ch10

Model Complexity

Yitao sat criss-crossed on his bed, and started to open his pocky box. “Come...on --” The door opened quickly, and Joonxing popped in, calling out for his cousin, which scared the other a bit, causing him to rip up his pocky box and his pocky sticks flying up in the air. “And there they go…”

“Oops,” Joonxing covered his mouth, apologizing for entering so quickly, “my bad! But forget about those...did you see the articles lately?”

“About?” Yitao picked up the fallen pocky sticks and started to munch on them.

“You!”

“What about me?”

Joonxing rolled his eyes, and headed straight over to Yitao’s bed, sitting down, and showing the other his cellphone. Yitao looked over, seeing that his photo teaser was now in various websites as the main article. Joonxing switched over, and showed his SNS accounts. Twitter, he was world wide trending, top searched in Naver, and various facebook fan pages for him. The mysterious, Hong Long, started being popular. Just from a couple teaser photos.

“Wow,” Yitao munched on his pocky stick, “I’m popular.”

“I know right? And you are nominated for the new model award!!”

“Uh --”

“You didn’t check...did you.”

“For what?”

Joonxing pinched his cousin on the shoulder, which caused him to yelp. “For the 2015 Wonder Fashion Awards!!”

“Oh.”

“Don’t ‘oh’ me...man, Yitao…”

“What about you?”

Joonxing tighten his lip, shaking his head. “No...I wasn’t nominated for anything.”

“Oh...Joonxing, I’m sorry…”

“Hm. It’s fine.”

It bothered Yitao, that his cousin was acting like this. He never had a chance to ask his cousin how he was doing when he was away in France. With all the preparations for his photoshoots - him exercising to get more toned for the photoshoots, brainstorming with his father about the future plans for the fashion house, and then photoshoots themselves - he hasn’t really spent time with his cousin, asking him how he was.

“How was it...when I wasn’t here?” Joonxing bit his lips, hesitating about informing the other about what was going on in the work place. Just remembering brought back bad memories. His co-workers haven’t been treating him with any respect, calling him the ‘useless’ bird; that his cousin and Baekyeol were the real birds in the trio, and Joonxing was just an accessory. It started to anger the young Panda, hearing that the other models have been belittling his cousin. “Are you serious, Joonxing? Why didn’t you let my dad know about this?”

“Because it is true!” Joonxing said, “You and Baekyeol have always been on the top...and here is me...in the background…,” he wiped his eyes, “it , because I thought I would be able to hold our title even if you two weren’t beside me...but for some reason, I couldn’t...and I see it as my fault too that uncle isn’t doing well. With me as the model, I couldn’t sell the clothes...because no one pays attention to me --”

“Joonxing, shut the up.” The widen eyes coming from the other, shocked that his cousin cursed at him, but in the most monotonous way. “Do not say that you are useless...because you are not. You are part of the Dragon’s Birds, because my dad believes that you will do well in modeling, not because you are his nephew. Who told you that you were useless?”

“U-Um --”

“Who Joonxing?”

“I-I don’t want to say…”

Yitao let out a frustrated sigh. “Fine, then don’t say anything...but if I find out who they are, I’m gunna let them know how I feel about it.” Joonxing nodded, scratching the back of his neck. Yitao stood up from his bed, and tossed the now empty pocky box on his desk. “I’m gunna head to the gym...you wanna come with me?” He asked, opening his drawers to get out a clean white t-shirt, “it will be fun, right? Cousin bonding time or something.”

“Uh, I dunno...you know how I dislike the gym now…”

Yitao hummed, but nodded his head. He started to take off his shirt, revealing his fully toned, upper body. Joonxing frowned, now poking his stomach. ‘Maybe...I should head to the gym.’

A knocking from the door, and Yitao informed the other to come in. The door opened, and Xiuchen entered in, only to squeak at the half Yitao. He quickly covered his eyes, blushing a bit. “S-Sorry, but, um...breakfast…”

“Hu? Why are you covering your eyes?” Yitao raised his eyebrow.

“Well...you’re .”

“No I’m not...my boxers are still on,” he grabbed a white, t-shirt that had this favorite band on it, and started to put it on, “and now I have a shirt on.” Xiuchen peeked through his fingers, seeing that the young Panda now had his top half covered. He let out a sigh of relief. Yitao couldn’t help, but chuckle. “You’re so cute, Xiuchen.”

The young Bun puffed his cheeks out. “Ehh, I’m not...hurry up for breakfast.”

Joonxing watched as Xiuchen left the room with a noticeable blush on against his milky skin. Once the door closed, the other had his shoulders slump down, fumbling with his fingers. Yitao caught sight, and started to smirk a bit. He knew that his cousin was having a little crush on the young Bun. It was really no secret.

“Um, Yitao,” he started, “c-can I actually go with you to the gym after breakfast?”

“No need to ask.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Kris spent most of his early mornings, sketching and working on new designs for his line, going back to his old roots in designing suits. He was getting back into his old routine just like back then when he first started. Already created 7 suits, all perfect in how he wanted it, he started to create more.

He sighed, and putting his pencil down, and rubbing the side of his temples. He started to get a little headache.

“Kris,” the said person groaned, and laid his head on his desk. Tao entered the other’s work studio with a cup of coffee and a plate of warm, breakfast, “why don’t you take a break or something?”

“Hm.”

Tao raised his eyebrow, but called again. “Kris.” A little bit louder.

“Hm?”

“Breakfast.”

“Hm.”

The Panda rolled his eyes, placing the cup of coffee on his desk, and moving his sketch books to the side. “Eat and take a nice bath or something...so you can be at ease.”

“Hm...don’t wanna.”

“Well, too bad. Here,” he grabbed the fork and started to pick up some of the scrambled eggs that Xiumin made. He placed the fork in front of Kris’ lips, “here comes the choo-choo train.”

Kris raised his eyebrow at the other, and sat up straight in his seat. With a crack of his neck, he opened his mouth, and Tao fed him. “It’s good.” he said in between bites. He grabbed the fork and started to feed himself properly.

Tao looked around the studio, seeing the newly designed suits already on hangers, meaning that they were completely finished. He smiled, knowing that his husband is getting back into routine, especially when Yitao came back home. ‘Maybe Kris was missing Yitao’s presence too...’

“How is Yitao?”

“Hm?” Tao glanced over at Kris, “uh, he is doing fine. He went to the gym with Joonxing.”

“Oh...okay.”

“You missed him huh?”

Kris’ chewing started to slow done. Once he swallowed, he nodded. “Of course I did...though sending him to France, I was sure that Yitao could tackle this.”

“Yitao is still a young adult...21, Kris...that is still young.”

“In your eyes.”

“In my eyes, yes,” Tao sighed, “now that he is back...I feel better...and I’m sure you feel better too that he is here.”

“He has been helpful...helping me with the future of the fashion house. It still pains me though that I had to give up on the international stores...but...what Yitao advised...it does save money in my pocket.”

“When the time is right...you can re-open the stores again. For now, you are doing well," he started to rub Kris' back, "And you are nominated too for that fashion thingy award.”

“It’s called the 2015 Wonder Fashion Awards, babe. And Yitao is actually nominated as well, for the new model award.”

“Didn’t his photo teaser, or whatever it is called, just came out?”

Kris nodded, drinking his coffee, “Yeah. Netizens were a big part of it. They saw his photo and were really intrigued by him. At least that is how I see it. Funny that they didn’t realize that it was Yitao too, but since he changed his hair color and him wearing a mask...makes sense that they didn't recognize him at first.”

“Is he even considered a new model?”

“Well he was working for Henri...and broke ties with him, and is now back in my fashion house...plus, he is going under a new name as well...so it would be considered as a new model.”

“Ah, I see.”

“But yeah, he is nominated for a new model, even though he only has a few photos taken.”

Tao nodded, feeling a bit proud that his baby was being nominated for an award, even though, prior, it has always been him along with Baekyeol and Joonxing winning awards. This is absolutely first time that they are not together.

“Plus, we have two more award shows to go to after that...this is going to be one busy January and February once again.”

“Right...the Ethereal Couture Rewards, and International Face Fashion. Two big ones...I remember. Are you nominated?”

“Yitao is...again for the new model...most styled, most handsome...and another that I don’t remember. He is nominated for a lot...and Joonxing is also nominated for one award, which reminds me that I have to tell him...erm, and I’m also nominated, surprisingly.”

Tao let out a small smile. “I’m glad. My babies are getting awards.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“So, Baekyeol, what are you thinking of wearing to the awards that is coming up?”

The Beauty looked up from the binder that had many designs of dresses that Henri created. He tossed the binder on Henri’s desk, and leaned back in his seats. “I don’t like any of those.”

“Hu?”

“It needs to spectacular! It needs to be eye-catching! I want it to be so glamorous that I’ll be talked about in the news the next day.”

Henri nodded, agreeing with the Beauty. He has to look absolutely beautiful. “Okay, I’ll figure something about.”

“Great. And for the other two?”

“You don’t want to wear the same outfit?”

“No, thats going to be so stupid if I wear the same thing twice! Or in this case, three times.”

“So, three different dresses then.”

“Exactly, and yes,” Baekyeol clapped, “dresses will be very appropriate for these events.”

Henri opened his sketchbook, starting to get to work. He informed the other that he would try and get these done by the end of the day, “I’ll let you look at them, and you can choose which one you want to wear.”

“Perfect.”

“In the mean time, you may go home and rest. There are no activity today...so, yeah, go home and rest...and I'll let you know.”

Baekyeol shrugged, and stood up from his seat. “Alright, see ya.” With that, he exited the office, and headed down the steps. At the bottom awaited Yves, who was checking on his cellphone. He looked up, smiling a bit.

“Nothing for today?”

“Nope.” Baekyeol landed on the bottom step, “I’m all free for the day,” he said, adjusting the bag that he had over his shoulder, “well, I’m gunna head out.”

“Out?”

“Yes...out?” He eyed his agent, “why...are you not going to let me relax?”

“Erm, well, you can go out...it’s just that I would be happy to know that you are accompanied with someone.”

Baekyeol squinted his eyes, before rolling them over. “You want to come with me? Is that it?”

“I would be happy if I was.”

‘Tch...man...now I feel that I am being a babysat.’ “Fine…” Baekyeol walked passed him, gesturing to follow, “hurry up...I wanna go shopping in downtown.” Yves nodded, and followed him like a puppy.

Downtown wasn’t far, but a few minutes drive from the LBR headquarters. Yves took the liberty to drive the both of them over; after all, he had nothing much to do. If Baekyeol doesn’t have anything scheduled, he doesn’t have anything either. He could have rested, back in his suite, but instead he wanted to spend time with the Beauty. At the stop light, he took the opportunity to glance over, seeing the other fixing up himself.

Baekyeol was bare faced, all natural; he was dressed all casual, in his sense, with a nice, blue, denim, hooded coat that gathered in the waist, high waisted shorts - despite the January coldness - white, turtle neck inside, stockings underneath with thigh, high, creamed colored socks, with a pair of short, buckled, boots.

