Spy Ambush

Agent 143

Taecyeon bolted up into a seating position, shoving the blankets to the side of the bed. He felt something bad was going to happen soon he just couldn’t put a finger to it. Opposite from him were Chansung and Sooyoung sleeping away, oblivious to his noisy movements.

“Chansung Sooyoung wake up!” Taecyeon whispered but panic was evident in his voice. He shook them a little, waking them up in a hurry.

Sooyoung mumbled something in her sleep, her brows creasing as she opened an eye. “Taecyeon?”

“Wake up, we don’t have much time.”

“What do you mean?” Sooyoung rose in a seating position, still half-asleep. “What’s the rush?”

“Sooyoung please wake Chansung up, I think there’s something bad going on right now. You go wake him up, I need to find Yoona,” Taecyeon patted her back before leaving their dorm, sprinting towards the red zone. Placing his hand over the scanner, the doors opened quickly as he went in with haste footsteps. Taecyeon knocked on Yoona’s door, forgetting she was probably asleep. Luckily her door wasn’t locked which he entered with ease. He noticed Yoona was sleeping, her body fidgeting when she heard his footsteps. As Taecyeon was about to touch her, Yoona forced her eyes open, catching hold of his arm tightly.

“Taecyeon?” she asked confounded. “What are you doing here?”

“Yoona come on we don’t have much time we need to act quick,” Taecyeon explained, lifting her up from her bed. “There might be something going on in the other levels, we have to go back to Chansung and Sooyoung.”

Yoona let herself get dragged by Taecyeon, leaving the zone quietly. The four agents met up, all of them besides Taecyeon were confused with what was going on. All of a sudden, the sound of marching footsteps echoed in the headquarters. The four of them crouched down, taking a glimpse of what was the commotion going on in the first level. They witnessed a few unknown spies, each carrying a gun. Sooyoung covered in shock when she noticed some of them raiding the cafeteria, spreading out to other levels.

“Guys what do we do now?” Sooyoung tugged Taecyeon’s arm desperately.

“They’re raiding the zones,” Chansung clenched his fists, his blood boiling.

Yoona turned to Taecyeon, “How did you know this Taec?”

“I didn’t know it. I just had a feeling this would happen,” he said shrugging. “Guys we need to grab our weapons and gadgets then form a plan. We have to get out of here.”

“Wait! We should go to the chief first!” Sooyoung muttered.

“Sooyoung that’s not a good idea. The enemies might be in chief’s office. This may sound crazy but I’ll explain it to you when we escape form here.”

They rushed to their lockers, snatching a few of their gadgets and weapons then heading off to escape from the building. Yoona mentioned a secret hideout they could go to, leading the way out of the headquarters in another section. When they reached the first level, Yoona bursted through the exit, running to a cluster of bushes, bending down to pull up an opening. Taecyeon raised an eyebrow, turning to Chansung who gave him a smirk. Yoona climbed down the hole, followed by Sooyoung, Taecyeon and Chansung. Taecyeon squinted his eyes when lights flickered on the area.

“Wow,” he whistled. It was a small den-like shelter, a long rectangular table in the middle of the room, a few sketches and blueprints posted up by the side of the wall. The walls were painted grey, so as the floor, the room dull and unappealing. “What is this?”

“Chief owned this den, he showed it to us once and explained that we should plan here when we’re doing some top secret mission. But unfortunately we stopped visiting this den after a year or so, that explains the dust and a few cobwebs in the corners,” Yoona smiled, folding her arms as she leaned her figure by the edge of the table.

Taecyeon nodded, explaining the situation after. “So this is my theory guys. I think Minho is the one in charge of this.”

“Minho?” Yoona and Sooyoung said his name in unison. “Why?”

“He could be the mastermind behind this and I couldn’t trust him after talking to him a few times. He appeared as if he had some dirty secret, he said to me if I could be able to protect you, the agents and the headquarters. I can’t report this to the chief because I don’t have any evidence and Minho could put up a show to prove he is innocent. But now what you saw earlier, Minho might be the one controlling this or he can be part of this ambush. He’s not stupid so he probably ordered some of his troops to capture the chief and then the rest of the agents includig us. I don’t know why he’s doing this but Minho likes you Yoona,” Taecyeon stated, awkwardly rubbing his neck, sighing.

Yoona tapped her chin with her finger. “I see this can make sense. Though I didn’t know he likes me but I’m sure there’s more to that. He might be doing this for some sort of revenge.”

Chansung layed out a big sheet of paper on the table, showing a blueprint of the Espionage. “We should be planning right now, everyone’s in danger we have to act fast.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “How could Minho do this to us? So he’s a spy all along?”

Yoona groaned, focusing her eyes on the sheet of paper. “I trusted him and now he’s stabbing all of us in the back. Okay we have to set up a plan.”

“What’s our goal Yoona?” Chansung questioned from the side.

“We have to split up and free the agents from the zones. They might have been locked up in their dorms or might have been gathered in some place in the headquarters. There’s gonna be trouble obviously, since we miht fight off with some spies along the way but the main thing is we must stay hidden and not get caught by anyone. We should not trust anyone but ourselves, there might be other traitors included besides Minho. Sooyoung, you’ll go to the rookies’ zone,” Yoona pointed at the zone located on the blueprint. “We have to be careful since spies may be on guard or something. They’re probably searching for us right now. Avoid the first level as much as possible. Chansung you’ll be in charge of the aces. Taecyeon, you’ll come with me because we’re saving the chief and I need a helping hand,” she smiled teasingly at Taecyeon.

“Sure thing,” Taecyeon nodded, holding onto the gun that he picked up from his belt.

“Chansung can you switch the screen on, we have to check if it’s safe to go right now,” Yoona pointed at the mini screen behind her, which Chansung . Taecyeon observed in amazement, it was some sort of desktop screen which showed the surroundings outside through hidden cameras.

“No one’s in the area, lucky for us.” Yoona sighed in relief.

Sooyoung tied her hair into a ponytail, preparing to climb up. “I’ll be going first then. See you guys later,” she winked.

“Be careful Sooyoung!” Yoona managed to say before she went further up.

Chansung went next, leaving the two of them alone in the den. Taecyeon stood beside Yoona, her back gently. “We’ll be fine,” he reassured.

“I hope so too. I hope no one gets hurt.”

“No one will be if we’re coming to rescue them,” he smiled.

“Alright we have to go, not much time to waste.”

Yoona and Taecyeon climbed upwards, out of the hole, crouching down as their eyes scanned the area for spies.

 

Some agents were captured, other fought off with the intruders, finding a way to escape from their zones and the building itself.

“Don’t let anyone escape!” Minho yelled at the spies, walking along the hallways, making his way to the elevator. Entering the chief’s office, he smirked when he found Jaesuk trapped in his swivel chair, looking weak and helpless. He bowed to his uncle who was facing Jaesuk.

“The troops are doing well uncle,” Minho informed politely to Minsoo.

Minsoo’s head nodded slightly, keeping his eyes on Jaesuk. “Hello Jaesuk, we meet again.”

Jaesuk hissed, keeping his eyes shut. He couldn’t move with his hands and legs were trapped in metal cuffs that were attached to his chair. “What are you doing Minsoo?”

“It’s my present to you. Congratulations on being the chief of the Espionage for fifteen years. I’m sorry I was late,” Minsoo draped his led over the other, smiling maliciously at Jaesuk.

Jaesuk diverted his attention to Minho. “Minho what is the meaning of this?”

“It’s called revenge chief.”

“Fool,” Jaesuk mumbled.

Minsoo slapped him for it, “Don’t you dare mock my nephew Jaesuk.”

Jaesuk felt his cheek stinging. “How dare you Minsoo! I told you to mess with me, not my agents! They did nothing wrong to you!” he screamed in vain, his chest rise and fall out of fury.

Minsoo scoffed, wagging his finger. “I am messing with you. I’m harming your beloved agents because I know that’s the only way I can hurt you and for me to take over the Espionage.”

“My members,” Minsoo cut Jaesuk’s sentence off.

“I already handled your teammates. My spies took care of them, in that way I have nothing to worry about.”

Jaesuk felt a pang of guilt in his chest, not being able to help in the situation he was in. He felt responsible for all of this to happen, now his agents and members fell into a trap that was going to harm them. Minsoo gazed at Jaesuk, a sense of accomplishment fell upon him once he had Jaesuk in control with his own hands.

