7

Model Complexity

i swear...that  s w e a r i n g  is coming up in this fic.

thank you for the wait...

and about 36,800+K characters... ;; so low. usually, i try and hit 40+K characters

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao rested his head against his hands, letting his elbows prop up on the desk, as Henri’s assistants were right beside him, editing and checking the photos that were taken by the photographer. Its been months and now it was Fall, October to be exact. Once again, the LBR were doing well, marking their territory in the fashion world. Henri, even winning many awards for his collection. However, he couldn’t have done it without his most precious flower, Baekyeol.

Feeling himself heat up from irritation, he started to the first 4 buttons of his white button up. Yitao leaned back in his seat, rubbing his fingers against his lips. He never knew that working as both the photoshoot director and an model agent would have been this difficult. He glanced up, seeing LBR’s most precious flower, being kindhearted towards the visiting models of other companies, which Yitao was sure it was a bunch of bull.

“Are you hot?”

Yitao blinked before looking over his shoulder, seeing Eden right behind him. He changed out of his first outfit, and into a more fall-esque, classic look with blush blossom as its main color, and his hair styled to the side. Yitao cleared his throat. “Well, I’m irritated.” He said in Chinese, as he leaned more on his elbow that was still being supported on the desk.

“Erm…” Eden scratched his cheek, trying to figure out what the other said.

Yitao gave a weak chuckle. “It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it, I’m just tired.” He pushed his hair back. “Who would have thought that it would be this laborious.”

“Hm,” he nodded. Eden glanced a bit down, peeking at Yitao’s bare skin that was showing from the shirt. “Hu? You have a tattoo?” ‘Thats new...’

Yitao looked down at his own chest, and gave a simple nod. “Yeah, of a dragon,” he turned towards Eden. “I’m sure you know...my dad loves them. So, I got one tatted on my chest...lets just say my parents were not happy about it,” he chuckled. “Thank god for makeup, eh?”

“Hm,” Eden nodded. “Right.” He replied, biting his lips in the process.

“Where is Ichirou? You three are going to be up...like now.”

“Ah, he is… --”

On cue, Ichirou came strolling in towards Eden and Yitao. He wrapped his arm around the other LBR’s model’s shoulder, smiling like an idiot. “I’m ready for the photoshoot!”

“Of course you are,” Yitao shooed them towards the set. “Get over there...remember it is a Fall setting, and sell the clothes.”

“Roger that, Boss!” Ichirou saluted the other.

Yitao cleared his throat, and stood up from his seat. “Noel,” he called the other french model from the other modeling company; the said model turned around, a bit annoyed that Yitao called for him, when he was talking with Baekyeol. “Switch...these two are up now.” He swore Noel said a few curse words here and there as he left the set. ‘Whoa, calm down bro.’ Yitao shook his head. As he was about to take a seat, he saw Baekyeol giving him an angry stare. The young Panda ignored him, and sat fully down on his seat.

“Ah, Yitao,” the young Panda tighten his lips, as he turned around in his seat to see Henri approaching him with a smile on his face. He placed his hand on Yitao’s shoulder, causing Yitao in trying every power in his body to not swat it away. “How are my models doing?” Before Yitao could respond, he quickly asked about Baekyeol, if his precious flower was doing well.

“He is doing just fine.” Yitao said. “Peachy.”

“Great. Carry on.” Henri patted him on the back, and left, back to his office. Yitao watched, and directed the models in what to do, and what would be right for the fashion Fall magazine that was coming up.

The young Panda glanced at the computer screen where the photos would show up after the shot was taken. He leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms in the process. He was disappointed. Not because the photographer was horrible, not because of Eden or Ichirou, but how Baekyeol was posing and expression he was giving didn’t scream model. It screamed more of seduction in his eyes.

And he didn’t like that.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao leaned against the outside wall of the LBR building, phone against his ear. He mumbled words here and there, hoping that his father would hurry and pick up. Within a few rings, the other line picked up.

“Dad?”

“Hm? Yitao?” Kris was currently at his desk, looking over papers, and sketch work for his new designs for his stores as well as for the fashion magazine that was coming up. “What is it?”

It wasn’t because Yitao didn’t inform his father about his new position in LBR, it was more because his father was busy and couldn’t even take calls. Not even from his own flesh and blood. “Dad...did Henri tell you that he made me the photoshoot director?”

“Hm? No he didn’t...but that is good Yitao.” Kris said, looking over his papers. “Are you working hard?”

Yitao scratched the back of his head, feeling that his father didn’t quite understand that he was being miserable here, and that he wanted to go home. Instead of getting a lecture, he quickly discarded the thought. As if Kris knew, he sighed. “I know...Yitao, that you want to come home right?” He didn’t answer, causing Kris to sigh once more. “Yitao, we talked about this...this will be a good for work experience...not everything is easy, Yitao...I don’t want you to be relying on my money or think that just because we are living the good life, that you have a easy ride --”

“Dad, I know that, but I don’t want to be working for him --”

“Yitao, that is just an excuse.” The young Panda bit his lip, leading his head rest against the wall. “Yitao, just hold up your head high...okay?”

