ch14

Model Complexity

※ please pardon any mistakes.

※ it has been two years :T since the last update??

※ events / elements are changed to fit with the story

※ i'll be honest...i cannot remember if joonxing & xiuchen confessed to each other or not. even with my notes and horrible handwriting...i can't figure it out : / i may have repeated that part here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Alright everyone, places...places!”

The coordinator said as he was instructing the models to be in their places. It was the day to showcase Seoul Count Fashion Week, and it was very much packed with reporters, cameramen, makeup artists, and even celebrities from all over and flew to Seoul.

“Ah, Kris!” The Philippine designer, Iris Duico-Valderama, waved over to her good friend and approached him and his son. “Must be exciting, yeah? How are you Yitao?”

“Doin’ alright.” Yitao placed his hands in his pants pocket, giving a laid back shrug. “Not nervous if that is what you are thinking about. Me being nervous would be odd don’t cha think?”

“Absolutely,” she chuckled, “that is what I want to hear! Unlike your father here,” she gestured her hand over to Kris, who displayed a nervous expression, “Kris, just don’t faint out there. That is all I have to say.”

“As if I am going to happen! Just give me a minute!”

“Calling Mr. Wu! Five minutes, Mr. Wu!” The coordinator said in his headset that made its way to the backstage speakers. Just hearing his name caused Kris feel his heart rate speed up.

“Jeez, I don’t get why I am like this. This is something that I’ve done before, and yet here I am panicking.” Kris was just about to run his fingers through his hair, about to ruin it, but Yitao quickly grabbed his father’s hand, giving it a tight squeeze.

“Don’t worry about it...you know that it will turn out great.” Yitao assured, “I mean, I’m in it...Joonxing, Eden, Ichirou are here.” He gave a ‘fighting’ expression, “This will go well.”

Iris smiled at Yitao, nodding her head in agreement. “Go Kris...or you will be late. I’ll bring Yitao to change and get him styled.”

“‘Kay…,” he turned to Yitao and gave a smile, “thanks.” He patted his son on the head back and turned to head towards his call.

“Knowing how your father works and the outcome of his designs, he is exceptional.” Iris complemented, “everyone is going to love his creations for these suits. It is him, and going back to your roots is always the best.”

Yitao nodded in agreement. “Ah, this way right? To change?”

“Yes. Yes, this way.” She gestured to Yitao’s right. WIth thanks, she watched Yitao made his way over to change.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

After a successful runway show, many critics, reporters, and celebrities praised Kris’ designs of his suits, going back to his roots and style. “Very clean cut and classic. Classic is what I can say about this.” Said one fashion critic, “It is like Kris came back. Truly. I’ve seen some ups and downs from Kris, and honestly it was a bit saddening to see a great designer like him go into a ‘yo-yo’ phase, but this is the fashion industry. It is harsh.”

“I agree. Classic and even a modern take to it in his designs. Perfect.” Said another critic.

Praises left and right were coming from the audience, and even one reporter made her way to Yitao, wanting to ask his opinion of his father’s successful fashion runway show. “I interviewed your father, and he looked a bit nervous about this whole show, but with many people saying that it was a success, I’m sure that he will be able to sleep well tonight.” She chuckled, as well as Yitao, “May I ask, what do you think of your father’s show?”

“Hm, well...just like what they said. I’m proud...and I’m grateful that my father gave me the opportunity to walk in his show. I’ve been out of the game for so long...by that I mean walking on runways. Um, I was equally nervous, but I had to be strong for my father, so I put up a face, you know.” He lightly laughed, “My father did well. He did well.”

The reporter nodded her head, continuing to ask Yitao questions. As he was preoccupied with the interview, both Eden and Ichirou were standing from afar, away from the interviewers. As Eden watched from afar, he started to smile lovingly at him. ‘He did a great job! Ah, I’m proud of all of us.’

Ichirou took notice and nudged him playfully. “I’m proud of you guys.”

“Hm? You mean you’re proud of all of us, right? I mean we all were in that show.” Eden corrected, but Ichirou shook his head, “huh? Not that?”

“I meant that I’m proud of your guys’ relationship. You’re happy, and he is happy. Happy vibes are always good.”

“Oh...yeah. I agree.” Eden nodded, “I just hope that...our relationship will last.” He said sadly, letting his smile falter. Deep down, he knew that Yitao wasn’t the type of leave a relationship, but then again, this was his and Yitao’s first relationship together and anything could happen. “Hm, I just worry.”

“Worry? You have nothing to really worry about. If Yitao happened to do something terrible towards you, assure you that I’ll be punching him in the face...then running away afterwards because you and I know that Yitao will drop kick me.” He laughed, which caused Eden to laugh as well.