“Minho, continue your job while gossip with your chief,” Minsoo mentioned Minho out of the office. Minho obeyed his uncle, leaving the office quietly.

“The professionals are not in their zone,” Seunghyun said, welcoming Minho back from where he went.

Minho sighed, scratching his eyebrow. “Where’s Krystal?”

“She’s downstairs guarding the aces. I heard they were giving her a hard time just now,” Seunghyun chuckled along with Minho.

“Siwon and Seulong specifically?”

“Maybe.”

“Come on we need to find the professionals, especially Taecyeon and Yoona,” Minho marched into the elevator with Seunghyun tagging along with him.

 

Sooyoung kept close to the wall, stepping onto the floor with slow movements. Biting her lip, she ducked when she heard voices near her. She was almost near the rookies’ zone, only that there were two spies guarding the entrance. Fishing out two silver marbles, she rolled them along the floor, the spies oblivious of them. She counted inside her head, smirking when the marbles popped with smoke surrounding the spies. She heard them cough, fighting their way against the tear gas.

“That was easy,” Sooyoung patted the dust away on her palms, tiptoeing inside the zone.

She stopped dead in her tracks, looking at Seunghyun who was before her.

“Hello Sooyoung,” he waved with his hand. “Looking for someone?”

Sooyoung searched the area, the rookies were nowhere to be found. “Where are the rookies?”

“Oh them, I kept them safe somewhere.”

“Seunghyun…how could you be part of this?”

“I find it fun,” he showed off his wicked grin. “Take her,” he ordered.

Sooyoung turned around, leaping in the air, kicking the spies’ heads. Seunghyun stepped forward, electrocuting Sooyoung with his gadget. Before she knew it, she fell into Seunghyun’s arms.

Chansung threw punches in the spy’s abdomen, slitting the other’s neck with his dagger. However, he lost focus when Krystal was staring at him.

“Krystal?”

She smiled unknowingly. “What are you doing Chansung?”

“What are you doing here?” he retorted.

Krystal hurled a dagger over his direction, which Chansung avoided. She took out something from her pocket, bringing contact to his arm, electrocuting him. Chansung scowled in pain, the electricity flowing through his veins, making him lose consciousness.

 

Taecyeon stayed on the lookout while Yoona did the same, walking forward hastily. They managed to get pass through some of the intruders, with the gadgets and weapons they brought along.

“Are we there yet?” Taecyeon whispered, his eyes vigilant of the circumstances.

Yoona let out a breath. “We’re almost there, we’ll take the stairs.”

They climbed up the flight of stairs, opening the door as quietly as they could. Yoona slid through the small gap, followed by Taecyeon who closed the door behind him.

“Stop right there.”

Taecyeon and Yoona faced off with Minho who was pointing a gun at them. Taecyeon held onto his gun firmly, pointing it at Minho.

“You better put that gun down Taecyeon. I might just shoot your girlfriend,” Minho snickered.

Taecyeon gritted his teeth, putting the gun down while standing in front of Yoona defensively. “Don’t you dare.”

“Or should I just shoot you instead. Either way it’s fine for me.”

“Minho please stop,” Yoona demanded, her voice firm, pulling Taecyeon back to her.

“Surrender yourself then,” Minho stated simply, lowering his gun. “Make it easy for all of us.”

Taecyeon didn’t hold himself back any longer, grabbing Minho by the collar, pushing him down the ground, punching the guts out of him. Minho did the same, but blood oozed from his lip that tore. Yoona tried to separate the two guys away but two pairs of hands prevented her. She turned to the side, noticing that two spies caught her.

“Let go!” Yoona jumped, doing a somersault, hitting the enemies at the same time. Before she could fight them off, she was electrocuted like they way Sooyoung and Chansung were. Taecyeon’s eyes widened, pushing Minho off of him, making his way to Yoona. “Yoona! Yoona!”

Minho grasped onto his gun, hitting Taecyeon’s head hard. Taecyeon screamed, agony spreading in his head. His body fell onto the cold floor, the pain was too overwhelming it blurred his vision, then everything faded to black. Taecyeon’s last glimpse of Yoona was when Minho carried her in his arms, taking her to who knows where.

Silence dominated the headquarters.


suspense!

thanks for reading my fellow readers! ^^