Once Baekyeol closed his compact mirror, he turned his attention to the other. “What?”

“N-Nothing...aren’t, erm, you cold dressed like that?”

“Not really. Gotta make sacrifices to look good.”

“I see.”

“It's fashion. Just eyes on the road.” He crossed his leg over the other.

The light turned green, and Yves pressed on the gas pedal. It was going to be a long day, but for the other, he didn’t mind spending it with Baekyeol.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao hummed, glancing over his textbook. Juggling over work and school, it seemed to be getting  stressful, yet he managed to get through it. A knock was made, and the door opened. He looked over his shoulder, seeing Joonxing peeking through. “Oh,” he shifted in his seat, “Joonxing, what's the matter?”

“Nothing...I just wanted to hang out here. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, of course,” he gestured over to his bed, “make yourself at home.”

Joonxing closed the door behind him, and made his way over to the young Panda’s bed. He looked through his shelf that was mounted on the side of his wall, searching for a book to read.

“You finished your homework?”

“Yep.”

“Man...you are fast in getting your work done…”

Joonxing chuckled. “It’s easy stuff for me.”

“I bet.”

Yitao continued to work on his assignments, while the other grabbed a book that looked fascinating to him. He checked the small, sized book, front and back, seeing that the title was said: Innamorato Innamorata. ‘Hm...Italian?’ He flipped through the pages, seeing that they were just quotes; long quotes, short quotes. All about love. ‘Why would Yitao have something like this...’ He eyed his cousin, but the young Panda took no notice. He flipped through page 7.

“If you love someone, be sure to hold them close. If you don’t, someone else will.” ‘Whoa...okay...’ He turned to page 10.

“A great relationship doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.” He turned to page 25.

“A relationship with no arguments is a relationship with a lot of secrets.” He turned to page 66.

“Sometimes it takes a while for people to move on, because it hurts too much. But sometimes those who say they’ve moved on really haven’t. Because they don’t want to get hurt again. They don’t want to feel vulnerable.” He turned to page 98 that had the small, blue sticky tag.

“You get in the biggest fights with the people you care the most about because those are the relationships you are willing to fight for.” Joonxing blinked; he glanced up at Yitao, and yet he was still at his work. He turned to page 99.

“I’m in love with you. I apologize for the blunt delivery, but as problematic as this fact may be, I am in love with you.”

He turned to the last page.

“If you truly loved someone, they would be worth the risk. No hesitations. No excuses.”

Joonxing stared at the page, longer than he should be. It was probably one of the few quotes that he saw that seemed the strongest to him. He started to ponder. It is true to an extent. If you really love someone, they would be everything to you. Everything to fight for. Your world, your light. Joonxing started to bite the inside of his cheek. ‘Does...Yitao still like Baekyeol...’ He closed the book, and turned to the first page, wanting to read all of the quotes in the book.

After 20 minutes, Yitao closed his textbook, and placed it neatly on the side of his desk. He turned to his cousin. “Well, I’m done.”

Joonxing looked up. “Oh? Thats good.”

“What are you reading?”

“Your quotes book...’Innamorato Innamorata’,” he showed him the book, “I didn’t know you like these kind of stuff.”

He was silent for a bit. “It is an easy read.”

“It’s all about love.”

“I know.”

“You have this page tabbed.” Joonxing showed the other, as if he didn’t know himself.

“I’m aware, thank you.”

Joonxing closed the book, and placed it on his lap. “Do you still like Baekyeol?”

“Seriously...you are going to ask me that?” He stood up from his desk, grabbing his textbooks to put them in his bag, “from that book, you assume that I still have feelings for that low life.”

“Yitao...it’s just, it feels that you still care. Especially the one that you had tabbed…”

“Well, I don’t.”

“It wouldn’t kill you let me in on this...I did have speculations that you two...well, liked each other, since you acted like kids when they like someone, they would tease, and provoke in a way...in a cute way. But your relationship with Baekyeol is like, full blown hate right now --”

“Have you not seen what Baekyeol has become? He has become this person that --”

“I’ve seen it...you shoved it down my throat a lot Yitao...so I’m sure I know. Baekyeol has become this person that you hate,” he sighed out, “what did you like about Baekyeol, before he turned into his person.”

“What?”

“What did you like about Baekyeol that made you fall for him?”

It has been a long time since he thought about it; so long that he forgot what he liked about the other. Having to look passed the rudeness, the pride, the overualized nature that he developed, he did miss one thing. Probably the only thing he wished he could see again, but was certained that he would never will.

He turned to face his cousin. He his dry lips, “his smile.”

Surprised at the answer, Joonxing raised his eyebrow. “His smile? He smiles all the time...in photoshoots or not, he smiles regardless. He is like a happy virus.”

“It’s fake.”

“And how do you know that?”

It took a second; how did he know that it was fake? Joonxing was right. Everyone smiles, but despite all of that, people - in Yitao’s case, himself - can always tell if the smile is fake or not. It didn’t feel warm like it used to. It didn’t feel genuine like how they were kids. That bright smile of his.

“I just know.”

Joonxing watched as Yitao’s eyes lowered, as if now tearful. “You miss Baekyeol...right?”

“I miss the past.”

“You know that Baekyeol was part of the past.”

“And Baekyeol that I see before me, for sure, won’t be in my future.”

His cousin placed the book back on his shelf. “You having a book like that...I don’t know, but it is making me think that you still might have lingering feeling for Baekyeol. And you are just ignoring it, putting hate in front because of what Baekyeol is becoming. Baekyeol can always go back to how he was before, if people tell him how he has been acting. It might make him realize how much of an he has been.”

