Chapter XVII

Scent of Cheese and Wine

Chapter XVII

AUTHOR’S POV

Luhan was humming to himself as he arrived at school on Tuesday. He even smiled at Lay, and Lay was in total shock as he saw Luhan happily walking along the hallway after school. Kris told Luhan to stop smiling and acting like a creep, but Luhan knew nothing could ruin this day.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Kai whispered to Lay as he leaned against the lockers next Lay’s. “He’s been so happy the entire day, it’s actually really creepy.

 

“I can imagine how creepy that would be, considering he’s never that happy.” Lay shrugged as he closed his locker, “But I have no clue on why he’s so happy right now though.”

 

“Maybe he finally scored a date with Mia.” Kai mumbled to himself as he looks at Luhan walking towards Mia.

 

“Mia? Are you ready to practice?” Luhan asked her as she put in her books that she does not need into her locker. Mia looked up and nodded as she closes the locker door.

 

“Yeah, let’s go.” Mia smiled at Luhan as they walk out of school together. “My friend wanted to help you with your singing, so I told him it was okay. He’s going to give us a ride to his place so he can help you.” Mia told Luhan.

 

Luhan froze as he stares at Mia in horror.

 

This was supposed to be one-on-one time spent with Mia, and now she’s inviting one of her friends?!

 

“Come on, he hates being in public places.” Mia chuckled as she took Luhan’s hand and pulled him out of school and to a black SUV. The windows are heavily tinted and Mia turns towards me. “Get in quickly.” Mia ushered Luhan to open the door. He quickly does and so does Mia.

 

“Oh, So you’re Luhan.” The driver asked. The driver is wearing a white snapback with black sunglasses. “We’re going to my studio so I can help you with the song.”

 

“Uh, nice to meet you, but who are you?” Luhan asked as he stares at the driver who glances at Mia and then turns to face Luhan when they are at a red light.

 

“You’ll find out.” the driver gives Luhan a slight smirk and he turns back around to continue driving.

 

Mia takes the driver's phone which is connected to the AUX cord and starts playing Big Bang’s Tonight. She turns up the volume and the driver and her start singing along to the song the whole drive to the driver’s studio, along with every other song Big Bang has come out with.

 

Jealous was probably the first thing you would use to describe Luhan right now. Especially since he could tell that the driver and Mia knew each other well. Luhan could tell the driver was a male, and he was jealous. It was not fair, he finally got alone time with Mia and now, some mysterious male, who probably Kris does not even know, shows up and is close with her. First he has his competition with Kris who’s so freaking overprotective, and there’s this man! How many men is Mia best friends with?!

 

They arrive at an expensive part of Seoul and Luhan’s eyes are wide with shock.

 

They....they just parked in front of The Studio. A studio with top of the line recording studios and practice rooms.

 

“Come on, we don’t have all day.” The driver exited the car along with Mia. Mia happily took the driver’s arm as they start walking to the entrance.

 

Luhan could not believe his eyes, they had just parked in front of YG’s Studio.

 

~


 

Once they arrived in the building the driver took off his sunglasses and looked at Luhan.
 

“So I’m Jiyong, also known as G-Dragon.” G-Dragon held out his hand for a shake. Luhan’s eyes wide with shock took G-Dragon’s hand and bowed.

 

“It’s an honor to have you be my vocal teacher for this song.” Luhan told G-Dragon with the uttermost respect.

 

Luhan questioned why he even thought his vocal teacher would be someone who was a loser!

 

His Vocal teacher for the song was G-Dragon!! THE G-DRAGON! Emphasising that it’s G-Dragon! The one and only G-Dragon! The leader from the group Big Bang that is currently killing charts with their new song Fantastic Baby. G-Dragon who killed the charts with his solo song Heartbreaker. The same G-Dragon who is a rising fashion icon. That same G-Dragon who writes all of Big Bang’s smash hits.

 

“From what Mia told me, you’re not really a rapper, which she told me after she suggested ‘That XX’ to you, I wanted to ask if you wanted to change the song?” G-Dragon asked and Luhan looks at him oddly.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Luhan politely questioned G-Dragon.

 

“Well, since the rap would probably be harder for you to learn because rapping takes time, I would suggest doing Wedding Dress. I can also get Taeyang to gives you the vocal lessons for the song instead.” G-Dragon proposed, “I’m just saying it from an artist's perspective. It would be great if you could learn how to rap too so you can be a triple threat, but I personally think you should focus on your singing. I think if you did Wedding Dress, you could also showcase your singing talents.”

 

“Well, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to switch. I also like Wedding Dress.” Luhan told G-Dragon. G-Dragon smiled and pats Luhan on the shoulder.

 

“I also think you can pull that song off well. Don’t worry, I will also be helping you as well.” G-Dragon gives Luhan a reassuring look, and Luhan felt himself blushing at the compliment.

