Miss Assassin II

Agent 143

Chansung switched on the speakers and camera to check on the target. He stretched his arms which was followed by a yawn. Sooyoung shuffled in their zone, walking over to Chansung’s side.

“Morning! How’s it going?” she asked, dragging a chair with her to sit beside him. “Anything good?”

With his eyes on the screen, Chansung worked on the keyboard. “Nope seems like the target didn’t have a mission last night.”

“Ah, how frustrating.”

Taecyeon sauntered in the zone, attracting Sooyoung and Chansung’s attention. They stared at him in confusion.

“What’s wrong Taec?” Sooyoung questioned.

He waved a hand, indicating it was no big deal. “I was officially dumped last night. I asked if I still had a chance but nah.”

Sooyoung and Chansung glanced at each other then back to Taecyeon. “That’s okay Taec, we’re here for you,” Chansung convinced, giving him a smile.

“Or should I say Yoona’s here for you?” Sooyoung coyly winked at him. Taecyeon rose an eyebrow, stifling a chuckle. “What?”

“Sit on the couch, Chansung and I want to talk to you.” Taecyeon obeyed what Sooyoung said as Chansung sat on the rug while Sooyoung sat beside Taecyeon.

“It’s about time Taec to sit down and talk in the quiet morning,” Sooyoung sighed softly, wanting to make a big deal out of the conversation they were about to start. “Do you like Yoona?”

Taecyeon blinked at her, slightly confused at the question. “What do you mean?”

“I know this is kind of cliché but do you, by any chance, like Yoona? Hm Taec?” Sooyoung said carefully, her eyes hinting hope. Chansung held his breath, waiting for his answer.

“You two act like her parents,” he chuckled nervously.

Sooyoung shook her head. “Be straight to the point Taec.”

Hesitating a little Taecyeon decided to be straightforward. “Yeah I like her.”

Sooyoung’s heart flipped. “Taecyeon, we want you to ask Yoona out one day.”

“Huh? Why are we getting a little sentimental here?”

“You might not know this Taec but, Yoona’s one lonely person. We can’t help to see her be sad all the time. Thanks to you, we get to see her smile more often than before,” Chansung explained.

Sooyoung nodded, “She had some issues about her love life and we wanted to help but she doesn’t let us. As bestfriends, we don’t want to see her sad anymore and we’re hoping if you can fix that.”

Taecyeon pursed his lips, brushing a hand through his hair. “So I was right about my theories, that she had some problems in her life. No wonder she’s so intimidating. What happened to her?”

“I think you should ask her about that Taec, get to know her more. She’s up let’s resume our work,” Chansung mumbled under his breath when he caught the door from the opposite side open. Yoona came out from her room noticing the three crowding over the computers. She shuffled across the room, cocking up an eyebrow.

“What are you three doing?” she asked suspiciously. Chansung smiled innocently at her. “There’s no information received last night. We were just checking again.” Yoona seemed convinced with his answer, replying with a nod as she went over to the table to arrange the stack of papers neatly.

“See what I mean,” Sooyoung whispered, pointing at Yoona. Sighing, Taecyeon stood up and helped Yoona at the table.

Yoona looked up seeing Taecyeon pile up the documents. “Taecyeon I got this.”

“No, I want to help,” he replied with his head low. Yoona didn’t argue no more as she continued to rearrange the papers.

Chansung boringly drew cartoons on a piece of paper until the speaker went on, alerting him to sit up and listen. “Guys, it’s on.”

“Master,” Yeonhee’s voice perked up in their ears. Yoona turned up the volume a little louder.

“Lee, I want you to find someone for me and kill our target,” an unknown man’s voice ordered.

“Yes Master,” Sooyoung hurriedly grabbed a pen, writing down the address the master assigned. Switching back to serious mode, they discussed their plan.

“Sooyoung you’ll go with me to capture our target first before ambushing the rest of the clan,” said Yoona.

Sooyoung glanced at Taecyeon, disapproving Yoona’s request. “I want to accompany Chansung, and to be faster we’ll track the clan while you can hunt down the target with Taecyeon.”

Yoona gave up, going with Sooyoung’s idea. “Okay that’s good too.”

 

Later that evening, Taecyeon and Yoona decided to leave first as Chansung and Sooyoung will be right behind them. Hopping into the car, Yoona the engine and drove off. The unusual silence bothered Yoona when she was used to Taecyeon talking. He was quiet in his seat, staring out the window.

She cleared his throat. “Why are you so quiet?”

Taecyeon shifted in his seat and rested his hand on top of his head. “Do you really think I’m that annoying?”

Yoona’s cheeks reddened. “No I’m not used to you being quiet.”

“Okay. Tell me about your life Yoona, hobbies, likes, dislikes, favourite color, food, movie–”

She cut his sentence fast. “Nevermind I like you being quiet,” she rolled her eyes. “I want to talk about sneaking up to the target instead.” Taecyeon smiled at her, amused at how she hated him talking.

“Yoona I’m not a five year old, I’ve experienced shooting and arresting someone before,” he groaned.

“I know that Officer Ok but you should know we don’t just hurry into action, capturing the suspect within the snap of a finger,” she reasoned. “Assassins aren’t dumb, they are much aware just like us. So we have to be extra careful, wouldn’t want us to get hurt now would we?”

He sighed. “Whatever you say miss bossy.”

 

Their quick and haste steps were tapping quietly along the ground. Taecyeon and Yoona were following Yeonhee who was running up the stairs, most likely the rooftop. Yoona peeked into the binoculars, following Yeonhee’s vision. She was aiming at a man in a business suit through the glass windows on the opposite building.

“Taecyeon I want you to stay here, the target’s gonna shoot any minute,” Yoona instructed.

Taecyeon held her harm, pulling her back down. “No Yoona you can’t go alone I’ll come with you.”

“Don’t be stubborn I don’t want any of us to get shot. So stay here, you hear me?” her voice was determined, leaving Taecyeon no choice. She rushed up the stairs, heading to the rooftop. The door was ajar, allowing Yoona to slide across the gap with ease. In front of her was Yeonhee, preparing her sniper with quick fingers.

“Drop your weapon,” Yoona demanded as she pointed her gun at the target. Yeonhee’s face was as placid as Yoona’s, smirking as they faced each other. Yeonhee was fully dressed in a sleek black suit, her hair tied up into a bun.

“Just when I thought I picked a perfect place to shoot, you came to disturb me,” Yeonhee scoffed.

“I’m afraid you’re not shooting anyone tonight.”

“What are you? A spy?” she mocked.

“And what are you? A teacher or an assassin?” Yoona snapped back.

Yeonhee chuckled. “Smart enough to know.”

Yoona took this opportunity to shoot, when Yeonhee missed the bullet in a split second. The two ladies fought with bullets and knuckles. Yoona ducked and hit Yeonhee’s abdomen with her elbow. Taecyeon from the door watch them fight, gasping when Yeonhee had caught a firm grip on Yoona’s neck. Yoona choked, trying to remove her hands from her neck but Yeonhee’s knee came into contact where her ribcage was, making her pass out quickly. He sprinted in, shooting Yeonhee by the shoulder.

“Yoona!” he knelt down worrying over her being unconscious.

“Well well, aren’t you that kid in my class?” Yeonhee hissed, clamping her left hand onto her right shoulder.

Taecyeon’s temper was lost as he gripped Yeonhee’s collar fiercely. “Don’t you dare hurt my partner,” his eyes raged with fury, his voice cold. He put her hands together, cuffing them quickly and made her kneel on the ground. Taecyeon hurriedly called the headquarters.

“Chief I need help, Yoona passed out,” Taecyeon’s words came out quickly that his hands were trembling a little.

“We’ll be right away Taecyeon,” Jaesuk replied.

Taecyeon ran his hands through Yoona’s hair. “Yoona hold on there.”

The Aces arrived at the location, Siwon and Tiffany ran towards Taecyeon and Yoona.

“Oh my gosh, is she okay Taec?” Tiffany checked Yoona’s pulse rate. “Our paramedics are on the way. Siwon and I will take over the target.”

“Let me go!” Yeonhee struggled with Siwon, as they escorted her back down.

“Keep quiet or I’ll force you to shut your mouth,” he held her by the shoulders, pushing her into the van. “Okay Seulong take her to the officers.”

