6

Model Complexity

“Well, today is the last day here in Spain!” Henri gestured out. It was a nice sunny day, very humid to begin with, and the skies were clear and blue. Henri checked his watch, and nodded. “We have some time left before we have to leave. So, why not you guys take the time to roam around? Hm? Get some souvenirs for families, friends, loved ones?”

“What is near around here?” Ichirou asked.

“Hm, El Rastro is near here. You have to walk down a couple blocks though.”

“What is that? A restaurant?” Baekyeol called out, adjusting his sunglasses.

“No, it is a nice flea market. They have traditional items there. It will be nice, so check it out.” Henri shoo’ed his Precious Flowers, and Yitao out of the hotel lobby. “Be back here before the departure time. I’ll be here for the majority of the time.”

The Precious flowers and Yitao started to head out on the streets of Madrid. With their shades on, making sure that they were unnoticeable to the people. They made it eventually, and they started to look around, getting small gifts for themselves and for their families.

“What did you get Eden?” Ichirou asked, looking over his shoulder.

“Bracelet. Looks cool, hm?” He put it on, and nodded with a satisfying look on his face.

Yitao hummed as he was looking around, seeing if there was anything he could buy for himself, or his family back home. Just like Eden, he saw a nice wrist band that had the colors of Spain’s flag. ‘This is nice.’ He leaned over the table to get a closer look. ‘Yeah, I’ll take this.’ He reached over, picked it up, and handed it over to owner of the table. It was a bit different for Yitao to communicate from the blue like that. Spanish was one of the languages, he sorta knows well. On good days, he can speak well.

“Thank you.” Yitao said in Spanish, when he received his change and his bracelet. As he started to put the change in his wallet, he looked over and saw Baekyeol looking over at some gorgeous handmade hair clips and bands. He started to place his wallet in his back pocket, when he noticed a boy, not much older than 6, went up to Baekyeol. ‘Hm?’ Yitao furrowed his brow, wondering what the young kid was doing.

The young boy nervously tapped on Baekyeol’s hand, causing the other to turn around. Baekyeol looked around, but didn’t see anyone, until he looked down. “Oh,” Baekyeol smiled. “Hello.” He said in Spanish. “Um, how...may I help...you?” He said, a bit broken.

Despite his Spanish being broken, the young boy was able to understand; he brought forth his hand that was behind him, and showed Baekyeol a flower. It was a carnation, a light-red one. It was beautiful in Baekyeol’s opinion, that he gave a sweet smile towards the young boy. It surprised Yitao a bit, seeing Baekyeol giving a smile that seem genuine to him. Baekyeol’s smile looked so true, very different from his photoshoot smile. For sure, he knows that the photoshoot smile is fake. His mind started to wander back, once again, the old memories that he had with Baekyeol. How much fun they had, how much laughter was back then, but now, it seem to be just a memory. An old memory that will never come back.

The young boy started to speak in Spanish, telling Baekyeol was really pretty. However, considering the boy was speaking a bit too fast, the Beauty wasn’t able to get all of the words coming from the other’s lips. Thankfully, the owner of the table that Baekyeol was looking at, was able to help him out. “I speak a little French, do you know?”

“Ah, yes, French, I know.”

The owner started to translate, and Baekyeol was able to understand. Another smile formed his face; he knelt down and started to thank him, with the help of the owner of the table. Yitao continued to watch from afar; he had to admit, what he say was absolutely adorable. ‘Why can’t Baekyeol be someone like that...this is like a different Baekyeol that I’m seeing right here.’ A smile formed on his face when the young boy gave a kiss on Baekyeol’s cheek. It was cute; he had to be honest.

“Uwah, so cute!” Baekyeol placed his hands on the other’s cheeks. “I’ll keep this safe and sound, okay?”

The boy looked over at the owner for a translation. Understanding what Baekyeol said, he his cheeks turned a tinge of pink, before mumbling a quick thank you. With that, he quickly left soon disappearing in the crowd. Baekyeol stood up straight, letting out a few giggles escaped from his lips. ‘That was so adorable!’ “Thank you for translating.” He said, turning his attention back to the owner. “It was a big help!”

“No problem.” He nodded his head. “Have a nice day now.”

Baekyeol nodded his head, tucking the flower right behind his ear. He continued to look around the tables, with a bright smile on his face.

A small exhale escaped from Yitao’s lips. ‘If only his smiles were genuine as that. It will never comeback.’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

After they walk around, they decided to get something to munch on. Eden suggested a nice cafe, where it was quiet and simple, but Ichirou wanted to eat somewhere where they had a menu. While the two bickered, Yitao gave the final decision; they ended up heading over a restaurant that was close to them.

“Ha! At least Yitao knows how to eat well. What are we goin’ to eat at a cafe? Drink coffee and eat sandwiches? Dude, I am a man! I need meat!” Ichirou huffed, crossing his arms.

