Episode 7

We Got Married & Hello Baby Special Episodes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You check your phone. No message from Baekhyun. You buried your face in the pillow and groaned. Baekhyun is coming back to Korea today after a concert at China. He promised that he will text you once he get here. The clock is ticking. 5 P.M it reads. You grab your hair in frustration and sit up. Today is "22" Day, and Baekhyun also promised that he'll be back so he can take you somewhere special. You stare at the clock in boredom. Tick tock tick tock. You throw your pillow at the clock. It fell on the floor, but didn't break, thanks to the carpet floor. Not having anything else to do, you got out of bed and lazily get dress and fix your messy hair. The girl in the mirror grimace in digust. 

What just happened to you?!

"I just got out of bed." 

At this time of the day? It's past noon already!

"So? Hey don't judge me, you look the exact same way as I am."

Whatever. Stop waiting for him and go clean up.

You rolled your eyes. You jabbed your finger in the mirror. 

"Well you're waiting for him too!" 

You walked away before she could say anything. You get dress and flop on the bed again. You check your phone. Still no message from Baekhyun. You sighed unhappily. Today is supposed to be a happy day, but Baekhyun just have to ruin everything. You reached out for your phone and dial Luhan's number. 

"Yeoboseyo?" You smiled. Luhan always pick up your phone call no matter what.

"Hi ge. Are you back from China yet?" 

"Mhm. We're back 1 hour ago." You frowned. 1 hour? And he didn't even tell me.

"Okay thanks ge. Sorry for bothering you." You pulls the phone away from your face, but did not hang up yet.

"No problem! Why do you sound so depressing?" 

"Nothing. It's just... Bye, I'll talk to you later." You click the 'end' button before he could ask more questions.

You glance at your phone once more before heading out to pick up the cake. I guess I'll just have to celebrate it alone then. At least it's better than not doing anything.

 

 

After devouring half of the chocolate cake and 3 bowls of black bean noodles, your stomach was about to explode. You gulped down the icy Coke and wipe your mouth. You had put all of your stuffed animals around the kitchen table and pretend that they were Baekhyun. "Cheerios!" You said to the "fake" Baekhyun. There was no response, but you ignored it. Beside, they were just stuffed animals, they can't respond back. You sat there and let the food digest for a while before cleaning up. You stuffed all of the bowls and cup in the garbage and put the cake back in the fridge. You glance at the clock. 11 P.M. You yawned and walk toward your room. You check your phone. 37 missed calls from Bacon Hubby ^^. ​You scrolled down a little bit. 51 messages from Bacon Hubby ^^. You smiled, knowing that he didn't really forget about today. You check the messages first.

     From: Bacon Hubby ^^

*most recent* ANSWER ME! WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OKAY? I'M SORRY ABOUT TODAY. ANSWER ME AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS!

 

You laughed. You love this side of Baekhyun. You've always seen his so loving and sometime cheesy around you and the kids, but seeing Baekhyun nervous is definitely hilarious. You didn't bother to read the rest, because it was all a spam of "ANSWER ME!" You scroll down to the first message he send you today. 

 

    From: Bacon Hubby ^^

   Hi yeobo! I'm so sorry I couldn't come today for our "22" day. Please forgive me. I promise I will make it up  later.

 

You shakes your head. But promises are made to be broken. You used to believe in promises, but now you don't anymore. It was all your dad's fault.

 

​6 years old Jinnie

The sound of laughter filled the room. You ran upstairs and hide in your dad's bedroom. "5-4-3-2-1-0! Where are you Jinnie? I will find you~ ~ ~" You cupped your mouth so you won't laugh out loud. You waited there for a long time, but he didn't come and find you. *Weird. He knows my hiding spot. I've been hiding here ever since we first started to play hide and seek.* You scratched your head and began to crawl out from under the bed. You ran downstair, trying to figure why he didn't come to find you. The first thing you saw was your dad on the phone and blushing. 

"Why didn't you-" One of the maid covered your mouth and dragged you toward the kitchen. Once you were in the kitchen, she let go of you and sighed. You look at her with confusion. "Jinnie-ah. Sorry that I drag you here, but as you can see, your dad is on the phone. It's not nice to interrupt him." You scrunched your nose. You don't like it when adults scold you. You tilted your head to the side.

"But daddy promised he would come find me. He knows I hate being alone." You whined. The maid puts a finger on . "Shhh! You shouldn't talk too loud." She said in a hushed voice. You pouted. The maid saw the look on your face and softened. She pull a chair out from the kitchen table.

"Sit down Jinnie-ah." You obeyed. The maid sat down next to you. "Do you know what's going on?" You shakes your head. The maid sighed. "Your dad is getting a new wife." She stated bluntly. You gawked at her like she was speaking some foreign language to you. 

"But-but-he promised that he won't get one." You can feel the tears starting to form. The maid sighed again and your hair. "I know Jinnie, but you have to understand-" You shakes your head furiously. You back away from her. "I always have to understand daddy. Daddy never understand me!" You yelled and ran toward the stair. You slammed your door closed and cried yourself to sleep. The next day your grandma from Korea came to pick you up. That was the last time you ever saw your dad again. It's been 15 years.

 

End of fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter