Settling In

Agent 143

Taecyeon sat on the table with Chansung, grinning from ear to ear as he thought about his short conversation with Yoona. He was pretty satisfied with how they were going to be closer from then on.

“You okay Taec? You seem happy,” Chansung said, taking a bite from his sandwich.

“Oh come on, I accomplished our first mission, and then it comes together with a bonus when Yoona finally agreed to call me by my name. Sooner or later we’ll be like Mr. and Mrs. Smith,” Taecyeon smirked.

Chansung coughed a little. “You must be kidding, Yoona doesn’t date anyone for quite some time, or should I say, be interested in guys.”

“Give me a little more time, I’ll sweep her off her feet Chansung,” Taecyeon boasted with much determination. “Speaking of sweeping off her feet, here she comes now.” Yoona and Sooyoung were carrying their trays and placed them on the table, sitting across the guys.

“Hey Soo, hey Yoona,” Taecyeon greeted them, winking at Yoona.

“Hey Taecyeon,” Yoona nonchalantly replied. Taecyeon nudged on Chansung’s shoulder pointing out that Yoona greeted him back. Chansung looked at him in amusement. Seeing Taecyeon liking Yoona sure was funny and entertaining. Their lunch time ended, Sooyoung decided to introduce Taecyeon to the Aces which he didn’t mind at all. They headed to the blue zone where the Aces were at.

“Taecyeon, the Aces are our other friends in the Espionage. And this is  Seulong, Tiffany, Sunny and Siwon,” Sooyoung gestured at two young beautiful ladies and two tall and handsome gentlemen.

Seulong stuck out his hand with a smile. “So is this the new guy? I heard you accomplished your very first mission bro, congrats!”

Taecyeon shook his hand firmly. “Thanks dude, it was pretty easy.”

“Accomplishing the first mission? Wow not bad for a newbie,” Tiffany smiled.

“You don’t have a bad eye-smile yourself.”

Tiffany chuckled. “Oh I like you already! Welcome to the Espionage Taec.”

Siwon approached him next. “Police officer?”

“Yeah, you?”

“Kind of. I worked as a police for only a while until I came here.”

“I see.”

Sunny crossed her arms. “Another tall human being?” she said smiling playfully.

“You’re not alone Sunny,” Taecyeon glanced at the guy beside Sunny. “Hey I’m Sungmin, nice to meet you…Taecyeon right?”

Taecyeon nodded. “That’s right.”

“What’s going on here?!” A guy who had his arm around a girl yelled as they walked in. “Hey! It’s that newbie!”

“Agent 143 alert,” Seulong mumbled. Taecyeon rose an eyebrow at him. “What?”

Seulong leaned to Taecyeon’s ear and whispered, “It’s our code for coupled agents. It’s sort of a private joke. You see, spies aren’t supposed to be in a relationship because oof some certain reasons the chief implied. So the spies began dating one another instead, for example those two love birds.”

“So we can’t date people?”

“Initially you can’t but chief doesn’t mind now unless you go around blabbering about your secret identity.”

“Creative codes you guys come up with,” Taecyeon snickered. “Do they know about it?”

Seulong shrugged, “Too in love to care.”  

The couple greeted Taecyeon eagerly. “I’m Junho and this is Hyoyeon, my girl. Nice job on your first mission Taecyeon and welcome to the team!”

“Thanks bro, I think we should hang out more often yeah?”

“Will do Taec, so tell us more about yourself man.” All of them crowded in  a corner and went off talking.  

“I notice there are more Aces than us,” Taecyeon whispered to Sooyoung.

“Chief is in charge of our ranking so I don’t know about that either.” Taecyeon spent some time with the Aces, getting to know them better. They laughed and chatted when Taecyeon shared his past stories when he was still a police. Taecyeon stared at his watch and remembered something. “It’s Friday today right?”

“Yes why?”

“Oh shoot! I have a date tonight!” he groaned.

Sooyoung looked at him in shock. “You have a date?”

“Yeah Soo and I think I gotta go.”

Seulong and Siwon creased their brows. “What’s the matter Taec?”

“Sorry guys I have to leave. I have company tonight.”

“Oh well see you around man. We need to hang out.”

“Will do, bye guys!” Taecyeon and Sooyoung bid their quick farewells to the Aces. The two of them went back their respective zone which they find Yoona and Chansung watching tv.

“How’d it go Taec?” Chansung asked.

“They were nice, fun actually.”

“What’s the rush?” Taecyeon stopped when he heard Yoona’s voice. “What?”

“Why are you hopping around? Off to somewhere?” she said with her brow raising.

Taecyeon bit his lip nervously. “I uhh have a date with someone tonight that’s why I’m rushing.”

“Date?” Yoona gasped in her head when she found a hint of jealousy in her tone.

Taecyeon smiled when she looked flustered. “I don’t have a girlfriend…just seeing someone.”

The room fell silent. Chansung and Sooyoung glanced at each other awkwardly when Yoona was unusually quiet, drowned into what she was thinking. Taecyeon cleared his throat and went to his locker. He changed from his uniform to his casual clothes, leaving the headquarters after. He drove to a house and waited patiently in his car.

“Oppa!” a girl’s voice gave him a head’s up. “You waited long?”

“No I just came,” he smiled, opening the door for her. He got in the car shortly and drove to the nearest restaurant. As they waited for their order, Taecyeon began a conversation.

“Sorry Jessica if I wasn’t hanging out with you often. I’m busy chasing down guys along the streets,” he chuckled slightly.

Jessica shook her head, “It’s fine oppa you’re here now.”

“So how are you?”

The whole evening, Taecyeon felt something missing. He didn’t know what was bothering him but there sure was this emptiness inside him. Then Yoona popped in his mind. He recalled the scene that happened in the zone earlier. He wondered about that bothered look she had when he told her he was going on a date. Then it struck him. Did he sense jealousy from her?

“No Taec, no,” he mumbled to himself.

“Are you okay oppa?” Jessica held his hand out of concern.

“Huh? Yeah I’m fine,” he forced a smile. He thought about it again which made him smile cheekily.

 

A few tables away, Chansung and Sooyoung were sneaking onto Taecyeon.

“She’s pretty though,” Chansung commented while Sooyoung gave him a confusing look.

“So far so good. No kissing or hugging,” Sooyoung nodded satisfactorily.

“Didn’t he say she’s not his girlfriend?”

“You might never know Channie!” Sooyoung covered her face with the menu, preventing Taecyeon to notice her. “I hope they won’t be together in the future. Taecyeon is our only chance for Yoong!”

He pouted. “I  know Soo.”

“Chansung ah, this is our mission.”

“What?”

Sooyoung smiled as she came up with an idea. “Our mission is to get Taecyeon and Yoona closer by spending more time together.”

“How can we be so sure if he’s not going to ask that girl to be his girlfriend?”

Scoffing, she wagged her finger at him. “Trust me Taec has feelings for Yoona already. Not hard to notice.”

“Hm true. So how will we carry out our mission?”

“We’ll wait for our second mission and then we’ll have our own dates! Me and you, Taecyeon and Yoona.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Chansung grinned.

 

The next morning, Taecyeon walked lazily in the red zone letting out a yawn. “Morning guys!” he beamed as he sat next to Chansung on the sofa. “Any missions in the queue?”

“None. Chief isn’t in yet,” Chansung replied, his eyes turning to Taecyeon. “How’s the date?”

Chansung’s question made Yoona drop her spoon in the bowl of cereal she was eating. Sooyoung noticed her flinch and grinned while flipping through a magazine. Chansung also turned around to look at Yoona  to see her reaction. He furthered his curiosity. 

Taecyeon took the remote from the coffee table to switch the channel. “Just the usual dinner date that everyone does.”

“Is she your girlfriend now?”

“No,” Sooyoung swore she heard Yoona sigh in relief. “She’s one of my close friends.”

“Crush?”

Taecyeon smirked, “Kind of.”

Just then, Jaesuk called them in. Sooyoung gave a thumbs up to Chansung for what he did. “Let’s keep this up Channie,” she whispered. Chansung gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Taecyeon rose an eyebrow when Yoona nudged his arm as she walked past him swiftly, ignoring him in the process. Jaesuk stood up and faced the white screen.

“Agents, I have a new mission for you.”


sorry if it was a short chapter ;P though the next one's gonna be a pretty long hehe!

I'll update asap! thanks for reading guys! ^^ 

here's a sneak peek to the next mission:

"Yoona, you have to be part of the act!" Sooyoung urged her. 

"Don't be such a party pooper Yoong, let's rejoice the high school moments where there were all those dramas and ," Taecyeon teased as he rolled his eyes. 

Chansung held out the uniform in front of Yoona. "Give us a chance Yoona. Please?" Yoona glanced at the six pairs of eyes that were begging for her to agree. She groaned when they cheered in success as she clutched onto the blouse and skirt that Chansung held on. 

"Gosh of all types of teachers,  it must be the one teaching in high school!" she grumbled.