ch13

Model Complexity

Before we start on the chapter, i would just like to say...thank you so much for the feature.
Dec. 11 2016.
Now that makes two of my fics to be featured and stamped with a gold star. It is very late, but you know...it is not too late to say thank you. I was incredibly shocked when i saw that gold star right beside the title name because to be honest, i had the intention of deleting the story, and to give it a reboot of sorts (again >_>;;;) . I didn’t really...expect people to be interested in what i write or enjoy any of it. Especially this one since it is so ‘OC - original character’ centered - focusing on Yitao and Baekyeol, both being fictional characters (my babies ; 3 ; )


This gold star stamp, I’m definitely not going to give up this story.Again, thank you so much(: for sticking with this story, as well as being patient.


(I made sure to upload this on my birthday - 7th of April...I leveled up lol - a gift from me, even though it’s my birthday...uh...how does that work…...lolwut…)


--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Okay, that’s it,” Joonxing placed his cards down, and leaned back on the couch, “you’ve been acting strange ever since you came home. Now what is it?”

Both Yitao and Xiuchen looked up, with Yitao rolling his eyes. The trio were in the midst of playing a card game, but Yitao’s constant zoning out got his cousin’s attention. With a sigh coming from the accused, he placed his own cards down. How could he not be acting strange? Just hours before, it was confessed to by one of his friends. His favorite one at that. A friend that can ease his storms.

“It’s just that I wasn’t expecting anything like that to happen to me...and me of all people.”

“Um, what…?” Xiuchen placed his own cards faced down.

“Well…”

Joonxing and Xiuchen listened to what Yitao had to say, and his reasons why he was acting strange. Now, for Joonxing, it started to make sense. “I see it now...then...then what did you say?”

“I...said --”

“You said ‘yes’?” Xiuchen asked, beating him to it.

“ -- yes...and yes, Xiuchen I did say yes. It...it feels right,” Yitao started to say, “I don’t know how else to describe it, but it feels like it is just right.” He nodded at his words, before letting out a soft chuckle.

“Wow,” Joonxing whispered, ‘if Baekyeol was here...what would he think about this.’ He let out a soft scoffed, ‘then again, why would he care anyway...and Yitao…’ Joonxing looked up, seeing Yitao, smiling every time Xiuchen would ask about Eden. ‘And Yitao deserves every happiness...after what has happened, you deserve it.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol looked out his window from his hotel room, looking up at the skies above him. It was nice out, bright and warm. A definite good day.

But.

He couldn’t help, but feel a turn in his stomach; as if he feels something off. The more he wondered, the more felt nervous.

Baekyeol shook his head and stood up from his chair. He made his way over to his floor where he was busy with his clothes making. He definitely found peace when sewing clothes. Fast and precise, at least how he saw it, it made him felt accomplished. It was something that he taught himself and they came out beautifully in his eyes, even if they were simple.

Baekyeol started to fold his clothes, putting them away in his luggage. ‘I should definitely ask Henri what he thinks about them...I just might have a career in fashion,’ he beamed, feeling a bit ambitious, as he brought up one of his creations up to eye level, “and maybe I should go back to school...or something...refine my techniques.” ‘I do love fashion...I mean come on...I am a model afterall. Oh! Does this mean if I make my own clothes, I can model in them too?! That would be perfect!!’ Baekyeol beamed to himself, enjoying the idea that he could run everything.

A knock was made and Baekyeol got up from the floor. He didn’t even have to look through the peephole to know who it was. When they landed in the next city over, Baekyeol requested to have separate rooms, causing Yves to feel irritated. However, he let it slide once again to make Baekyeol happy.

Baekyeol opened the door, sighing a bit. He is trying his best to love the other as he does to him, but the more he felt Yves is forcing him to reciprocate that love. Even if he didn’t physically show it, Baekyeol just knew. “Ah...yes?”

“Are you ready? The train heading to the main city will leave in 4 hours...we have to be there at least an hour before the train arrives.”

“I know...I’m almost done.” Baekyeol looked back, seeing that a few of his things were still on the floor. “I’ll be ready soon.”

“Do you need help?”

“Hm, nah. I’m okay with it.” He said, starting to shoo the other back. “I’ll head down in the lobby when I’m finished. Okay? Okay then.” Not even letting Yves say anything, he closed the door in front of him. With a sigh, he rolled his eyes. ‘Man...I’m starting to get pissed.’ “Ah, well...boyfriends are like that,” he scratched his cheek, “aren’t they?”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

While on the train heading back to France, Baekyeol was in the midst of his own mind, sketching out designs in his notebook that he just bought from the train station gift store. He let out a small smile in seeing what he was sketching. He quickly wanted to head home, buy some fabric, and start trying to figure out how to execute the design that he has come up with.

“Are you at that again?” Baekyeol blinked as the voice broke his thoughts; he turned his head over to Yves, who bore an expression of annoyance. ‘He is designing again? And here I thought, we could spend time during his vacation time, but no...he had to...sew...like why?’

Surprised, Baekyeol could only nod that the other. “Of course...I told you --”

“It relaxes you and all that,” he huffed, pushing his glasses up a bit, “I know.” He mumbled as he turned his head away from the Beauty.

Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek, seeing how frustrated Yves was. He closed the notebook in front of him, sighing. No matter how he looks at it, he has been unfair to the other. He knew that Yves wanted to do romantic things with him, especially when Henri gave him a lengthy vacation due to the LBR building conjoining with two other fashion houses. Baekyeol started to reach out for Yves, but stopped midway. He retracted his hand, placing it down on his lap. He still didn’t quite feel right. ‘There has to be a reason why I can’t do this. I’m getting all the attention, all the love that I’ve always wanted,’ he glanced at Yves, who still was turn away from him, ‘and...and w-why can’t I be okay with this.’ He shook his head, and turned to face the window. Baekyeol hummed before drifting off to sleep.

Yves turned to see that Baekyeol was resting his head against the window. He adjusted his seat, and turned towards the Beauty, seeing that he has really fallen asleep. With a sigh, he carefully moved Baekyeol’s head, so that it would rest against his shoulder. Gently Baekyeol’s hair, Yves started to whisper. “I love you, Baekyeol, I hope you know that.” His words caused the Beauty to hum in happiness, that he started to smile. Yves, startled at the small action, that his heart began to beat. ‘This is a good sign.’

After a long train ride back, the duo eventually made it back to Paris. They were picked up by a chauffeur, who told Yves that his brother would want them to head to the new building. “Eh? I thought that it wasn’t ready yet? I mean, my brother didn’t tell me anything.”

“It’s not ready...it is still under renovation, but your brother wants to see you. He wants to tell you face to face about Baekyeol’s schedule. He understands that you two are exhausted from your trip to Germany, but he says that it will be quick.”

“Is that right? Well, alright then.” Yves nodded his head towards him and the chauffeur grabbed the bags to place in the back of the car. Yves opened the door for the Beauty, who yawned a bit, rubbing his eyes with his hand in the cutest way possible. “Still sleepy?” He asked.

“Pretty much,” Baekyeol rolled his eyes at the question, ‘of course I’m sleepy...I feel like right now.’ He scratched his head roughly, feeling the grogginess take over him again. “He is taking me home, yeah?”

