Revenge

Love You To Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"...no, I didn't mean to do it."

 

Miyoul woke up gasping for air, her hair was stuck on her face and neck due to the large amount of sweat and her hands were grasping onto the duvets while her eyes darted across the dark room.

She was having nightmares again, nightmares she thought would have left her, but guess not everyone can escape their past. Especially hers, which were gruesome.

Miyoul went into her bathroom to wash her face and to change into a new shirt once she had calmed down. "It was just a dream." She says, looking at herself in the mirror's reflection and exhales a deep breath before going back to bed.

The pink digital clock on her nightstand read 2:15 AM. It was a long way till 7 in which she have to get up for school and another thing, she was feeling hungry. Falling back asleep was not going to happen as she heard her stomach grumble the next moment.

The house was quiet and cold as she made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. Hoping to find her yesterday's unfinished dinner, Miyoul scanned the fridge from top to bottom but there was no sign of her dinner anywhere except bottles of water, a carton of milk and food which required cooking.

She wondered why she even bothered to check the fridge in the first place, knowing these were the things she would find. She also wondered where and who ate her dinner seeing as it is not located anywhere else.

Miyoul slammed the fridge's door shut and bit her lip in frustration. She was hungry and her stomach wouldn't stop crying for food. She was beginnning to think maybe skipping dinner was not a good idea, but the next thought that invaded her head, her hands were formed into fists and her teeth clenched flashing back to the smiling Jaehyun.

Miyoul ate quietly on the couch in the family room, she was having cereal with milk. Cold, cold milk. As she chewed and swallowed, her mind began to wander back to the dream, everything that happened in her dream was so vivid, so realistic almost as if she was reliving it again.

 

~~~

 

"...I can't believe our new physical education teacher is Mr Hwang."

"...He's like the worst of the worse."

"Ugh..."

Students remarks were heard while they walked past Miyoul. Everyone who knew Mr Hwang was like dying seals clearly indicating their disliked towards the said teacher. Miyoul ignored the comments and continued to stuff her belongings into her locker.

"Don't listen to them. Mr Hwang is a nice teacher- though he sometimes have his moody days, but overall he is fantastic." Miyoul looked over at a smiling Eunmi who was also placing her school uniform and bag onto one of the lockers.

"Did I ever say I cared?"

Eunmi watched as the ginger head closed her locker before making her way into the gymnasium. 

“Okay, everyone gather up here and next time change faster or I am going to start handing out detentions” growled their impatient teacher. Everyone didn’t dare to make a sound, they all knew their new physical education teacher was like the king of hell. Say a word and you will find yourself in detention for a week.

After the explanation of the game that will be played today between the classes, the students were placed into teams and they will be playing against the other classes. Miyoul hadn’t even heard a thing that the teacher had lectured. She stopped listening after Mr Hwang lectured about everyone's lateness and something about detention. The man was in his 50's and Miyoul couldn't help but to pin point why the heck he was still doing here, especially when the man obviously did not enjoy doing what he was paid to do.

“Alright, groups 1 and 2 head to the other side of the gym, and 3 and 4 stay here” called Mr Hwang, who was at the edge of yelling in trying to make sure the message got through to everyone in this hectic gym who also contained 2 other classes.

“Well? Aren’t you going? You are in group 2” Eunmi who was next to Miyoul asked.

Miyoul looked at the said female before looking back at Mr Hwang. She couldn't possibly have the female next to her when she was about to go have a one on one talk with the teacher.

“Eunmi, Miyoul. Why are you still standing around? Get to your groups. NOW” their frustrated teacher called while making his way over. If possible, fume was coming out of his head.

“Is there a problem?” Mr Hwang asked.

“Ani” Eunmi shook her head quickly.

“Good, now go” the teacher pointed to where her group was lined up at.

“and you too, get to your group” Mr Hwang added before turning to go.

Though, the man only got to take a few steps before spinning back around. "I beg your pardon?" He retreats back his steps, confusion shown on his face as he stopped in front of the 14 year old.

"I have a condition, if you need to be reminded” Miyoul repeated, making sure no one heard her except her teacher.

Mr Hwang looked into Miyoul’s eyes, alsmost not believing her before opening his portfolio which he was carrying. Miyoul watched her teacher flip through the pages and stopped at her profile.

“There’s nothing about your condition here” the now irritated teacher slammed the file shut which only caused Miyoul’s eyes furrowed in confusion. “It has to be on there, check again” Miyoul protested now she was feeling irritated as well. For every school she has been to she never needed to do any physical sports since it was against her health condition.

“This is your last warning, go to your group. Now.”

Miyoul cursed in her head while slowly made her way to the other side of the gym to join her group, as her teacher watched her every step like a hawk.

Sitting on one of the bleachers, Miyoul's eyes scanned the gym. It was when her eyes had met a certain someone that made her stop. Her hands were formed into fists as she watched a group of girls make their way towards her direction, completely not aware Miyoul had been giving them her death glare.

"Lets see if that stupid face of yours will still be visible after this." Miyoul muttered seeing the smiles and laughter from the girls.

The game was basketball. Easy and simple to play and understand. So far, Miyoul's class is in the lead. She was panting, sweat raining down on her forehead as she dribbled the ball which was passed from one of her team members.

Where she was at, Miyoul was close to the basketball hoop, if she wanted, she could make a small dodge against her opponent and shoot. But winning was not in her agenda at the moment. Her eyes were on her opponent, the girl whom she remembers c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter