Settle Down

Agent 143

Jaesuk lifted his head from the ground, his eyes settling on a car that was on standby near the burning headquarters. He was sure that it was Minsoo, appreciating the destruction he had done. With the remaining strength he had in him, Jaesuk stood up, stumbling his way to Minsoo. As if on cue, a firetruck, an ambulance and police cars arrived at the Espionage. Jaesuk took this chance to chase after Minsoo.

“Jaesuk-ssi!” an officer tried to stop him from going to the driver’s seat of the police car but he paid no attention to his restrain. “Where are you heading chief?”

“I’ll see you later,” Jaesuk said to the officer before starting the engine of the vehicle.

Gary, Haha and Sukjin approached the officers who were confused with Jaesuk’s actions. They knew what Jaesuk was up to. He was going to end Minsoo.

“Officers! We need to follow him!” Gary slid in the backseat of the police car, followed by the two older members. “He’s chasing the criminal, we better hurry.”

Jaesuk tightened his grip on the wheel, gritting his teeth when he was a few metres away from Minsoo’s car. A gun was located at the front compartment, he took it in his hand, firing a few bullets at the car. They were racing after each other at a deserted road near the Han River, luckily there weren’t any other cars around them or it would cause a long series of trouble. A man who was driving Minsoo’s car, fired back at Jaesuk.

“I’ll end it right now Minsoo,” Jaesuk muttered under his breath, stepping on it as the speed of his car accelerated immensely. Jaesuk didn’t pay attention to the speed, but the gap between his car and Minsoo’s was decreasing. Jaesuk was at the tail of Minsoo’s car, provoking it with a quick jerky contact at the back.

Minsoo looked back, commanding his accomplice to drive faster. “Step on it fool!”

“I’m afraid we’ve reached the maximum speed boss,” the man replied nervously, glancing at the rear view mirror.

“We’re stuck,” Minsoo cursed under his breath. “There’s another police car behind Jaesuk. Minho, you have to leave the car.”

Minho protested against his uncle’s request. “No I can’t do that uncle.”

“Minho!” Minsoo snapped in fury. “Follow your uncle, it’s not safe now so I won’t you to get out of my car,” he warned with much coldness in his voice. “Minho, leave.”

Minho blinked a few times, his breath quickening when he saw his uncle glaring at him, his eyes nailing him to the core. Minsoo flung the car door open for him, the wind blowing in their faces. Without hesitation, Minsoo pushed his nephew out of the car. Minho screamed in pain as his body rolled along the road, one side of his face scraped against the rough surface.

Jaesuk aimed for the tire, successing once Minsoo’s car lost its fast speed. Jaesuk collided with Minsoo’s car, he watched it tumble down patches of grass and down the flowing river. Jaesuk halted the car as he stepped on the brakes, the car screeching onto the side of the road. He panted gazing at Minsoo’s car, lying upside down on the river. The windows shattered, he noticed three people unconscious with a pool of blood surrounding them.

“Jaesuk!”

Gary ran up to him, holding his shoulder gently. “Are you okay?”

“Yes,” Jaesuk’s eyes remained on the car.

Haha and Sukjin pointed at the river’s direction. “Is that Minsoo’s car?”

Jaesuk kept silent, until he broke his gaze away from the scene.

“Get Minsoo’s body out of there,” he ordered.

 

Taecyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung, Chansung, Jihyo and Jongkook were delivered to the hospital with the aid of the paramedics. Everyone except for Chansung and Taecyeon were awake, since they weren’t as badly injured as the boys. Jongkook checked on Chansung before visiting Jihyo in her room.

“Are you okay?” Jongkook asked her softly, taking a seat at the chair located next to her bed.

Jihyo weakly sat upright. “Just a little,” she responded. “Where’s Jaesuk?”

“He’ll be here later. Kwangsoo and Haha are in charge of our agents who are being examined upstairs. Sukjin accompanied Jaesuk who wanted to check on Minsoo and, Gary is on his way here to visit you. He’s been worried sick,” Jongkook smirked.Jihyo placed a hand over her forehead.

“Oh yeah, what happened to Minsoo?”

“He’s dead.”

“Dead? How?”

“Jaesuk chased after him and…ended up in an accident.”

Jihyo sighed in relief. The war between them was over, and she was glad that Jaesuk decided to end it. There won’t be much conflicts in the future, as their main enemy has been cleared out. At last.

 

Yoona rose from the bed, her eyes squinting at the bright light illuminating from the ceiling. She looked to her right, Chansung was lying still on the bed beside hers. He was wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and had a few stitches on his left chest. Only the faint sound of the heartbeat indicator could be heard.

“Hey Yoong,” she turned to the voice and smiled. Sooyoung sat on the edge of her bed, placing her hand on Yoona’s. “How are you feeling?”

“Good,” Yoona replied vaguely. She was looking for someone else in the room. “Where’s Taecyeon?” her voice shook when she remembered what happened earlier.

Sooyoung told Yoona not to worry. “He’s next door.”

“I have to go to him.”

Yoona lifted her feet up, standing back on her toes as she made her way to Taecyeon’s room. Turning the doorknob as gently as she could, she tiptoed her way in. She let out a breath, seeing Taecyeon sleeping in peace. A bandage was wrapped around his head, that probably was caused by his fall. But other than that, he appeared fine. Yoona took a moment to observe him for long minutes. She ran her fingers through his hair slowly, then sliding her hand down the side of his face. Even though he was asleep, he managed to put a smile on her face.

“How are you Taec?” she started. “I was so worried, thank god we managed to get you to the hospital on time. Stop making me worry idiot!” Yoona pretended to be upset with him, preventing herself from hitting his shoulder.

 

She took a deep breath before proceeding. “Thank you Taecyeon,” she said smiling. “Without you, I don’t know what I can do back there. I don’t even know if I’m dead or alive if you didn’t show up. I want to thank you for that…” a tear escaped from her eye. “Since both of us are alive, I owe my life to you Taec. I promise you that, and I love you,” she confessed in a whisper.

Oblivious to Yoona, Taecyeon was only pretending to be asleep because he had been listening to her this whole time. His heart was fluttering when he heard her saying that she loved him. Not wanting to act any further, he reached out to grab her hand that was resting on his shoulder. Yoona shrieked in her mind, staying still in her position.

“Did I hear right?” Taecyeon opened one eye, peeking at Yoona. “Im Yoona loves me?”

Yoona had a smile lingering on her face, a little embarrassed when she heard him. “Idiot!” she punched his arm, giggling when he groaned out loud.

“Hey! I’m a sick patient here,” Taecyeon hissed, rubbing his arm gently.

“Serves you right for acting,” she rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at him. “You’re such a kid.”

“Yeah but you love this kid apparently,” he smirked.

“Oh whatever,” she stood up, about to walk away until two pairs of arms encircled her waist. Taecyeon embraced her into his broad chest. Yoona blushed immediately, trying to pull away from his hold.

“Look at you, trying to escape from your lover,” he mumbled in her ear, teasing. “Now, where were we? Ah right, your promise,” he snickered. “Well, I’m no man with big words but I can tell you Yoona, that I love you too,” the words vibrated onto her neck which made Yoona’s fingers and toes curl. She turned her head around to face him, both of them lost in each other’s gaze. Taecyeon took the initiative to start the first move by leaning forward, his eyes fluttering shut. Yoona sat still and smiled when she felt his lips on hers. Running her fingers through his hair, they deepened the kiss until the door flew open.

“Yoona!” Sooyoung gasped when she found the two of them having a moment. Her cheeks reddened, turning around in embarrassment. “Oops! I’m sorry…didn’t know I came in a wrong timing,’ she chuckled.

Taecyeon groaned when Yoona pulled away from his embrace. “Way to go Sooyoung,” he scoffed.

“Quiet, you!” Yoona slapped his arm lightly again. “Sorry Soo, we were…um,” she stuttered.

Sooyoung grinned, shaking her head. “No need to explain Yoona, I understand.”

“What’s the matter?”

“Nothing too serious. The nurse was looking for you to do some check-ups and I believe Taecyeon will have one too. Lucky, I came in and not her.”

“Oh…” Yoona nodded her head. “In that case, I shall leave now,” she walked towards Sooyoung but Taecyeon held her arm back.

“Okay come into my room after you’re done,” he smirked. “Someone just had to disturb,” Taecyeon mentioned on Sooyoung with his eyes staring in accusement.

Yoona sighed, “Alright, relax will you?”

“You two planning on some one on one action in this room?” Sooyoung pointed at them in amusement.

“No!” Yoona exclaimed, blushing.

“That is preferable,” Taecyeon joined along with Sooyoung who was laughing.

“Gosh, get both of your heads out of the gutter.”

Taecyeon and Sooyoung high-fived, watching Yoona leave the room with haste footsteps.

 

Minho had his head hung low, not able to look up to the person sitting across him. The light that illuminated form the ceiling casted a dark shadow of his head on the table. There were four people in the interrogation room, Minho, Jaesuk, Yoona and a security guard standing by the door. Long silences fell upon the three, Jaesuk decided to speak up.

“Do you have anything to say Minho?”

“No.”

“So you know what are the mistakes you have comitted.”

“Yes,” Minho’s answer was indifferent and flat.

“Did you or did you not force my agents to your plans?”

“I made an ally with some of them.”

“And did that affect the rest of the agents who turned into traitors?”

“The last minute traitors were scared because of us. My ally only consisted of a few aces.”

“So you forced them?”

Minho let out a sigh. “I was friends with some of them before joining the Espionage. By then, I chose who I trusted and who kept their words but I only let a few in, obviously.”

“Alright,” Jaesuk leaned back against the chair. “Your ally shall spend time behind bars then. The rest of the traitors will be under my control. What a dirty trick you did for your uncle.”

“Listen here!” Minho snapped, his eyes shooting at Jaesuk’s. “I will make you pay for my uncle. Once I get out of here, you hear me?” he scowled.

Jaesuk kept a placid expression. “We’ll see,” was all he replied.

Yoona stood beside Minho, crossig her arms against her chest. “I still deserve further explanation on my mom, Minho.”

“Didn’t I already tell you?” Minho said, his head hurting. “She cheated on your father, that’s basically it. Why even give a on your mother who is already dead?”

Minho closed his eyes, his cheek turning into a shade of red when Yoona gave him a hard slap on the side of his face. Yoona’s chest rise and fall, as Minho got on her nerves quick.

“Whatever my mom did, she’s still my mother so you have no rights to talk about her like that,” her words harsh and bitter. “I’m done with him.”

Yoona turned the doorknob, pushing the door wide open, leaving the room immediately. Jaesuk mumbled something to the guard before he followed Yoona outside.

 

“Wow,” Taecyeon whistled, impressed with the house Yoona bought for her father. “So this is your own house huh?”

“Yeah I know, I’ve been pampering my dad ever since I received a job in the headquarters.”

“Well it looks cozy, I’ll give you that,” he flashed a toothy grin at her.

“Come on let’s go inside.”

Yoona linked her arm around Taecyeon’s, bringing him in the house. They took off their shoes by the door, heading to the living room where they found a man reading a newspaper. Yoona skipped to the man with a wide smile, embracing him lovingly. It wasn’t long for Taecyeon to realize the man was her father.

“Dad, this is Taecyeon,” Yoona motioned for Taecyeon to greet Mr Im.

Mr Im extended his hand for Taecyeon to shake. “Hello son.”

Taecyeon shook his hand eagerly. “Nice meeting you Mr Im,” he greeted and bowed at the same time.

“So, are you two together?” Mr Im switched to Taecyeon then to Yoona.

“Yes sir,” Taecyeon nodded. “Your daughter is very beautiful and lovely. You’re very lucky to have raised her. I bet she had the genes from you.”

Mr Im chuckled. “Well look what we have here Yoona, you found the right man.”

Yoona blushed, glancing at Taecyeon who was holding back his grin. “Maybe,” she smiled.

Taecyeon joined Yoona and Mr Im for dinner, pleased to see Mr Im being generous to him. Chatted and laughed during their meal time, Mr Im decided to give the kids some privacy as he went to his room upstairs. Taecyeon and Yoona walked hand in hand towards the spacious balcony that had a breathtaking view of the ocean.

“You really did pick a right location,” he stared in awe at the moon and the soft crashing of waves by the shore. “It’s beautiful out here!”

Yoona crossed her arms proudly. “Of course, I wanted my dad to enjoy the beauty of nature.”

A short silence followed when Taecyeon turned to Yoona. “How did it go?”

“What?” 

“With Minho.”

She sighed, facing the ocean again. “Not good.”

“Did he hurt you?”

“No I’m fine Taec. Just had a little drama going on with him.”

“Is it because of your mom?”

Yoona glanced at him in surprise. “How did you know?”

Taecyeon gave an apologetic look. “I’m sorry, I asked chief about it. I wanted to know if you were alright,” he continued. “So is it true about what Minho said?”

“I don’t know anymore Taec,” she pursed her lips. “I just really don’t know what to expect either. I can’t jump into conclusions like that. Minho might be lying.”

“Okay, whatever ever happens Yoong, I’m here.”

Yoona smiled as she noticed Taecyeon being all charming next to her. “Are we having a moment?” she teased.

Taecyeon laughed and raised his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. “What do you think?” he bent down to her ear, whispering.

“I guess so.”

Yoona caught him off guard when she did the first move by surprising him with a kiss. In no time, they were sinking into oblivion, and that was the only thing that mattered to them.


hello there my lovely readers! :) 

okay so before I travel to another country, I decided to leave you guys with this update ^^ 

and then next weekend, I'll post the final chapter of this fic! 

boohoo it's gonna end ;__; but okay I have a new fic coming up :P 

thanks for reading!