It took awhile for Yitao to respond, but he nodded. “Okay...dad.” He said with a hint of coldness. He wasn’t liking the response his own father told him. Yes, he understood that he had to work hard, just like his father did, but rather work for his own father, instead of someone like Henri, in which he still believes that he took his father’s ideas in design. That and as well as look after the other models, Eden, Ichirou, and especially the Beauty.

“Good. I have to go, I have work to do.”

“Ok --”

“Work hard, Yitao.” Kris said. “Love you.” With that, he hanged up, letting the beeps echo in Yitao’s ears.

“I will try, dad.” Yitao whispered, before locking his cellphone, and placing it in his pocket. He sighed, and started to head back in the LBR building.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

After a few more of the photoshoots, the visiting models gave their thanks and bid their farewell. Yitao hummed as he leaned against the table; he watched as the visiting models gave their extra thanks towards Baekyeol.

Like always, the Beauty batted his lashes, smiling sweetly towards them.

“Hey, Yitao,” the young Panda looked to his side, seeing Eden dressed in casual clothing. “We are going to head out...erm, I was wondering if you wanted to hangout?”

“Hangout?” He raised his eyebrow at the other. In all honesty, he was exhausted. He just wanted to rest back at the suite.

“Yeah, just, um, you and me.”

‘Just the two of us?’ “Hm, well…,” he scratched his cheek with his index. “Sure, why not.” ‘I can just rest when I get home anyway.’

Eden blinked a couple of times before giving off a beaming expression. “Wow, I didn’t actually think that it would have worked,” he rubbed the back of his neck. “I was expecting a ‘no’.”

Both chuckled, causing Baekyeol to glance at their direction. He raised his eyebrow at them, wondering what was so funny. ‘Since when were they that close?’ Baekyeol continued to sneak a couple of glances at the two, until he felt Ichirou pat his back. His attention turned away. “What?”

“Wow, your voice was pointed right now…” Ichirou placed his hands up in a guard. “What is up with you?”

“Nothing.” He crossed his arms. “Nothing at --”

“Were you looking at Yitao and Eden?” Baekyeol didn’t answer. “I guess I hit it right? Ah, well, guessing from their expressions, I guess Eden was able to get Yitao to go out with him tonight.”

“Huh?” Baekyeol looked at the other, with questioning eyes. “What did you just say?”

Ichirou cleared his throat. “Erm, well, Eden was telling me about it...that h-he wanted to go and hangout with Yitao after work. I told him that he probably won’t go for it...knowing how cold he is, and he is probably exhausted from today, but he went for it regardless.” Ichirou looked passed Baekyeol, nodding his head. “But it looks like they will be going out tonight.”

The Beauty tighten his lips, slightly puffing his cheeks. ‘Is that so...being nice towards Eden, huh?’ “Why does Yitao like Eden so much?” He mumbled to himself, yet Ichirou was able to hear.

“Maybe because Eden is nice?” Ichirou responded. “And he is pretty much...you know, he doesn’t give off that air of impoliteness...or conceitedness ya know?”

Baekyeol frowned; he eyed him. “And you think I am?”

Ichirou knew that he was stepping toes here. He decided to shut his own mouth, and quickly bowed towards the Beauty. With that, he quickly left. “Nice work everyone!” He said towards the employees. He left the building, leaving a few of the employees behind.

“Like what Ichirou said,” Henri started, descending from the steps. “Have a good night everyone...start up again at the same time.” He nodded his head to his employees.

Everyone started to usher out, and Baekyeol ended up being the last one. He contemplated in if he should follow Yitao and Eden, or not. ‘I shouldn’t even care...why the hell am I even thinking about following them…’ He scratched his head. ‘I should be going home and be getting my beauty sleep.’ He glanced over to the side, seeing Yitao and Eden were now walking away. Baekyeol tapped his foot repeatedly; he just couldn’t do it. Within a perfect distance, he started to follow them.

“Baekyeol,” the said Beauty, groaned, rolling his eyes in the process. He looked over his shoulder seeing Henri gesturing him over. “Good work today.”

“Uh --”

“Nice job as usual.” Henri patted Baekyeol on the cheek, almost lovingly. The Beauty made nothing of it, and leaned back, away from the touch.

“Thanks, but I have to go now.” He wasn’t going to waste time. He had to follow Yitao and Eden.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Baekyeol followed close, watching them like hawks. Yitao and Eden, oblivious to the Beauty following, were talking among each other, figuring out places to eat, and such in the city of Paris. Eventually, they ended up at a small restaurant near a small plaza with a beautiful fountain displayed at the center. The Beauty watched as the two were seated outside. ‘Perfect.’ Baekyeol thought. ‘I can watch from the outside.’ He adjusted his shades, and followed closely.

Yitao pulled back the seat for Eden, which caught the model by surprise. “W-what are you doing?” Eden asked, adjusting his hat.

“Hm? Pulling back the seat? Is that bad?” Yitao asked. “My bad --”

“N-no, it’s just weird...a little bit.”

Yitao chuckled, and pulled his own seat out. Their waiter got their orders, and left the two to resume back in their conservation. Baekyeol watched near by, sitting on a bench instead. He felt his perfect manicured nails digging into the palm of his hands, himself biting into his lip, hard. He was starting to get annoyed at seeing Yitao smile and laugh openingly towards Eden, when he hasn’t expressed any happy expression towards him in a long time. It just showed the Beauty that Yitao had favorites. It started to anger him, which caught him quickly by surprise.

‘A-am I seriously...mad?’ Baekyeol blinked a couple of times, before looking down at his palm. He opened his hands, seeing the rim of his nails left their imprints. ‘Why am I even mad…Yitao can be with whoever he wants.’ He knitted his eyebrows. ‘Though, I find it wrong of him to be nice at certain people.’ The Beauty continued to watch, seeing Yitao laughing at the comment Eden made, causing Baekyeol to frown. He just didn’t like it, and he still didn’t understand why he was getting irritated.

Eden beamed. Unlike the Beauty, he was having a great time with the other. He listened, he laughed, he made a comment, and Yitao laughs. ‘Yitao is so different when he isn’t working...he looks so relaxed.’

As for the young Panda, it has been years since he had a good time. To him, Eden was a little pill that calmed him down. Everyone around caused him headaches, pains in the body, and were very much energy drainers. He knew that this was bad, especially for his health, but whenever Eden was around, a wave of calmness always came over him. He liked it.

“Sirs, your dinner.” The waiter was hold two plates of delicious food. He placed them on the table, and nodded his head towards them. “Have a wonderful meal.” With a nod, he left the two to enjoy their dinner.

As they ate, Baekyeol decided to take his leave. He just couldn’t handle it. Instead, he found it disgusting.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“You really didn’t have --”

“I’m just doing my job.” Yitao said, interrupting the other’s sentence.

Eden felt a tinge of pink formed on his face. After dinner, it ended up being close to where Eden’s new current residence. He informed Yitao that it would be fine, that he could have walked by himself, yet Yitao discarded it. “But --”

“I,” he started, as he glanced over at the other. “Am just doing my job. I should make sure that all LBR’s models are well and safe.” ‘Even if it kills me.’ He mentally groaned.

They walked for another 10 minutes, until arriving at Eden’s new residence. “So, this is where you live.” He nodded, seeing the new apartment building complex; a quaint country-styled apartment. “I have never seen anything like this…”

“Yeah, it is brand new.” Eden took two steps up that was heading to the main doors of the apartment complex. “And it is a bit closer to the LBR building, so thats good...didn’t you and Baekyeol move as well?”

“Hm,” Yitao nodded. The two ended up moving in another 5-star hotel, on the top floor; a magnificent suite, courtesy of Henri and his connections. However, the suite was big enough for the two to be living in. Baekyeol and himself were now living together. As much as he hated it, considering of how Baekyeol acts back in the suite, he was just thankful that they have separate rooms. “Yeah...top floor, this time.”

“Must be nice.”

Yitao scoffed. “Well, anyway,” he cleared his throat. “I’m gunna let you go now.”

“O-oh, okay. Erm, walk safe.”

The young Panda nodded. “Have a good night.” With that, he waved the other goodbye, and started to walk away. Eden watched until he could no longer see his modeling agent. A flush of pink formed on his face, that he quickly went up the steps to the apartment complex.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It took awhile, but Yitao made it home safely. He swiped his key card, and entered. It was dark. ‘Guess Baekyeol went to sleep.’ He turned around to lock the main door, making sure that everything was secure. As he turned around, he quickly slammed his back against the door, hissing a bit at the locks that digged into his back.

“God dammit, Baekyeol.” Yitao shook his head.

In front of him was none other than the Beauty, all dressed in his night clothes, getting ready for bed. He took of his night mask, and wiped off the excess content from his face. “You just got home?” He said in a dull voice.

“Clearly.” Yitao rolled his eyes, and walked passed the other. “Why aren’t you in bed, huh? We have to wake up tomorrow morning for that commercial that you are doing with ‘Un Thé Sucré’...get to bed.”

“Oh, sure...you have time to take Eden out, but for me, you force me to go to bed. We have the same schedule ya know. And so does Ichirou.” Baekyeol huffed, shoulder bumping against Yitao.

“Hey, what the hell -- hey, I’m looking out for you three plus the rest of the other models, and you being the most “precious” one out of the 20 models we have...I have to make sure that I am taking special care of you.” He said with a bit of coldness in his voice.

“Oh, yeah, yeah sure.” Baekyeol waved off carelessly. “Whatever, with the commercial, I’m going to be in most of the shots anyway. Besides, Eden isn’t even up to my level of success anyway --”

“Hey,” Yitao made his way over to Baekyeol, gripping his arm tightly, causing the Beauty to yelp a bit. “Do not speak about your co-workers that way!” He said, scolding him. “He is hardworking just like you all...don’t be an insolent person, Baekyeol. Just because you are face of LBR doesn’t mean that you are given the right to speak ill about your co-workers?” He tighten his grip, angry that Baekyeol has said a comment about Eden, and figuratively speaking about the other models. The Beauty gave an angry expression.

“You are hurting me.” He said, almost hissing.

“Do not...speak ill about them. Got it?”