Yitao chuckled. “I don’t think so.”

“You don’t think so?”

“I know that he won’t go back to his former self. It is impossible to go back if you are submerged with so much of yourself. And I don’t think anyone...not even his own parents can bring him back. He is in too deep in his illusion.”

Joonxing stood up from his cousin’s bed. “You could be the first to break that illusion.” He started to make his way over to the door, “‘If you don’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you lost.’...page 79...I like that quote.”.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was two days before the event and Yitao was in the midst of packing his things. Heilang watched as his master was walking back and forth from his closet to his bed. Thankfully for him, he didn’t have to pack many things.

“What do you think Heilang?” He showed his dog his sweaters, “this one with the owl, or this one,” he lifted up the sweater that was on his right, “the one with the words: galaxy fan, on it?”

Heilang blinked, before standing up and started to head out of his room. Yitao chuckled, and tossed the two sweaters on his bed. ‘Why not both.’

“Yitao,” the said person turned towards the door, seeing his mother coming in, “packing?”

“Yep.”

“You have your passport and ticket?”

“Right here.” Yitao grabbed his passport case, showing it to his mother, who took the liberty to check it for himself.

“Alright, good.”

“Where is dad?”

“He is downstairs. Why?”

“Nothing, I was just wondering.”

“Hm,” Tao placed his passport book on his bed, “are you...going to mention to Baekyeol’s parents about...you leaving him in France.”

“Well, I wasn’t going to. I don’t see it as any of my business to tell them...it should be Baekyeol to inform them.”

“I had a feeling you were going to say something like that.”

“Oh?”

“And so I told them.”

“What?!” Yitao turned around, “you what?!”

“I told them that you are back home. And that Baekyeol is left in France.”

“W-Wha...t-then what else did you say?”

“I told them that you will tell them why you left France. They are downstairs.”

“Mom! Why did you do that?!”

“Because...they are our friends. Friends that also took care of you when you were younger. Way before Baekyeol came into their lives. All they asked, just like what dad asked you to do...to look after their only son. Now that they know that you are here, they are worried about their son. Just explain it to them.”

“Can’t you do it?”

Tao crossed his arms together. “No, I can’t…”

Yitao groaned, ruffling his hair a bit. “But I don’t want to go and tell them --”

“Yitao, don’t make this difficult,” ‘guess Kris is right about one thing...if Yitao doesn’t something, surely he will find a way to avoid it all together,’ “go down stairs.”

It took a second, before Yitao shook his head. He walked straight passed his mother, and started to make his way downstairs. Every step he took, he started to feel his palms sweat.

At the bottom of the stairs, in the living room sat two of the most familiar people with his father. Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Kris looked up, “oh, Yitao,” he stood up from his seat, “good that you are here.”

“Um, yeah.”

Baekhyun stood up immediately heading straight for the other, “Yitao.” He said, hugging him tightly.

“Auntie...” Yitao wrapped one arm around the other. Baekhyun was short. Much shorter than he was. Just like Baekyeol.

Baekhyun didn’t take a second, but asked immediately. “Yitao...why...w-why isn’t Baekyeol with you?”

“Auntie...I-I left on my own...he still back in France...doing what he does best.”

“Why did you leave?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes filled with worry. Yitao bit his lip.

“I’m sorry...auntie, uncle, but if only you saw your son --”

“Yitao.” Kris interfered, but instead, Yitao continued.

“ -- you wouldn’t even recognize him,” he cleared his throat, “and I can’t stand...s-stand being around him. He is too different.” Yitao gestured towards the couch. As Baekhyun sat down, Yitao started to explain the reason more in depth. The more he talked, it started to pain Chanyeol, and pain Baekhyun even more.

To them, hearing what their son is becoming isn’t what they wanted to hear.

“H-How did this even happen!” Streams of tears fell from Baekhyun’s eyes. He turned towards Kris, asking the same question, but more with force. When Kris didn’t respond, he started to get angry. “I knew that this was a mistake!! A mistake from the beginning! We trusted you Kris, how did this happen to our baby?!”

“I honestly didn’t think that Baekyeol would turn out like that. If I spotted it, I would have informed him immediately.” Kris sighed, “I’m sorry, Baekhyun.”

“Sorry?! For real, you are telling me that?! My son is about to become this person that I didn’t raise him to be! And since Yitao,” gesturing out towards him, “is here, and my child is over there, I can’t be so sure that Baekyeol is safe! I don’t trust anyone else, but Yitao to be by his side!!”

Yitao tighten his lips. Not wanting to say anything else.

“According to Yitao, when I spoke to him yesterday about the issue, he said that Baekyeol should be in pretty good hands.” Kris looked over at his son, “right? You did tell me that.”

He nodded his head, slowly. “Yeah. Henri adores him...he wouldn’t do anything to hurt him, or not let Baekyeol be in danger. He is his Precious Rose afterall.”

“His what? ‘Precious Rose’?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow at the other.

“I assure you...Baekyeol is safe.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol raised his eyebrow at nothing in particular. He shivered a bit, feeling as if he was being talked about. With a scoff, he ignored it.

“Baekyeol, here you go.” Henri came in with the clothing rack with three different styled dresses. All the dresses were a cream color and has something lace within it. “So, the first dress you liked,” he pulled it out, “is right here.”

The Beauty smiled. The first dress was a strapless, silk-faced satin dress with a fitted waist. It was thigh high length in the front, while the back had a train, and lace t on the ends. Simple and clean and will be accompanied with a white, feather neck corset. The second dress deemed more cute; it was a sleeveless mandarin-collar lace short prom-looking dress, with a heart shape cut out on the front of his clavicle. And the last dress looked, in Baekyeol’s perspective, more elegant. A cap-sleeve lace ball gown wedding styled dress.

“Great.” He placed his elbow on the table, with his hand supporting him.

“Which one are you going to wear?”

“I guess I’ll go with the the strapless.”

“Okay, and just so you know,” he pointed out the window, “Venice is cold in this time of year.”

“I’m aware...I’ve been here before.”

“Right, sorry…” He started to hang the dresses on the rack. “I bet it brings back memories, huh?”

Baekyeol glanced out the window, watching the grey skies now dropping snowflakes. He was feeling exhausted, considering that they just arrived in Venice, Italy just hours ago. “Sure does.” It did bring memories back. He used to be a part of the Dragon’s Birds, but since he was - and pretty much - a solo model, it would be his first to be on his own. Standing on his own to be exact. He smile formed on his lips.

“What? You are excited for the awards?”

Baekyeol nodded his head. “I’m excited...to win those awards that I’ve earned by myself.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao yawned, and once Kris opened the door, Yitao immediately knelt on the ground, and laid his whole body on the ground, his feet still out in the hallway of the hotel. He was exhausted.

“Yitao,” Kris waked over his son, picking up his own luggage, “get up. Your long legs are blocking the hallway.”

“Gee, I wonder who I got my height from.”

Kris laughed. “My bad. I knew you should have your mother’s height, even though your biological mother was 183cm. Same height as your mother now.”

Yitao chuckled; he got up and brought in his luggage. “Guess it wouldn’t really make a difference.” He replied, closing the door behind him.

He entered the luxurious, venetian, hotel’s suite. Yitao scanned the whole room, and he was so sure that it screamed royalty.

“Yitao, you can take that room.” Kris said, pointing to the room right beside his.

“Why?”

“Well, I already walked into this one, and placed my coat on it.”

“Ah, I see how it is.”

Kris chuckled. “Besides, that room overlooks the grand canal...the Canałasso.”

“It does?” Yitao didn’t take a second for his father to finish his sentence. He entered his room, and headed straight for the window. As he opened it, the cold air immediately rushed in. ‘Oh geez!!’ He closed it as quickly as he could. ‘Bad idea to open it like that.’ He looked outside, seeing the snow fall from it’s grey skies. ‘It’s snowing.’

“Make sure you settle in...and later we will eat lunch, okay?”

“‘Kay.” Yitao said, without taking his eyes off from the window.

“Something interesting outside?”

It took a second. “Not really.”

“You know...Baekyeol is here. For the awards as well...you did bring that letter and that gift that his parents gave you right?”

The letter. A letter of assurance. They were Baekyeol’s parents and they were worried about their son’s well being. Just like any other parent would be about their child.

As for the present.

Yitao was shocked, but his expression didn’t show it.

So much of being submerged in his own hate for the other. He forgot that it was Baekyeol’s birthday.

January 21.

Tomorrow.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was the night of the awards, and for tonight Yitao was going to be known as Hong Long, the Red Dragon. He started to button up the cuffs of his pure, white colored dress shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror, seeing his slicked back hair, his face all primed and perfect for the occasion - a black eyeliner wing with the bottom wing underlined with ruby red, and with a smoky eye - despite the fact that his eyes would be masked with a venetian mask, a dark red tuxedo girdle, and black fitted pants.

‘To button or not to button,’ he thought to himself as he tilted his head to the side. His white button up was tucked in perfectly inside the tuxedo girdle, but his buttons in the front were , revealing his toned muscles. ‘Hm, I should leave the top four .’

As he finished buttoning them, he grabbed his coat from his bed and started to put it on. He fixed himself up, making sure that the emblem of his father was showing. Yitao smoothed it out, letting out a small exhale.

“Yitao,” the door opened, revealing his equally styled father in his own designs, “ready?”

“Ah yeah,” he grabbed his mask that was laying on his bed, “now I’m ready.” he replied, waving it in front of him.

“Okay, lets go...don’t forget your coat.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know.”

The two started to exit their suite, and headed to the grand stairway that led to the main lobby. As they descended down, it didn’t take a minute for everyone present to turn their heads. Men and women alike were awed about the presence the Wu father and son gave. Cool and sophisticated.

“Oh my god,” one of the desk ladies said to her co-worker in a hush tone, “they look so handsome!”

“Thats the Wu family...father and son. Papa Wu and baby Wu!”

“I wouldn’t have doubted for a second that they weren’t related.” The bell boy said towards the ladies. “Same height, same presence...wish I was like them.”

As Kris and Yitao started to walk passed them, Kris greeted them with a nod, while Yitao did the same, even shooting them a small wink and smirk.

All three employees blushed and lowered their heads, telling them to have a good night.

Yitao bit his lip, holding in a laugh. “Boom, pregnant.”

“Hush,” Kris shook his head, “don’t forget to put on your mask alright?”

“I know,” he placed his mask, the same one from the teaser photos, over his eyes, “looks okay?”

“Lemme, just…” his father fixed it for him, and button up his double ed coat. “There, all good. You feel warm?”

“Yep.”

“You don’t need any scarf or anything? It’s cold outside.”

“I think I’ll be fine. It’s not that far anyway, right?”

“Right. Well, okay, lets get going then.” Kris opened the door, and gestured for his son to head out first. “Oh the things that Baekyeol’s parents --”

“I have it in my pocket.” He patted his pant’s pocket. “It is all...all good.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Ah, Mr. Wu,” the said person turned facing one of his old time, acquaintances, “good that you are here!”