 

Luhan felt flustered that G-Dragon could tell him that he believed in him.


 

~


 

Flashback to Last Saturday

 

“MIA!” Jiyong sent a sharp glare to Mia who just smiled at her Oppa with a wide grin. “You did not tell me that your friend was Luhan, that student from SM.” Jiyong groaned as his head falls onto the table.

 

“Oppa, what’s wrong Luhan? He’s very kind, and sweet.” Mia goes on about Luhan and all of his good qualities.

 

“We watch Luhan’s audition to SM.” Taeyang popped out of his room and walked towards the kitchen.

 

Mia was currently over Big Bang’s dorm since Jiyong wanted to reconcile their friendship. So far, everything was all good. Mia was on the brother/sister level with almost everyone in Big Bang. Although for Mia and Seunghyun was a different story. They were both extremely awkward together and honestly the two could not be in the same room at the same time.

 

“He’s an amazing singer you know.” Taeyang grabbed an Iced Coffee drink from the fridge and walked to the living room where Jiyong and Mia were currently seated.

 

“EXACTLY! HE CAN’T RAP!” Jiyong threw his hands up and sends Taeyang a grateful look but Mia still looks confused, “He can’t rap to save his life. He completely failed the part where he had to rap. So if he were to sing ‘That XX’, you two would ultimately failed. If he sang Taeyang’s ‘Wedding Dress’ however, you two would surely win.”

 

“OH!” Mia shouted in realization as she stood up and looked at Jiyong who is nodding his head. “Oh... I see why that would be a problem...” Mia pouted as she sits back down.

 

“If your friend wants, I can also help him sing Wedding Dress? He’s also a dancer too right?” Taeyang suggested and Mia looks up at Taeyang like he’s a genius, and so does Jiyong.

 

“YOU’RE AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS TAEYANG!” Mia shot up out of the couch to hug Taeyang. “You can teach Luhan to dance Wedding Dress and sing it! It would work out perfectly!” Mia smiled brightly at Taeyang.

 

“I guess, our problem is somewhat solved.” Jiyong looked at Taeyang who is happily enjoying the hug given by Mia, “Thanks Bae.” Jiyong gave a smile to Taeyang who happily smiled back.

 

End Flashback

 

~


 

“Hey Luhan!” Taeyang greeted Luhan as soon as Luhan opens the door with G-Dragon and Mia following behind. “I’m Taeyang, you don’t need to be formal with me.” Taeyang sends Luhan his million dollar smile.

 

Luhan was still in shock. The members of Big Bang were treating him so kindly, it was almost like a fantasy. A fanboy’s dream come true.

 

“Hello Taeyang, it’s an honor to have you as a vocal coach for Wedding Dress.” Luhan does a proper bow and Taeyang started to laugh.

 

“I told you, you don’t have to be proper with me, I just want to see you do well.” Taeyang smiled at Luhan, and Luhan swore he died and went to fanboy heaven.

 

~


 

For the next two weeks Luhan spent a lot of time at the YG studio as he met up with Taeyang who helped him improve greatly with his singing abilities. G-Dragon also helped him too, giving out pointers on what to emphasize and things like that.

 

Luhan felt so much honor having G-Dragon and Taeyang help him. They were also extremely kind vocal teachers. Luhan also got to hear a part of a track Big Bang was currently producing. It sounded like an electronic slower kind of song. It was the kind of song, that was more slow and a sorrow tune to it. G-Dragon said he did not start the lyrics yet, but he had some in mind.

 

G-Dragon and Taeyang would also take Luhan out to eat dinner sometimes, just the three of them in a guys-night-out. Also he became great friends with Seungri as they were the same age. They also realized they had a lot in common. Seungri thought it was great he found a friend who could finally understand him.

 

Luhan also got to spend a lot of time with Mia, and he felt like he was floating in the clouds every time minute he spent with her. Mia was his sunshine, and meant so much to him. He was falling hard for her personality, and he was happy he was falling.

 

On the flip side, Mia was beyond happy she was able to reconcile things with the members of Big Bang. While she got spend time with her 12 boys in school, after school she got to spend time with the boys who meant the world to her. She also got to spend so much time with Luhan.

 

Mia felt herself falling hard for Luhan. She was happy G-Dragon and him could get along easily. Jiyong would always about him, which would cause Mia to retaliate with hitting Jiyong quite hard and violently. Taeyang also noticed it and would also gang up on her to along with Jiyong.

 

Mia felt so happy, she wished this type of thing would never end.  

 

“Mia, what do see yourself doing in the future?” Luhan asked as they were walking home one day. Mia looks up at Luhan who is looking right at her.

 

“Probably do something with my music skills. I dunno if I will continue with SM after I finish high school though. I would love to become a composer though.” Mia thought about it. “What about you Lulu?”

 

“Me?” Luhan asked and Mia nodded in response. Luhan lets out a small sigh as he looked up at the starry sky that was up in the sky, “Honestly, I would love to debut with those other elven dorks. I mean, when we were younger and we first joined SM, we all clicked, and we wanted to debut together. Although, saying that now sounds ridiculous since we’re in this fight.”

 

“Frankly, I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all. I honestly think it would happen in the future.” Mia shrugged her shoulders and also looks up at the sky. “You twelve are all strange, but together as one, I think you would all make a group that would dominate the charts, almost like Big Bang.”

 

“Wow, you have so much faith in us.” Luhan chuckled looking back at Mia. He can see her faith in her eyes, and he knows that he had found their first real fan. “To be on Big Bang’s level... now that would be amazing.”

 

“It would be, but I wouldn’t you two to come out with songs at the same time though. I don’t want choose who I want to win.” Mia pouted and looked at Luhan. “Promise me, as long as we’re still friends, you twelve will not go against Big Bang, so I don’t have to make that tough decision.” Mia stopped walking and faced Luhan. Luhan also stopped walking and looks at Mia who is holding out her Pinky. He nods and as they lock pinkies together.

 

“I promise, I will do everything in my power, as long as we’re friends, and even when we’re not friends, to make sure Big Bang and us, whatever our future name would be, will not compete against each other.” Luhan smiles as Mia smiles back at him.

 

“I think you guys would have some sort of alien concept, you know? Because you guys are so strange!!!” Mia laughed at her joke which caused Luhan to playfully roll his eyes.

 

“Aliens, with magical powers! From an Unknown Planet!” Luhan added and Mia nodded happily as she thought of what their concept would be.

 

“An Unknown Planet... that’s like an ExoPlanet. So, like you guys could be from an ExoPlanet!” Mia brightly added as she bites her lips. “EXO!” She shouts and Luhan looks at her oddly.

 

“E-X-O?” Luhan raised a questioning eyebrow at her and she nodded enthusiastically.

 

“YES! E-X-O! EXO!” Mia happily smiled as she does a mini fangirl squeal to herself. “EXO would be a great name for you twelve! Because, first of all, I’m not even sure half of you are even from planet earth. Secondly, you guys are just as weird as Aliens.” Mia explains as Luhan sends her a frown.

 

“Hey! I belong on earth!” Luhan pouted and sent her his sad/kicked puppy-dog look which slowly kills Mia.

 

“No, you’re an Alien.” Mia grinned widely. “An Alien disguised as my Lulu Deer, but that’s okay. This Alien is just as cute.”

 

“I’m glad you find me cute.” Luhan took Mia’s hand as he interlaced their fingers together.

 

A blush shoots up Mia’s face as she looks away, nervous as well as slightly embarrassed beyond compare.

 

“Of course I find you cute.” Mia mumbled to herself as she looks down. Luhan stops walking as he pulls Mia into his arms, wrapping an arm around her waist. He takes one hand as he has Mia look up towards him, as she is still too embarrassed to look at him.

 

Luhan leaned his forehead against hers as they stare intimately into each other’s eyes, “What else do you think of me Mia?” His voice is a mere whisper ghosting across her lips.

 

“I think you’re also weird, like an Alien.” Mia laughed and Luhan gave her a frown, “But you’re also very kind towards me, which Kris thinks is some sort of conspiracy theory. Long Jong is also betting money on that too”

 

“Hmmm? What else?” Luhan’s lips turn into a smirk as he feels his heartbeat racing like a rabbits as he hears these confessions from the girl that stole his heart.

 

“I... wait! You should compliment me too!” Mia frowned, which causes Luhan to chuckle at her reaction.

 

“I find you, absolutely adorable, like, a bunny.” Luhan complimented and plants a quick peck on the nose causing Mia to flare up bury her head in his chest.

 

“You’re... you’re... you’re so freaking cheesy.” Mia mumbled into his chest which caused his chest to rumble with laughter.

 

“You’re right, I am cheesy. Cheesy, and you’re the fine wine that will always be with my cheesiness.” Luhan hugged Mia tighter as she wrapped his arms around him.

 

Mia can’t help but think, the best part of Luhan, is being in his embrace, which makes her feel like she’s the most important person in the world in his eyes. That feeling is something she never, ever wants to forget.

 

 

 


 

 

 

08/14/15 posted

A/N: driver’s outfit was inspired by --> http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/images/full/82058/g-dragons-one-of-a-kind-world-tour-concert-press-conference-in-singapore-photos.jpg?w=600

as an ancient proverb once said, “Nevermind if your bias is not G-Dragon, your bias’s bias is G-Dragon”

as quoted from... --> http://xxanda.tumblr.com/post/117311815673/never-mind-if-your-bias-is-not-g-dragon-your