The Espionage

Agent 143

There were agents running about at different floors, all of them were in sleek black suits, their designated uniform. Jaesuk toured Taecyeon around, explaining things around him.

“Welcome to the Espionage, the home for the agents and the birthplace of our top spies.”

“Wow, never knew you had a building this big.”

“Come, I’ll show you the first floor,” Jaesuk strided along the escalator, with Taecyeon rushing behind him. “The first floor is the agents’ playground. It’s where the cafeteria, club and resting area are located at.” They moved to the second floor next.

“This is the spy arena, it’s where the agents fight against each other, declaring our top spies of all times.” Taecyeon noticed how high the ceiling is and gadgets, obstacles neatly arranged and a large space for attacking.

“Looks more like a bloodbath arena to me,” Taecyeon creased his brows.

“Not really. We ensure our agents are safe during the fight, no cuts and sprains.”

The next few floors, Jaesuk showed more rooms and gave explanations about the agents. In the Espionage, the agents were assigned to a certain level and color based on their ranking. The Rookies were located at the third floor which was the green zone, the newbies or the beginners. The Aces were located at the fourth floor which was the blue zone, the transitions or the intermediates. The Professionals, or Pros, were located at the fifth floor which was the red zone, the masters or the experts.

“What’s your rank chief?”

“I’m located at the top floor, the white zone. It’s where the legendary Running Spies are at.”

“Running Spies?” he looked at him oddly, “What’s that?”

“It’s a team, the earliest spies in your generation. They’re currently busy with their families but they come back for special occasions. I’m the leader and I stayed because I like teaching the agents, also being a spy. I'm well-known as the Yoomes Bond in the building,” Jaesuk said with a grin.

Taecyeon nodded. “Cool.”

“Are you ready to meet your new team mates?”

“Team mates?”

“Yes, you’ll be working with the professionals. Don’t worry, there’s only three agents in that zone.”

Both of them entered the lift and pressed the button five. Jaesuk placed his hand on the scanner, allowing the doors to open. Taecyeon anxiously followed behind him before the doors could close. The room was in obsolete silence, that a person even breathing could be heard. Taecyeon glanced at a messy computer desks with loads of blueprints and cameras. One corner had a wardrobe with different types of clothes and costumes, a mirror table filled with sketches and paper. A small living room was by the wide glass windows. Voices muffled in the room when someone arrived.

“Agents! Was the mission successful?” Jaesuk greeted two tall agents who wore suits with red belts around their waists.

“Yes chief! We nailed it!” the girl clasped her hands, grinning from ear to ear. “Oh? Who’s that chief?” she pointed at Taecyeon who stood awkwardly on his spot.

“Agents 210 and 211, please welcome your new team mate, Ok Taecyeon,” Jaesuk introduced them vice versa. “Oh right my apologies, I should’ve said their names. Agents please introduce yourselves.”

The tall enthusiastic girl approached Taecyeon, sticking her hand out. “I’m Choi Sooyoung, agent 210. Nice to meet you!”

Taecyeon smiled, shaking her hand, “Nice to meet you. I’m Taecyeon.”

The other agent bowed to him. “I’m Hwang Chansung, agent 211. Welcome to the Espionage.”

“Nice to meet you too.”

Jaesuk rubbed his hands in excitement. “Where’s agent 530?”

“She’s coming chief,” Sooyoung said.

Everyone turned to the door where a figure was standing at. Taecyeon could’t see since Jaesuk and Sooyoung was in his way. The young woman marched forward, with the sound of her heels clicking onto the floor. Taecyeon’s eyes oggled at her presence. To him, she portrayed a goddess, with her brown locks flowing down her shoulders, her hazelnut brown doe eyes and her oh so, ‘S’ line figure. He felt his knees wobble just by staring at her.

“Chief,” she bowed. “Mission accomplished.”

Jaesuk grinned and introduced Taecyeon. “Good work agent 530. I would like you to welcome your newest team mate, Ok Taecyeon.”

Her eyes diverted to the man behind Jaesuk, slightly confused. “What’s this about?”

Jaesuk leaned in and whispered, “A recruited police, just like I did to you. So please welcome him.” She stiffened at Jaesuk’s words as she turned to Taecyeon who was staring at her.

“Im Yoona, agent 530,” Yoona bowed her head slightly, her eyes piercing through his.

Taecyeon felt stunned at her fierce gaze. She was definitely beautiful and the type of girl he would go after. “I’m Taecyeon but you can call me Taec,” he offered her a handshake with a wink.

Yoona rolled her eyes, walking away from him as he awkwardly pulled his hand back. Taecyeon frowned, when she locked herself in a room. Chansung and Sooyoung giggled before returning to their corners, resuming their work.

“Taecyeon, that empty corner will be yours so you can place your stuff there. Come with me to give you your uniform.” Taecyeon nodded, following Jaesuk’s lead again.

“Is she always like that?” Jaesuk looked back at Taecyeon who was grinning. “Who?”

“Yoona,” he scoffed, “She’s kind of strict.”

“She’s usually like that so, bear with her Taecyeon. Try to give her some time and she’ll be nice to you,” Jaesuk motioned for him to go inside a locker room. “This is the locker room for the professionals. As you can see there’s only four of you so there are only four glass closets. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve prepared yours in the last minute.” Taecyeon walked over to his transparent glass closet, where his uniform and gadgets were displayed. Pulling back the handle gently, he ran his fingers over his white agent tag that was embroidered on the right chest. He stared at his codename, 1227. Now he understood the meaning behind the codenames, it was their birthdays.

“So I’m Agent 1227 huh? Awesome,” Taecyeon agreed with his codename. Jaesuk just laughed.

“I guess I’ll leave you from here. You have to wear your uniform at all times, when you’re in the building. Once you’re outside, that suit must not be worn. Understood?” Jaesuk said sternly while focusing at Taecyeon.

“Yes chief…”

Jaesuk playfully hit his shoulder. “Just kidding with you Taec! Don’t treat me too seriously, I’m an easy-going person unlike agent 530,” he winked. Taecyeon laughed, high-fiving with Jaesuk. 

 

“It’s glad to have a new agent on the team, don’t you think so Channie?” Sooyoung made herself comfortable on the blue rug, switching the television on. Chansung joined her shortly, sitting on the sofa. “I guess so.” Sooyoung turned back, giving him a cheeky smile. Yoona closed the door behind her and noticed Chansung and Sooyoung watching the news. She scanned the room, wondering where Taecyeon was.

“Where’s the recruit?”

“Chief may have taken him to our locker,” Sooyoung replied while focusing on the screen.

“Why must he take in another agent when the three of us are doing fine,” Yoona crossed her arms, sighing.

“Maybe chief wanted you to have a partner, you know, like Channie and I.”

Chansung stifled a chuckle. Yoona shook her head, bewildered at the idea. “I don’t think so.”

“Well whatever chief’s reason is, I’m happy about having another team mate.”

“I don’t really like a newbie messing up the Spyro.”

Sooyoung sat up and giggled at Yoona. “You always worry Yoona, ease up a little! Besides, we’ll teach him how to be like us. It’s been so long since we have a new agent on our team.”

“Almost four years,” Chansung pointed out, as he was the last member to join the team.

“Exactly! We need some changes from time to time Yoong!”

Yoona pursed her lips, knowing Sooyoung had a point. She never liked changes at all but she didn’t regret having Sooyoung and Chansung in her team. During missions, they worked out so perfectly, a good 99.9% percent of the missions were successful. Their team, Spyro, was considered invincible by many agents in the Espionage. They were Jaesuk’s top and favourite spies of all times.

“Fine, I think we can allow one more agent in our team,” Yoona turned to Chansung and Sooyoung who were smiling, happy with her decision. “I hope this turns out well…” she whispered.

