Baker's Revenge II

Agent 143

“So are you confirming your order? Okay thank you,” Yoona listened carefully to what the target was saying from the speaker. Taecyeon who was beside her, tapped his fingers on the table.

“What’d you get?” he asked.

“Someone’s ordering from his bakery and I’m pretty sure it’s Hyejin who made the order.”

“By the way we still have some left over chocolate cake in the fridge…want some?” Taecyeon smiled, pointing at the refrigerator.

Yoona sighed dramatically, “Are you kidding?”

“Nope, Chansung, Sooyoung and I liked it. Why not give it a try?”

“Eating the cake from the target’s bakery…” she paused then broke out to a chuckle, “Good thing you guys aren’t poisoned yet.”

“Oh…oh! Now I get it, but they’re like any other cakes though…it’s good.”

She shook her head. “No thank you, I don’t like cakes.”

“Man, you really don’t like anything do you?”

Yoona shot him a glare. “Can you make yourself useful by keeping quiet?”

Taecyeon lied comfortably on the couch, grinning to himself. “Whatever you say miss bossy. So have you been doing this for a long time?”

“Why yes, it’s been quite some time now.”

“How do you make theories like these? About the whole revenge thing.”

She shrugged. “It’s pretty easy once you get the gist of it. I mean after all the missions we’ve been through, this is one of the easy ones.”

“Nice. Are you in a relationship Yoona?”

Yoona hesitated to answer, but as soon as she was about to reply, Chansung and Sooyoung came in, joining Yoona at the table. She took this chance to avoid his question. Taecyeon sighed in disappointment when she turned her attention to them. “Any updates?” 

“He’s ordering his staff to bake a wedding cake,” Chansung replied.

Sooyoung added, “Hyejin and Yejun are off to a photoshoot.”

“Good. We’ll arrive at the venue early tomorrow and carry on things from there,” Yoona’s eyes fell upon Taecyeon who was lazing around the couch. Thinking of an idea that would test his boldness, she made his way over to him. “Mr Ok, I guess you shall take my spot tomorrow. In fact, you’ll be the one attending the wedding and the one who’ll aim at our target. Objections?” she smirked. Taecyeon gazed up at her skeptically. “You’re on.”

“Are you sure you’re letting him Yoong?” Sooyoung whispered.

“Let’s see what he got,” Yoona said as she walked into her room, without another word.

 

The speaker went on which Yoona rushed to in a hurry. Sooyoung and Chansung huddled around her, wanting to hear the target’s voice. As the ‘call’ ended, Taecyeon came back from the bathroom.

“What’s up?” he noticed the three of them discussing quietly.

“We received the target’s plan,” Sooyoung replied.

Taecyeon pulled out a chair beside Chansung. “What was that?”

“They’re gonna kidnap the Hyejin at the wedding. Taewon will be there.”

“Gosh that’s an unwise move. So what are you guys up to?”

Yoona took out a piece of paper and scribbled. “The wedding will be held at ballroom in a hotel. Taewon will make a scene to kidnap Hyejin and kill Yejun. So here’s the plan. Chansung will stop Taewon’s accomplice, Taecyeon and Sooyoung will serve as guests. As for me, I’ll watch from above and give the signals to any of you. Since I won’t be the sniper this time, Taecyeon will shoot at the target okay?”

Taecyeon’s eyebrows furrowed. “Isn’t a sniper from afar?”  

“That’s just a name that we give for the one who aims at the target so it doesn’t mean you’ll be shooting from afar Mr Ok.”

“Well whatever, as long as Sooyoung will guide me then I’ll be flawless.” Yoona rolled her eyes when Sooyoung and Taecyeon laughed at each other.

“Fine just stick with our plan and don’t fail my role Mr Ok.”

He scoffed, “Thank me in advance Ms Im.”

 

Weddding day arrived, the Spyro made their took another step forward to their mission, completing their task any sooner. They were promptly preparing their outfits for the wedding ceremony.

Sooyoung was fixing Taecyeon’s bowtie as he stood in the mirror, checking his out the tux that she gave him. He sighed, brushing his hand through his hair, realizing what he got himself into.

“Do I look fine?”

Sooyoung chuckled, “You’re looking like a Casanova, Taec.”

Smirking, he straightened out his sleeves of his blazer. “Why do I have to do this again?”

“To prove Yoona you’re worthy?”

“Nothing could satisfy that girl.”

“So this is your chance to get close to her!” she winked.

“Right,” rolling his eyes but stiffened when he caught Yoona coming out of her room, all dressed in a beige gown. He could see her aura of beauty, glowing around her figure. Exceptionally stunning. Yoona gasped faintly, her eyes scanning Taecyeon from head to toe. He looked so handsome, she bit her lip nervously. Pushing the thoughts at the back of her mind, she kept a calm posture.

“Well hello goddess aphrodite,” he said in a furtive manner, approaching to her with a wide grin.

She cocked up a brow, “You better stop with your nicknames Mr Ok. It’s getting on my nerves.”

“Getting on your nerves or into your heart?” he challenged, staring at her intently. She couldn’t help but blush at his statement. She was getting frustrated again since Taecyeon always had an effect on her which led to feelings that she couldn’t decipher. Chansung and Sooyoung were secretly whispering things to each other, noticing how Taecyeon and Yoona’s relationship was improving.

