Chapter XII

Scent of Cheese and Wine

A good song to listen to this chapter, Lucky - EXO


CHAPTER XII

AUTHOR’S POV

“Mia,” Luhan called out as he saw Mia walking out of the school gates since school ended. It was finally friday and Mia felt like she was free for a bit.

 

“Oh, hey Luhan, what’s up?” Mia asked as she turned around to see Luhan looking at her and looking good as always.

 

“Um, can you...do you...uh...” Luhan kept pausing, not knowing how to ask the question he deeply wanted to ask. He felt so lost when it came to talking to Mia, it was like it was his first time talking to the opposite gender.

 

Mia giggled seeing his actions. He looked really nervous. He kept fidgeting, from rubbing his hands together to his neck and then his arm.

 

“What is it Lulu Deer?” Mia asked innocently, but she had a feeling she knew what he wanted to ask.

 

Luhan’s ears grew red instantaneously at the nickname he loved. He bit his bottom lip gathering all the courage he could and looked Mia straight in the eye.

 

“Do you want to go on a social outing with me, as two friends get to know each other better while walking around Hongdae?” Luhan asked. Mia’s eyes widened at his frankness of what a date was.

 

Luhan wanted to crawl into a hole and never appear again.

 

“Of course I would love to go on a social outing with you as the two of us get to know each other better as we walk around Hongdae.” Mia chuckled in response. Luhan’s eyes lit up hearing Mia’s response.

 

“Great, I’ll pick you up at 11 AM on Saturday, does that sound good?” Luhan asked but Mia’s lips pursed thinking about something.

 

“How about at 11:12 and 13 seconds on the sixth day of the week called Saturday?” Mia asked giving Luhan a sarcastic response with a grin and Luhan just rolled his eyes, but he was still smiling.

 

“I’ll see you on the sixth day of the week then, at the hour that comes after ten in the morning.” Luhan gave Mia an eye smile as he waved goodbye and headed off.

 

~

 

Saturday, 11:03:05 AM . Mia’s House

Mia paced around her room, looking at all the clothes scattered around her room creating a mess. She wanted to look nice, but she did not want to show that she was trying to impress Luhan.

 

“UGH! I HATE THESE SOCIAL OUTINGS!” Mia exclaimed glaring at her wardrobe that was thrown around the room. “Why do we even have to go to Hongdae? Can’t we just stay inside the house all day and do nothing like hermits?!”

 

“Sis, you okay?” Siwon asked as he peaked inside his sisters room. He was concerned when he heard all this yelling, and he thought she was in trouble.

 

“NO! THIS IS A FASHION EMERGENCY! HELP.” Mia ran to Siwon as she shook him back and forth.

 

“Why not call Heechul? He could help you?” Siwon suggested but Mia groaned in response.

 

“I must leave in like, 9 minutes and 34 seconds!  I can’t waste time in waiting for Heechul to come over!” Mia stomped her foot and threw her arms up in the air.

 

“Fine, I can try help you. What are you deciding on? Like them? Chic girl? Girly Girl? Punk Girl?” Siwon asked and Mia let out a sigh.

 

“Mia, that’s a girl look.” She said. Siwon nodded as he looked at her clothes on the bed. Those were the ones he knew she was thinking about.

 

“How about that dress? Pair it with that blue jacket. The dress is cute for a date, and I heard it’s also going to get pretty cold today.”  Siwon suggested. Mia looked at the clothings as her eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Siwon, you are a genius.” She punctuates every syllable as she gathers her clothes together. She smiles widely staring at the outfit and turns to her brother. “If anyone in Super Junior insults your fashion sense, tell them I think you’re the next fashion king.”

 

“Thanks, I think?” Siwon thinks about her compliment. It sounded, kind of insulting.

 

“Well, leave! I gotta get ready!” Mia says as she pushes her brother out the door and slams it shut once he’s outside.

 

~

 

Saturday, 11:10:30 AM . Mia’s House

Luhan arrived outside of her house and looked at his watch. He was currently early by about 40 seconds. He looked at the door and let out a deep breath.

 

Just knock, it’s no difference from picking up a girl once you get her number. Luhan tries to tell himself but he knows it’s completely different this time around. He was the one who wanted this, not the girl. Normally it’s the girl clinging to him wanting a date.

 

Be a man. Luhan tells himself as he finally has the courage to knock on her door. He hears footsteps, which he assumes she’s coming down the stairs and he finally hears an unclick.

 

Mia opens the door and smiles brightly at him.

 

    “You look nice for our outing.” Luhan compliments taking in Mia’s outfit. Nice was not the word to use describe in his mind. Absolutely beautiful would be the words he would tell her.

 

“You’re not so bad yourself Lulu Deer.” Mia chuckled looking at the man in front of her. His blond locks were styled up in the front. His blue striped shirt with the jeans were to die for.  “And you’re... just on time.” Mia chuckled looking at her watch as it passed 11:12:13 AM .

 

“Shall we go then?” Luhan asked and Mia nodded with a smile. Luhan and Mia caught a bus to Hongdae. They stopped by a Hello Kitty cafe, much to Luhan’s dismay, but Mia enjoyed it a lot.

 

“That cafe was so cute! Don’t you think so Hannie?” Mia asked as the strolled the streets looking at the different stuff that was on display for the flea market. Luhan nodded and observed how Mia’s interest was sparked by every little thing she saw.

 

Mia was the type of girl who was so carefree in her own way. Grounded, but carefree. Her actions showed she was living life in the moment but her words were one of wisdom.

 

Mia turned to Luhan and gave him a bright smile once she saw he was spacing out. He blinked a few times coming back to earth from the galaxy, and gave Mia a gentle smile back. Mia’s eyes turned into crescents as she wrapped her long fingers around his wrist and pulled him along the streets of Hongdae.

 

    “Lulu Deer.” Mia looked up at Luhan as they strolled through Hongdae with their fingers intertwined. Luhan really liked how her hands fit perfectly into his.

 

“Yeah, Mia?” Luhan asked and Mia pointed to an ice cream stand.

 

“Let’s get Ice Cream!” Mia brightly said as she swung their intertwined arms around in a playful manner.

 

Luhan nodded as they walked to the Ice Cream Stand. Luhan ordered for the both of them, he got green tea for Mia and mint chocolate chip for himself.

 

“I didn’t know you liked Green Tea. That’s unusual.” Luhan commented. They found a bench to sit on in a park they saw along the way.

 

“I guess? I dunno. Krissy introduced to me this flavor. We both really love this flavor.” Mia said looking at the blue sky that had a few puffy white clouds in the sky. “Have you ever wanted to live a different life?”

 

“A different life? What do you mean? Like have a different life as in being reborn?” Luhan asked and Mia shook her head as her gaze went to the ground.

 

“More like, do you wish your life was different almost everyday?” Mia said.

 

“Hmmm, I guess I do think about that. What if I didn’t make decisions back then, would I still be the same person I am today, or would I be a better person.” Luhan honestly said as he thought about all the horrible mistakes he made before. “But, I think without those mistakes and decisions, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I may not be a perfect being, but at least I’m human. Human’s are naturally imperfect and always have flaws, but that’s what makes us human, and not a robot.”

 

Mia looked over at Luhan and let out a small chuckle. “That’s very insightful, coming from someone like you. Next Kris is going to be smart in History! Haha!” Mia’s laugh lit up her whole face.

 

“Are you implying that I’m not supposed to be smart?” Luhan raised an eyebrow looking at Mia with an unamused expression. Mia opened her eyes to see the serious Luhan and started laughing more.

 

“No, not at all!” She said in between her laughing. Luhan seeing her bright laugh could not help but just to laugh along with her.

 

Mia was so cheerful compared to him, he wanted to treasure her smile, always.



 

 

 


 It's finally up! ㅋㅋㅋ sorry it wasn't updated sooner, it was actually finished about 2 weeks ago, but forgot to upload it, sorry~ hope you enjoy it~! 

<3 Jamie~