 

Taecyeon changed into his uniform, checking himself out in the mirror. “Man Taec, you’re still looking as fine as ever!” he said while flexing his biceps. He stepped out of the locker room and heard voices from the first floor. “It must be lunch time.” Heading over to the lift he pressed the first button. Agents were everywhere, walking around, talking and laughing. Taecyeon confidently made his way to the cafeteria, brushing his hand through his hair while staring at some girls. The ladies giggled, whispering to themselves about him. He heard some of them mumbling words such as ‘who’s that’, ‘he’s a pro’ and ‘is he new’. He caught sight of Chansung sitting at one on the tables.

“Hey there bro,” Taecyeon punched Chansung’s shoulder lightly, making him jerk a little. “Oops, sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. What’s your name again?”

Chansung coughed, wiping the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand. “I’m Chansung. You’re Taecyeon right?”

“The one and only,” Taecyeon grinned. “But you can call me Taec though.” Chansung nodded as he continued drinking his mushroom soup.

“Taecyeon!” he shot his head up and saw Sooyoung running towards them while holding onto her tray. “Feel free to sit with us from now on.”

“You’re Sooyoung right?”

“Yes!”

“So I guess we can all be bffs now?” he joked.

“Oh, of course! Channie and I are the fun ones,” Sooyoung smiled, sitting across Chansung.

As if on cue, Taecyeon watched Yoona walk in the cafeteria. “Damn, goddess aphrodite on the runway,” he whistled.  She had the same placid expression on earlier. He thought if she ever smiled and he would do anything to see her smile. “So is Yoona born with a poker face or something. She gives off that grumpy girl vibes,” he smirked. Chansung and Sooyoung laughed for a moment, clearing their throats with a drink afterwards.

“You have a classic sense of humor Taec, Yoona will skin you alive if she hears that,” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out.

Taecyeon smirked naughtily when Yoona was coming to their table. “Then let her. It’d be an honor for her to do so.” The other two looked away, hiding their smiles when Yoona appeared.

“Hello there beautiful,” Taecyeon teased, “Oh I’m sorry it’s Yoona right?”

Yoona glanced at him, creasing her brows. “Excuse me?”

“I was asking if you’re Yoona.”

“Yeah,” she replied bluntly. “Hey Soo,” Yoona switched her attention to Sooyoung as she sat next to her, ignoring Taecyeon for a second.

“Oh so, we’re playing the ‘ignore’ game now?” Taecyeon rose an eyebrow at Yoona.

Yoona clicked her tongue. “I’m sorry but you don’t amuse me Mr Ok.”

“Hey babe, I have a name. It’s Taecyeon so don’t step on formalities.”

“Well I don’t please anyone.”

“So I guess I didn't please you enough?”

“Look if you're looking for a girl whom you can easily stick your into, you're talking to the wrong person.”

“Hm, fiery. I like it,” Taecyeon scoffed. “So how can I ever impress you Ms Im?” he challenged.

“Accomplishing your first mission with us,” she said with a straight face.

Taecyeon mocked, “Alright. If our first mission together is successful you better call me Taecyeon or if you’d like, a date with me.”

“No dates, just dropping formalities. If you don’t succeed, you won’t be talking to me ever, okay?”

“Better get your hopes down Ms Im,” he winked. Yoona looked away, biting her lip when she felt her heart skip a beat. “I’m gonna rest for a while, see you later guys.”

Chansung and Sooyoung lifted their hands, high-fiving with Taecyeon. “You know that’s the first time a guy has ever been bold to Yoona.”

“It’s called Taecyeon’s charms Sooyoung. It’s gonna be an easy win. Wait…you guys better help me on this.”

Chansung nodded, “We’ll help you win Taec, just stick with us.”

 


Hey guys! I barely started the story and already had 2 upvotes thank you very much guys! :D 

Since I already have 4 chapters up and ready to go, I'll update the other two tomorrow for a head start ^^

and then back to weekly updates :) please give some feedback to see how the story is going~