Baekyeol pulled his arm back harshly. “Whatever.”

With that one word response, Baekyeol made his way to his room, slamming his door. Yitao shook his head in disappointment. ‘How did I ever lo --...hm.’ He went to his room and closed the door.

Baekyeol on the other hand went straight for his pillow and screamed hard. Yitao was now getting onto his nerves. He grabbed his plushies that were given to him by fans and threw them against the wall. ‘That Yitao!!’ He huffed, and started to pace in his room. ‘That...t-that,’ he exhaled, trying his best to calm himself. ‘Calm down, Baekyeol...don’t want to ruin that perfect face of yours...think about it...stressing and getting angry will result in crows feet and an ugly complexion.’ He went straight to his mirror, and checked out his face, looking his left cheek, before turning to his right. ‘I have to look good for that commercial...better get some sleep...’

With a release of an angry sigh, Baekyeol climbed onto his bed, trying his best to fall asleep. However, his anger towards Yitao still lingered in his mind.

‘Stupid Yitao with his stupid favorites...’ He thought, before turning over to his side, clutching his pillow tightly.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Yitao scratched the back of his neck, while sipping on his cup of coffee. He watched as the three main models of LBR were doing a rundown on what to do for the commercial, a drink commercial to be more specific.

“Bonjour,” the youthful, girl said with a sweet smile on her face. Yitao responded back, with the same attitude; a smile. “How are you on this fine morning?” She asked kindly.

“Tired...to be honest.” Yitao chuckled.

The two started to converse, while the models were being taught what to do. Baekyeol glance over, seeing Yitao being sweet, this time, a person that the young Panda doesn’t even know. To the Beauty, it showed that Yitao was nice to anyone, but him. He scrunched up his face, and tighten his hands that was hold onto the hem of his long shirt.

“Baekyeol, are you listening?” The Beauty blinked, and glanced up at the director of the commercial.

“Yes.” Baekyeol cleared his throat. “Yes, I am.”

“Good, okay, so, Baekyeol would be the face, of course --” The director trailed on his instructions while, the Beauty’s mind blocked out what the other was saying. In all honesty, he didn’t really need to hear it. It would be easy on his part, considering he didn’t have to do much, and most of the camera time would be on him. He yawned a bit, while the director continued.

“And that should be it. We should be done around 3pm...4 o’clock at least.” The director said. “So, please, get ready, and we will be shooting the first scene at 8 o’clock.”

With that, the models started to head towards their stations, getting ready and dressed. Yitao hummed, sitting down on the chair that was given to him. He leaned back in his seat as he watched the models started to get ready for their commercial. He let out a yawn. ‘Damn,’ he wiped his eyes. ‘Not much sleep, huh?’

From the confrontation between Baekyeol and himself, he just couldn’t get any sleep. It got him angry that Baekyeol started to speak ill of Eden, and implying that the other models of LBR, or anywhere else in the world, were no match for him. ‘Hm,’ he scoffed. ‘Being an elitist are always the ugliest of people.’ Even though his stare didn’t mean it, he glared at Baekyeol, who acted as he was the princess of the whole commercial. His direction turned towards to Eden and Ichirou who were talking among themselves as they got ready. They laughed, made jokes it seemed, and even talked with the stylists. Yitao gave a small smile. ‘Those two are the strongest among the three...’

“Would you like any breakfast?” Yitao looked up, seeing the same girl that he spoke to before. “Have you eaten yet?”

“Uh, no I haven’t -- erm, I’m sorry, what was your name again?”

“Oh, it’s Antoinette.”

“Ah, Yitao,” he extended his hand towards her. “I’m --”

“The modeling agent. I know.” She smiled as she shook his hand.

“Hm, that breakfast. I think I’ll take up on that.”

“Great. We brought some food from the restaurant two blocks down from here. It is really good, I’m sure you will enjoy it.”

Baekyeol took a quick peek, in seeing that Yitao was speaking with Antoinette. As Yitao smiled and nodded in what she was saying, he gripped onto the chair’s handles as hard as he could, until they turned white. The male stylist that was going Baekyeol’s hair noticed and asked him what was wrong.

“Nothing is wrong.” He hissed at the stylist.

Immediately, the stylist went back to work.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

It was already 4 o’clock on the dot and the shoot for the commercial was now over. Baekyeol smiled and thanked everyone that helped for the commercial, however, deep inside, he was irritated. Not that Eden and Ichirou were messing up, or that the stylists didn’t do this makeup properly, it was because he was the one messing up.

He smiled once again, until he made sure that none were looking at his direction. He gave a scowl, and directed his attention to Yitao, who gave a job well done to Eden and Ichirou. ‘Again with that damn smile...it is his fault that I could even concentrate!! It is his fault that I messed up!!’ He quickly walked towards the changing room, to change back to his casual outfit. He walked out, handing the outfit back to the stylist, not even saying a word.

“G-Good work today.” The stylist said nervously.

Baekyeol waved it off and started to head towards Yitao and the others. “Lets go, I’m hungry.”

Yitao rolled his eyes. “Fine, we will get something on our way back.” Yitao turned towards the assistants of the director, thanking them and that they will take their leave. “Okay, lets go.”

“Can we get sandwiches? I want some sandwiches.” Ichirou raised his hand up, beaming like an idiot.

“Okay, fine.”

With that, the four exited the building and got into their car. Yitao drove to the nearest sandwich shop and did the order through the window. They got their food and Yitao started to drive back to the LBR building for a fitting for their clothes for the other half of the Fall collection.

“Thanks for the food Yitao!” Ichirou said, throwing his wrapper in the bag.

“Yes, thank you.” Eden nodded, also throwing his food in his bag. Baekyeol on the other hand, kept quiet, but Yitao didn’t make much of it.

“No problem guys...good work today.”

“Hm, maybe for us,” Ichirou chuckled, “But not for Baekyeol! Dude, what happened? You were like, messing up the whole time.”

“Shut up!” Baekyeol slapped Ichirou hard on the shoulder.

“Ow, what the hell?” He rubbed his arm.

“Baekyeol!” Yitao scolded, looking through his rear window. “Did you just slap Ichirou?!”

“He was bothering me!”

“Well, you don’t have slap him!!”

Both Ichirou and Eden were taken back at the scolding that Yitao was giving. To them, it looked as if it were a parent scolding a child. “Y-Yitao, I’m not that hurt.” Ichirou said, trying to calm him down. “I was just taken by surprise --”

“Still, it wasn’t right...Baekyeol.”

Baekyeol started to mouth off, acting as if some spoiled teenager, and continued to look out his window. Yitao sighed, and continue to drive. Ichirou looked over at Eden, biting his lip in worry.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Ah, there are my models,” Henri clapped as he descended from the steps. “How was the commercial?”

“It was !” Baekyeol huffed, throwing his bag on the tables. Ichirou and Eden, especially Yitao, widen their eyes at the comment.

‘Just how was it ‘’?’ Yitao looked over at Henri, knowing that he was going to ask ‘what happened’.

“Just...what happened?”

“I kept messing up!” Baekyeol turned his head towards Yitao. “Why didn’t you say anything to me?!”

“What?”

“You are the modeling agent, right? You have to look after us, right? Well, while you were busy helping Ichirou and Eden, you left me in the dust!”

“What the hell are you talking about?! I did help you, but whatever I said, goes out in that other ear of yours!” Yitao defended himself. During the commercial, sure, he would help Ichirou and Eden, because they asked for it, unlike Baekyeol. He would give the Beauty some tips, or a little help here and there, but Baekyeol would brush it off, completely disregarding his assistance.

“Well, you should have done a better job in helping me regardless!”

Both stared at each other with anger in their eyes. Instantly, Ichirou and Eden made their way over to the two, Ichirou pulling Yitao back, while Eden did with Baekyeol. However, it ended up being the wrong move, that Baekyeol slapped Eden away, yet scratch his chin a bit, causing it to bleed slightly.

“Eden!” Yitao clicked his tongue, seeing the blood drip. “God, Baekyeol, what the fu--”

“Okay, enough.” Henri said with authority in his voice. “Yitao please come to my office.”

A sigh escaped from his lips. “Yes, sir.” As he walked passed the Beauty, he ignored him completely. Baekyeol narrowed his eyes, and made his way to one of the couches. The assistances helped Eden with the slight tear of his skin.

“You alright?” Ichirou asked, gently patting Eden on the shoulder.

“Hm,” Eden gave a smile. “I’m okay. It’s just a tear, nothing major.”

A nod was made, and Ichirou took a seat right next to the other.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Yitao,” Henri started, as he sat on his chair. “What was the meaning of that? What did Baekyeol even mean?”

“I tried to help him! But he is disregarding everything I am saying! I’m trying to help him, but he is too arrogant -- full of himself, and he thinks that he can to it by himself!” Yitao threw his hands up in the air. “Your ‘precious flower’ is getting on my nerves! I just have to be honest here, sir.”

“Hm,” Henri nodded. “But you’ve known Baekyeol for the longest...you should know how he acts, what he does, things like that.”

“B-but --”

“No excuse, Yitao, you should’ve known, and found a way to counter that. I can’t be around the models all the time, especially for other things like the commercial. That is why I am trusting you Yitao...please don’t make me think otherwise, and your father.”

Yitao held his breath. His father. The child will always reflect on how the parent raised them. He didn’t want his father to look bad, even if he was ignoring his feelings. “F-fine…I’ll look after Baekyeol with more of a keen eye.”

“Good.” Henri nodded. “You may go...let Baekyeol know that he is up for the fitting first, okay?”

“Yes, sir.” Yitao sighed, and started to exit out of Henri’s office. He went over to the railing and called out Baekyeol. “Baekyeol, get your as -- hm, get to the changing room. You will be going first.”

Baekyeol looked up, rolling his eyes first before getting up from the couch he was sitting on.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As the other two models were being fitted, Eden waited patiently for his turn. Yitao came over and sat right next the other,; he started to say that he was sorry for what had happened. Eden beamed, and shook his head. “It is nothing. Do not worry about it. It is a small scratch, which can be easily covered up with makeup anyway.”

“Hm, I guess.” Yitao sighed, pushing his hair back, causing some of the strands to stand up. Eden took the opportunity to fix it, smoothing out his hair, and making sure that his hair wouldn’t cover up his sharp eyes. “Thanks, for that.” He pointed at his hair. “I should get a haircut or something…dye it.”

“Dye? Why? Black suits you.”

“I’m bored with black. I wanna go red.”

Eden glanced down, trying to imagine the other with red hair. ‘Like a bright red...dark red...oh, dark red would be nice.’

“Eh, Baekyeol has been such an lately. More than usual.” He leaned back in his seat. “It has taken a toll on my you know...I’m about this close into punching him in the throat.”

“T-That isn’t very nice you know.”

“Figuratively speaking.”

“Hm, still. It’s not nice.”

Yitao peeked at the other, before chuckling a bit, which got the model surprised. “You are too nice.”

Eden puffed his cheeks out slightly, trying his best to give out his angry expression, to show that he could be mean and angry as well, but it ended up making Yitao laugh. A blush formed on his face, and quickly looked the other way. The young Panda chuckled once again, before patting Eden on the head.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next couple of weeks have passed, Yitao started to feel that his blood pressure was rising. Baekyeol has started to become more discourteous towards his fellow co-workers, even to the stylists, and even to him, especially to him. None even talked to Henri about, considering that Baekyeol was his most prized little flower that could do no harm whatsoever. It started to bother Yitao, but whenever he informed Henri, he would always reply with the same response: ‘You’ve known him the longest, you know how to counter that attitude of his.’

Yitao was starting to think that Baekyeol was just too much for him. The young Panda sat on a vacant seat, resting his head on his hands. He rubbed his eyes furiously wanting to let out a scream, yet he forced himself not to.

“Yitao, you okay?”

A wave of calmness came over him; he looked up to see Eden with a worried expression on his face. “Eden.”

“I-I was just checking up on you...you looked like you were going to tear someone apart.” He took a seat right next to him, handing him a cup of herbal tea. “This should calm you a bit. It is Honeybush...it’s really good.” He handed the cup over, in which Yitao took. The aroma of the tea filled his senses, and again, he felt calm. Yitao took a sip, and the sweet taste ran against his throat.

With a of his lips, he hummed. “This is good.”

Eden beamed. “I’m glad. Knew you will love it! Yeah, I was worried...”

“Hm, sorry about that. I didn’t mean to worry you. It’s just that…I got scolded again by Henri about Baekyeol...again.” He shook his head. “This is getting to be bad for my health.”

By then Baekyeol was walking by, but stopped. He back tracked and saw Eden with Yitao. With an irked expression, he hid behind the wall, and listened to their conversation.

“Don’t worry too much about it, or else it will really take a toll on your health. You just need to find ways to relax.” Eden nodded his head. “For example, a nap.”

“A nap…”

“Hm, a nap. Or maybe listen to some calming music...or drink some herbal tea...o-or you could talk to me about it. I’ll l-listen.”

Yitao gave a warm smile, which Baekyeol caught quickly. ‘Stupid Yitao with that damn smile of his!!’ The Beauty started to feel his anger rise. ‘Stupid Eden...why does Yitao have to be nice to him anyway!?’ From that moment, he remembered what Ichirou said a few months back. ‘What if Eden does have some sort of feelings towards Yitao?’ He softly scoffed. ‘Yeah right...Yitao is merely picking favorites...and Eden seems to be his favorite one...stupid Yitao...he should be giving all his attention equally, but more so on me!! I am the face of his company!! All attention should be on me! Without me, this company would have been gone!!' Baekyeol blinked a bit. 'Besides, why the hell should I care anyway if the two grow in wanting to each other?’

The more watched, the more he started to feel himself getting huffy.

“Their friendship...is disgusting.” He mumbled to himself.

With that he walked away.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The next morning, another photoshoot was taken place in the LBR building, finishing up with their fall magazine. Baekyeol was getting his makeup all ready, when he saw that Eden was all done. He hummed. ‘Hmpt...Eden is an irritation to the eye.’

Once he was done, him, and the two others made their way to the set to get photographed. In the midst of getting their picture taken, Yitao raised his eyebrow in seeing that Baekyeol was bullying Eden in the most sliest of ways. They were subtle actions, and Eden was insensitive to the actions that Baekyeol was doing. The photographer was even tired of Eden's mistakes, which caused the other to feel humiliated. What gave it away as well was Baekyeol’s prominent smirk.

Yitao had about enough if it.

After the shoot, Yitao called over the Beauty to the side, a bit secluded from everyone else; he was about to scold him for bullying Eden in that way, and he wasn’t going to let that slide over. However, Baekyeol started to become oblivious, and was unsure what Yitao meant.

“Don’t be a , Baekyeol, I know what you did.”

He rolled his eyes. “I have no idea what you mean.”

“No idea -- please, you know what you were doing, and I won’t tolerate for that.”

“Hey, it wasn’t my fault, okay. Eden was the one that was messing up! I wasn’t bullying him! You should get those Chinese eyes of yours fixed, so you can see better!”

“You --”

“And you shouldn’t even be yelling at me! The only yelling you should be giving his Eden! He is the one messing up! Not me! Besides, I am the face of his company! I do not make mistakes!”

“Don’t make mistakes -- the hell are you are talking about?! You are freakin’ human, Baekyeol! Everyone makes mistakes! You’re not perfect! Besides, you made a mistake couple weeks ago at the commercial!”

“That was your fault that I failed! You weren’t even helping me!”

Yitao started to feel his anger rising even more. He exhaled slowly, and started to back up from Baekyeol. “You know, I cannot deal with you...at all anymore. I just can’t.” He raised his hands up in surrender form. “I give up. I don’t care, and I’m just gunna give up now.” He started to make his way down stairs. “ you, Baekyeol, you.”

Baekyeol widen his eyes; he was equally angry. “Well, you too, you good for nothing, waste of space, son of a !” He made his way to the railing. “You parents will be oh so proud of you returning home...as a failure!! Couldn’t even do this job well enough!! You , Yitao!!”

The young Panda turned around and gave him the finger.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Stupid Baekyeol.” Yitao said harshly as he packed his things in his bags. “I should have punched him in the throat when I had the chance...stupid, son of a .”  He sat down on the desk, and took out his notebook. He started to write a letter of resignation. ‘Mom and dad are going to be angry with me for sure...’ He felt his hand tremble in writing the next word. ‘My happiness is more important than this.’ With that, he continued to write.

Once he was done, he re-read the note, making sure everything  was right and presentable. He grabbed his cellphone, calling the number of the website he was looking at earlier.

“Hello, thank you for calling Charles De Gaulle airport, my name is Fleurette, how may I be at service to you?”

“Hello, erm, I was wondering if you have any flights available to Seoul, South Korea?”

“For what date?”

“October 10th please? T-Tomorrow I mean.”

“One moment please,” Yitao nodded, and waited. He heard the lady at the other end clear . “We have 5 that are scheduled to leave for South Korea on the 10th of October...one on two are at 1:30pm, one at 7:50 a night, and two at 9pm.”

“Nothing in the morning?”

“Nope...nothing in the morning.”

“Hm, okay. I’ll book the one at 1:30pm please.” ‘I’ll just stay with Eden -- No, I’ll stay in a hotel or something...I don’t want him to know...he will just try and talk my out of it...besides,like hell, I’ll stay here with Baekyeol.'

“Okay, just one moment sir.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

The purple haired, photographer placed his camera down, sighing a bit.

“Joonxing...you aren’t giving your 100% today.”

“H-hu?” Joonxing looked up, feeling a blush on his face. He was embarrassed. “S-sorry, Byunghwa! I-I --”

“No need...why don’t we take a break hm?” He gave a small smile, and handed his camera to his assistant.

Joonxing nodded, apologizing once again for his lack of energy. He made his way over to Xiuchen, who took it upon himself to go visit the other. He was starting to worry about Joonxing, seeing that everytime he comes home, he would have a crestfallen expression. As Joonxing sat down with the other, he handed him one of his favorite cookies that he made for him. Instead of taking it, Joonxing shook his head, which got him more worried.

“S-sorry Xiuchen, I’m just not hungry today…”

Xiuchen but his lip, and placed the cookie in its tupperware. “Joonxing, I know you are doing your best and all...so please, keep your head up high.”

“I’m trying, but...I just can’t seem to focus as much....” He let out a sigh; he rested his elbows on his knees, and rested his head against his hands. Joonxing just missed his cousin, and Baekyeol, though he couldn’t rely on them too much; he had to make a name for himself. Just a few days ago, he heard one of his co-workers talking how Joonxing was the weakest model out of the three. That he was just resting on the pillars that Yitao and Baekyeol created. Some even made fun at how he wasn’t even model material, that he was just a waste of space in Kris’ company. He didn’t want people to even think that; he would told his uncle about it, but was too scared to even say it. Scared that the other models would bully him.

With a crestfallen expression still on his face, Xiuchen lifted his face up, using his hands, and letting them rest on his cheeks. He have a warm smile, gently them with his thumbs. “Please, do not worry,” he said. “Joonxing, you are great at this, just keep going, okay?”

Joonxing’s heartbeat; he felt his cheeks over heating that he quickly leaned back, causing Xiuchen’s touch to disappear. He cleared this throat, and nodded.

“Oh, Xiuchen is here.” The said boy looked over his shoulder, seeing the Dragon’s models, dressed appropriately for the Fall magazine collection. It was Junyoung, the newcomer, model in Kris’ company. Xiuchen remembered him well, and he disliked him a bit. Not because he felt that he didn’t belong in Kris’ company, its because he acted as if he was the best out of all the models. Junyoung gave a warm smile towards the young Bun, a bit too close in his personal bubble.

“Y-yeah,” he said leaning back a bit. “I came to visit Joonxing.” Junyoung glanced over at the other, with a hint of annoyance. He considered Joonxing to be a failure as a model.

“Ah, I see...Joonxing,” Jun stood up straight. “How was your shoot, hm?” He gave a smirk. “Did you do well?”