Yitao looked over at the two of them while still being interviewed. Both Eden and Yitao made eye contact, giving each other a small nod and a smile.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Finally, we are home.” Yitao yawned as he closed the door, “I am...exhausted.”

“Indeed...congratulations by the way you two.” Chanyeol beamed as he closed his side of the car door. “It was spectacular!”

“Thanks, Chanyeol.” Kris gave a small smile. “It is nice to know that people enjoyed them.” Kris glanced down at his carry-on bag. “And to add on the success, I received a lot of offers from various brands.”

“Hu?! No way!” Chanyeol congratulated Kris once more with another achievement, “They are going to use your suits for commercials or something?”

“Hm,” he shook his head, “they really liked the models.”

Kris, Yitao, and Joonxing made it home after a very successful runway show, now tired and ready to sleep. However, Chanyeol couldn’t stop being excited for the brand offers that Kris received. “We should tell everyone! They surely would be happy to know that you got these brand deals.”

“Tomorrow. It is kinda late right now.”

“But --”

“I know you’re excited. I'm excited as much as you are.” Kris chuckled.

“I guess.” Chanyeol placed his hands in his pant’s pocket, taking out the keys. As he opened it, they were greeted by everyone in the household.

“Ah!” Tao beamed, “you’re all back! Welcome home!”

“We are ho--”

“Kris was offered brand deals!!”

“--me. Alright…” Kris sighed.

“I’m sorry!! I can’t wait. This is just good news.” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out playfully, “Don’t be mad…”

“Really?” Tao said with amazement. “That’s great! Why didn’t you want to say anything?”

“Yea! You know...I bet he was going to wait until tomorrow.” Xiumin said as he crossed his arms together, “He would do something like that. He has done something like that.”

“Well...it was late. Plus, the news will still be like that tomorrow. It’s not like it is going anywhere.” Kris assured, “But yes. After the show, a few brand reps came up to me and asked about the models.”

“Models?” Tao looked over at Yitao and Joonxing, “You two?”

“Eden and Ichirou,” Yitao added, “them too. It was all four of us.”

“They liked them. And since they are under our care, they asked if they could represent their brands. I briefly read it...they would like to pay for everything...like the shoot and Yitao and the others have to be the face. Apparently, the CEO of each brand really likes them.”

Yitao nodded, “And this is good too. I’m sure they would let us wear dad’s suits while we model for their brands. A win-win situation don’t you think?” Tao smiled happily as he nodded his head in agreement.

“That sounds great!” Luhan gave a thumbs up, “This is really a turning point! What are the products? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Fragrances, accessories, and makeup...those three.” Joonxing answered, “Personally, I want the makeup one,” He beamed, “I think my face would work perfectly for it. Yitao and Eden may be handsome, but I am way more charming.”

“Yeah, yeah…,” Yitao pinched the other’s cheek, “keep talking and I’ll make sure that your cheeks are red.”

“S-Stop!!” Joonxing whined, “I was joking! Joke!” Once Yitao released him, Joonxing took his bags and started heading up to his room with Yitao following. “Don’t!!”

“Naw, you pissed me off,” Yitao jokingly said, “Respect me!”

Chen turned towards Kris, “Were you surprised at all? I mean, I would be.”

“I was. No lie. I was surprised when the representatives came up to me, but at the same time, I thought that this would be a great opportunity. Not only for me, but for the boys as well. A fashion house boost and I want people to see Yitao as mature now.”

“Agreed,” Sehun said, “more importantly, we want to see you happy and your household thriving. This is good.” He nodded, “We are proud of you. I hope you know that.”

Kris chuckled, “I know. Thank you all.” He sighed a bit, “I know I’m tired right now, but I want to look into these brand offers first, so I can give them a proper answer. I should also bring the boys to the meetings.” He nodded everyone a ‘good night’, and the others did the same. They started to head to their respective rooms, while Chanyeol headed out back to his apartment. Just as Kris started to head to his office, Tao tugged the sleeve of his suit. He turned. “Hm? Something wrong?”

“Erm,” Tao nodded, “I’ll make you coffee, and I’ll help you. I may not be that great in understanding what they have to offer, but I'll do my best.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“God damn it.” Henri hissed under his breath, “Everyone still likes him?” He scrolled through the article online on Seoul Count Fashion Week, and most reports were positive for Kris. It irked Henri that people were still enjoying Kris’ work, even if they were back to his old roots in making suits. “I don’t understand!” He tried his best to calm himself, “n-no matter. It won’t last anyway. Why worry...yeah...why worry about it…”

He exited from his tab, and minimized his screen on his computer. A knock was made at his office door. “Come in.” He said in an annoyed tone.

