Heartthrob & Heartbreaker

Agent 143

Taecyeon and Yoona paced along the hallway, freshly dressed in their uniforms. Jaesuk called them in for a short discussion. They believed it was the mission they failed recently. Noting their chief promptly seated in his swivel chair, they bowed in courtesy as they sat on the black leathered chairs after.

Jaesuk pushed his glasses on the bridge of his nose, clasping his fingers, focusing on the two of his agents. “What happened this time 530?”

Yoona lowered her head, her words barely came out. “My apologies chief. We were distracted.”

“Distracted?” Jaesuk repeated. “How so?”

Taecyeon cut in before Yoona responded. “It’s my fault chief, I distracted her. Please forgive my mistake.”

Jaesuk let out a sigh, leaning back onto his chair appearing calm. “I see. Let it be known that this shall not happen again 1227. I’m not punishing you but it’s my warning,” he stated. “Thank the aces for tracking them down, managing to protect the victims but unfortunately the clan escaped too quickly. I know nothing about the suspects, 530. I’m sorry.”

Yoona winced when she missed the chance of the clan’s traits. She missed a chance of knowing the culprit, responsible for her mother’s death. “I’ll find them one day, when I can,” she replied without hesitation.

“Alright you two get some rest. You may go,” Jaesuk motioned them towards the door. They stood up, bowing to him before they left his office.

“I’m sorry,” Taecyeon muttered as they walked back to their zone. He heard her sigh as she shook her head. “That’s enough Taec, a thousand apologies wouldn’t help me find them,” she scoffed.

“Want a hug?” Taecyeon formed a teasing smile on his face.

Yoona stared at him blushing, “I guess I was being too nice to you huh?”

“You seem to enjoy it anyway,” he retorted, followed with a chuckle. “Don’t deny it Miss Im.”

“I wonder why I’m drawn to you. You’re too arrogant for my liking.”

Taecyeon threw her a wink. “To prove you that my charms work?”

“Flabbergasting I should say,” Yoona smiled as she entered the zone by placing her right palm onto the scanner. She turned around when she heard Taecyeon’s footsteps following behind her. “Aren’t you going to bed?”

Taecyeon shrugged his shoulders, as he made a bold move by making Yoona lean against her door, raising one arm by the side of her head. “Can’t I sleep with you?” he said huskily, earning a smack on the arm. “You know, you could reply a ‘no’ instead of harrassing me,” he pouted.

Yoona bit her lip and snickered. “Oh so now I’m harrassing you? Tell me,” she moved herself forward, leaning close to his face. “You want to sleep with me because you’re lonely or because you're just being your y self?”

Taecyeon took a moment to ponder hard, which made Yoona laugh. “Don't even get me started on that Yoona. I’m lonely of course! Aren’t we official? Do we need a special ceremony or something like let’s say, a red carpet rolled along the cafeteria, covered in rose petals? Then I’d have Sooyoung announcing our status,” he chuckled.

“Weird, but amusing,” Yoona wrapped her arms around his neck, gazing straight into his eyes. Taecyeon pulled her closer by encircling his arms around her waist. “We don’t need to do all that. I just want you to know that I like you and that’s pretty much it,” she whispered. “It’s been a long time since I’ve decided to trust someone.”

“Thank you,” he replied curtly. “Because from now on, I’ll protect you okay?”

Yoona nodded, playfully brushing her nose against his. “Go to sleep! If Sooyoung or Chansung comes in here they won’t shut up until morning.”

“I’m pretty sure they’re sleeping right now. Besides they’ll found out about us tomorrow so no chances for you!” Taecyeon stuck his tongue out.

“Whatever, just go to bed.”

“Not even a goodnight kiss?” he pouted.

Yoona placed her hands on her hips, eyeing on Taecyeon. She giggled, leaving a quick peck on his lips, smiling at him. Taecyeon bit his lip, assuming she was taunting him. Yoona hopped off to her room while Taecyeon strolled into the dorm. Chansung and Sooyoung were snoring away as he slid in the side of his bed, pulling the covers over him.

 

“Oh my god! Are you two for real right now?” Sooyoung bolted up from her seat, glancing at Taecyeon and a blushing Yoona.

“When did this happen Taec?” Chansung asked.

“Last night,” Taecyeon smirked at Yoona who was covering her face in embarrassment. “She finally fell for me.”

Yoona punched his shoulder. “Calm your ego down Taecyeon.”

Sooyoung pulled her chair closer to Yoona’s, squealing right next to her. “Aren’t you two the cutest? Channie! We have to treat these two with another date.” Chansung agreed with a nod. “The two of you are gonna be the hot topic in the headquarters.”

“No way,” Yoona rolled her eyes, taking a bite from an apple. “Should I change my mind then?” she chuckled.

Taecyeon glared at her accusingly. “Very funny Yoong,” he scowled. “Besides you can’t be able to resist me.”

“Okay cut it out guys, we don’t want you two making out on our dining table,” Chansung blurted out, high-fiving with Sooyoung. “Come on let’s change and get going!”

All four got rid of their uniforms and changed to their casual get up. Sooyoung gladly held onto Chansung’s arm as they walked out of the elevator. Yoona glanced at Taecyeon nervously, hesitating whether she should hold hands with him or not. While peeking at his face, she realized he was really good-looking. A strong jaw line, a sharp nose, his tempting full lips and a messy spiked hair to top it off along with his strong charisma. Her knees wobbled just by staring at him. Yoona woke up from her thoughts when Taecyeon hung his arm around her shoulder. Whispers and some murmuring broke out from  agents who were pointing and glancing at them.

Taecyeon smiled, noticing the surprised looks on the agents’ faces. “Didn’t know you were that popular among the agents,” he mumbled in Yoona’s ear.

“That’s what you get for being a Professional.”

Chuckling, they hopped in Yoona’s car while Chansung took over the driver’s seat. As usual, Sooyoung sat next to Chansung, leaving Taecyeon and Yoona at the backseats. Chansung drove to the café’s location where he thought Yoona could enjoy for the time being with Taeyeon and Yuri.

“Here we are!” Sooyoung clicked off her seatbelt and slammed the car door behind her.

“Thanks guys,” Yoona smiled at them, skipping off to the café. She observed Taeyeon running the counter as she served a customer. Chansung, Sooyoung and Taecyeon settled at a table by the window, Yoona joined them shortly after sneaking past her bestfriends.

“I’ll be taking the orders,” Taecyeon rose from his seat, taking out his wallet. “What’d you guys want?”

“A pastry of your choice Taec, and we’ll have cappucino,” Sooyoung pointed at herself and Chansung.

“What about you honey?” Taecyeon showed off a toothy grin, causing Sooyoung and Chansung to cringe. Yoona looked around, checking if anyone heard him. “Stop with the nicknames Taec! You’re giving me goosebumps. I’ll have whatever you’re having,” she blushed.

“Frappucino it is!” he took a few steps to the counter, catching Taeyeon off guard. “Hey there Tae.”

“Taecyeon!” Taeyeon smiled widely at him, then looking past him only to see the whole team chatting quietly. “Aha, agents’ hangout huh?” she muttered, winking at him. “What brings you here?”

“We’re celebrating Yoona’s new relationship with someone,” he said casually, holding his laughter in.

Yuri appeared next to Taeyeon, greeting Taecyeon merrily. “What? Yoona has a boyfriend?” both girls exchanged glances, confounded at Taecyeon. “Who?”

“Oh I don’t know, about six feet tall, really handsome, funny, kind and has a surname ‘Ok’,” Taecyeon tried hard to keep himself from laughing, slightly bashful from his given details.

Taeyeon and Yuri giggled when they knew who exactly Taecyeon was talking about. They left the counter for a minute to hug Taecyeon in excitement. Laughing, he patted their backs gently.

“I knew it! I knew you two were gonna be together! We’re glad it’s you Taec,” Yuri grinned, looking up at him. “So take good care of our Yoong from now on okay?!”

Taecyeon acted to salute, “Yes ma’am!”

Yoona from the table shook her head, smiling when the three approached their table. She stood up, hugging both of her bestfriends warmly. “Calm down girls, not wanting to make a scene here.”

“How come you didn’t tell us Yoong? That’s unfair!” Yuri crossed her arms.

“We just got together yesterday! You two were busy anyway.”

“Alright, alright. Hey Chansung, Sooyoung! It’s been a while,” Taeyeon shook hands with them.

“I know Tae, sorry we’re kinda busy the past few weeks,” Sooyoung mentioned.

“That’s okay! Since you guys are here, you’ll be our special customers! Anything you guys order is on us,” Taeyeon said with a content smile.

Yoona was against the idea as she protested, “Tae it’s okay you don’t have to.” Taeyeon wagged her finger, disagreeing. “I won’t take no for an answer. Come on order up!”

Taeyeon ordered two other staffs to run the counter for her and Yuri, in order to chat a little while with the four agents. They were far more relieved to have Taecyeon as the boyfriend for Yoona. Taecyeon just seemed right, someone who would protect Yoona from harm and they didn’t doubt it. But the most important factor was making Yoona happy again. Taeyeon and Yuri were pleased to see her smile more often than before when she was slightly cold and distant. Just then Chansung suggested to have a walk at the park nearby the café.

Yuri placed the cups on the tray, settling it down on the bar. “Four of you should visit again!”

“Don’t worry Yuri, if Yoona’s with me I’ll drag her here in your coffee shop,” Taecyeon snickered, hanging an arm around Yoona’s shoulder.

“Remember! If you ever hurt our Yoong, you have four people hunting you down,” Taeyeon warned as she referred to Chansung, Sooyoung, Yuri and herself.

Taecyeon pretended to act horrified. “Rather than the four of you, I think Yoona alone is terrifying.”

Yoona pinched his ear. “One more word and I’ll break up with you mister.”

“Okay, okay! Just kidding Yoong,” he said kissing the top of her head.

“We’ll be going then!” Sooyoung clutched onto her purse, heading to the doors. “See ya Tae! Yul!”

Taeyeon and Yuri waved their hands at the agents. “Come back again!”

 

“Wanna die?!” Sooyoung threatened when he hit Chansung on the shoulder when he didn’t share the cotton candy with her. Chansung laughed heartily at her cuteness, giving up as he handed her the stick of candy floss. Taecyeon and Yoona were in front of them, fingers intertwined as they strolled.

“So…should I start taking notes of how to make you happy on our dates?” Taecyeon turned to her, smiling. Yoona couldn’t help but giggle.

“Sure, you should jot it down on a notepad or something.”

“I don’t have a pen right now but I’ll use my memory,” he replied amused. “Anything you want to do or go to on our future meetings?”

“Hmm actually, I do have certain activities I’d like to do.”

“And what is that my lady?”

She chuckled. “I want to go camping, scream on a roller coaster ride, hiking, star-gazing and receiving flowers.”

Taecyeon glanced up front hearing out what she was saying. “Good thing all of them are my specialties,” he smirked.

“Here we go again, the ego is back,” she rolled her eyes dramatically. Suddenly Yoona froze on her spot, staring at the person who was looking back at her. Taecyeon followed the direction of her gaze, landing upon a tall and masculine guy, appearing stunned. Sooyoung and Chansung stood behind them, gasping when they recognized the man.

“Lee Jonghyun,” Yoona made a long pause after she said his name. Taecyeon’s eyes pierced through Jonghyun’s gripping onto Yoona’s hand tightly.

Jonghyun let out a breath when he heard her call him out. He regarded Taecyeon beside her, and his eyes widened at their joined hands. Never once he could imagine Yoona holding another guy’s hand aside from himself.

“We meet again Yoona,” he bowed his head slightly. “Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“What is there to talk about?” Yoona snapped, her fists clenching.

“I just want to talk to you. Can’t we?”

Yoona lowered her head, switching her attention to Taecyeon who was looking at her with concern. She released his hand, telling him it was fine.

“I’m right behind you Yoona,” Taecyeon’s voice deepened as he glared at Jonghyun. The three agents went to sit down at a park bench, leaving the two alone.

Yoona crossed her arms, avoiding Jonghyun’s eyes. “What?”

“I…I just wanted to let you know I missed you.”

She scoffed, disconcerned. “I don’t care about that.”

“Are you doing well?”

“Yeah,” her tone indifferent. “Strong, fearless and confident as ever. As you can see I’m in good shape right?” she pointed out as if it wasn’t obvious enough for him.

“I’m sorry Yoona,” Jonghyun confessed.

Yoona failed from holding back her tears. “Sorry? Is that what you want to say after all this time? Sorry?” she snorted. “Jonghyun you have no idea what kind of pain I went through the day you left me. The moment you turned away from my face, I knew I couldn’t forgive you. I lost my mom and then I lost you. You didn’t understand how painful it was for me that time to cope with losing ones that I loved. I’m pretty sure you were happy back then, even laughing behind my back huh?” more tears flowed down her cheeks, her voice cracking.

“No I didn’t,” his sentence was cut off.

