Escape Plan

Agent 143

Chansung was freed at last, once the three agents came to the rescue. All they had to do was to get the rest of the agents out of the headquarters. They knew it wasn’t safe to be in the building for now, for who knew what the intruders did to the area. Main goal was to head to the arena, and bring the agents to safety. Lives could be at risk if they didn’t act fast enough, so they picked up their paces, running hastily down the staircase. But Taecyeon had something else in his mind which he couldn’t get rid of. Yoona’s safety. Her safety was his priority but he knew Minho was guarding her, and he couldn’t access to her room without completing the tasks Minho assigned. Time was part of his opponent and he wished it would stop for a while.

“There’s several men guarding the doors. What do we do?” Sooyoung asked from the side who kept an eye on the entrance towards the arena.

Jihyo pulled out a couple of tear gas marbles to buy them some time to fight off with anyone else in the arena. She rolled the marbles onto the floor, then leaning back against the wall to keep them hidden. The three younger ones held their breath when footsteps approached closer. Luckily the gas emitted from the marbles, sighing in relief when the intruders had their eyes stung, blurring their vision.

“Let’s go,” Jihyo muttered under her breath as she skipped her way to the entrance. Taecyeon followed closely behind her, Sooyoung grasped Chansung’s hand tightly pulling her with him.

Indeed. The arena was packed with agent traitors and intruders. All eyes divert to the four who bursted through the double doors. Nobody dared to move, especially the agents who were tied up helplessly with their mouths plastered with tape. Jihyo turned her head, gesturing a nod at Taecyeon.

Chaos started.

Taecyeon reached out for the nearest intruder, yanking his arm to him and pinning his arms behind his back only to give him a hard hit on the neck with his elbow. A body fell, Taecyeon snatched the gun away from his pocket, pointing it towards the others who were on guard. A rookie whom he recognized threw a knife in his way, squatting in a split second. Taecyeon didn’t shoot him, instead he knocked him down enough to lose consciousness. It took Taecyeon to realize the rookie was a traitor. He wondered how many traitors did Minho lure in. Nevertheless, it was pathetic and reckless of them. To give up their loyalty as an agent of the Espionage. How could they? But there weren’t as much traitors compared to the intruders. Minho had an army, formed by his uncle Minsoo. That wasn’t such a shock.

“Don’t shoot the traitors,” Taecyeon commanded Sooyoung and Chansung who had their hands wrapped around their guns. “Just Minho’s people,” Taecyeon said, before turning back to shoot at some men approaching him. Chansung gave Taecyeon a helping hand, joining in the shooting spree.

Jihyo was doing fine on her own. She went through experiences no agent had, resulting to her easiness on handling the situation well. With the trainings and missions she had been through along with the running spies, she knew what she was doing.

Number of intruders were decreasing, Chansung told Sooyoung to check on the agents.

Sooyoung bent down on one knee, untying the ropes with quick fingers. The ones tied up had their eyes closed, wondering if they were fine. Patting Seulong’s cheek, she tried waking him up. “Seulong! Seulong! Wake up!” her tone shook, fingers trembling with anxiety when there was no response from him. It wasn’t only Seulong who was tied up alone, but Tiffany, Sunny and Siwon were beside him forming a circle. To make things worse, there was a time bomb located in the middle, right behind their wrists that were tied up. And they weren’t the only group because there several groups in a circle tied up and they were the aces and rookies. All were unconscious.

“Alright! We’re done with the damn enemies. Sooyoung how’s it going?” Taecyeon and Chansung rushed to her side.

Sooyoung shook her head, pointing at the time bomb in the middle of the group. “There are time bombs located in the middle. We have to diffuse it as soon as possible because I notice there only minutes left on the clock.

“Jihyo-ssi!” Taecyeon stood up when Jihyo ran to their spot right after shooting the last intruder. “How do we diffuse a bomb?”

Jihyo distributed three knives each, which she stole from the pockets of some of the spies she shot. “There are three wires connected, don’t ever touch the green wire or it will blow up. Unplug the blue wire and cut the red one. That’ll do.”

Bending down near the timer, they did what they were told, cutting each blue wire as the clock shuts down. They made sure to diffuse the bombs before untying anyone, for everyone’s safety. After getting them diffused, they untied the ropes from the agents.

“They’re not waking up,” Chansung reminded Sooyoung who was near him.

“Neither this group…”

Taecyeon noticed Jihyo running up to an exit. “Jihyo-ssi! What are you doing?”

Jihyo paid no attention to Taecyeon as she brought up her elbow, breaking the fire alarm button abruptly. Sprinkles of water that shot from above woke the agents up in a short while. Chansung and Sooyoung ordered everyone to leave the building in a hurry.

“Chansung, please bring them to the river where it’s safe but be careful since there are a few spies guarding outside. Sooyoung, assist him. I need to go back to Yoona,” Taecyeon rubbed his temples, feeling a slight headache.

Jihyo touched Taecyeon’s shoulder. “I’ll go with you. I need to go to Jaesuk.”

Taecyeon nodded, the four separating to different directions.

 

Jongkook kept his figure low and still, taking a peek at the direction where the headquarters was located at. Gary was right behind him, on a lookout for enemies.

“See anything?” Gary whispered.

Jongkook shook his head but froze when he caught a few people outside the headquarters. A small commotion was going on and he creased his brows in confusion.

“Gary! Jongkook!” both of them turned around to see who were calling them. They grinned when they realized Kwangsoo, Haha and Sukjin escaped from Minsoo’s guards.

“How did you guys escape?” Jongkook pointed at Kwangsoo, tilting his head to the side.

“I escaped when I met Haha on the way. We rescued Kwangsoo shortly and decided to head here. We need to save Jaesuk,” Sukjin explained, checking out the scene happening outside the headquarters. “What’s going on there?”

“Jongkook! We have to help! It’s our agents, they’re in trouble!” Gary pulled the trigger of his gun, rushing over to the scene with the rest tagging behind him. 

 

Jihyo handed Taecyeon a walkie talkie in order to contact him if ever something happened. They walked up the stairs briskly, not wasting any second.

“Tell me if something happens,” Jihyo said before she headed to the another level.

Taecyeon nodded, “You too Jihyo-ssi.”

Walking wasn’t an option at this point. Taecyeon was sprinting along the hallways, his loud footsteps echoing but he couldn’t care less. The only thing on his mind was Yoona’s safety and diffusing the bomb was what mattered. Bursting through the doors, he thanked god in his mind when Yoona was alone in the room and the bomb still ticking away.

“Taecyeon!” she called out.

“Yoona!” he ran to her, holding her face with both of his hands. Crushing his lips onto hers for a moment, both missed each other dearly. “Thank god you’re still alive,” he mumbled.

He pulled away, placing his forehead on hers. They looked into each other’s eyes then Taecyeon crouched down beside her, facing the bomb in frustration.

“No Taecyeon!” she exclaimed when he went to untie her hands. “You can’t untie me yet or the bomb will go,” she mentioned the wire that was attached to her wrists.

“What am I supposed to do?”

“Unplug the blue wire and cut the orange one.”

A minute exactly on the dot, his fingers worked its way through the wires but this time, it was a little dangerous because one careless touch of the black wire would lead to an ugly explosion. As careful as he could be, he slid two of his fingers over the blue wire, unplugging it gently. Beads of sweat trickled down his cheeks, wiping it quickly with the back of his hand.

“Hurry Taec,” he heard Yoona say.

Taecyeon glanced at the clock, a quick twenty seconds left and his heart was beating rapidly. It was difficult to even touch the orange wire because it was dangerously close to the black one. His fingers were shaking and he calmed himself down, his eyes switching to the clock and the wire. Twenty seconds left as his hand made its way over the orange wire.

“Shoot!” Taecyeon dropped the knife on the floor, hurriedly grabbing it back with his hand when the ten second mark reached. Yoona held her breath with her eyes shut, the bomb was nearing and the wire was still alive.

 

Three.

 

Two.

 

One.

 


cliffhanger alert :P 

I'm sick lately but I still managed to update a chapter ^^ and I know it's short but it is decided that way~ 

thanks for reading!