“Hm, not quite,” Yves gestured to Baekyeol to scoot, much to his displeasure, “we have to head to the new building.”

‘Hm?’ “Why?”

“My brother wants to tell me about your schedule.”

“And he can’t email you about it?” Baekyeol crossed his leg over, yawning a bit, “plus, I thought the building wasn’t ready yet?”

“It’s not ready yet, but my brother wants to tell me face to face about the schedule. I’m guessing it is a hectic one that he can’t type all the information in an email.”

“Hm.” Baekyeol clicked his tongue at the thought of heading over, but a sudden idea struck him. ‘Wait, that will give me the chance to show Henri my designs and what I’ve sewn so far,’ he started to smile at the idea, ‘he might even make me design for him and then I can model my own designs!!’

“What is with the sudden smile?”

“Hm? Oh, I just thought that since we are heading to see Henri, I can show him what I’ve been doing when we were in Germany!” Baekyeol’s grogginess suddenly disappeared and he now looked as if he was full of energy to do things. ‘What great timing.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yves and Baekyeol finally reached the new building that was still under renovation, however the name of the new building was already up. Baekyeol looked up, lowering his shades a bit to get a good look at the name of the new building. He turned to Yves.

“The new building name is Empire?”

“I guess so,” Yves looked up to see the building name, “make sense, yeah? I mean, my brother and the two other fashion designers are the top designers in their respective countries and are respected very much internationally.”

“Ugh...this is so stupid...I’ve finally got my spotlight and I have to share it, again,” he said, stressing out the word, “with two other people.”

“Do not worry,” Yves placed his hand behind the Beauty, trying to comfort the other, “you are still the main model in Henri’s fashion house. The purpose of this fashion house to band the top designers together to maximize their potential with teamwork and utilize their resources.”

“Isn’t that bad for a designer? I mean, he is going to expose his secrets and such.” Baekyeol moved forward a bit to avoid Yves from caressing his back. He started to feel a bit awkward with feeling the touch.

“Hm,” Yves shrugged, “I think my brother is feeling confident that they won’t do such a thing. Plus, being fashion designers, they have their own little personality in them.”

“Huh?”

“Like your former employer.”

“Uncle?” ‘He did?’ Baekyeol tried to remember, but couldn’t recall anything that made his uncle stand out from the rest of the designers. Sure, the suits that he made were very well made and the details were impeccable. Even his haute couture designs were the same, faultless. He thought for a bit, when he remembered. Kris would always have a dragon insignia, whether it was embroidered on or a pin placed on, it was always there to indicate to the audience that this was Kris Wu's work, and no one else's. When Yves saw that he finally understood and remembered, he proceeded to say that his brother is the same. “Eh? He doesn’t don’t have a dragon symbol in his designs.”

“Of course he doesn’t,” he chuckled as he walked forward to open the door, “he has roses”

“Roses…” Baekyeol said, a bit unconvinced that was Henri’s insignia. ‘Henri is really wanting to be like Uncle. Even using the insignia method...but...at the same time, it’s not a dragon...so I guess it is okay.’ He hummed to himself; he shook it off and started to head inside.

The two nodded their heads that the employees that were there, and quickly making their way to the elevator. Once inside, Yves pressed the button that would take them all the way to the top, the 20th floor. Baekyeol held onto his bag, feeling a bit of excitement to show Henri what he has been doing. Afterall, he did think highly of himself and was sure that his designs and skills were at par with Henri and the rest of the fashion designers out there. Sure, a bit high and mighty, but Baekyeol was sure that his work was the best.

The door opened, and Baekyeol stepped out first. Yves led the way, and the two started to walk down the hallway to Henri’s office. A black door was at the end of the hallway, and Yves knocked twice.

“Come in.”

Yves nodded and opened the door, peeking in first, “ah, Henri,” Yves said with a warm smile. He opened the door wider to show him that his precious rose is alive and well from his vacation in Germany, “we are here.”

Henri stood up, happy to know that his most treasured is back at home. He approached the two, hugging his brother, then cupping Baekyeol’s cheeks. “How was your vacation?”

“Hm, great!” Baekyeol beamed, yet Yves kept his lips tighten. Noticing this, Henri eyed his brother that he would speak with him later on the matter. “Actually, I do have something to show you.”

“Eh? Well --”

“This!” Baekyeol took out his sketchbook and portfolio that he bought in Germany, with photos of his work that he took with his instax that he brought with him,” I took up a hobby and I think I could be the next fashion designer!” He said proudly, surprising Henri a bit.

“Designing?”

“Yeah! I even bought my own fabric and my own little sewing machine. Basically, I spent most of my vacation doing all of this.” He said, showing the other his work. Henri glanced up at his brother, seeing him roll his eyes. He could tell that he was a bit irritated that he couldn’t spend a relaxing and perhaps a romantic vacation in Germany.

‘I guess it wasn’t in Baekyeol’s plan…’ Henri thought, feeling bad for the other. His thoughts were immediately broken when Baekyeol spoke, that it made his blood slightly boil.

“I didn’t know that designing clothes would be this easy!” He said with happiness in his tone.

‘Easy...you say?’ “Well, it isn't --”

“I mean, I understand trying to be different when it comes in making new outfits, but really...it is so easy. You are essentially making clothes for people to wear.”

‘But the thought process in making clothes is the most vital key in working in fashion. At Least that is how my professors embedded in me.’ Henri bit the inside of his cheek, not wanting to saying much to the Beauty. Afterall, Baekyeol truly doesn’t know the laborious work that it goes into making garments and making it a trendsetting item of clothing. For Henri, there are many steps in fashion design. How it needs to look, the colors, the texture of the fabric, and even down to the silhouette of the garment. ‘It’s not just about sewing up a pair of shorts, then call yourself into a great designer.’ Taking in a deep breath, Henri gave a warm smile, “I’ll look into this later, Baekyeol, but right now, I need to talk with Yves about your schedule that will be next month. Even though the building is not ready for photo shoots and such, you are actually were requested to endorse a makeup brand.”

“Oh...well, okay.” Baekyeol shrugged, not really thinking much of the work. All he knew was that he was going to do an outstanding job in making the makeup buyable. Not wanting to stay in the office, since it would be boring for the Beauty to listen, he told the two brothers that he would be downstairs. “I’ll wait in the car then.” Not even letting Henri or even Yves to say anything, Baekyeol waved goodbye. Once he grabbed the handle, he stopped, “Oh!” Baekyeol looked over his shoulder, “don’t forget Henri! Who knows, I could work right beside you and even model my own creations!” With that, Baekyeol smiled and left the office, closing the door right behind him.

Henri sighed, glancing over the portfolio that was on his desk. ‘Being conceited I see…’ He thought, not liking the idea of Baekyeol having this superior attitude to a territory that he doesn’t even know that much about or even in. ‘There is a great difference between being a model and being a designer.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“I’ve done it!” Kris announced, raising his hands up in the air happily, while his family were in the living room and enjoying their time together on a saturday afternoon. Sehun nodded his head, giving a thumbs up towards his Boss.

“Good job Boss...you see, if you would just eat papaya everyday your constipation would eventually be gone!”

Yitao lowered his head, trying his best not to laugh, while Joonxing had to hit the other’s leg to prevent him from bursting. If Yitao laughs, then surely Joonxing and Xiuchen would follow.

“Not that,” Kris gently slapped the back of Sehun’s head, “god why would you -- anyway,” trying to change the subject, “what I’m trying to say...is that I just got off from the phone from one of Korea’s broadcasting station. I was able to get an interview with Joo Jangmi.”

“Ah!” Tao clapped his hands, “I love her morning television show. That is good!”

“Hm,” Kris nodded, “it is good. It will be good for the fashion house as well.”

“Is there a reason why they asked you to come in?” Chen asked.

“My collection is already complete and when I announced it on the website, I’m guessing the management were really interesting in my ‘comeback’,” he said, motioning air quotes with his fingers, “since it has been quite awhile. I’m sure they had speculations that I wasn’t doing so well...heck, I’m sure they knew about me closing down the stores.”

“With this interview you can fully tell them what happened and why you had to do it.” Luhan sipped on his cup, “what a great turn of events. Kris is doing so well ever since Yitao came back home.”

Yitao looked up, glancing over his father, who displayed a warm smile. “I’m starting to think so too.” Kris said softly. He turned over to Joonxing, “I would need both you and Yitao to accompany me to the interview.”

“Eh?!” Joonxing blinked, “seriously?”

“Yes seriously. You two were the models that wore the outfits from the collection. It only makes sense.”

“We will do it,” Yitao replied, nudging his cousin playfully, “what a great opportunity, right Joonxing?”

“U-Un,” he nodded his head, ‘television huh?’

“Great! I’ll let you know more about the details later.” Kris nodded, heading over towards the couch to sit right next to Tao. “It has been a long time since I’ve been on tv.”

Tao nodded his head, agreeing with the other. ‘When was the last time Kris was on tv?’ He hummed to himself. Upon trying to remember, the one that stood out the most was when Kris named a collection after him, years ago when he was still working as a nanny for Yitao. A rosy tinge started to form on his face, that he placed his hand against his cheek, feeling the heat. Xiumin noticed at the other’s face, asking if he was feeling sick. Tao shook his head, “n-not really. I’m just remembering something cheesy.”

“Cheesy?”

“When Kris made that collection and named it after me.”

“Oh my god! I remember that!” Sehun beamed, “it was basically a love confession on live tv.”

“E-Eh?! I-It was not!” Kris said with a promediant flush forming on his face.

“Dad did that?” Yitao said, almost unconvinced that his father would do such a thing, especially on live television. “No way.” He shook his head, “that can’t be right -- Dad?” He pointed at his father. “This old man?”

“Hey...I’m not old…”

“Oh Yitao,” Sehun chuckled, “if only you could see how in love your dad was. Sure...there were slight problems here and there, but I'm just happy that they were able to see beyond all of that to see how much they were infatuated with each other,” Sehun clasped his hands together, “it was hard, but it comes to show he wouldn’t have done all of that if he didn’t love Tao.” Everyone nodded their heads in agreement, remembering the past and the hardships that they had to partake in.

Yitao stared at Sehun, trying to make sense of what he was saying. For him, he mostly remembered the good times and how much his dad loved the mother he has now. Sehun continued. “Your father is a cold man,” he chuckled, “would you believe that Tao was able to warm his cold heart?”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Still on vacation, Baekyeol made use of the time that he had left before heading back to work. He decided to take advantage of the time and work on his designs and perfect even more of his sewing skills. ‘When is Henri gunna give me a response on my work…’ He huffed, feeling irritated that he hasn’t said anything. The thought of him being a co-designer sounded very pleasing. ‘Ah...whatever…’ Baekyeol looked behind him, grabbing his computer and placing it on his lap. As he opened it, he started to search the web.

“Hm?” Baekyeol raised his eyebrow, seeing an article that talked about his uncle. ‘One of the top 5 legendary fashion designers, Kris Wu, will be interviewed in one of Korea’s top morning television shows, to mention about his upcoming collection.’ As Baekyeol scrolled down, he saw photos of Yitao and Joonxing modeling the suits that his uncle created. The Beauty stared at Yitao, who was dressed in his persona, Hong Long, modeled well in the suit. The more he stared, the more he started to notice that Yitao did not change. He still looked like the handsome man that he grew up with. ‘Hm...but the only thing that really changed was that damn attitude of his…’ Baekyeol crossed his arms and his eyebrows knitted together.

“Yitao, let's play!”

“Hu? Hm...okay…”

Baekyeol blinked; he started to reminisce on the past. Slowly, his frown started to soften.

“Baekyeol, you are so pretty.” Yitao said, smiling brightly at the other, while Baekyeol huffed.

“I’m not pretty! I’m a boy! Boys can’t be pretty!”

“But Baekyeol is pretty,” Yitao pinched his own cheeks, pushing them upwards, “I like when you smile.”

“Eh?”

“Because when you smile, it makes me smile!”

A sudden close of his laptop was able to get him to stop remembering; the memories of their younger years. Baekyeol tighten his lips, letting out a shaky exhale. The times where Yitao would hold hands when they were children, grinning and laughing at whatever jokes he would come up, and his behavior towards him would always be with warmth. ‘When did it start to crumble…’

Baekyeol placed his laptop to the side. “Hm,” he hummed to himself, “Yves said that Yitao loved me…” he let out a scoff, but the thought of Yitao loving him shocked him. But then why would he be so mean to him, and treat him like he was always doing something wrong. It really didn’t make any sense. ‘The idea of if someone teases you or be mean to you means that they like you...sounds so stupid…’ “Yitao must treat me like that because he doesn’t like me…” He murmured to himself. He grabbed his laptop once again, and opened it. The image of Yitao was once again displayed on his screen.

The door of his suite opened, and Baekyeol immediately looked up. His shoulders lowered, seeing that it was only Yves. ‘Giving him a key to my place was a grave mistake…’ Yves closed the door behind him, greeting the Beauty.

“What are you doing?”

“U-Uh...nothing much.” He faltered, “just searching through the web.”

Yves approached him, taking a quick glance before Baekyeol could move his laptop. ‘Yitao?’ He thought, a bit annoyed and worried. “Why were you looking up Yitao? Any particular reason why?”

Baekyeol nonchalantly shook his head. “I came across the photo. I was curious and read up on the article. My uncle is going to be interviewed by Joo Jangmi, who is a popular television host in Korea.”

Yves hummed. “Is that right.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“I feel like I’m about to pass out.” Joonxing rubbed his stomach, trying to ease his nervousness. He, Yitao, and Kris were at the television broadcasting studio to be interviewed by Joo Jangmi.

“If you pass out, that will be right out embarrassing.” Yitao chuckled, adjusting Joonxing’s tie. “Treat it like the other interviews that we have done in the past.”

“Hm...I guess.”

“Alright boys,” Kris patted both Yitao and Joonxing on the back, “they are ready for us.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our country’s top and one of the top 5 legendary fashion designers around the world, Kris Wu, and his two models Hong Long and Huang Joonxing!”

Upon hearing their name, Kris gestured for the two to follow. Kris went out first, and the audience clapped. Yitao turned to Joonxing, giving a warm smile. He placed his mask on and turned to follow his father. Joonxing awed at his cousin’s coolness. He quickly shook away his nerves and followed.