The door opened, revealing Yves, “Henri.”

“What is it?”

Yves closed the door behind him. “Did you see the articles about Seoul Count Fa--”

“I did.” He interrupted, “I did see it.” He bit the inside of his cheek, “but I don’t think that it will last. This is just a small boost anyway.”

Yves sat on one of the chairs that Henri had in his office. ‘Won’t last?’ he hummed, “What do you mean by that?”

His brother looked at him with such a serious expression, even leaning back against his chair. “Listen...Kris is a legend...there is no doubt about that, however...legends eventually wither away. People are always looking for what is new and exciting. These legends should step down and make way for the new...like myself. They are selfish for still being around.” Henri let out a sigh, “But if that is how they would like to play, then fine. And we’ve been doing fine. Having Baekyeol in my team has been a great asset. A lot of people love him, even though he wears feminine clothing, they all love him regardless. And because Baekyeol is with us, popularity drives netizens and future clients towards me.”

“Hm.” Yves nodded his head.

“I respect Kris a lot...and I owe him, but he should learn how to step down and make way for me.” He gritted his teeth.

A pause was made between the two, and Henri quickly changed the subject. “How is your relationship with Baekyeol going? Everything alright?”

Yves looked up, “Um…”

“Hm?”

“Well...uh…” Yves cleared his throat, ‘I...don’t want to tell him...it is a private matter between us...but…’ He sighed before adjusting himself in his seat, “Honestly, I think I should break it off with Baekyeol.”

“Hm?!” Henri widen his eyes in surprise, “Break it off? I thought you liked him?”

“I-I do, the gods know how much I love him...but I think that this is a bad idea,” Yves glanced down at his hands, twiddling with his thumbs, “I think that this is a bad idea to be a relationship with someone who probably doesn't even return your feelings...or even wants to be in a relationship at all. This is just unrequited love, isn’t it?”

“Oh...Yves…” Henri felt bad for this brother. He hated how the other was feeling, and he didn’t like seeing his brother like this. “Look...just give it some time. This is just a little...hiccup in a relationship. Plus, Baekyeol’s priority is work. Give it time, and he will come around.”

‘H-He’s right. I need to give it time.’ “Okay.” He said softly. ‘I understand that...but I am human too. I need to feel love too.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Thank you all for coming today.” Kris greeted the representatives of their respective brands once he entered conference room of his fashion house. “We are grateful that you all took time out of your busy schedule to come here.” He said, gesturing Yitao, Joonxing, Eden, and Ichirou, all bowing down to the representatives.

“Of course. Thank you for accepting our brands. And I think it would be right to say, it is an honor that you accepted, sir.” Said one of the representatives.

Kris nodded his head. “Well then...shall we?”

The meeting proceeded, and it was going fairly well. Kris asked the right questions, and the representatives answered accordingly. The models even listened attentively to what the representatives were saying, making sure they got all the information down. Yitao even demanding that they would wear his father's works along during the photoshoot. A bold move to ask, but none of the representatives has any complaints about the demand. After a two hour meeting, it came to an end. Kris and the representatives made the decision that Ichirou would be getting accessories, Joonxing would be getting makeup, while both Yitao and Eden would be getting fragrances.

‘What a great choice.’ Yitao smiled to himself, ‘our mature looks would go great with the brand. And Joonxing actually got what he wanted. Heh.’

“Thank you so again for meeting with all of us,” One of the representatives said as he and the others stood up from their seats, “it was a pleasure meeting you, sir.”

“No, no...thank you,” Kris smiled warmly, nodding his head at the representatives, “truly it is an honor for us. I’ll be looking forward into seeing Mr. Edmé Arceneaux in Paris for the fragrances with Ichirou in two weeks.”

“Yes.” The representative nodded her head.

“We best be going. Thank you again.” The representatives took their leave, while Kris and the others beamed at each other.

“With that taken care of, I gotta head back to work. So, see y'all later boys.” Kris exited the conference room, while the others stayed behind. Happy with the success of the meeting, Ichirou couldn’t wait to meet up with the CEO of the fragrances that he would be modeling for.

“You’re that excited?” Yitao asked, “What? Is this going to be your first time modeling for a brand?” He chuckled.

“Yea? Why?”

“Huh?” Shocked at the answer, Yitao continued, “Ah...ha, yeah right. You’ve never modeled for a brand before?”

Ichirou pursed his lips, shaking his head ‘no’. “Not really. I mean, I never had a chance being in LBR.” He shrugged his shoulders, “I tried to shake it off anyway, so…” He let out a weak chuckle, “I’m over it now, obviously.”

“But...what did you do exactly?” Joonxing asked, feeling bad for the other.