“I thought keeping on the down low would be important...eating in a restaurant might cause eyes to roll over towards us. Even with these shades on.” He said, while he pointed at his sunglasses. “We stand out...for the most part.”

“Just don’t cause an uproar, alright? Especially you.” Yitao pointed towards Ichirou.

“Why did you point at me?!”

“Your voice is too loud. You cause people to look at you, so shh!”

“Can we just go,” Baekyeol sighed. “I’m hungry.” He said, placing his flower that was given to him in his journal that he kept in his bag. It flatten the flower, but atleast he is able to keep it safe from harm.

The four of them started to head towards a near by restaurant; once they arrived, Yitao started to have a bad feeling in his stomach. They weren’t doing anything particular, but just waiting in line to get inside the restaurant, and people around then started to stare at them. ‘We don’t look that noticeable.’

Eden looked over his shoulder, seeing their agent fidgeting a bit in his place. “Are you okay?”

“Hm?”

“You look worried or something.”

“Um, nothing. I’m just --”

“Oh my god!!”

Immediately, the four turned their direction towards the noise. A girl, along with what Yitao believes are her friends, pointed them out, screaming that they are the Precious Roses. With her pointing them out, it caused the people around them turned their attention to them. The more screams filled the area.

‘!’ Yitao automatically grabbed Baekyeol’s wrist, being the one closest to him. “Lets go!” He said, causing the four of them to run from the restaurant. However, that ended up being a bad a idea. The fans of the models, started to follow them, screaming for a picture or an autograph. With a click of his tongue, Yitao instructed to split up. “We will just call each other alright?!” With a nod from Ichirou, but a worried face from Eden, Yitao took a sharp left with Baekyeol still at hand, heading towards an open alleyway that was covered with a few people, and open shops left and right.

Baekyeol looked over his shoulder, seeing that they were being followed. ‘They are fast!’ With Yitao leading him, he could do nothing, but follow. Yitao continued to make sharp turns at the corners, hoping that it would make the screaming fans from chasing them. ‘Are these fans athletes?!’ Yitao was starting to feel himself getting out of breath, that he needed to stop; the pounding in his chest was too much.

Both Yitao and Baekyeol came across a small store that had tables outside, showcasing various things, from t-shirts, bags, and among other things. ‘This will have to do!’ With the few minutes they had before the fans came to the corner, he pushed Baekyeol to the wall, and started to take off his bright red button up that he was wearing.

“The hell are you --”

“Shut up!” Yitao tossed his shirt to the side and his cap; he grabbed one of the oversized and fashionable sunhat from one of the hanging hangers. “My shirt is too bright -- it will be noticeable! Now, shh!” He grabbed Baekyeol’s bag, which bore the same high saturation color, and tossed it to the side; to hide it from view. Yitao placed the hat on his head, and angled his head so that it would at least cover the both of them. “Just pretend that we are a couple alright?” He wrapped his right hand around Baekyeol’s waist and his left, hand beside Baekyeol's head, trying to make it look convincing for those passing by. They froze immediately when they heard screams coming by; both tried their best not to move, but pretend that they were a couple, in a lovely dovey mood.

For Baekyeol, it ended up being a slight problem. He knew that Yitao had a nice body, but being up close, he couldn’t even look straight in front of him. ‘Since when did he get another tattoo?’ He thought to himself, seeing a classic, black inked, dragon tattoo on Yitao’s left chest. “Hm, not very...attractive.” He said in a whisper, trying his best not to let his cheeks turn pink.

“What was that?” Yitao hissed softly.

“Hu? Nothing.” 'Was taking off your shirt that necessary?'

“Hm.” He stood up straight, looking back and forth in his place. ‘Coast clear...’ He took of his hat, frowning. While Baekyeol was in his own thoughts, the girls that were running past them, noticed the two, but not as models, but thinking that they were just a lovely couple. A whisper of one of the devotee called them gross, and how unnecessary for him to be taking shirtless in public, doing an act like that in the open. ‘Whatever.’ He huffed.

“Oy!”

The two looked over, seeing the shopkeeper, started yelling in rapid Spanish towards Yitao, telling him that he should be paying for the hat that he was holding, that he should be putting a shirt on because it won’t attract any customers, saying he is indecent looking, and among other things. Yitao tried his best to calm down the other, but with the shopkeeper continued to yell at him. “Ah, okay, okay.” He said, in Chinese. “God, the elderly!!” The shopkeeper ended up bringing him inside so Yitao could pay for the things that he “used” and buy a shirt to make himself look decent.

Baekyeol was left outside, trying to still process that he was up close to Yitao, face to chest. He shook his head, and grabbed his bright colored bag from the dusty walk way. ‘Tch, stupid Yitao...now my prada bag is dirty!!’ He grumble escaped from his lips. “Hu?” The shirt that Yitao was wearing was still on the ground; as a nice friend would be he would pick it up.

And so he did.

“Gah, this man.” Baekyeol looked over, seeing Yitao in a ‘I love Spain’ t-shirt, and holding onto the hat that he used to cover them both from the fans.

“At least you have something from Spain.” Baekyeol said. “A souvenir.” He laughed, but it only caused Yitao to sarcastically laughed back.

“Oh, haha, yeah.”

“Here.” The Beauty handed him his shirt. “I think you might want this back.”

“Hm.” Yitao grabbed it, and placed it over his shoulder; not even saying ‘thank you’ to the other for the nice gesture of getting his shirt. “Lets go.” He started to walk away.

“Thanks Baekyeol, no problem Yitao, you are welcome. I was happy to get your shirt that was the ground.” Baekyeol harshly whispered to himself. ‘A nice thank you would be nice.’ As the two started to walk back to the main sidewalks, busy with people walking, and bumping into each other, Baekyeol turned to hear Yitao curse softly to himself. “What?”

“My cell just died…”

“Hm?” He looked over, clicking his tongue. “Thats a shame.”

“You think? You have your cell, right?”

“Duh.”

“Well, give it here, I need to call Eden.” Baekyeol frowned, rolling his eyes in the process. “Baekyeol!”

“Okay, okay, alright...god.” He opened his bag, and started to search through his things for his phone. ‘Hu?’ He searched harder. ‘Um,’ Baekyeol squatted down, placing his bag on the ground, to use both of his hands to search through. ‘.’ He slowly looked up, biting his lip.

“What?” Yitao leaned over to his right, placing his hands on his hips.

“Um, I think...I think,” He stressed out. “I left it in my other prada bag…”

Yitao blinked exactly twice. “What?”

“I, um, I left --”

“You left it in your other bag?!”

“I thought it was in this one!!”

“Why do you have two prada bags of the same color?!”

“I like this color!!” He pointed at his prada bag. "Okay!"

Yitao had the urge to choke the Beauty. ‘Too many witnesses...to many witnesses!’ He let out a soft exhale. “Okay, calm down, lets think this through --”

“I’m calm.”

“I wasn’t talking to you, you idiot! I was calming myself!” Yitao huffed, biting his lips in the process. ‘My Spanish is okay…not that fluent...how do you say that one sentence?’ A sigh escaped from his lips. ‘Ay!' This started to get frustrating for him. As for Baekyeol, he stood up, grabbing his bag in the process. His Spanish was okay as well, but Yitao was a bit better at it than he was. The Beauty remembered that Henri mentioned that their flight would be at night, so they still had some time left. As he looked around, trying to see if he knew where he was, but alas, he didn’t. But then again, he never bothered to look out the window of the car that drove them to the places. It was unimportant to him.

“Look, Yitao,” Baekyeol started, wanting to calm the other. “We can take this time to...to look for a way to get back. Plus, don’t people say that getting lost in a country is the best adventure? Or something like that?”

“Whoever said that, is stupid. Getting lost isn’t fun, or safe.”

“Pessimist.” The Beauty grabbed the hem of Yitao’s shirt. “Lets go this way.”

“What? No --”

“Lets go this way.” He started to pull Yitao along with him, through the crowds, this time making sure that they are well covered. He grabbed the hat that Yitao was forced to buy and placed it on his head, along with the shades to cover his eyes. Yitao on the other hand, had to use his shades only.

Through the sea of people, they ended up another flea market with a beautiful fountain right in the middle. It caught Baekyeol’s eye immediately; so pristine and the marble color was a gorgeous ivory color. He started to lead Yitao secretly through the crowd, but not before stopping at the tables that were selling things.

“Stop tugging me around.” Yitao swatted Baekyeol’s hand away from the hem of his shirt. “It is annoying.”

Baekyeol took no notice of the other’s comment, but started to look at the little wrist bands, clips, and other things that Baekyeol knew for sure that they were handmade things. While Baekyeol looked around, Yitao started to feel himself panic. Henri would want his Precious Roses safe, especially the face of the company. He blinked. ‘Why am I worrying about that ?’ He placed his hand on his hip, and scratching the back of his neck. ‘Why should I even care about this.’

“Yitao! Look!” Baekyeol slightly jumped in place, showing very well that he is excited. He pointed, showing Yitao what it was. It was a handmade wrist bracelet with one charm hanging from it. “Look, a panda!” He picked it up to examine it a bit more. “That is adorable.” The Beauty turned around. “Get it...it would be cute.”

The taller bit the inside of his cheek, a bit weary about it, but then again, it was nicely made, and a looked cool in his opinion. “Sure,” He picked it up from Baekyeol’s hand. “Why not.” Baekyeol smiled, watching the young Panda take out his wallet, and handed enough money to the vendor.

The vendor started to speak, but in broken English. English was sort of limited to the Beauty and the young Panda, but they were able to get the gist of the vendor’s words. The vendor picked up another wrist bracelet, but with a flower on it, a rose to be more precise. “For...her.” He gestured to Baekyeol; Yitao mentally groaned, while Baekyeol beamed.

“Baekyeol, you pay for it.”

“Me? Hello, she thinks I am a girl...guys should always pay.” He said with a smirk.

“You aren’t a girl, .”

“Buy it for me!” He hissed.

“You!” A frustrated sigh escaped from his lips. “Fine, here.” He gave the money to the vendor, who displayed a confused expression, but gave the bracelet to the young panda.

“Have...um, good day.” The vendor said, with a nod of her head.

“Thank you!” Baekyeol said in Spanish; he grabbed the bracelet from Yitao’s hand, and started to put it on his wrist. As he continued to admire, Yitao placed the bracelet with the panda charm on his wrist. The two started to walk.

“Hm, well, okay, lets go --”

“Let go and take a picture at the fountain!” Baekyeol pointed with his right hand.

“What? No, we have to go find Eden and Ichirou, or find a phone --”

“Fountain!!” Yitao’s eyes widen, telling Baekyeol that they should leave and find the other two, but  Baekyeol saw right past it. “Fountain.” The Beauty said with strictness in his voice.

“Or what.”

“I’m,” He thought for a bit. “I’m gunna cry.”

“Cry?” Yitao scoffed. “Please.” Baekyeol stopped in place, inhaled deeply, as much as he could. Within a second, he let out a cry. Immediately, people started to turn, giving weird looks at the two, as Baekyeol continued to cry like a child. Yitao, surprised by the action, couldn’t believe that Baekyeol started to do something so childish in the public. It was embarrassing. “Baekyeol, stop crying!”

“Not until you take me to the fountain!!”

“No -- argh! Hey, don’t sit down!”

Baekyeol continued to cry, now sitting on the dusty ground. People started to whisper to each other, pointing at how immature Baekyeol was being. Immature it may be, but to Baekyeol, it would make Yitao do what he wants. “I wanna go!!” He screeched.

“That guy is so insensitive to his girlfriend.” Yitao heard from one English tourist with his friend.

“I know right...poor girl.”

‘He isn’t a female!!’ Yitao tried to pick up Baekyeol, but the Beauty started to trash about, causing more of a scene in front of the people and vendors. It was surprising that no one has called the local police for disturbance. “Baekyeol, stop it.” Yitao said, feeling himself getting a headache from all the ‘crying’ that Baekyeol was doing. “I said stop it.” He picked up Baekyeol, and started to hold him bridal style.

The crowd was surprised, and started to clap at the sweet gesture. With a click of Yitao’s tongue, he started to bring Baekyeol away from the crowd and to the fountain that he wanted to do to. Once they were close, Yitao carelessly tossed Baekyeol off his arms. Luckily for Baekyeol, he was able to land on his feet.

“How ungentleman like.”

With a shake of his head, he turned around, not wanting to look at the Beauty. ‘I need to find a cell phone or something...’

While, Yitao thinking of a way to get a hold of Eden, Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek. He wanted to take a photo in front of it. ‘My phone just had to be in my other bag, huh?’ He looked over to the side, seeing Yitao asking people, in the best Spanish he could, if he could borrow their phone. A soft sigh escaped from the other’s lips; as he glanced back at the beautiful fountain, he can’t help, but wonder the history of the fountain. Why was it built? What is its purpose? Or was it just for the attraction? Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek, before putting his shades down. It looked pretty old now that he was close, but it was covered with a beautiful gloss, keeping it shiny.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

Baekyeol looked over to his right, seeing a gorgeous lady, standing right next to him. She smiled, nodding her head towards him. However, besides her beauty, he was just surprised that she was speaking Korean to him. “H-how...did you know that I’m Korean?”

She leaned over, so that she was close. “You are Baekyeol, right? The model for Henri right? And former model for the one of the best fashion designers right? Kris is his name?” A nod from Baekyeol. “It was a lucky guess.” She chuckled. “Big fan.” She extended her hand out. “Gina. Choi Gina.”

“Park Baekyeol.” He nodded his head, shaking his hand with the other. “I’m sorry, but are you a model as well?” ‘She is so beautiful!’

A giggle escaped from her lips. “I was a child model back when I was 4 or 5. I didn’t continue after I turned 10. I’m an aspiring photographer.” She held up her light yellow fujifilm instax. “I love these things!”

“Fujifilm instax?” He raised his eyebrow at the other.

“Hm.” She nodded. “Why are you here? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Business.” Baekyeol continued, telling Gina that he had a modeling shoot with the other two Precious Roses with Mr. Rosales, and two more late booked photographers. “This is our last day here, and me and Yitao,” He gestured behind him, who was still asking for a phone. “Are...well, lost...and away from our other two models...so, yeah.”