Jangmi greeted Kris and the two models, saying that she was honored to be interviewing Kris. She gestured for them to sit down on the couches. “I’ll be honest, I was excited and nervous to have you here. To be in front of the country’s top fashion designers...lots of women would kill to be in my position,” she shook her head in amazement, “be face to face with you.”

“Ah...you flatter me.” Kris chuckled, “I am just happy that people still see me in that way. With many new fashion designers out there...competition is hard.”

Jangmi continued the interview, complementing Kris on his collection from the two suits that Yitao and Joonxing wore on shoot and during the interview. That it gave a sense of maturity and poise in them. Yitao would listen on and off in their conversation, considering that none of the questions were actually directed at him or Joonxing. He just has to sit tight and look cool.

“And if I may ask Yitao a question.”

‘Hm?’ Yitao turned his attention towards Jangmi.

“I’m sure the audience knows about the incident that happened months back. The fight that broke out between you and a fellow man.”

Yitao felt his throat close. ‘Why the hell is she bringing that up.’ He tighten his hands, his dry lips, unsure how to respond whatever question she was going to ask. Jangmi continued to give background information on incident for the audience in case they weren’t aware of it, to which Yitao thought was absurd. People all over had to know about it.

“So, how are you? After the incident?”

Yitao sat still, not really wanting to respond to it. Joonxing held his breath, worried at what his cousin was going to respond. With a deep breath, Yitao spoke as composed as he can be. “I’ve been well. Reflecting on my actions, I do sincerely apologize --”

“To Mr. Yves Delacroix...the younger brother of Henri.” Jangmi said.

Yitao, once again felt his throat close, ‘younger brother of Henri, huh?’ “Um, yes, to him...I sincerely apologize for the action I have done. It was completely out of line of me to do something...barbaric,” he paused a bit before resuming, “I...hope that you two will have a blissful relationship.”

Joonxing slowly glanced at the other. Despite having his mask covering his face, he could see Yitao’s eyes showing a bit of pain. ‘Oh...Yitao…’ He listened as his cousin continue.

“People deserve to be happy, and I am positive that he will give it to you.” Yitao’s eyes started to soften.

“I agree with you,” Jangmi said, nodding, “people do deserve to be happy...have you got someone? I mean, someone as handsome as you, it is probably not difficult for you.”

A soft chuckle escaped from Yitao’s lips. “I thought it would have been difficult...but I’m just happy to have finally someone that makes me happy.”

Joonxing lowered his head, to hide the wide smile that he was now displaying on his face. He knew that he was talking about Eden. He turned to see his cousin’s eyes turn from pain to a twinkling one. ‘He deserves it.’

While Yitao continued, Kris, amazed that his son was responding with so much composure. He knew the incident was something he didn’t want to remember, but was still satisfied with how Yitao was taking it in and responding.

As the interview was coming to an end, Jangmi then turned her attention towards Kris, to announce his fashion runway. “Ah, yes...my collection will be shown at Seoul Count Fashion Week with other Asian fashion designers, um, to name a few...Mrs. Iris Duico-Valderama from the Philippines, Miss Koijima Riyo from Japan, Mr. Phanumas Nakhirunkanok from Thailand. Just to name a few. This will be my first fashion week...as a comeback...after my mini downfall of my fashion house.”

“Wait...pardon? Downfall?” Jangmi asked, a bit surprised as well as the audience. The mummers to one another could be heard, and Yitao started to feel a bit worried.

Kris nodded his head; he continued to say that his fashion house at a small mishap, but it was something that has been settled now. “I had to close all my international stores, and it pained me to do so, but...you know, it was something that I had to do. I know that I can eventually get them back. Now with the pick up, I can say that my fashion house is doing well from before.”

The audience gasped, looking at one another, not even hearing about the incident. Regardless, Jangmi and the audience rooted for Kris for a successful comeback.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Henri hummed as he finished viewing Kris’ interview on television on youtube. His brother, Yves, was standing right behind him, viewing the show as well. A chuckle escaped from Henri’s lips, which caused Yves to turn to him.

“I find it amusing that Kris has a mini downfall...it should be a sign for him.”

“A sign?” Yves raised his eyebrow.

“A sign to step down,” Henri leaned back in his seat, rubbing his lips with his fingers. He let out a laugh, “legends like him should fall...step down from their throne. They eventually do anyway...and make way for the new upcoming designers like myself.”

“Well, he looks like he is still hanging on.” Yves pointed out.

“Hm...well, no matter. His time will come anyway. Beside,” he looked over shoulder, “he isn’t a great fashion designer anymore in my eyes. What about you? Looks like his son wanted to apologize for what he has done to you.”

Yves bit the inside of his cheek; he shook his head. “I’m not doing to accept it.”

“Oh?”

“I still can’t get over the fact that Yitao loved Baekyeol. That he still harbor feelings for him, yet he is now happy with someone else?” He said, referring to the interview, “I don’t like that man...and he better stay away from Baekyeol. He has caused nothing, but problems for him.”

“I see.” Henri nodded.

“As long as he stays away, I’m content.”

“You have nothing to worry though...Baekyeol is yours now.”

“Yeah...I shouldn’t worry, yet...I do. This relationship that we have...I can’t help feel that it is one sided.”

Henri raised his eyebrow, noticing Yves’ expression started to grow worried. “What? What is it?”

“What if Baekyeol doesn’t really love me,” he whispered, “I am deeply...deeply infatuated with him.”

“Give it time...Baekyeol will come around. Just give it time. You can’t force love...it takes time for it to develop."

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“God damn it,” Baekyeol threw his pillow across the room, feeling rage when he finished seeing his uncle’s interview with Joo Jangmi on youtube, “seriously!?” He felt himself heated up, angry at the small part that Yitao had in the interview. He greatly disliked the ‘wishing you a blissful relationship’, and even more hated the fact that he talked so happily about the most special person that made him happy. “It has to be that damned Eden...it just has to be! He would always flock towards, there is no doubt about it,” Baekyeol started to pace in his room, “the !? What does he see in that unappealing beast?!” Trying to calm himself, he stopped in place. “Stupid Eden...who does he think he is...he thinks that he is all that because he is with him?! He doesn’t even deserve to be with Yitao!” He turned back to his laptop, seeing where he paused, right on Yitao’s happy face. “Just what does that he see in Eden?! I am far better than he is! I am the most ideal person to be with!!”

Unaware in what he just said in his raging rant, he slammed his laptop closed. He brushed his hair back, and started to pace back and forth in his room. ‘Stupid Yitao...stupid Eden...maybe stupid people should be together!’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao and Joonxing changed out of Kris’ suits and into casual clothing after the interview with Joo Jangmi, ready to head out and relax a bit before heading off to work in the evening. To their surprise, Eden came, greeting the two and congratulating them on a job well done in their interview.

“How...did you get here?” Yitao asked, putting on his coat.

“Ah, your father gave me and Ichirou an access pass. Erm, thought that we would enjoy it, but Ichirou kindly declined. So, I went by myself. But wow...you two were great.” Eden beamed, “I would have been nervous to be an interview.”

“Excuse me guys,” Kris went over to the trio, patting his son on the back, “Joonxing and Yitao, you have a photoshoot this evening. Don’t forget…8:30 sharp. Mr. Han Byungwook is your photographer...and because of his busy schedule, he wasn’t able to schedule us in the afternoon. He was able to squeeze us in the evening.”

“Okay,” Yitao nodded, “8:30pm.”

“Great...well, have a good rest of the day. I’ll see you guys later.” Kris smiled, nodding his head towards the three. With that, Kris left to head back to the office. Yitao hummed, turning his attention to Joonxing and Eden, who were talking with each other.

‘Not until 8:30pm,’ Yitao thought, ‘this might be a good time then.’ “What do have going on for today, Eden?”

“Hu? Hm...nothing really. I was going to relax back in the apartment.”

“Ah...well, then do you want to hang out with me today?”

Eden blinked, trying to process what the taller said. “L-Like a...a date?” He asked, now his cheeks a bit flushed.

‘Ah...how cute.’ “Of course in a date way. My schedule is free until the evening, and yours is free. This will be the perfect time don’t you think?”

Even though Eden was surprised, he shyly nodded his head. “Hm…’es.”

As for Joonxing, he was surprised, yet amazed at his cousin being forward in his relationship with Eden. ‘At least he is trying to make process...that is nice...yah, I’m so jealous.’ “Since you two will be heading out, I’ll head home then.”

“Ah...well, then okay,” Yitao gave a small wave, “be safe. Oh, tell Jinseon that Eden and I will be taking the public transit to the mall.”

“Un.” Joonxing nodded his head, “see ya two later.” With that he waved goodbye as he turned his heel. Joonxing started to make his way down the hallway, until reaching the door leading to the back of the studio. There, one the private cars was parked, with Jinseon, an employee as a private driver for Kris’ fashion house, was leaning against the car and checking his phone while taking a smoke break. Jinseon looked up; he threw his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it.

“Joonxing, just you?”

“Un. Yitao and Eden are gunna go to the mall. So they will be taking the public transit.”

Jinseon opened the door for the other, “well then, where to?” He asked.

“Just home is fine.”

“Nowhere in particular that you want to go?”

“Hm, nah. Home is fine.”

“Hm, okay then.” Jinseon closed the door and headed in the driver seat. He started the car and started to drive off towards Kris’ mansion.

Within 20 minutes of the drive they arrived at Kris’ mansion. Jinseon looked over his shoulder, “here we are.”

“Thanks Jinseon.” Joonxing scooted over to the other side of the seat, opening the door.

“Have a good one.”

Joonxing closed the door; he waved goodbye as Jinseon started to drive off. He turned his heel, heading towards the front door. ‘Keys...keys…,’ he placed his hand in his pocket, grabbing his keys. Just as he was about to open the door, it opened abruptly, causing him to jump. “Oh! God,” he placed his hand over his heart, feeling it beat rapidly, “Xiuchen!”

“Oh! My bad,” Xiuchen stuck out his tongue playfully, “I was in a rush -- what are you doing home? I thought you had a photoshoot that you needed to do.”

“It’s later tonight. Thought that I could rest at home until then.”

“Ah, okay.” Xiuchen moved a bit, giving space for Joonxing to pass him to enter the mansion.

“Where are you going...if you don’t mind me asking.”

“I wanted to get this new cd of this new rapper that just debuted. I liked his mv, and I checked out his songs on itunes.”

“Why don’t you just get it on itunes?”

“But I like concept photo album that comes with the cd!” Xiuchen puffed his cheeks. Buying the albums are so much better than getting it digitally downloaded.

Joonxing chuckled. “Do you mind if I come with you?”

“Hu? I thought you...wanted to rest?” The younger blinked, yet his eyes twinkled.

“Nah, that’s fine,” Joonxing shrugged, “I’m not that tired.” ‘Plus I don’t want him to be going alone…’ “Is that okay?”

“Wah -- of course!” Xiuchen beamed, grabbing Joonxing by the hand.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

'96,500 WON.’ Yitao tilted to his head as he inspected the blue, lightweight jacket. ‘I kinda want it.’ He hummed, folding it and putting it in his basket. ‘And I’m gonna get it because priorities.’ He turned to see Eden, also looking at the various cashmere sweaters, and polos that were on the shelves. He approached him, looking over his shoulder. “Are you thinking of getting that?”

Eden looked behind him, before giving a shrug of uncertainty. “Maybe...I don’t know,” he leaned forward, grabbing a sweatshirt and showing it to the other, “look! A panda bear and a brown bear! How adorable is that.” A smile bore on his face, yet for Yitao, he ended up just staring at the sweatshirt in front of him. Just looking at the sweatshirt in front of him just brought him back to the memory of how Baekyeol ended up disregarding the gift that his parents gave them, even though he loves them. Despite it being months and months already, that one small image just brought it all back.

However, to move on, Yitao smiled. “It is cute.”

“You want it?”

“Huh?”

“Well, I mean, I thought it would be cool to have a matching pair.” Eden flustered, realizing that it sounded cheesy to have a same design sweatshirt. Like a couple would sometimes do together.

“Ah,” Yitao hummed, “um, sorry,” he gently took the sweatshirt and placed it back on the shelf, “n-not really my style.” He said softly.

“O-Oh...uh, okay.” Eden looked behind him at the sweatshirt, ‘I wonder what that was about…’ With a soft sigh and not wanting to push it forward, he disregarded it. Just as he turned his head around, he felt a pair of soft lips against his own. As he was registering what was happening, his eyes started to widen and his heart rate started to rise. Yitao did the unthinkable and kissed him right in public. Though, not a lot of people were watching them, but still, it was shocking for Eden.

Yitao pulled away slowly, taking in the expression that Eden was bearing on his face. Even before he could say anything, Eden lowered his head, cheeks and ears flushed, and quickly turned around. He started to briskly walk away from the taller, patting his cheeks to just make sure that what just happened wasn’t a false reality. While he was calming himself, Yitao felt his lips, a bit shocked himself that he did something bold as giving a kiss to Eden.

Despite being shocked, his sudden expression turned to a happy one that he started to laugh.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Okay, you’re smiling...what happened?” Joonxing whispered, placed his backpack on the chair beside him, placing his hands on his hips. “Spill!”

Yitao looked over his shoulder, seeing that his cousin was really intrigued in what he was about to say. “Ah...would you really like to know? What about you and Xiuchen?”

“Eh? How did you --”

“Well he is here,” Yitao gestured to the little soft looking Bun, talking with Eden as he showed him the new cd that he bought with Joonxing, “I had a feeling that you two hung out. So, how was it?” He asked, turning the attention onto the other.

An immediate blush made its way over to Joonxing’s cheeks. He stumbled on his words, saying that it was just a hangout between the two of them and nothing much. “We just went to downtown to the cd place -- hey! Wait, I was asking you first! When did the convo me?!”

Yitao’s indifferent expression turned to smirk, sticking his tongue out playfully. Joonxing slapped his cousin on the shoulder, a bit flustered. “Let's talk about you.”

“Ah, well if you so want to know,” Yitao cleared his throat, “I had a great time with him.”

“Is that right?”

“Un,” Yitao nodded, “very much. So much that I thought it was cute when he blushed after I kissed him.”

“Oh, well that is ni -- wait holup!” Joonxing’s jaw dropped, cleaning his ear out with his index finger. “Come again?!”

With a chuckle, Yitao started to say what happened between him and Eden while at the mall. How he went in for a kiss and how it was a bold move for him in particular. Joonxing agreed, quite surprised at his cousin’s actions, yet, was happy that Yitao was untroubled. Not so much of moping or anger was coming out from him. Joonxing extended his hand and patted him on the shoulder. “Good to see that you are happy.” He let out a chuckle, “wow, this totally brings me back to the time where...um…” He trailed off in his sentence and lowering his hand down to his side.

“What?” Yitao asked, tilting his head back and forth. Instead, Joonxing shook his head not wanting to continue, but Yitao persisted. It started to catch his interest.

“I was just going to say that it reminded me of...um...the time where we were young. That’s all.” Joonxing tighten his lips, giving a weak smile.

“When...you and I were young? Dude, I don’t really don’t remember wanting to kiss you.”

With a roll of his eyes, Joonxing crossed his arms together. “I meant Baekyeol.”

“Huh?”

“I just remembered this time...where we were young...Chanyeol gave a quick peck to Baekhyun before leaving because he was taking your dad to the office. We saw it and Baekyeol wanted to do that too. You know, to kiss. And then you said that adult kisses are only meant for adults. You even said that you wanted Baekyeol to be your first ‘adult’ kiss.”

“I...said that?”

“You don’t remember?” Joonxing crossed his arms, letting out a soft chuckle, “it was funny. Hm, well...now both of you and Baekyeol have their firsts taken.”

“Yeah,” Yitao nodded his head, “I don’t regret it.” He said, letting out a smile.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol adjusted his shades, approaching the Empire Building. From what he has heard from Yves, it was close into being done renovating. He checked his phone, seeing that it was a quarter until 12:30 in the afternoon. ‘Hm,’ he thought, ‘half hour late...oops.’ He placed his phone in his bag, and started to enter the building. “Whoa,” he looked around, seeing that the floors were changed from the last time he saw them, “rose quartz...what a nice color.”

“Ah, Baekyeol!”

The Beauty turned when hearing his name. It was one of the employees that worked in the building. Baekyeol squinted his eyes, “what is it?”

“Hm, sir, they are waiting for you upstairs.”

“I’m aware,” he lowered his shades at the other, “I don’t need to be told.”

“Y-Yes.” The employee nodded her head towards him, “I apologize.”

“Hm.” Baekyeol placed his shade back on and started to head towards the elevators. As he pressed the button, the doors opened. He stepped inside, pressing the button that led him to the top of the building. ‘Man, why do I have to be at this meeting...I saw those two models that I worked with for the New Zealand magazine already. What's his name...and that old lady…,’ the Beauty shook his head, trying his best to remember their names, but it proved to be a difficult, ‘ugh...whatever...they are nothing to be anyway.’ “Though, I am pissed that I am back to being in a group, again!”

The elevator doors opened, and Baekyeol stepped out. The soles of his shoes, screeched a bit against the granite floors, echoing in the hallway. As he reached the door, he opened it without knocking. Inside Henri’s office were the two fashion designers that merged with Henri to create Empire, along with their top models. “Ah,” Henri welcomed Baekyeol with a happy smile, “welcome. Late, but that is fine.”

“Hm,” Baekyeol took of his shades, placing it in his bag, “what did I miss.”

“Nothing much, we,” he gestured to the two fashion designers, “are discussing for our next photoshoot together to introduce the merge of the three fashion houses to create one large house.”

“Right,” Baekyeol took a seat right beside one of the models, “great…”

The fashion designers continued to talk among each other, bouncing off ideas off on what their release of their magazine should showcase. Meanwhile, Baekyeol looked over at the two models, both who were quiet and not talking much. “What are your names again?” He asked, bluntly, but not really that interested to be talking with them.

A light brown haired and blue eyed, male model looked up from his lap. “U-Um,” he said softly, pushing up his glasses, “i-it’s Am --”

“You have to speak louder. I can’t hear you.” Baekyeol said, feeling a bit irritated.

“A-Amvrosy Dorofeyev.” He said a bit louder.

“Ah...the top Russian model, yeah?”

“U-Un.” He said nervously as he nodded.

The timid, 20 year old, Russian model hailed from the House of Khabarov, a recently developed, yet astounding fashion house located in Russia, gained popularity from the public when one actress from the States wore a dress that was the talk of the town. It gave recognition and it was the start of Khabarov’s international fame. The model, Amvrosy Dorofeyev, was spotted by the designer when the boy was merely 16 years old, and since then kept his loyalty to the designer. Even though, in Baekyeol’s eyes, he didn’t scream top model at all. He looked nothing, but an ordinary person and was clearly not as striking as he was.

Baekyeol lolled his head over to his right, seeing the female model. Unlike the Russian, she had a more stern exterior with a sense of coolness radiating from her. It made Baekyeol think that he and her could be good friends. “And you?”

The female looked over; she cleared . “It’s Haruyo. Yonemoto Haruyo.” She brushed her, curly hair back behind her shoulders. “Though my english name if you prefer, Olivia is fine.”

‘The hell? Why does she have an English name?’

As if she read his mind, she continued. “I moved to New Zealand when I was two. I adopted an English name. Olivia. I do not care which name you will call me. I will respond to both.” She said, giving an arrogant smile, as if she was telling Baekyeol that despite that he is the top known model around the world, she did not care and saw no threat. Baekyeol raised his eyebrow.

‘Hm...definitely a for sure.’ “Haruyo is fine.”

“Very well then.”

Yonemoto Haruyo, the willful, Japanese-New Zealander with her jet black hair and chocolate brown eyes is under the fashion house of Suzuki has been making her stand in the modeling world since she was 15 years old. Now 26, and considered to be old news around other models, still kept her game up. Even up to know she is still considered to be the top 10 finest models around the world.

Haruyo glanced at Baekyeol, up and down. She softly scoffed at the Beauty. ‘He is nothing special...how is he known to be the best model around the world,’ she thought, remembering how he acted when they did the magazine spread back in her home country. How Baekyeol was a flirt with most of the employees, especially the males,  disregarding the fact that he had to act dignified and professional. Haruyo sighed. ‘I’m stuck with a good for nothing, in the making.’

The models looked up upon hearing Henri called for them. The designer informed them that they would start with the first half of their fashion magazine that will introduce their newly merged fashion house. “The clothes are on the fifth floor. Please head down there where our photographer for the day is Mr. Félicien Viennoiserie. It’s going to a long day as well.”

Baekyeol stood up, grabbing his bag. “Great.” He turned his heel, heading out first. Henri ushered the models to follow, in which they stood up and did. Haruyo took the first lead, and Amvrosy quickly followed, almost stumbling in his steps.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As they reached the fifth floor, they were immediately greeted by Mr. Viennoiserie. “Ah, the beauties!”

“You mean one beauty.” Baekyeol corrected, causing Haruyo to glance at him. She rolled her eyes, walking past him.

“Pompous .” She whispered, but intentionally wanting Baekyeol to hear. It worked, and Baekyeol’s widen his eyes. He stared in disbelief that a model would speak to preeminent model like himself. He was about to lash out when Mr. Viennoiserie informed them that the makeup artists were ready for them.

“I’m sure Henri told you all that it is going to be a long day. There are six different outfits that each designer made, and we will start from the last one first, then work our way to the first outfit.” He clapped his hands together, “chop-chop.”

‘Chop-chop...I’ll chop that if I get the chance to do so.’ Baekyeol glared at Haruyo. He shook his head, mentally calming and composing himself. He went over to the makeup artist and sat on the chair.

“Doin’ alright, Baekyeol?”

“Just peachy, Aurélie...just peachy.”

“Oh...okay.” the makeup artist, Aurélie, decided to ignore it, not wanting to feel the wrath that is Baekyeol. She started to prep his face, while Baekyeol looked over his phone. He started to search Kris’ website, just to see how his uncle was doing after the interview. He can’t help, but still feel a bit annoyed towards Yitao. And for what? He did nothing towards him, but the fact that Yitao looked happy was raging him.

‘Stupid...Yitao…’ Baekyeol let out a deep exhale.

Within an hour, Aurélie finished Baekyeol’s makeup and even got his hair styled, he quickly got into his clothing. Dressed in an ivory high-low, cut out back and a long flowing chiffon dress, Baekyeol looked at himself in the mirror. ‘Hm...nice...nice.’

Haruyo, already finished with her makeup, as well as Amvrosy, glanced over at Baekyeol. She huffed. “Now looking at Baekyeol, what do you think of him?” Amvrosy looked up and turned to glance at Baekyeol. He shrugged; he was unsure how to respond to the question. “Hm...between you and me, I don’t like him.”

“Hu? Really?”

“Do you?”


“Well, he isn’t really someone that I would personally hang out with. He looks like he could rip you apart if you cross him,” he said in a whisper, scared that Baekyeol might hear, “we should be careful what he say around him…”

“I guarantee you...I will not. I could tell. I don’t like his attitude from the moment I laid eyes on him. He gives off that air of . And I don’t like that.”

“B-But Haruyo...our designers merged with Henri’s fashion house. We, in a way, work for him.”

“Please, the only reason we are here is because it will give more exposure for our designers and their work.”

“But still…”

“One step out of bound, I will not back down. He doesn’t scare me, nor do I feel like my job is on the line.”

“Haruyo, Amvrosy...come now,” Mr. Viennoiserie said, gesturing for the two to come over, “we will start now. Like I said, we have a long day ahead of us.” He lend out his hand and his assistant handed him his camera. “We will start with a group shot and go off from there.”

Baekyeol looked over at the set, seeing one grand, golden colored chair with a crimson colored velvet drape behind it. It looked like a royal set. He started to walk over, sitting down on the chair, thinking that the seat was meant for him, considering he the most known model. It surely is reserved for the best. However, Mr. Viennoiserie thought otherwise. “Baekyeol, that seat...Amvrosy is going to sit on it.”

Baekyeol jerked his head, facing the photographer. “Pardon?” ‘Why him?!’

“Because he is the only one wearing masculine clothing.” he gestured towards Amvrosy, who was hating the stares that everyone was giving him. The model lowered his head to avoid Baekyeol’s heating stare. “With you and Haruyo on either side of him, it will look balanced if he is in the middle.”

Baekyeol clicked his tongue, gripping the chair’s handles tightly. He let out a strained exhale and stood up. He smiled and nodded his head. “Okay.” he moved to the side, motioned with his hand for Amvrosy to come and sit down.

“Go, go,” Mr. Viennoiserie patted the model to hurry up and sit on the chair, “and let's get this started.”

Amvrosy staggered his way over, feeling a burning stare aiming right at him as he sat down on the chair. He looked up, but quickly looked down when met with Baekyeol’s stare. Haruyo, started to head over, standing right next to Amvrosy’s left side.

“Great,” Mr. Viennoiserie held up his camera, motioning his assistants to fix the lights and bring in the reflectors, “and let's start.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Already 5 hours into the session, and Baekyeol was already at that point of wanting to go back home. He was already getting bored, and a tad irritated with the other models. Of course he wanted the magazine to look good because if it doesn’t look good, then he doesn’t look good. He let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead to ease the annoyance. Baekyeol was sitting on a chair, relaxing while Haruyo was doing her solo spread pages for the magazine. However, with Haruyo, she was showing signs of ‘unprofessionalism’, according to what Baekyeol was seeing.

‘Jesus...is she really a model or what?!’ Baekyeol crossed his leg over as he watched Haruyo was being scolded by the photographer and director of the shoot.

“The angle isn’t flattering, Haruyo.”

“Haruyo, you look fat if you pose like that.”

“You look old if you pose your face like that, Haruyo.”

“Haruyo, you a veteran model, how are you making these mistakes?!”

Baekyeol listened as the vet model was being berated. It started to bring a bright smile on the Beauty’s face.

“Oh no,” Amvrosy said with concern, “Haruyo isn’t doing so well…”

“Hm?” Baekyeol leaned against the seat’s armrest. “You are not concerned are you?”

“H-Huh? But it is only natural to be concerned isn’t it? I mean, she is a co-worker after all.”

“You know...being in this industry is not a walk in the park. It is a competitive field.”

“E-Everyone knows that,” Amvrosy said, feeling a bit on edge now that he was talking with Baekyeol, “but you are making it sound that I shouldn’t let my guard down when I’m with Haruyo since she is a veteran model, but the thing is we could learn from Haruyo. She has far more experience than you and I.”

“Hm...I guess you are right.” Baekyeol stood up, nodding his head. Amvrosy took it by surprise and let out a shaky smile. “We should help each other,” he said, turning his attention to the timid Russian and let out a brightening smile, “I should help her out.” ‘So we can get the outta here…’ He excused himself and started to walk up towards Haruyo, seeing that she is trying her best to compose herself. It was just not her day, Baekyeol knew that. “Haruyo, I know that you are frustrated with what the director is saying, but why don’t I give you some suggestions?”

Haruyo felt her pride being struck. She tighten her right hand, balling it up. “Sorry, what was that?” She asked, turning her head to face the Beauty.

“Suggestions...you know...a professional model,” he gestured to himself, “helping out...another professional model. It is the right thing to do, hm?”

Just as he was about to give his two cents, Haruyo stood up abruptly. “Thanks, but no thanks.” She said, hinting that she was getting quite irritated. “I just need to cool off is all.” She said, straining a smile. “Especially not from you.” She mumbled under her breath as she started to walk passed the other.

“Hm?” Baekyeol blinked, “what was that?”

“Hu?”

“Did you say something to me?”

“Oh,” Haruyo nodded, “I did. I said I don’t want to take suggestions...especially from you.” She said, this time smiling almost genuinely.

“And why is that?” ‘This is testing me isn’t she?!’

Haruyo looked at Baekyeol up and down; she sighed. “Well, first of all I just don’t like you,” she let out a soft chuckle, “I don’t like people who act high and mighty. It is such an ugly look.”