“Well, Baekyeol --”

“Of course.” Yitao sighed, “Lemme guess...he wanted it all.”

Ichirou hesitated, but nodded his head. “Yes…” He said softly.

Yitao clicked his tongue in frustration, “Yeah...that is him. Ichirou, I’m sorry that happened…”

“Hm? Why apologize? It wasn’t you.” Ichirou laughed, “Ah, no need to apologize, Yitao. Besides, I couldn’t stay mad at him. This is Baekyeol we are talking about.”

The models were about to head out of the conference room, when Xiuchen came knocking at the door. “Eh? Xiuchen?” Yitao was caught off guard, “What are you doin’ here? Aren’t you supposed to be at school?” He placed his hands on his own hips like an angry parent.

“We had a short day today,” Xiuchen replied, “I passed your dad on the way here. He said that you guys were still here. Plus,I made everyone lunches!” He showed off his cooler bag that he was carrying. “I know that you guys have a long day today, so I prepared small lunches for everyone!” He passed Yitao and placed the cooler bag on the conference table. As he opened it, he handed everyone their lunches.

“Xiuchen is so kind!!” Ichirou took the lunch box willingly, “Be my wife.”

“No.”

Ichirou clenched his heart, “That hurt…”

“Thank you so much,” Eden took the small lunch, “Xiuchen is kind.”

“He is kind.” Yitao took the lunch that Xiuchen handed him. As he opened it, it was sweet potato burger with tangerines and small salad on the side. ‘Looks so good. Ah, Xiuchen will definitely be a chef -- ha?!’ “Why is Joonxing’s different than ours?!”

“Hm? What? I made food.” Joonxing’s small lunch was filled with chicken skewers with lettuce, coconut rice, strawberries and blueberries for his fruit, and a small side salad. All of Joonxing’s favorites wrapped in one.

‘No matter.’ Yitao glanced over at Joonxing, knowing that he would be happy. ‘And I was right.’ While Xiuchen was talking with Joonxing about his day, the other could only smile and gave loving gaze towards him. Yitao gestured Eden and Ichirou to leave the conference room with him. They nodded, and snuck out of the room successfully.

‘Hm? Hm?! Wh-Where they go?!’ Joonxing panicked once he realized that the others left. With him and Xiuchen alone, he started to feel his nervousness come over him. ‘I have...to be calm and collected. Hm, right...right.’

“Joonxing.”

“Hm?! Y-Yeah? I’m listening!” Joonxing sat up in his seat, now attentive, “Yeah?”

Xiuchen chuckled, ‘Yeah he says.’ “Oh, how is work coming along? And the meeting?”

“G-Great! Fantastic actually. I mean, Yitao is here, and Eden and Ichirou are here too! Everything is goin’ great.” Joonxing nodded his head, “Everything is lookin’ up. Um, what about you? School is obviously hard. How are you holding up with your studies?”

Knowing that the other wanted to keep the convo going, Xiuchen replied that he was doing fine at school. His studies were average, but at least he wasn’t falling behind in any of his subjects. “Though, the students always come to me...everyday...especially the girls.” Xiuchen leaned back in his chair, clearly irritated.

‘How cute.’ Joonxing chuckled, “I’m sorry. I’m sure it is about the models, yeah?”

“Absolutely!” He retorted, “T-They always ask me to set up...like a day to meet you guys...always asking if you guys are dating anyone. I-I can’t stand it,” He turned his head towards Joonxing, “I really can’t.”

“I didn’t know that it bothered you this much.” ‘This is not good…Xiuchen is unhappy…’ “Maybe I should talk with Yitao and the others, and even Uncle Kris, about this. Maybe if we do a meet and greet thing --”

“N-No! Don’t do that!” Xiuchen stood up from his seat, “T-That would be a bad idea!”

“Wha? H-How so? That way --”

“Just...no!” Xiuchen leaned over and wrapped his arms around Joonxing, hugging him tightly, “Then I won’t be special,” he tightened his grip, “I don’t like sharing.”

‘Sharing…’ He patted Xiuchen on the back, ‘Oh…’ He blinked, ‘wait a minute.’ “Hold on...you...do you, um…” When he tried to get a glance at Xiuchen, the younger couldn’t even look at him. “X-Xiuchen do you...”

“I, um...I --”

“Excuse me! Sorry!” Ichirou peeked inside, “I can’t. I can’t wait...this is goin’ on for way too long. I can’t,” Ichirou sighed as he leaned against the door frame while eating his small lunch, “to speed this up. Xiuchen likes you. By like, he means he freaking loves you. So freakin’ much. Joonxing? The same. Absolutely the same.”

