Chapter VIII

Scent of Cheese and Wine

CHAPTER VIII

AUTHOR’S POV

 

It was after school and Kai and Mia were roaming around the town. The stopped by Starbucks to buy drinks. Mia bought an Americano while Kai bought a strawberry black tea. They roamed the town and came to a park. They were now sitting on a bench on in the park.

 

“Hey, Kai.”  Mia paused as she looked at Kai.  

 

“Yeah, what's up Mimi?”  Kai asked looking back at her. She looked and met eyes with Kai before looking away.

 

“Why do men like to toy with a girls heart? Why do you do it?" Mia stared at the ground and took a sip of her Americano drink.

 

“Why? Well some do it for attention. Some for the pleasure.” Kai said looking up at the sky. It was sunny but cloudy at the same time. Overcast weather.

 

“Why do you play with girls hearts?” Mia asked looking back up with Kai, not breaking eye contact.

 

Kai blinked a bit registering the question. He looked like a lost kid. He let out a sigh as put his elbows on his lap propping his chin on his arms.

 

“Girls. They attacked me like crazy. When I was younger, I was getting mobbed by fans of mine. I had this one girl, she was my best friend. I had lost her because of my fans. They pushed her out of my life saying she shouldn't be selfish. So, it became a vicious cycle since then. I girls to make sure i’m not tied down. But as soon as she found out what I was doing, she hated my guts. She walked out of my life. And I guess now, I use girls to take away my suffering and pain.” Kai explained as tears rolled down his face. He buried his face inside his hands as the pain came flooding back.

 

“Jongin, I'm so sorry...” Mia stuttered as she felt tears b in her eyes. She hugged him tight as he silently sobbed.

 

“I want to stop the cycle... I don’t want to loose someone else...” Kai gripped tight on to Mia. Like she was going to disappear on him at any moment.

 

“I'm, never leaving you. I'll never leave you Kai. When the whole world is against you, I'll be there for you.” Mia reassured Kai.

 

Kai was just a broken boy trying to keep going on with life.

 

“Her name was Allison... she had blonde hair. Her almond/hazelnut eyes, like yours. her precious smile... her laughter. She was the best...” Kai explained. “She left me, for someone else. Then...then...she... vanished...” Kai choked on his words. The memories flooded back like a terrible tidal wave.

 

“I'm sure she was pretty, but she left you. She's not worth your time anymore.” Mia comforted Kai, trying to get his thoughts away from what his memory was reminding him of. He looked up with red eyes and Mia cupped his cheeks, using her thumb to wipe away the tears on his face. “I'm going to be here for you now. I'll be your best friend. So stop this cycle, I know you can.” Mia planted a kiss on his forehead. “Do it, do it for me.”

 

Kai looked so lost. A four year old boy lost trying to make it in the real world. He looked at Mia in the eyes, leaning in to her touch.

 

He nodded slowly and Mia gave the most radiant smile ever to him.

 

“Good, so let's enjoy the rest of the day bestie.” Mia smiled and Kai nodded as he stood up. He held out his hand and Mia grabbed it as he helped her up.

 

“I'll take your hand, and never let you go Mia.” Kai smiled shyly. Mia swore, it was the cutest smile ever.

 

“I'll never let you go either. You're my Long Jong.”  Mia smiled brightly. Kai just chuckled and pulled her along as they walked along the park, enjoying each others company.

 

“Allison, that is actually a really pretty name.” Mia said and Kai nodded with a smile.

 

“Probably, the prettiest girl i’ve ever met.” Kai said and Mia sent him a sharp gaze insulted by his words. “I didn’t finish.” Kai chuckled as he looked over at Mia. “The prettiest girl, until I met you.” Kai sent her a greasy wink.

 

“Oh my gawsh Long Jong! Why are you my friend!” Mia threw back her head in laughter.

 

“Because I’m the cutest person you’ve ever met. Cuter than Luhan.” Kai chuckled and Mia blushed at his comment, as well as from anger.

 

“For your information, Luhan is so much cuter than you!” Mia protested and Kai gave her a full toothy grin.

 

“Really Mia? I feel honored.” A voice said from behind. Mia’s eyes widened in shock as she stared at Kai and turned around.

 

There standing in all of his glory was none other than Luhan.

 

And boy did he look freaking hot.

 

Just in a simple gray t-shirt and dark denim jeans. He also wore a Supreme hat. It was a recipe for hotness.

 

“Sup pretty boy.” Kai smirked at Luhan and his eyes turned into slits of danger. Mia just giggled seeing his reaction.

 

“Sorry Kai, I’m going to be stealing Mia from you.” Luhan tugged on her arm, pulling her into his arms, which in his opinion she fit perfectly into.

 

“Geez, if you wanted to ask her on a date, you could have just asked.” Kai let out in a huff stuffing his hands in his jeans pockets.

 

“ it up.” Luhan smirked at Kai. Mia gasped and gently smacked Luhan. He looked at Mia in surprise and she was frowning at him.

 

“Don’t be mean to my Long Jong, Luhan.” Mia scolded Luhan. Luhan looked shocked and Kai just shot him a smirk of saying he was better than him.

 

“I don’t get called by my nickname?” Luhan looked like a sad four year old who dropped his ice cream.

 

“Not for bad behavior and being mean to Kai.” Mia argued back. “Plus, I was busy with Kai for your information.” Mia pulled herself out of Luhan’s arms and hooked her arm around Kai’s. “We were having a great time till you showed up.”

 

“That hurts Mia. A lot...” Luhan pouted. An actual pout. Kai was going to gag at his friend. He had never seen Luhan act this way before. Not since, the argument two years ago.

 

Mia saw someone too familiar heading their way. She had to leave, now.

 

“Well think about that next time before your mean to my Long Jong!” Mia stuck her tongue out at Luhan and quickly dragged Kai away. Once they were a great distance from Luhan did she stop.

 

“What was that?” Kai questioned Mia and she just bit her lips not replying.

Kai was getting suspicious. Why would Mia act like that?

 

“I...I...well... Let’s go eat! I’m starving!” Mia quickly changed the topic and pulled Kai along.

 

Meanwhile...

    “Yo! Luhan!” A voice said shaking Luhan out of his thoughts. He turned around and saw his hyung.

 

    “Oh Hey Eunhyuk hyung. Back from your tour already?” Luhan asked and Eunhyuk nodded.

 

    “Yup. We got back yesterday.” Eunhyuk explained. “Are you hungry? Want to go grab something to eat?” He asked and Luhan shrugged.


    “Sure, I’m starving.” Luhan said and went off with Eunhyuk to get something to eat.

 


 

so sorry for the lack of updates on stories. college is killing me so badly... I'll try pop out another chapter soonn...  Overdooseeeeeee. Excited...ish. 

Kay bye lovies~! 
<3 Jamie~