“Jonghyun I loved you with all my heart before,” Yoona whimpered as she started poking her chest with her finger. “My heart hurts a lot whenever I see you around. I depended on you so much it drove me insane when you weren’t there. I cried every single night because of you. My dreams turned into nightmares after you left me. But I guess I was an idiot for putting too much trust in you. The promises you made to me were lies, all of them were lies!” she exclaimed, her caged feelings that were trapped inside her chest were pouring out.

Taecyeon stood up immediately when he saw Yoona cry, but Chansung prevented him so.

Jonghyun reached for Yoona’s arm but she yanked his hand away. “Yoona I’m sorry.”

“If you want forgiveness then fine I’ll give that to you for your own pleasure, but you’ll never get me back, never. I have moved on and I’m happy with my own man,” Yoona stated clearly.

“You’re only coming back to me because you were dumped right? I’m not an idiot Jonghyun, I saw you with a girl at the Han River the other day. Well guess what, that’s how I felt when you let go of my hand and it’s okay, there’s always other people around to love you,” she recalled what Jonghyun told her in the past. She was about to turn around until Jonghyun pulled her back.

“Please Yoona, it’s my mistake,” he begged desperately.

Yoona threw him a piercing stare. “Let go,” she demanded. Jonghyun threw his arms around her, hugging her tightly but Yoona struggled with his grip, trying her best to push him away. Taecyeon held it in no longer as he marched up towards them, breaking them apart by force.

“Get your hands off her!” he flared, fury took over his emotion.

Jonghyun’s chest rose up and down, seething at Taecyeon while Taecyeon growled in outrage clenching his fists, preparing for a massive punch.

“Taecyeon I’m okay, it’s alright,” Yoona placed her hands on his shoulders, preventing Taecyeon and Jonghyun from a possible fight.

She took one step closer to Jonghyun, giving him an icy stare. “I want you to disappear and don’t ever talk to me again. We’re done,” she provoked, walking past him marching forward. Sooyoung stood up and ran after her. Chansung waited for Taecyeon to finish with Jonghyun.

Clenching his jaw, Taecyeon leaned close to Jonghyun’s face. Jonghyun examined his bloodshot eyes, menacing and dangerous.

“If you ever touch Yoona like that again,” his voice low and antagonizing. “I swear to god I’ll kill you,” he said then throwing a hard punch at his face, knocking him on the ground. Jonghyun choked a little when blood spat out from his mouth.

“That was for hurting Yoona,” Taecyeon scoffed, then jogged forward, catching up with Yoona and Sooyoung.

“Yoona are you okay?” Sooyoung her back gently, frowning when Yoona broke out in tears. Taecyeon caught up with them, turning Yoona around. His heart shattered by her broken state, deep in sorrow. He wiped her tears away softly with his thumb.

“It’s okay I’m here now,” he soothed her, wrapping his arms around her carefully. Yoona buried her face in his chest, crying out her agony that wounded her heart.

 

That night in the Professional’s zone, Taecyeon stepped inside Yoona’s room for the first time. He inspected the circumstances, it was a typical bedroom with walls painted in pastel blue, a queen-sized bed in the middle, black closets by the walls, tall glass windows, two nightstands on either side of the bed and even a television hung up on the wall opposite the bed.

“Classy,” he commented, sitting comfortably on the edge of the bed.

Yoona smiled and sat beside him. “As you can see this is where I sleep.”

“Obviously,” he laughed. “So this is where Rapunzel is trapped huh? Locked in her room, damsel in distress sort of thing. Wonder where’s the prince? Could he be seen by the window?” he asked teasingly.

“Hush hush, he’s right here annoying me,” she stuck out her tongue.

He chuckled, then taking her hand into his, looking at her in concern. “Are you okay?”

She nodded against his shoulder. “Pretty messed up day.”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No,” she answered right away. “I don’t want to think about him. I want him out of my mind.”

“So what do you want to do?”

“Let’s sleep, I want to call it a day,” she muttered in a tiring tone, lying herself on the sheets. “Stay with me Taecyeon,” she whispered. Taecyeon nodded, letting Yoona cuddle up in his arms, resting her head on his broad chest, smiling in content when she felt his overwhelming warmth. He her hair gently, soothing her to sleep. Not long enough she was off to dreamland while Taecyeon stayed awake recalling what happened earlier.

“I’ll never hurt you, I promise you that,” he mumbled under his breath as he raised the sheets over them, covering their bodies from the cool surroundings.


I'm sorry guys that I didn't update last week ;__; (busy with school) but I hope this chapter's alright!

also please leave some feedback below :) 

thank you for reading and the motivating support guys! ^^