Taken back, it was now Baekyeol’s turn to be composed. Afterall, there were employees still around and one wrong move, it will make him look bad. And he didn’t want that. He let out a smile. “You should probably look in the mirror then,” Baekyeol said, “and just for the record, does it look like I really give a damn if I act high and mighty? Can I not be proud of myself for a job well done? That is the thing...people misinterpret that for arrogance.”

Haruyo narrowed her eyes at the Beauty before shaking her head slightly. “You can be proud of yourself...but be more discreet about it. It is one of the qualities that can be easily turned into arrogance.”

Baekyeol rolled his eyes, and placed his hands behind him. He let out a shrug. “Okay, if that is what you think. Then I’ll let you de-stress.”

“Thank you.” Haruyo let out a strained smile. Just as she was about leave, she stopped in her steps. “Oh, and another note,” she said, “another reason why I don’t want to take any suggestions from you.”

“And what is it?” ‘And she calls me rude…’

She stepped closer, just so Baekyeol could hear her. “Another reason why I don’t want any pointers, especially from a ‘model’,” she said, doing air quotes with her fingers, “like you...is because I really don’t think of you as a model. At all.”

Baekyeol let out a scoff, trying his best to hold in his laugh. “I’m sorry...ah... what?”

“You are in the wrong area of the modeling business...high fashion isn’t if you. Commercial isn’t for you. I don’t understand why people want you on their covers, the face of beauty products, on runways, et cetera, et cetera. You don’t fit in any of that...Though, you do fit well for a gentlemen’s magazine. Considering you flirt with every employee, and dress in the most tightest clothes, shortest clothes, you kinda act and look like a to me” she let out a fake chuckle, “and the best part is that you act like you are the sweetest, little thing. Well, bull...plus, you didn’t work hard as any other model, huh? You had you uncle do most of the work. Pretty face is all you have...hm...pretty face, and ugly personality.”

Baekyeol widen his eyes, biting his lip to prevent himself from lashing out. Instead, he tried to let her words go from one ear and out there other, but those words did tick him off. He did work hard, even though his uncle did help him get a jump start. It’s not his fault that mommy and daddy gave him a face and body like he has now. It’s true that he feels a sense of achievement when working and it sells well; it’s not his fault that his personality is prideful. And he has awards to prove that. Plus, it is the designer’s choice to dress him in what clothing, not his. Not wanting to slap the veteran model and cause a scene, he let out an artificial smile. “If that is what you think.”

Haruyo hummed with satisfaction. “Great, now that you know how I feel about you, if you would excuse me.” She smirked before she turned around, and started to walk away, exiting the studio to get a bit of a breather.

‘What...a .’ Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek, ‘speaking to me like that...when I am the top model around the ing world!! Veteran? So, ing what...as if I give a damn if she was in the industry longer than I have been.’ “If anything, she should be praising me” She mumbled to himself.

“Baekyeol?”

Hearing Amvrosy’s voice, caused Baekyeol to snap from his focus on Haruyo. He turned, facing the timid Russian. “What?” He said, a bit forceful in this tone.

“U-Uh, where is Haruyo going? She knows that she can’t leave yet.”

Baekyeol glanced at the door that Haruyo left; he shrugged. “She is taking a breather. She will be fine.” He walked passed the other, wanting to take a breather himself. He informed the director that he wanted to take five, and the director gave the ‘ok’ sign. As he left, he could feel himself being pent up, ‘How dare she talks to me like that,’ he thought, biting onto his nail, ‘...I hope she falls and breaks her pretty, little legs...so she wouldn’t able to do any runways...or I hope someone throws acid on her face, so she will be disfigured!!’ “Veteran models are the worst,” he mumbled, “absolutely the worst. She has no idea who she is messing with.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next day, Baekyeol was still extremely angered about what Haruyo has told him. To keep his mind occupied, he decided to make his way to the Empire building to speak with Henri about his thoughts on his designs. Even after giving him his portfolio, he has said nothing to him or even given him ‘positive’ feedback. He stepped in the building, not even greeting the employees and headed straight to the elevators. As he pressed the button to Henri’s floor, and it took him straight up.

The elevator doors opened, and he stepped out, heading straight to Henri’s office. Not even knocking, he went in, not even being slightly courteous. Henri looked up from his paperwork, greeting the Beauty as he entered.

“Ah, Baekyeol...what brings you here? You are off today, you know?”

“I know, but the truth of me coming here is...my portfolio.”

“The what?”

“My portfolio...you know...the clothes that I have been designing and --”

“Oh, that…,” Henri nodded his head, though not very interested in the reminder, “uh...yeah, about that,” he placed his paperwork down and glanced up at the other, “I’m just way too busy with my things Baekyeol...I don’t have time to look at your hobby and give it my honest critique.”

“Is that...right.” Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek, a bit irritated that Henri didn’t even glance at his work. “Well, no matter, that’s fine. I mean, you are busy after all.”

“Yes,” Henri nodded, “very much so.” He returned back to his work, while Baekyeol took a seat in one of Henri’s chairs that were in front of his glassed-table. Thinking that Baekyeol was going to be quiet and let him work, he thought wrong.

“May I ask...why the hell I have work with those two so-called models when I worked hard to separate myself from Eden and Ichirou. I’m back where I’ve started!”

“Well, when merging fashion houses, it makes sense that use their top model as well. This fashion house is now a group that helps each other.”

“But I am not the top model in this fashion house! It is me with two other low-lives.”

“Though, you are still the most popular model in the world,” Henri said, assuring the model that his position wouldn’t be taken away from him, “you know that. Not Haruyo or Amvrosy can take that away, and they know it. In all honesty, they should be glad to be working with you. They can learn a lot.”

“I just want to make something clear with you...I strongly dislike working with them. Absolutely, 100% hate working with them...I can’t believe I have work be in the same photoshoot as them!”

“Tough news, but there will be times where you have to work with other models. Plus, Haruyo and Amvrosy are really good models in their respective house. They too are top models.”

‘Well, there should only be one.’ Baekyeol crossed his arms.

Henri sighed. “Is there something else? I’m very busy today and I would be great if I can have some peace.”

Baekyeol stared at the other, but let out an irritated sigh. “Okay,” he said, standing up, “I’ll leave.”

Not even saying goodbye, Baekyeol took his leave, and exited Henri’s office. Once the door closed, Henri leaned back in his chair, taking a five minute break from his paperwork. He paused for a minute, he started to let out a soft chuckle. Remembering Baekyeol’s request about his portfolio on his designs that what he has made for far started to make him laugh, almost uncontrollably.

In actuality, Henri did look over the portfolio and in Henri’s own personal and professional opinion, they were laughable. None of Baekyeol’s ‘outstanding’ designs or needlework were executed that well nor were they that spectacular. ‘For Baekyeol to think that he can be a fashion designer is truly outrageous,’ he thought, wiping the tears away from his eyes, ‘he should stick to what he knows best...being in front of the camera and look good is all he is good at anyways.’ Henri grabbed Baekyeol’s portfolio that he kept in his drawer, and started to look over them once again. And again, he started to laugh. “To be a fashion designer and to work beside me...and you think you have potential to be a fashion designer. Just from months of sewing is nothing.”

Henri tossed the portfolio in his trash can and resumed back to his paperwork.  

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Sorry for the mistakes~

Note(s):
If you know who Iris Duico-Valderama is...you get a cookie xD