“Ah, Mr. Ricciardi,” Kris extended out his hand, “how are you? It’s been years.”

“Yes, yes it has. Eh, your new model? Si?”

“Hm, yes,” Kris moved to the side, showing off his new model, Hong Long, towards him.

“Piacere, Signor Ricciardi.”

“Ah, you know Italian like your Boss?” Mr. Ricciardi said in Italian, but Hong Long bowed in apology.

“I only know that much sir.”

“It’s okay, it’s okay. Nice that you know a little bit.”

“My son,” Kris started in Chinese, “you can walk around...the awards won’t start until later. Just meet me at our seats okay?”

“Hm,” Hong Long nodded, “excuse me.” He said towards the two. Mr. Ricciardi nodded, smiling brightly. As Hong Long left, Mr. Ricciardi could help, but praise the boy’s respectful nature.

“What a nice boy. How are the other three...are they here?”

“Ah, erm, no, they aren’t here...one is back at home, he wasn’t nominated...the other two...one works for someone else...and the other is...well, floating.”

“Floating?”

“I would like to think of it like that, yes.”

Mr. Ricciardi eyed the other, but laughed it off. “You know, you were always a funny guy. Thats why I like you the most.”

Kris smiled, “thank you.”

While Kris was still preoccupied with his old acquaintance. Hong Long made his way, weaving through the crowds. Many he remembered, and many new faces that he had to learn. The more he walked passed people, they couldn't help, but stare and and wonder who he was.

‘Keep wondering.’ He thought, sipping on his golden, colored wine. He head up the small steps, a bit away from the loud crowds, and constant staring. He ended up the main entrance way; the gorgeous, royalty inspired entrance way. The floors were shined brightly and polished for the occasion, the corinthian columns standing side by side, supporting the roof of the hotel that was hosting the event, as well as velvet stairways leading up to the second levels of various rooms. Overall it screamed Venetian. Time-honored and beautiful.

Yitao made his way over to a small table stand and placed his drink on top. ‘Oh?’ He picked up a large, light purple pearl colored, laced trim, Venetian fan. ‘It’s not warm, but,’ he started to fan himself, ‘this is nice...I should take this home...can we take these home?’

“This way,” Yitao looked up from the steps, seeing one the guests came in late, “it didn’t start yet, so we are still good.”

He squinted his eyes, seeing who the guest was, but with the oversize, fluffy, gathered-waisted coat the other was wearing, it was hard to make out the person.

However, once the person put down their hood, Yitao’s jaw dropped.

It was none other than the Beauty himself.

‘Speak of the devil himself,’ he took in a big sip of his wine, “I need more alcohol to get through this night…” he mumbled to himself.

As the Beauty, along with Henri and what Yitao thought to be Baekyeol’s new agent, came heading down the steps, the two did not notice him standing by the small, table stand, except for the Beauty himself.

The two locked eyes; Yitao did not move, not nod his head or give a greeting gesture. Instead he examined how the Beauty looked.

The strapless dress, his fitted waist, the short front and long on the back, a feather neck corset, and a pair of white pumps to fit well with the image. His lashes powered white with fake, feather lashes, and a clean eye make up. He looked pure and innocent.

Yitao glanced down at himself, chuckling a bit. ‘Black and white, the colors should he reversed don’t you think?’

Baekyeol eyed the other before widening his eyes a bit. He continued to walk with Henri and Yves. As they were away from far from Yitao, Baekyeol tapped his finger on his own cheek.

‘Certainly that is the new model...hm,’ he smirked, ‘too bad that he is going to loose.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was 15 minutes before the awards ceremony were going to start, and Hong Long was sure that he didn’t have enough to drink. On his third, he leaned against the wall, watching people interact with each other. He brought the large fan that he found an hour before with him, wanting something to play with before the time is up.

He finished his last drink, and placed it on top of the tray beside him. He his lips, nodding his head. ‘That is seriously good wine.’ He thought, already ing a few more of his buttons on his dress shirt. The heat was already getting to him.

While his attention was faced to the right, he quickly turned his attention to the person who was standing right next to him.

It was none other than the devil-beauty himself.

Baekyeol flashed his million dollar smile at the other, batting his eyelashes at him. To the Beauty, it would always work. In other words, they were a technique that could get him anything he deeply needed if the first plan didn’t work. Plus, it's smile that earned his way to the front of every magazine cover in France, and some internationally.

“Good evening!” He said in his most sing-song voice.

Hong Long squinted his eyes, but nodded his head in response. ‘Surely he will know my voice...’

“How is your night so far?”

Hong Long tilted his head from side side, implying that it was okay. Baekyeol eyed the other.

“Not much of a talker huh?” He placed his hands behind him, and leaned back against the wall. Hong Long shook his head ‘no’ casually. With a purse of his lips, he felt disappointed. He actually wanted to hear the other’s voice. Judging from his appearance that he saw before him, he believed that he had a deep, seductive type of voice. He just wanted to hear it. “I’m Baekyeol!” He started up again.

Hong Long nodded, knowing well who the other was. He started get a bit irritated when the Beauty started to talk about who he was, and who he was representing for, and among other things. From places he went, photographers he worked with, and how he was now the sole face of LBR.

‘The face? Where is Eden and Ichirou?’

Hong Long glanced down at Baekyeol who still kept on talking about his achievements while, the other was sure that a vein was about to pop out from his head. Not wanting to cause too much of a stir, he opened up the large fan, and covered both of their faces, away from the people. It shocked Baekyeol a bit, but it did sure stop him from talking. When the Beauty was about to step back, Hong Long didn’t waste any time and quickly wrapped his arm around the other’s waist, preventing him from moving.

“Well, this is unexpected,” Baekyeol smirked a bit, and wrapped both his arms around the other’s neck, much like a lover would, “usually, I wait for the guy to take me out and buy me food, flowers, and all that good stuff, but...for you I can make an exception. The most popular, new model that won millions of fans from just a few photos...teasers no less.”

‘What the --’

“I want to see your eyes.” Baekyeol started to head straight for the mask, but Hong Long leaned his head back, not wanting the other to know. “I bet your eyes are gorgeous.”

“Wai --”

Before he could stop the other, Baekyeol’s eyes travelled from his eyes to his exposed chest. His smile turned into a shock one. ‘That tattoo...wait I know that tattoo!’ He looked up once more, and grabbed the mask off from the other’s face.

The gelled hairs on Yitao’s head started to fall a bit out of place, falling over his eyes. His sharp gaze stared right back at the Beauty, not even changing his expression.

“You...Y-Yitao?”

“Where is Eden and Ichirou? Why aren’t they here?”

“How --”

“Answer my question first.” He held on tight on Baekyeol, seeing that he was already struggling to get out. “Stop moving, god, you’re annoying!”

“So you are Hong Long, I should have known! How didn’t I see that?!”

“Because your eyes are blinded.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Where is Eden and Ichirou?”

Baekyeol clenched his jaw, not liking how Yitao was still worrying over the other two, even though he left them behind. “Interesting...you still care.”

“Wha --”

“Leaving them all in their lonesome... to bad. They wondered why you left them, but do not to worry, I made sure that they wouldn’t worry about anything anymore.”

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Please, calm yourself. They are part time models. They still have work...but aren’t paid so much, unlike yours truly. They aren't up to par...if you know what I mean...well, I do hope you know what I mean.”

Yitao’s shoulders slumped down, shaking his head. “You want it all about you, huh?”

The Beauty didn’t respond, but it was an answer that they both knew. Of course Baekyeol wanted to be in the spot light. He wanted everyone to know who he is. He wanted everyone to bow towards him, and worship him like the beautiful queen that he proclaims himself to be.

“One day, Baekyeol...everyone is going to hate you.”

He scoffed. “Oh?”

“And no one is going to help,” he released his wrap from the other, “not even me. Because I hate you so much. The person you’ve become...I hate that person.”  

Baekyeol clenched his fists together, angry at what Yitao has said.

“Here,” Yitao dug into his pants pocket. He tossed the letter and the gift towards him, which Baekyeol caught, “from your parents.” He grabbed the mask, and placed it on his face once more. He folded the fan, and brought it down to his side, “happy birthday.” He said a bit too coldly, “I forgot all about it until they came over to our house. They asked about you...and I told them how it is.” He was about to leave, when he turned around again, “and you know what else...how interesting it is that you literally threw yourself to me, even though you thought that I was a new model. Really interesting...if the model that you see is popular and very handsome looking, you are willing to give your body to that person?” He placed his hands against his lips, “oh my... around are we? The sweet angel, the Precious Rose of France.” With that, he left Baekyeol in his place.

The Beauty glanced down at the letter and the small gift box that was tied around it.

“Baekyeol, there you are,” the said person looked over his shoulder, seeing Yves approaching him, “it’s time for the awards.”

“Oh, okay.”

“What's that?” Yves tried to grab the gifts in his hands, but Baekyeol pulled them away.

“Gifts from a former...colleague I guess.”

“Oh?”

“Lets just go.” Baekyeol grabbed Yves by the hand, and started to lead them both. Surprised that Baekyeol took the action first, he didn’t do anything to stop it.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“And now we are approaching the end of the awards event, with the best award saved for last,” The MC started as she described the award to be an honor to be voted as the most recognizable model around the world and the best out of all the new models out there. The new model award.

Through out the awards night, Baekyeol was on and off on the whole event. He preoccupied his time on the small sized letter that his parents gave him.

It should be expected that Baekyeol would feel something. His parents worried about him. Asked him to call them once in a while - in which he never did - send them letters, anything to let them know that he was okay. They asked that he would be okay, and be always filled with good health and good fortune.

“To our baby, Baekyeol...the mark of your 21st year...we wish you could've been here in Korea, so we could celebrate your birthday together. But sadly, we are separated...regardless, we wish you all the happiness you deserve --”

Inside the small box was a bracelet with each hook filled with a cute bear charm that spelled out his name. Baekyeol loved cute, little, bears. Just loved them.

“The nominees are, Samuel Diehl from the House of Wilson-Williams of Australia...Eirhild Jentoft from the House of Heyerdahl of Norway...Baekyeol Park from the House of De La Croix of France...and lastly, Hong Long from the House of Wu of South Korea.” The MC smiled brightly and started to open the letter that revealed the winner.

“-- be good...always good, Baekyeol. Be humble and sincere --”

“And the winner is --”

“-- be sweet like the way you are. We raised you to be the good natured person we wanted you to be. We know that you are --”

“Baekyeol Park!”

He looked up hearing his name. Claps were heard all around, and Henri gestured for the other to go and get his award. He smiled brightly and stood up, forgetting all about the letter and the small gift that he had in his lap.

As he started to walk, letting the letter slip through his hand, and the bracelet dropping to the ground.

Making his way up the steps to claim his award, Hong Long leaned down and grabbed the letter and the present dropped. He sighed as he folded the letter up and placed the bracelet inside. He glanced up at Baekyeol, giving his thanks for the award.