“You!!” Xiuchen turned his attention at the other, “You...you ruined it!! I was going to tell him!!”

“No, no. You were slowly going to tell him. You’re too slow. I couldn’t wait. It’s like one of those things that irritates me. These cupids are flying everywhere.” He gestured with this hands.

“I don’t like you. I hope you know that.” Xiuchen blushed, “you are one of those people that ruin moments!!”

In the midst of their bickering, Joonxing was trying to comprehend what just happened. ‘So...he likes me? He actually likes me?!’ His eyes widen, “He really does!!”

Ichirou and Xiuchen turned to Joonxing’s sudden outburst. The younger blushed as Joonxing leaped from his seat hugging him tightly. “Wh-What are you doing?!” Xiuchen was caught off guard by the sudden action. Trying his best to pry off Joonxing, the other tightens his hold and nuzzled his head on top of Xiuchen’s.

“I am so happy! The feelings are finally mutual!”

‘Finally.’ Ichirou took the opportunity to slip out quietly once again and closed the door behind him.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Thank you!” Baekyeol said as he got off from the taxi cab. He shut the door and turned his heel to head to the Empire building. The sun radiated bright upon the city, and to Baekyeol, he felt like it was going to be a good day. He entered the building, ready to work when he met up with Henri on the way. “Oh! Henri!” He waved, greeting him a ‘hello’.

“Baekyeol, right on time,” Henri pointed at his watch. “Good. Everyone's upstairs waiting. I have a meeting to go to, so I won’t be here for the rest of the day. Yves is here, so just tell him whatever it is that you need, alright?” Henri passed Baekyeol, but the model spoke.

“Um, before you leave...can I ask you somethin’?”

“Erm…,” Henri checked his watch. He sighed. “Yeah, what is it?”

“My portfolio.”

“The what?”

“You know, my drawings and stuff...fashion designs?”

‘This again...my god…’ “Baekyeol, I am a busy person. Just...I’ll get to it when I have time, and I don’t have time right now,” He excused himself and turned his heel to exit out of the building. “You better hurry now.” Henri said as he looked over his shoulder, “Don’t worry about it, Baekyeol. I’ll get to it.”

“Right.” Baekyeol sighed, “Well...yeah, he will get to it.” He mumbled under this breath. He did what he was told and made his way to the photoshoot for Henri’s latest collection.

Once he opened the door, he was immediately greeted by the photographer and the assistatants. Ignored their greeting, Baekyeol made his way over to his personal changing room.

“And here we go.” Said one of the assistants, rolling her eyes in the process, “make way for the Queen.”

“Shh! He might hear you...and I just got this job as a makeup artist, I don’t want to mess this up.” The makeup artist said as he grabbed his bags.

“I...wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Said the assistant, trying her best to warn the rookie. He ignored her and followed Baekyeol to his private room. He knocked on the door, “Baekyeol? I’m one of the makeup artists that --”

The door swung open and the makeup artist was taken back at the sudden action. Baekyeol glared at the makeup artist, looking at him up and down, “You must be new.”

“Uh, yeah --” 'How did he know th --'

“I really hate people like you. Trying to be goody-goody with us top models just so that you can actually keep this job.” Baekyeol crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. The makeup artist hesitated in responding back, “Hmpt...if your work , I’ll make sure that this will be your last day.” Baekyeol closed the door in front of the makeup artist.

‘Oh jeez…’ The assistant quickly made her way over, comforting the rookie to the best she could. “That’s why I said don’t go knocking on his door.”

“I-I thought you were kidding!”

“Oh...no. No, no, no. Other guest models that come here to model with Baekyeol. Yes, you can approach them...but Baekyeol is different. He will summon you when he needs you or Yves would call for you to head in.” She continued to ease the rookie when Yves came into the photoshoot room.

“What happened?” He asked once he saw the makeup artist almost on the verge of tears.

“I-It’s nothing. I got this handled.” The assistant proceeded to inform Yves that Baekyeol is here, waiting in his personal room. “I’m sure that he is also irritated because...er, Noel,” she gestured towards the rookie makeup artist, “knocked on his door. But I assure you...it was my fault. I didn't tell him ahead of time.” She lied.

‘Oh boy…’ Yves sighed, “well, alright then. Um, I’ll handle this. Noel...it’s fine. Let this be a lesson for you, got it?”

Noel slowly nodded, trying his best to compose himself. Yves headed towards Baekyeol’s changing room, knocking before he headed inside. “Baekyeol...it’s me.”

“Tch, fine. Come in.”

Yves opened the door, seeing Baekyeol still lounging around. “What are you waiting for? Baekyeol you have to get changed for the photoshoot. It’s going to be a long day today...the faster you get ready the faster this shoot will go.”

A groan was heard, but the model stood up, “alright.”

“Great.” He let out a small smile, “I’ll call in the stylists to bring in the outfits. My brother already put the outfits in order on which needs to be shot first and --”

“Yeah, yeah. Got it. Now leave.” He shoo’d the other.

Yves took his leave first. As he closed the door behind him, he gathered every employee that was working that day, informing them what needs to be done. ‘Hopefully, we will be done before midnight. Henri hates it when he go overtime…’ He sighed, “you two...erm, Claude and Aimée is it?” The two said stylists looked up, “you two are up.” Yves gestured to head in and style Baekyeol with outfit number one that Henri set out first.

“Right.” “Roger.” The two said and quickly gathered their things and the first outfit. Yves followed, just to make sure that the two don’t make the Precious Rose annoyed than he already is.

“Baekyeol, I’m letting Claude and Aimée take care of you today,” he said as he opened the door to let them in, “alright?”

“Hm.”

“You two know what to do.” He said.

“Yep!” Claude beamed, “leave it to us, sir.”

“Great, while you two do that, I’m going to speak with the photographer.” Yves took his leave once more and headed to the staging area to meet up with the photographers. “My apologies...Baekyeol is getting ready as we speak.”

“Hm? You...oh! You must be Yves, right? Henri’s brother?”

“T-That’s me. Yes.” He replied with a nod. The photographer extended his hand and shook hands with Yves.

“I hope you don’t mind...I have a new assistant with me today...I’m sure I’ve mentioned him at some point, Alphonse. My usual had an emergency to attend to...and I didn’t mention to Henri. That won’t be a problem would it? It might be a bit slow since my assistant is new...but he picks up very quick.”

“That’s fine. I mean, as long as we get the same result, am I right?”

“True.” The photographer chuckled, “I’ll get ready.” He turned and saw his assistant coming towards him, and the two quickly set up the camera, while the employees of Empire set up the stage for the photoshoot.

In fifteen minutes, Baekyeol was escorted out by Claude while Aimée picked up the long train behind Baekyeol. The Precious Rose was all dolled up, dressed in a wonderful gown, and hair straighten and tied in a high pony. Yves’ cheeks ended up turning slightly pink at the sight.

“The top model is here.” Claude said, as he guided Baekyeol to the stage, where he sat down on a luxurious couch that was on set.

“That was quick. Well, I shouldn’t underestimate Henri’s employees,” the photographer said, “everyone here works fast.” He said with a chuckle.

‘Yeah, well...if you’re not up to Baekyeol’s expectation...you will be fired immediately.’ Claude continued to smile at the photographer. “All yours.”

“Thanks Claude.” Yves patted him on the shoulder. He stood close to the computer screen, making sure that everything will go smoothly once the picture was taken and displayed. ‘Good, everything goin’ smooth so far. Henri put so much on me…’

Claude made his way and stood by Aimée with their essentials at hand in case they need to do touch up. While the photographer did his job, the stylists quietly talked among each other.

“Excuse me.” Both Claude and Aimée turned their attention to the photographer’s assistant. “Is that...really the famous model, Baekyeol?”

“Eh?” Aimée placed her hands on her hips, “you seriously don’t know who that is? Are you living under a rock? That is Baekyeol.”

“I...I apologize...this is actually my first time seeing the famous model at work. I knew he was pretty, but I didn’t think he was that pretty.” Alphonse was really in awe when he saw Baekyeol at work. 'Spectacular.'

“You falling for him or something?” Claude asked with a smirk on his face, “I mean, nothing wrong with that. A crush if fine.”

“Honestly, he is beautiful...and definitely my type.”

‘Huh?’ Yves’ attention immediately went from Baekyeol to the conversation that was happening right behind him. Alphonse continued.

"Though, I heard that he is taken by...erm, him.” He gestured to Yves with his head, “you think they are still together or --”

“Ahem.” Yves looked over his shoulder, eyes piercing straight at Alphonse, “we are working...I’m sure you can see that can’t you?” His voice stern and intimidating that Claude and Aimée were taken by surprise. It was the first that they heard Yves spoke to them like that.

“Our apologies.” Claude said, ‘Yikes...I didn’t think we were that loud.’ He gently pulled Aimée and Alphonse a bit father back just so Yves wouldn’t hear their conversation. Yves watched as they started to retract their steps, still with that intimidating expression.

‘What in the world…’ Yves eased a bit; he bit the inside of his cheek, ‘I...jeez, I didn’t...mean to be like that.’ He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling guilty at the moment when he scolded the stylists and the assistant, but he couldn’t ignore the fact that they were speaking about Baekyeol, even questioning their relationship. ‘Tch...it’s as if we aren’t together. Are we not making it noticable?’ He widen his eyes, ‘of course we aren’t…sure we don’t act like a regualr couple, but Baekyeol is busy with work, but...’ “I’m human too...I have feelings and needs.” He mumbled to himself. Yves was feeling anger build up.