“Oh, lost isn’t good. I have a phone.” She looking in her satchel, and fished out her cellphone. “You can use it to call.”

“Really? T-thank you!” He bowed. “Um, but first...would you mind taking a photo?” He pointed at her instax. “Of me and Yitao in front of this?” He then gestured towards the fountain. “Hm, by the way, do you know this fountain?”

“Hm.” She shook her head. “Not much, I just find it very beautiful. I heard the history of this was really sad though. From the different versions, the one that was told to me was about a princess and a prince. They were best of friends when they were younger, but as they grew, they started to grow apart. The prince I think found someone else, which left the princess jealous. Mm, he went to war afterwards, promising his lover that he would return safe and well, but he never did. It turned out that he...well, he obviously died. The fountain, from what the people said, was a fountain where the princess waited for the prince to come back, even though the two weren’t together.” She shrugged. “I guess the princess had feelings for the prince...she was just stubborn to admit it. Even though they fought and fought, I guess a little hint of ‘I do care and love you’ lingered in her heart. And maybe the prince too.” She let out a chuckle. “But then again, there are different variations of the story, so it might be different from what I said.”

“Um...okay.” To Baekyeol, he thought that the story was completely stupid. If he were in the princess’ shoes, he wouldn’t have waited; he would have moved on. ‘Well,  whatever, I like the fountain, and I want a picture in front of it.’ “So, would it be okay? For the photo I mean?”

“Oh sure, sure.” Baekyeol was about to take out his wallet, when Gina shook her head. “No need to pay.”

“What? Are you sure? I mean, I am asking for a photo. I’m basically using your film and --”

“No, no. It’s okay. Really.”

“Are you sure?”

“Absolutely.” Gina nodded. “Now, where is your friend?”

“Oh, right.” Baekyeol turned. “Yah! Yitao!”

With a furious scratch of his head, the said person turned around, seeing Baekyeol from afar, waving his hand like a child. ‘Ah, what is it now?’ Baekyeol gestured for Yitao to come over, in which the other did. “What?”

“She is gunna take a picture of us in front of the fountain.” He replied, gesturing over to Gina.

“Why?" He asked, taking off his shades.

“Because I asked her too?”

“Yah,” He shook his head. “Sorry about him, he is just being --”

“Oh,” Gina shook her head, trying her best not to look at Yitao directly at the eye. 'Oh god, it is Yitao...the son of Kris!! Oh my god, calm, clam Gina, clam your damn self!! Do not fangirl!!' “It is not a problem, erm, it would be fine. Honest. It looks like Baekyeol would want a photo anyway, so, it is really no problem.”

“See, she said no problem, so lets get a photo.”

“Why do you want a photo anyway? Hm? It is just a stupid fountain.”

“It is a pretty fountain.” Baekyeol said, pointing the fountain just behind him. “One photo isn’t going to hurt.” Yitao clicked his tongue.

‘This is completely a waste of time.’ “Baekyeol, we need to call Eden and that other one, and find them.”

“One photo takes about a minute.”

“It will be quick.” Gina said, showing Yitao her instax. “Plus, once I click, a polaroid will come out.” She snapped her fingers. “Just like that.”

“See, just like that.” He mimicked.

“Then why don’t you go by yourself? I don’t want to be in a photo.” He replied, feeling the frustration building up. “It is a waste of time, and you are wasting her time.”

Baekyeol bit the inside of his cheek. ‘It is just one photo...’ Gina could see the disappointment in Baekyeol eyes that she tried to persuade Yitao to have one quick photo with the Beauty. Plus, it is a great experience to be photographing Baekyeol and Yitao.

“Please, it will be quick. The more you prolong this, the longer it will be. Besides, it takes a few seconds anyway.”

A grunt escaped from the other’s lips. “Fine.” Baekyeol smiled a bit in victory. He grabbed Yitao by the side of his shirt, and harshly pulled him towards the fountain.

“Act natural, and happy.” He said, slapping Yitao on the stomach. “And stand up straight.”

Gina couldn’t help, but giggle to herself. ‘They act like a couple...an one angry, but maybe secretly still care of each other type of couple.’ “Okay, I’m gunna take three shots okay.”

“Why three?” Yitao asked, but before Gina could say anything, Baekyeol hushed him.

“Just let her do her thing! My god.”

‘Oh, yeah, definitely they are that type of couple...if they are even a couple.’ “‘Kay! Ready?”

Baekyeol gave a peace sign just as if he were a normal tourist, while Yitao looked casually relaxed with a hint of being irritated, yet looked as if he was modeling in such a relaxed way. Gina quickly took three shots, and gave them a heads up. “They look good.” She smiled. Baekyeol rushed over, really wanting to see what the polaroids look like, while Yitao seemed the very least excited. There was really no time to be looking at photos, but finding a cell phone to call the other two. “You guys look very cute.” Gina told Baekyeol, showing him the polaroids. “See.”

