Change

Love You To Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A curious young boy sat on one of many empty chairs as he watched the man who conversed with his parents. The man seemed to be about the same age as his parents, he was wearing a long white coat and his hand was holding onto a clipboard while his other held onto a pen. Of course he didn’t know that the man was a doctor. It was his first memory of being in a hospital, with both his parents and with his younger sister. As he sat there, he wondered why she always visited this place, it was boring and it had a weird smell. He still couldn’t figure it out maybe because he was still too young to understand, since he was only six.
 

“I'm afriad I have bad news. The scans showed that her condition has gotten worse, is she taking the medications which I prescribed?” the man asked the two concerned parents. The sleepy Miyoul was hugging tightly around her fathers neck with her head resting on his right shoulder. “In that case, I will give Miyoul some stronger medication since these are not taking any effect, but I got to warn you it will come with some side effects” the doctor told the two parents.
 

~~~


“Sehun, you have to watch over for your sister from now on when we are not around, can you do that?” his mother asked while tucking him in to bed.
 

“Omma what is wrong with Miyoul?” Sehun asked trying to get comfortable in his bed. He didn't understand why such a request was needed from him especially since he was already doing so.
 

“She isn’t well, so you have to look after her when we cannot okay?” his mother responded followed by a planting kiss on his forehead. Sehun looked at his teary mother and nodded.
 

Before Sehun fell asleep he heard voices of his parents, he heard sobs which belonged to his mothers and words which his father kept repeating over and over again, saying it was going to be alright.
 

~~~
 

“Sehun, Oppa!” the cheerful Miyoul came rushing towards him. Sehun looked up confusion as to why his sister was in a rush. He was just sitting down in the library enjoying his self picked out storybook when he heard his sister call.

 

“Omo you have to come, they are starting already” The panting Miyoul spoke and tugged him by the shirt.
 

The two seven year olds arrived at their busy classroom. Everyone was laughing and chatting away. Through the busy crowd of his and his sisters classmates, he saw the desks were rearranged. They were placed and connected together to form a big oblong table and on this table there were food.
 

A lot of sweet delicious food.
 

Miyoul quickly took her seat with her gaze never leaving the delicious food in front of her. “Sehun come here, this is your seat” she pattered the empty chair next to her without looking back to her brother who stood frozen. Everyone dug in and started munching down the junk food which caught their eyes. “Miyoul, I don’t think you should eat” Sehun finally snapped out of his thoughts.
 

“Why not? This is yummy!” Miyoul grabbed a chocolate chip cookie and before she began to drool she took a big bite. She munched in delight before she directed her eyes to her older brother who had an uneasy look on his face.
 

“Here, it’s nice. Try it” Miyoul hopped off her seat and stuffed her half eaten chocolate chip cookie into Sehun’s mouth. Sehun took the fresh crispy cookie out of his mouth before speaking “Omma said not to eat sweets.”
 

Miyoul looked at him in confusion before directing her eyes back towards the delicious food.
 

“But omma is not here” she responded cheekily and made her way back towards her seat. Sehun watched the happy Miyoul continue to eat and in his mind and heart it felt like something was wrong. He remembered his worried, heart broken parents especially his teary mother when she asked him to look after Miyoul.
 

“Miyoul stop eating, you will get sick from it” Sehun stepped closer and reached for the plastic fork in Miyoul's hand before snatching it away from her.
 

“I will not, everyone is eating it. Why are you being a party pooper. The cake tastes good, here try it” Miyoul snatched her plastic fork back from him, poked a piece of chocolate cake and before she could shove it into her brothers mouth. Sehun took ahold of his sisters wrist, stopping her but this only lead to the delicious chocolate cake to drop onto the classroom floor. Miyoul was surprised at her brothers sudden action that she was a bit frightened, she had never seen this side of him before, this angry and scary. She didn't know what she did wrong, as she only wanted her brother to enjoy the delivious food. This was the first time seeing this side to Sehun and upon seeing the serious face of her brother, her lips trembled and that’s when her vision turned cloudy.
 

Sehun’s heart sank from the sight of his sister crying. He wanted to do the right thing but why does it seem like it was the opposite. “Miyoul what happened? Why are you crying sweetie?” a female's voice was heard and Sehun watched his teacher make her way over to the crying female. He remained quiet, he felt guilty knowing it was his fault.
 

The crying Miyoul stood outside the classroom as Sehun carefully wiped her tears away with tissues. “Miyoul, please don’t cry” he lightly patted her back with guilt still eating him from the inside. Miyoul complied and her cries died down, she blinked her red teary eyes and stared at her brother who stood in front of her. She was still confused as to why her brother got mad at her. "Can you close your eyes?" Sehun asked and Miyoul did as she was told. He tenderly wiped away her remaining tears before throwing away the tissue into the nearby bin. Miyoul's gaze never left her brother's as he made his way back over.
 

Sehun needed to make her feel better knowing it was his fault for making her cry, but nothing came to mind. After some more thinking an idea popped onto his mind.
 

He lead Miyoul to the school’s playground area while holding onto her hand. Miyoul had stopped crying but she was now hiccuping. “Here, sit and hold on okay?” he sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter