” Eden groaned, pulling down his beanie all way to cover his eyes. His face was flushed, “I’m just practicing.” He mumbled to himself.

Ichirou looked over his shoulder, before nodding his head. He started to head towards the kitchen, grabbing an apple from their basket of fruits. “Just relax man, the more you practice the more it won’t sound...how you say…natural,” he bit onto his apple, “and you want it to be natural right?”

Eden nodded like his life depended on it. Of course he wanted it to be natural.

Ichirou looked over at the clock, seeing that it was almost quarter ‘till noon. “You are going to be late for work if you don’t go like now by the way.”

“W-What?!” Eden rushed towards the couch, grabbing his messenger bag, “I’ll leave first then!”

“Obviously.”

“Bye!!” With that, Eden rushed towards the door, leaving their apartment. Ichirou took another bite; he started to chuckle.

‘Let's see how this will pan out.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Eden out of the taxi, and thanked the driver. He turned and started to walk on the sidewalk as quickly as he can.

But he soon started to slow down. Now was thinking about the other ‘thing’ that he had to do later today. He was getting anxious.

Eden checked his watch, squinting to make sure that he was reading the time right. He was a bit early to be heading out to work right now. ‘Maybe I should slow down a bit.’

As he started to slow his steps, his grip on his bag became tighter than the minute before. He was nervous. To him, he wouldn’t know how it was going to go and the thought of it backfiring hurt him.

“Eh? Eden?”

The said person quickly brought his head up upon hearing his name being called out on the busy streets of the city. His face flushed when he saw Yitao waving towards him. The more red started to become prominent when Yitao was approaching him.

“Hey-yo.” Yitao greeted, adjusting his fake, round glasses. “Whoa, you weren’t drinking were you?”

“W-What?! It’s almost noon...who would think of drinking at this time?!”

“Some people would.”

“W-Well, I’m not that type of person.”

Yitao reached over and patted him on the head, “I know you’re not that type of person. I don’t think you will be like that ever anyway,” he smiled, “you have work today?”

“Hm,” Eden nodded, “yeah, but I’m a bit early though.”

“Ah...well, what time do you have to be there? Maybe we could get a quick bite...or did you already eat before you left?”

“Hm,” he shook his head, “I actually haven’t yet...because I thought that I would be late.”

“Oh, then let's go and get something quick,” Yitao pointed towards his right side, “there is a nice resturant --”

“Restaurant? It’s a bit fancy don’t you think? Just for a quick lunch?”

“Hm? Well, I was going to say it was a small kind of restaurant...but we can head to a small cafe if you prefer.”

“O-Oh,” Eden started to feel embarrassed for cutting right in the middle of his sentence, “so-sorry...cafe does sound good. Nothing big, so it is perfect.”

“Great, then let's head out.”

Yitao ended up leading the way, with Eden right by his side.

Eden’s heart began to beat.

As the two arrived, Yitao told the other that he would order for the both of them. “Just a sandwich is enough…” Eden said, not really wanting Yitao to buy him anything big.

“That's it?”

“W-Well, yeah. That's it. Just a small sandwich would be great.”

“Okay...then?” Yitao opened the door to the cafe, while Eden took one of the seats just outside of the cafe. It didn’t take that long for Yitao to get their food and their drinks. He looked up, seeing Yitao coming over with small brown paper bags. “I got them to go. So, if you don’t finish, you can bring it to work and eat it later.”

‘So caring…’ “Thank you.” Eden reached out and grabbed the bag. He opened it and saw that Yitao did not only got him sandwich, but also a few cookies. “You didn’t have --”

“I don’t mind,” Yitao opened his bag as he sat down right in front of the other, “besides, they looked good and I thought that you would enjoy them.” He replied, biting his sandwich. Yitao turned his head towards the side, watching the people walking by. While he was occupied with what was around him, Eden continued to stare at the other.

His heart began to race once again.

Without even thinking, he stood up abruptly, causing Yitao to jump in his seat. He turned his attention to Eden, looking up to see him standing. Just as he was about to ask what was wrong, Eden beat him to it.

“W-Would you please go out with me?!”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

*mistakes? there are some in there. i just know it. i can feel it. FEEL IT (touches your face) FEEELS*


i tried to make it longer, but i just couldn’t. i'm just too tired. so i thought that this would be a great break point...or cliffhanger or something until the next chapter. which will be two years from now. hope you can wait ‘till then WAKA WAKA WAKA!!!

i’ll try not to make people wait that long. but you know, life happens.

so peace out.

until next time.

 

NOTE(S):
quotes [1]