‘Hm, typical Yitao.’ “Yeah, they look amazing. Thank you.” He said, smiling back.

“Seriously, no problem. My hands are actually sweating...me...I took a photo of the model of Les Belles Roses. One of the top models in the world. It was really hard not to faint.”

The Beauty chuckled. “Now you have proof.”

“Oh,” Gina took out her cell and handed it over to Yitao. “My cell has full battery. You can use it to make a call if you want.”

“Ah, thanks!” Yitao quickly grabbed the cell and started to dial like his life depended on it. “Yah, Eden, yah,” He started to walk away from the two. Meanwhile, Baekyeol glanced at the photos, a little memory started to reel in his mind. He remembered the time where Yitao and himself, along with Joonxing, would take photos with each other. Just like the good times. Not for a spread in the magazine or for the website, but for fun.

‘Certainly has been a while since we did anything like that.’ He started to tap the photo against his lips.

“You two look like a couple.” Gina said, breaking the Beauty’s thoughts.

“Pardon?”

“Mm,” She nodded her head. “Sorry, it’s just that you two look like that couple.”

“‘That couple’? What does that even mean?”

“Yitao does look like that -- hm, you know what, nevermind. It was stupid of me to say anything. Sorry.” She bowed.

Baekyeol started to raise his eyebrow, but shrugged it off. ‘As if I would be with someone like him. A rude, apathetic guy.’ With a click of tongue, he placed the photo in his small journal that was in his bag. “Thank you again.”

Gina smiled, nodding. Just then, Yitao came back with a satisfied look on his face. “Everything went okay?” Gina asked, which Yitao nodded his head.

“Yeah, the other two were able to get away, and are heading back to the hotel. We should go to.” Yitao said, handing Gina back her cell. “Thank you.”

“Mm, it isn’t everyday that you meet famous people.”

“I’m more surprised that no one here is looking at us.” Baekyeol looked around, seeing the other people doing their own things and minding their own business. Usually people would fawn over them, but more specifically at him, in a heart beat.

Gina looked as well. “Mm, it might be because they are tourists?”

“Well, that is good. Lets just not cause anymore stir because running is too much.” Yitao replied. “Lets go, Baekyeol. Thank you again...erm, I forgot your name.”

“G-Gina. Choi Gina.”

“Hm,” He nodded. “Nice meeting you.” He said, giving a soft smile towards her.

A tinge of pink formed on Gina’s cheeks. “Really...its been, erm, an honor meeting you two.”

The Beauty started to narrow his eyes. “Okay, we are done, lets go. If Eden and Ichirou are at the hotel now, they must’ve told Henri about this. Lets go, or Henri will cry and tear up.” He started to tug on Yitao’s sleeve.

“Mm.” Yitao pulled away from Baekyeol’s grasp. “Nice meeting you, and thank you again.” With that, Yitao turned his heel, placing his shades back on. Baekyeol quickly followed, adjusting his bag on his shoulders. A confused look formed on the Beauty’s face; questioning to himself about that little scene. Just seeing Gina blush from speaking to and looking directly at Yitao, it got him a bit irritated.

‘Bleh, the heat is making me feel things.’ Baekyeol fanned his face, with an irritated face.

“Yah, Baekyeol, lets go.” Yitao called out, causing Baekyeol to look up.

“Yah, yah, coming,” He huffed. “Coming.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Ah, thank the higher beings that you all are okay.” Henri said, more rushing over to Baekyeol, his most precious flower; he placed his hands on the Beauty’s face, checking to see if there were any damage on his face. “Are you okay?”

“Mm.” He nodded. “I’m...okay.”

“Well, thats good.”

“How come we aren’t asked if we are okay. We could have died.” Ichirou softly whined towards Eden, who shrugged. He turned over to Yitao, who was currently looking at the photo that Gina took.

“What is that?”

“Hm?” He looked over at Eden. “We ran into someone...she was kind enough to let me borrow her cell phone and call you. And she took a photo of us.” He showed Eden the image, in which he gladly looked over.

“Oh...how nice...” He nodded.   

“Lemme see that.” Ichirou swiped the photo from Eden’s hands. “Yah, how pretty. Hm, you two look like a couple vacationing.” He nodded in satisfaction. “Cute.”

“We are not a couple.” Yitao snatched the photo back.

Ichirou couldn’t help, but smirk. He clicked his tongue. “I didn’t say that you two were.” He chuckled. “I said, ‘you two look like’.” Eden bit the inside of his cheek, folding his hands in front of him.

Yitao narrowed his eyes. “Means the same thing.” He walked away from the two, sitting down in one of the chairs that were in the lobby. ‘Yah, I wanna go back...home to Korea.’ “Not to France.” He whispered softly.

“Well, we have two hours left...so, lets just head to the airport, and wait for our plane there. Hm?”

“Yes.” The Precious Roses said in unison.

“Hm, well then, I’ll call the taxi then.”

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Once they returned back to France, they rested up for a couple of weeks before actually heading back to work. During the models and Yitao’s rest, Henri quickly got to work on making new designs, and was able to create a 3 new outfits for the upcoming magazine that would be introducing their new summer clothes set.

As the Precious Roses came back from their rest, they were quickly put back to work. “Here,” Henri said, giving Eden a pale rose color light sweater with the Les Belles Roses symbol on the front, along with white knee length shorts. “This is for you, Ichirou,” He called. “Yours is on the table, and Baekyeol’s is on the hanger over there.”

“A dress as usual.” Ichirou let out a soft chuckle. “Don’t you get tired of it?” He asked the Beauty, in which he shook his head. “No? Wow, you must want to be a girl then.”

Baekyeol didn’t answer, but headed straight towards the outfit. It never really phased him about wanting to be a girl or not. He just likes wearing females clothing, but being female was something different in his mind.

“Now here and change...where is Yitao?” Henri asked, looking around for the tall, panda looking one.

“He is coming. He is talking on the phone.” Ichirou replied. “He called his friend...or parent or something.”

“Ah, okay then.”

As they headed upstairs to do the photoshoot, Yitao was leaning against the railing outside, in front of the LBR’s building. He ended up calling Joonxing, wanting to know how his cousin was doing. It would be a lie if he wasn’t worried. “Yah, Joonxing...how are you…?” 'It's 10am here...it should be 5pm there...'

“Mm, I’m doing okay.” Joonxing reclined in his chair. He was currently at his study desk working on assignments for school. “I’m just tired.”

“Mm.”

“Your dad kept asking me if I wanted to work with other people again. I gave him the same response.”

“No?”

“Mm. The Dragon’s Birds are only for you, me, and Baekyeol...no one can replace those spots.”

Yitao bit his lips. A wave of guilt started to wave over him; leaving his cousin like that to defend their title. It just doesn’t seem right with just one of the three birds defending the spot like that. “Stay strong, Joonxing.”

“Yah, I’m not weak, Yitao...stop treating me like a young boy...I can take care of myself.”

“I know that...it’s just,” He let out a sigh, before his lips. “I just worry.”

Joonxing knitted his eyebrow. He loved his cousin dearly, but he sometimes hated the fact that Yitao would treat him as if he were weak. He is also a good model, but deep down, with Yitao and Baekyeol by his side, he felt a bit better. ‘Maybe I should start learning how to stand strong by myself...’

“Yah, Huang Joonxing...you there?”

“Mm, yes.”

“Well, get back to studying...study hard.”

“Yes.” He let out a sigh. “Bye.” With that, he handed up. “I swear he treats me like a child.”

“Who?” Joonxing looked over his shoulder, seeing his mother, opening the door a bit. “May I come in?” Joonxing nodded. “Who treats you like a child?”

“Yitao…I don’t understand him...he treats me as if I cannot take care of myself. We aren’t even that far in age.”

Suho hummed. “Well, you have been lacking energy lately in your shoots...and you looked more space out than usual.” He placed his hand on his son’s cheek. “He is just worried. He is like an older brother hm? Worried about his younger brother.”

Joonxing pulled back. ‘I’ll just have to be stronger model then...Yitao and Baekyeol's energy is what kept me up on my toes, but now with them gone...I have to do everything myself. I have get stronger...’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

As Yitao placed his cell in his pocket, he entered the LBR building, heading up stairs to where the majority of the people in the building are at. Once he stepped on the last step, he rolled his eyes seeing Baekyeol with the other two models all dressed and dolled up.

“Ah, Yitao, great you are here.” Henri came over, and placed his hand over his shoulder. “I need you to monitor their photoshoot. You’ve done this anyway, I just need someone to make sure that they look good and such.”

“Shouldn’t that be the editors’ job? To make them look good and such? They are models...they know what they are doing in terms of posing.”

“Mm, yes, but with you over looking their poses, it will be easier to pick the photos, edit them, etcetera, etcetera. Basically, they will have to listen to you to what you have to say. Creative director! Thats the title. Director of the photoshoots...that can be you. Later on you and I will run over the photos together...this magazine needs to be...better than the last one, hm? And since you are a model, I’m sure you know which photo is best and which isn't.”

Yitao scratched the back of his neck in such an irritated manner that Henri overlooked it. “I see.”

“Great!” He patted his back. “I’ll let you do your work then.” With that, he left, back to his assistants. It took Yitao a lot of strength not to burst.

‘Calm...calmness….breathe.’ He nodded his head, and turned his heel. There, the three models were on a break, talking among each other. ‘Yah! I’m doing more work than I should be doing!!’ Furiously, he scratched his head, causing the people around him to look with worry.

“What is wrong with Yitao?” Eden asked, with concern in his tone. Baekyeol’s eyes looked over at Eden, as if annoyed by other model, before glancing over at the angry young panda.

“He isn’t getting lice is he?” Ichirou placed his hand on his own styled hair. “Don’t they shave your head or something?”

‘A blad Yitao would be interesting.’ A soft scoff came from Baekyeol’s lips. He blinked, seeing Eden walking over towards the young panda, asking if he was okay.

“Is it me, or does Eden like Yitao?” Ichirou asked in a whispering manner. “He gaze is always towards Yitao, concerned for him, blah, blah, blah...you know? I think he likes him.”

“Likes him?” Baekyeol raised his eyebrow. “Who would like someone as mean as him. I feel bad for Eden then.”

“Mean? That is a bit harsh...” Ichirou scratched the back of head. “Sure, cold personality, but I don’t think he is mean.”

“Definitely mean.” Baekyeol checked his nails. ‘Mean to me...’

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

“Tao.”

“Hu?” He looked over his shoulder as he was continuing to fold the clothes. They were currently in the living room, with Xiuchen, who was helping Tao out with folding the clothes. Their little bundle was sleeping peaceful right beside Tao, with pillows surrounding him so he wouldn’t fall off from the couch. “What?” He asked softly, not wanting to wake up the youngest.

Kris gestured for Tao to come over. The Panda slightly groaned. He thought it was a bit ridiculous that his own husband couldn’t come over to the living room if their youngest is present and sleeping. He is starting to think that this whole thing was going way out of hand. Tao told Xiuchen that he would be back, and started to walk over to the other. “Hm?”

“Here.”

“Eh?”

“I made some summer clothes...erm, took awhile.” He opened the box, and Tao looked inside. It was a cute sailor style jumpsuit that was colored light green instead of the traditional white or blue, and white for the trim, and with the Dragon’s symbol on the side. “For Jin, and this is for you.” Kris leaned back a bit to grab a hold of the bag that was on the floor. “Here.” Tao took hold of it, and looked inside. It wasn’t a jumpsuit, but a shirt and a pair of shorts, the color matching with Jin’s.

“Oh, so cute! We are like twins then!” Tao beamed. “Do you have one? And Yitao?”

“Erm, no...and no. Just you two. Besides...I don’t think I’ll look good in a sailor uniform anyway…”

“Nonsense...you won’t know unless you try!” He gave the other a peck on the cheek. “Thank you! I’m sure Jin will love --”

“W-wahh!!”

“--And that is our cue to check up on him.” He grabbed Kris by the hand, but was quickly pulled back. “What?”

“Ah, why don’t you do it…” He handed Tao the box that is with Jin’s clothes. “Please?”

A click of Tao’s tongue was heard. “You know...you have to learn how to get used to Jin...I’m scared that he won’t acknowledge you has a father or something. That is going to worry me. Or even worse...he will grow to hate you --”

“That won’t happen, now go on.” Kris shooed the other back into the living room. “Jin is calling.”

Tao slightly puffed his cheeks, but decided to ignore it, once again. He went back over to see Xiuchen trying his best to comfort Jin, but the young dragon kept turning away from the mini Bun. “Sorry, I’m trying my best…”

“Hm, you did your best. Thank you Xiuchen for your help.” He smiled softly. “Okay, my little baby,” Tao picked up Jin, and started to pat him on the back gently. Jin slowly stopped crying, staring right at his mother, blinking a bit and letting a few tears run down his round cheeks. “Look what daddy made!” He placed Jin on his lap, and opened the box that was placed right beside him. He pulled the outfit up and Jin was in awe.

“How cute!!” Xiuchen clapped. “That is just adorable.”

“Mm, Kris made another one for me too.”

“So, you two are like twins?”

“I guess.” He chuckled.

“Two times the major cuteness.”

“Jin, lets try on what daddy made, okay?” A yawn was given, and Jin’s little head hit the front of Tao’s chest. Tao took the opportunity to change Jin into his adorable jumpsuit, while Kris watched from afar.

A click of his tongue was made. ‘Yah, I should really listen to Tao about this...I don’t want Jin to hate me at all...but whenever he looks at me...he cries!!’ He scratched his head furiously. ‘I just hope Jin knows that I love him…’ He thought, peeking from the corner to see Jin all smiling in his new outfit, while Xiuchen took photos on his phone, and Tao snuggling against him. ‘It would be nice to do that with Jin too. I have to try harder.’


--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Any mistakes, my bad.

sorry for the long wait, I had work to do, and my friend and i went to an anime convention (bought lots of kpop related things xD) it is not the best, but i'm trying. ive been feeling a bit of the 'eh' side of typing for fics lately, so yeah...the writing mode will come back, i hope. oh and here is my AFF centered tumblr [x]

cameo(s):

source(s):

what Kris made for Jin, just in a different color.

**El Rastro [x]