Turning her head away, she headed towards the door and left the zone. Taecyeon smirked to himself, loving how he tease Yoona. The four of them drive to the specific location of the wedding in their Spyro van.

“Remember the plan guys. Chansung, an accomplice is helping the target so be sure take control first before he could. Taewon had the same idea as us, so that it is easier for us.”

“Got it.”

 

With everything confirmed, they fled to the scene. Chansung disguised as a waiter, Yoona was at the second floor of the ballroom, observing the ceremony closely. Sooyoung accompanied Taecyeon as both of them turned out as invited guests, with their fake invitations. Strolling towards a table at the corner, they smiled to some guests along the way. Watching the area, Yoona focused on the target who entered the ballroom quietly. She sent a signal to Sooyoung through the earpiece device which she casually spoke to. Chansung was in charge of the highlight of the event, enabling Taecyeon to deal with the target. He was waiting in the operating room where the lights were controlled. A man walked in, narrowing his eyes at him. Chansung flustered, realizing he was the accomplice of the target. The man fished out a gun from his pocket, pointing it directly at him. Chansung took the initiative to run up to him, avoiding the bullet in a split second, kicking the man in the abdomen. He twisted the man’s arm with a force that made the older man wince. Grabbing the gun, Chansung knocked him unconscious. Taking short breaths, he made his way back to the switches when he caught Yoona’s voice ringing into his ear.

Yoona waited patiently, until the ceremony was finished, moving on to the cutting of the wedding cake.

“530 to 211, five seconds,” she muttered.

Chansung received her signal. “211 to 530, timer set.”

Song Hyejin, the bride, was smiling at the groom, Kim Yejun, cutting a slice carefully. Holding her breath, Yoona waited for Chansung’s move. Suddenly the lights flicked off, creating a commotion at the first floor. She heard the people below frantically figuring out what was happening. When the lights were back, Yoona saw the target’s arm around the bride’s neck, the other arm had a gun in his hand.

“530 to 211, keep lights on hold.”

The scene below was getting frantic, some of the ladies were already screaming when they caught the target pointing  a gun at them. Taecyeon and Sooyoung were standing at the side, anxiously focusing on the bride who was struggling.

“Everyone don’t move so no one gets hurt!” Taewon yelled. Hyejin whimpered when his grip tightened. Yejun stood there, hands shaking and eyes watering.

“Taewon, please don’t do this,” Yejun begged desperately.

“A year too late Yejun! I can’t let you marry the person I love,” he snapped.

Yoona placed her fingers on her ear, sending the signal to Taecyeon. “This is it Mr Ok, it’s time to eliminate the target.” Taecyeon’s ears perked up when he heard Yoona speak to him. Taecyeon took a deep breath as he grabbed his gun from the pocket in his vest. As the target was about to shoot at Yejun, the lights flickered off and two bullets echoed in the ballroom. Yoona pursed her lips, desperately wanting to know the outcome. As the room illuminated again, she noticed Taecyeon and Sooyoung were gone, the target lying unconsciously on the floor and the groom was shot in the shoulder. She sprinted to the nearest exit, escaping from the boundaries. The siren of the ambulance echoed along the roads, the police officers rushing to the scene as they captured the suspect.

 

“Thank god I did it!” Taecyeon let out a huge sigh of relief, resting his back against the car seat. “Where’s Yoona?”

“She’s checking with the officers, not to worry, they know her identity,” Sooyoung reassured him. “Anyway, good job Taec! You’re officially a member of the Spyro!” Just then, Chansung hopped onto the driver’s seat, panting heavily.

“It was quite a trouble in there,” he huffed. “Nice aim Taec.”

“Did I kill him? I didn’t know whether I shot at his heart or something.”

Their eyes turned to Yoona who was walking back to the van. She grabbed the seat next to Chansung, sighing.

“Not him?” Chansung asked. She shook her head, slightly disappointed.

“That’s okay Yoong, we’ll find him sooner or later,” Sooyoung patted her shoulder gently.

Taecyeon was oblivious about what they were talking about. Who were they referring to? “Did I kill him?”

“No he’s alive, just unconscious. Let’s go.” They headed back to the headquarters.

 

Jaesuk was sitting at the couch and stood up quickly when the team marched in. “Agents! Was the mission successful?”

Sooyoung turned around, mentioning Taecyeon to say the good news instead. Taecyeon smiled, scratching his head, “It was successful chief!” Jaesuk laughed, shaking Taecyeon’s hands eagerly. “Good work agents and Taecyeon. I heard you were the main star?”

“Yoona let me,” he glanced over to Yoona who looked up at him in surprise.

“Alright! Get some rest and I’ll let you know the next mission soon okay?” Jaesuk left the four of them standing there in silence. Chansung and Sooyoung sat on the sofa, giving Taecyeon and Yoona a playful look.

“Why are you guys staring at me?” Yoona blankly stared back.

“Aren’t you going to say something to Taec?” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out.

Taecyeon casually inserted his hands in his pocket, smiling at Yoona. She shook her head smiling a little.

“Well done 1227,” she said.

His brows furrowed. “Hey aren’t you going to go by our deal?”

Yoona turned around, smiling as she walked to her room. Before she turned the doorknob, she looked back at Taecyeon and said, “Welcome to Spyro Taecyeon.”


please leave me some feedback guys! it really helps :) thanks for reading!