“Hm? Sir?” Yves glanced down at one of the employees checking the photos on the computer. “Did you say something?” He asked him.

“N-No...sorry,” Yves cleared his throat and resumed his attention back to the photos, “how are the images? Good?”

“Oh, yeah. This one and this,” the employee clicked back and forth on the images, “it is amazing as always. Baekyeol knows what angle showcase his best features.”

“Hm.” He watched as Baekyeol did his work, yet his mind was still in the conversation that the stylists were having with the assistant. Again, he started to feel rage built up inside him. Rage, even though they were doing nothing, but speaking about how wonderful and beautiful Baekyeol was. ‘It’s not like that boy was going to do anything…’ Yves thought, trying his best to calm himself, ‘nothing at all...but even so…if he did...I would skin him alive.’

“Geat work, Baekyeol!” The photographer beamed as he lowered his camera, giving a clap, “I think it will be good to change into outfit number two, hm?”

“Sure.” Baekyeol nodded his head; he extended his hand, waiting for Claude to him back to his personal changing room. Yves watched as Baekyeol and the stylists made their way back, eventually locking eyes with Alphonse. His eyes glared at him once more before gesturing him to help out with the photographer.

“You’re an assistant aren’t you? Do your work.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

While getting ready for the next outfit, Baekyeol sat in his chair, grabbing his headphones to plug into his phone. He found enjoyment in pretending to be listening to music on his phone. He found the stylists’ conversation more enjoyable than listening to his playlist.

“Ah, ,” Claude sighed, “those idiots...got the wrong...Baekyeol, Aimée and I would be right back. The wrong outfit was brought up here, and we need to get it. I’m gunna have Sophie and Éliane start on your makeup, alright?”

Baekyeol hummed in acknowledgement, and waved his hand. Claude opened the door and called for the two stylists. He instructed Sophie and Éliane on what to do, from eyeshadows and lip tints that need to be used. With that, Claude and Aimée quickly exited Baekyeol’s personal changing room. As the two started to work on Baekyeol’s makeup, the stylists started talking.

“Check it out, my boyfriend got me this bracelet from that store, Swan.”

“Swan? That expensive store just opened like three weeks ago? Éliane that place is freaking expensive,” the other stylist, Sophie, grabbed Éliane’s hand taking a good look at the bracelet, “diamond?!”

“Yep!!” Éliane beamed, “it was our anniversary too, so this was a surprise.”

“Hnn...I envy you...I wish I had a partner.” Sophie pouted, “all my partners were jerks and moochers. Ugh...but you know...that model, Hong Long, he has been all over the news lately and can’t get enough of him. Now he looks like he would treat you right. Not to mention exactly my type too.”

Baekyeol, overhearing their conversation, rolled his eyes at the comments that she was making. “Irritating.” He said with a chuckle that the two stylists turned their attention to the model.

“Pardon?” Éliane asked, “did you say something?”

“I did,” Baekyeol eyed the two stylists with an irritating expression, “I said that you two are getting on my nerves, and you...Sophie was it? You need to change your idea of an ideal man. That Hong Long model...please. Only stupid people would think of falling for that boy.” ‘No way in hell Yitao would be an ideal partner to anyone.’

“S-Stupid?” Sophie started to feel embarrassed, “I-I was just --”

“Excuse me...that was obviously rude.” Éliane interrupted, “what gives you the right to say that? So what if Sophie likes Hong Long.” ‘God...this high and mighty .’ “Look, we’ve put up with your , but seriously, you speak to us like that? You may have a high position than all of us, but we are human too!” She scoffed, catching Baekyeol off guard, “this is none of your business anyway. Listening to our conversation at that? Talk about pathetic.” She crossed her hands together; the two were having a stare down that caused Sophie to feel uneasy.

‘I-I shouldn’t have said anything! We will surely be fired from this!’

“You...why would you care anyway?” Éliane asked, “You must know him personally if you say that Sophie would be stupid to falling for him. So, what is he? Is he a horrible man? Has he done things that the news haven’t picked up yet? Has that fashion designer paid off news outlets to keep Hong Long’s name in a good light? Hm? Well?” She waited for a rebuttal, but Baekyeol didn’t give any. Éliane waited, until she finally remembered, “Holup a minute...you...you worked for Kris’ fashion house, right? The one that Hong Long is residing now. Yeah, that I remember…”

“And?” Baekyeol answered sharply. “I am just stating facts here. That guy is no good.” He turned his attention to Sophie, “best if you find someone else to admire.”

“Hm, such a...oh wow...wow, I see what is happening,” Éliane chuckled, “you act as if he is yours. You like him or something?” She smirked.

“Huh?!” Baekyeol turned his attention to the other, “say that again?” He gritted his teeth, ‘why on earth would she say something like that? As if Yitao is mine?’ "What a gross conclusion that you just made."

“You act like all those possessive es out there. Protecting what is yours. Aren’t you with the fashion designer’s brother?” She said, “loving another man are we? What...did he dump you for someone better? Aw, poor baby.”

Immediately, Baekyeol stood up from his seat and now at the same height as the stylist. He was ready to knock out the lights out of the stylist, but held his ground. Éliane smirked once more as she saw Baekyeol formed a fist on his right hand, “Now, now...no need to be violent, Queen.” She picked up her makeup brush, “we need to finish you up.” She patted him on the head, "sit...Queenie."

“Tch.” He smacked the hand away; he sat back down on his chair, “hurry up.”

Quickly, Sophie and Éliane did their job, finishing up Baekyeol’s makeup. ‘That stupid …’ The model thought, ‘how dare she laughs at me. Hmpt...we will see about that.’

The door opened with Claude and Aimée bringing in the correct outfit that Baekyeol needed to wear. Immediately, Claude could sense tension in the air. He cleared his throat, and told the stylists that they can leave, “we will handle the rest. Thank you for your hard work.”

Sophie and Éliane nodded their heads; they left the room, closing the door behind them. “Well, we will leave you to change,” Aimée said ““we will be back.” They took their leave, and Baekyeol changed into the second outfit. Thankfully, it wasn’t difficult as getting into a gown.

Once he finished, a knock was made and immediately opened. Baekyeol looked over his shoulder to see Yves coming in. “They are ready for you,” he extended his hand and waited for Baekyeol to take it. The model did just that, which made Yves a bit happy.

Yves gently pulled Baekyeol to follow him, but felt a tug. “Hm?” Yves looked over his shoulder, seeing the other staring at him. “W-What is --”

“I want those two gone.”

“Huh? Who?”

“The stylists, Sophie and Éliane...I want them gone.” He said with a poker-faced expression.

Hesitant, yet Yves continued, “Was there a problem? What happened?”

“I simply don’t like their presence. They irritate me.” He snatched his hand out of Yves’. “I don’t want to see their faces here. I don’t care if they cry and plead...they need to be done.” Baekyeol walked passed Yves to the door; he looked over at his shoulder, “do it. I don't like being unhappy. Henri doesn't his Precious Rose to be unhappy, right?” With that, he left his room, leaving Yves behind.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next day, Henri walked down the hallway of his Empire, greeting his employees left and right. He made it to his office, writing a few notes to himself and checking the schedules for the day.

“Come in.” He said as he heard knocks coming from his office door. The doors opened and entered were Sophie and Éliane. “Ah, and right on time,” Henri smiled as he pointed his watch “please sit down.” He gestured to the two seats in front of his desk.

Both Sophie and Éliane looked at each other with puzzled looks on their faces, but quickly made their way to the seats. As they sat down, Henri proceed to complement them on their hard work that they have done. Thinking it was good news and maybe a promotion to lead makeup artists, Henri ended up dropping a devastating bomb on the two.

“F-Fired?” Sophie said, choking on her words “w-what have we done to deserve that?”

“Your days here...are done. You’ve done everything great, but we have far more better makeup artists here that just...well, do a high quality job than you two.”

“High quality?!” Éliane screeched, “we’ve been doing great, just like you said! Not once our makeup has --”

“It is fine, Éliane. Many people experience burnouts.”

“B-Burnouts?”

“Unfortunately, we can't have that here. We need our artists to be top notch, ready to go everyday. Your work yesterday wasn’t that great...it was decent enough, but not Empire level. I’m sorry, but I do have to let you guys go.”

“You’re saying that we aren’t doing our work well?”

“Not that...just burnouts.” Henri shrugged, “don’t be mad you two...I’m sure that many others will take you in. Your works are subpar --”

“Subpar? You just said that our works were great!” Éliane could feel her cheeks heating up with anger. ‘This has to be Baekyeol’s doing for sure! Anything that Queen says, goes. I can’t believe this!!’ She abruptly stood up, “fine. We will take our leave. Let’s go, Sophie.” She turned her heel and stormed off, with Sophie trailing behind her.

They walked down the hallway, Sophie trying her best to ease her friend before her rage ensues. They walked by Yves, who watched them with walk out of the building.

‘I need to keep Baekyeol happy.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---