Tiffany came back down with Taecyeon who was carrying Yoona in his arms.

“Thanks Siwon, Tiffany,” Taecyeon flashed a smile.  

“No biggie Taec, just trying to help.”   

Minutes later, the paramedics from the Espionage sent Yoona into their specific ambulance and Taecyeon rode with them as well. Once the ambulance pulled in by the lobby, Yoona was delivered into the emergency room in the headquarters while Jaesuk waited for Taecyeon.

“Taecyeon what happened?”

“She was knocked out,” his voice cracked.

“Where are agents 210 and 211?”

“They’ve found the clan’s hideout, I think they’re on the way here to check on Yoona.”

Jaesuk nodded. “I’ll let the Aces handle the clan. Let’s go in now.”

 

Taecyeon stared blankly at Yoona, lying motionlessly on the patient’s bed with an oxygen mask around her. Seeing her in this state was not helping him at all. He felt down right disheartened.

“Taecyeon,” Chansung and Sooyoung whispered as they entered the room. “How is she?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “She’s fine.”

Sooyoung swatted his arm. “Taec what in the world happened?”

“Look, she was being superwoman that time asking me to stay out of it, then suddenly she was knocked out. Luckily I saved her in time.”

Chansung sighed, shaking his head. “The usual Yoona we know, always keeping us from harm.”

The three gasped, standing still when Yoona’s eyes flickered open. Her fingers shifted a little as well. Gently removing the oxygen mask, her vision adjusted under the light enabling her to see team mates clearly.

“Yoong! Are you okay?” Sooyoung hugged her lightly.

Yoona put on a wry smile. “Yeah I’m fine Soo don’t worry.”

“You hungry? Want me to get you some fruits?”

“Okay we’ll be back.”

Yoona nodded. Sooyoung took Chansung with her, leaving Taecyeon and Yoona some privacy. Taecyeon rubbed the scalp of his hair awkwardly. “Feeling any better?”

“Yeah,” she fumbled with her fingers, not looking up at him. “Thank you Taecyeon.”

“You know you shouldn’t be alone next time and let me handle the situation too,” he raised a brow and sat on a chair next to her. “Think of yourself too, not just me or others.”

She closed her eyes. “I don’t want anyone hurt Taecyeon, you should know that. I’d rather be the one getting hurt.”

“Oh, and you think that’s fine with me?” his voice raised. “Do me favor and let me protect you Yoona.”

Yoona forced herself to look at him. “And why should you?”

“Because I care about you,” he sighed. “Let me play a part here, I’m getting left out as your so called sidekick,” he crossed his arms acting like a grumpy kid, resting his back against the chair. Yoona smiled, grateful to have Taecyeon by her side. It had been a long time since she had company like this. Sooyoung and Chansung entered the room, bringing in a basket of fruits.

“Here you go Yoong!” Sooyoung placed it on the side table. Yoona thanked them quietly, popping a grape inside .

“Did they get caught?”

“The Aces took over so it’s a mission complete,” Chansung showed a thumbs up.  

“Also we asked them if they found any tattoos but unfortunately it’s not them Yoona,” Sooyoung added.

Yoona frowned. “I see.”

They talked for a while more until Sooyoung noticed Yoona getting drowsy. “Guys come on let Yoona get some sleep.” Chansung stood up and left the room with Sooyoung. Taecyeon slid his hands in his pockets, staring at Yoona before he followed.

“Why are you staring at me?” Yoona squirmed under his gaze. Taecyeon took a few steps forward and bent down, leaning closer to Yoona’s face. “Taecyeon what are you doing?” she muttered. Taecyeon watched her close her eyes in fear, smirking a little. Deciding to be daring, he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Yoona’s cheeks flushed at his actions.

“Sleep well,” he whispered in her ear then winked at her leaving the room quietly. Yoona’s hand automatically covered her burning forehead, not believing what just happened. She couldn’t figure out why her heart was racing, as well as, the familiar pitapat feeling in her stomach. Erasing all the imaginations that ran across her mind, she drifted off to sleep. She knew bad dreams won’t appear tonight. All thanks to Taecyeon.