“U-um, I-I, well --”

Junyoung sighed. “You know, Boss Kris won’t be happy that you are failing. Even if you are his nephew...he just might let you go. Besides, the Dragon’s birds are already old...ever since the departure of Yitao and Baekyeol, his precious top models, he has been going down in business...his ranks are going down...I’m sure Boss Kris notices this.”

‘W-what?’ “What are you even talking about, Junyoung?” Xiuchen stood up in his seat. ‘Uncle’s fashion company is failing? T-that can’t be, Junyoung is just trying to scare Joonxing.’ “Don’t spread such lies, Junyoung. Joonxing is doing fine on his own. He is afterall one of the Dragon’s Birds anyway...and uncle's fashion house is doing just fine.”

“You poor little Bun...you don’t even know what goes around here.” He placed his hand under Xiuchen’s chin, but he was quick to swat it away.

“Don’t be mean, Junyoung. That is not how co-workers are suppose to be anyway...talking as if uncle’s fashion empire will crumble like that and speaking ill about his co-workers..” Xiuchen slightly puffed his cheeks out. “And uncle’s fashion empire will not fall.”

Junyoung was taken by surprise, yet smirked. “We shall see about that.”

“If you are so sure...then why are you still here?”

“I’m here, until it falls.” With that Jun walked away.

Xiuchen narrowed his eyes, and turned towards Joonxing, who gave a week expression. “Don’t listen to him…”

Joonxing glanced over, and nodded. However, Jun’s words were just too much. Xiuchen bit his lip, he didn’t like seeing Joonxing feeling all defeated. He knows that he is a good model, and that he didn’t need to rest on Yitao and Baekyeol’s pillars of success. He can make his own, and spread his own wings to fly.

He went over to him, and hugged him tightly. Joonxing was taken back at the action, yet he felt comforted. He wrapped his arms around the other’s waist and pulled him close, letting his cheek rest against Xiuchen’s fluffy stomach.

Xiuchen’s cheek redden, yet smiled. ‘Don’t worry Joonxing, I know you can do it.’

A sense of worry that came over Joonxing, left immediately; he felt the young Bun’s hand gently brush hair, telling him that everything will be okay. Joonxing started to nestle close, a blush forming on his cheeks.

The more he started to love the young Bun.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Kris leaned against the wall, as he watched his youngest, playing happily with his aunties and uncles. He gave a slight nod, seeing that Jin is now comfortable with all the males, except for him. It started to make him think, why does Jin hate all the males before all of this. And now, why is he opened up to them, and not him. It confused the Dragon, but he still tried to find ways to make his youngest not cry everytime he seems him. His mind is so much on his youngest, that he doesn’t even realize what is going else around him.

He looked behind him, seeing Tao descend from the stairs with a new pair of clothing for Jin. Tao caught sight of him, and smiled. “Hello.”

Kris nodded. “Hey.”

“Why are you here?” Tao asked, reaching the last step. “Everyone is in the living room.”

“You know why, Tao.” He sighed.

“One of these days, Kris...you have to let Jin see you...I really don’t want him to be like...thinking I don’t have a father. I just have a mother taking care of me...besides, Sehun, Chen, Yixing...even Joonxing are taking care of Jin in your place...I don’t want to be a burden on them in taking care of our,” he said, stressing out the word. “Son. He is your son, not Sehun’s...not Yixing’s...not Chen’s...your son.”

“I know, but --”

“It is part of the new parenting experience...sure, okay, Yitao wasn’t like this, but this will be new for you. This is certainly new for me...being the one taking on the motherly role here.”

“But you are so good at it…”

“It’s because I am learning as I go. I am even reading books on how to take care of a baby.” Tao sighed. “Seriously, Kris...I don’t want Jin to think that he doesn’t have a father.”

“It’s like...you are making it out to be that I’m leaving or something.”

“I’m not...it’s just...just try harder...okay?”

Kris bit the inside of his cheek, seeing who the Panda in front of him, pleading with his eyes. He leaned down, and gave the other a quick kiss. “Okay, I’ll try harder.”

Tao smiled. “Thank you...Hm, did Yitao call lately?”

Kris gave a small nod. “Couple of weeks ago.”

“And?”

The Dragon, gave a weak smile. “I’m just hoping...that everything is okay.”

“Oh…”

He let out a sigh. “I’m heading up…I have work to do.” With that, he started to head up stairs. Tao watched as his husband stagger his way up the steps. He furrowed his brow.

‘Something is wrong...’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As Kris made it to his studio, he looked over the papers that were sent by Hayi. He shook his head, feeling worry wave over him. Never before he saw numbers so low before in his life. He looked up, brushing his hands with his lips, trying to think of what to do. He couldn’t tell Tao, he couldn’t tell anyone about his struggle as of now. It was his problem, and he had to figure out what to do.

For once, Kris felt he was walking on thin ice.

For once, Kris’ fashion house beginning to show signs of crumbling.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---


comment if you like, and as always, sorry for the mistakes.

NOTE(S):

to my fellow french speakers...question: Un Thé Sucré...is that the right sentence structure? I just want to make sure. ‘the sweet tea’ [ for those that didn’t know, i used to study french, but now i want to get back into it. so im basically re-teaching myself. ;; i still have my books from HS lol ]

[x]