Baekyeol continued his thanks, before his eyes rested on Yitao. The young Panda and the Beauty stared, but all Yitao could do was shake his head in disappointment. Baekyeol let out a chuckle; he ignored the action and instead gave a proud, winning expression, and directing right at Yitao. He proceeded with his thanks, saying that he didn't expect to win - which was all a lie. 'I knew that I would have won.'

Yitao re-opened the note to Baekyeol. He sighed once more. '...We raised you to be the good natured person we wanted you to be. We know that you are deep down. Please don't forget who you really are. Happy Birthday to our baby boy. Love, mommy and papa.'

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Right after the ceremony, the designers and models from different houses talked to one another, giving their congratulatory message to those that won an award. Many people went over to Baekyeol congratulating him in his win.

“Yitao?” Kris called out for his son, “what's wrong?”

Yitao didn’t reply, but headed straight over to Baekyeol, with the folded note and bracelet in his hand. When he was close in approaching them, he took off his mask. “Baekyeol,” the said person looked over his shoulder in hearing his name being called, “congratulations.” He said in Korean, just so that none of the current designers and models that were around them would understand their conversation. Yet most of them were suprised in seeing the model, Hong Long, without his mask.

“What --”

“Congratulations, to the world’s newest model,” he held out his hand, “you drop these.” He grabbed Baekyeol’s free hand, and placing the small note and bracelet on his hand. He leaned over to Baekyeol’s ear. “How ungrateful for a child to forget these.”

“Well, thank you for bringing them, but,” he placed them back in Yitao’s hands, “tell them I’m not a child. And something like this is childish. And tell them I’m fine...that they do not need to be worried about me considering I am taken care of really well.”

Yitao’s eyes narrowed; he pulled back to face the Beauty, just centimeters away, showing his disapproving expression.

“Oh, wait, Yitao?” He looked up seeing Henri’s shocked expression. “Oh my god, Yitao, it is you! I didn’t recognize you for a minute!” Yitao stood up straight, staring at the other designer with sharp eyes. “No wonder, your hair is different!”

“Yes.” He replied in French.

“So you are...Yitao...the former agent for LBR” Yves said, now knowing who Yitao was. He checked up, up and down. “Nice to meet you.”

“Hm, likewise.”

By then Kris started to walk over, feeling that the conversation might cause attention. “Ah, Henri.”

“Oh, Kris --”

‘To you that is Mr. Wu…’

“ -- your son, he is Hong Long?”

“Yes, yes he is.”

“Wow thats --”

“Where is Eden and Ichirou? You had three when I was there, and three when I left. Why aren’t they here.”

“ -- amazing...erm, well, my younger brother, Yves," he gestured towards him, "thought it would be better to have only one face for my fashion house...so we chose Baekyeol, considering he is the best among the three.”

Yitao felt his jaw clench. “Fine...you wouldn’t mind if we took them right?”

Baekyeol’s eyes widen. ‘I see how it is...you still feel for those two...especially Eden...’ He gripped onto his award tightly.

“I mean, they are part time right?”

“How did --”

“Your Precious Rose told me. You wouldn’t mind, right? Giving them to the House of Wu?”

“Yitao, that will be discussed between me and Henri.” Kris said, placing his hand on his shoulder, “let's go...I can really sense the alcohol in your breath.” He said in Chinese. “Behave.”

Yitao brushed his hair back once more. “My apologies for being too direct. Have a good night.” He eyed the Beauty before turning his heel.

“It was nice meeting you again.” Kris said, “And congrats, Baekyeol, on your award.” He left as well, in catching up with his son. Once he reached the main entrance way, he was surprised that Yitao just exited out. ‘Damn that kid has long legs...why do I have long legs?!’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Once Kris made his way to their suite, he saw Yitao by the window. His hair all messed up, jacket on the chair, and the majority of his dress shirt buttons already . The window was slightly open, and Kris started to approach.

“Dad, make sure you bring Eden and Ichirou to your fashion house.” Yitao said without taking his eyes off from the scenery in front of him, blowing out the smoke from the cigarette that he got from the hotel gift shop.

“Are you smoking?” He quickly grabbing the cigarette from his fingers. “My god, just...Yitao, just what is your mom going to think about that?!”

“Something to calm me down. Sorry.”

“Do not do that...seriously Yitao. Man, your mom is going to freak out when he knows!” Kris said, trying to put out the cigarette.

“Then don’t tell him.” Yitao glanced down at his hand. In his palms were still the gifts that Baekyeol’s parents gave him for his birthday. ‘How can someone reject gifts...from their parents no less...’  

“Now Yitao...what you did back there was unacceptable and --”

“Dad, you have to bring Eden and Ichirou to your fashion house.”

“Hu? I don't even know -- why?”

“They can do so much more with you...than there with that Witch.” Yitao turned around, and tossed the gifts on the table that was near him.

“Those are --”

“He didn’t want them...that tells you alot what Baekyeol has become.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Anyone expected YT to win? LOL!! and yes, i did went that way. *runs and hides because all comments wanted YT to win and beat BY* if YT won, that wouldnt be fun .

NOTE(S):
1. Quotes - word for word - cr: [x]
2. Italian - according to this [x] and google translate: ‘Piacere, Signor Ricciardi’ = Pleased to met you / pleasure in meeting you, Sir/Mr. Ricciardi
3. Meaning of light purple - Light purple evokes romantic and nostalgic feelings - cr [x]

*EDIT(S):

  • Dec. 6 2014 - 'Innamorato Innamorata' spelling changed, and switched