Chapter XI

Scent of Cheese and Wine

A/N: Haru Haru by Big Bang works well for the background music (: --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pbm2hK_Olk


CHAPTER XI

AUTHOR’S POV

    “Hyung, don’t be mad, but,  I did not know how to give this to you...” Daesung said quietly as he pulled out a paper from his jacket pocket.

 

The paper was all wrinkly, the edges were worn down, the ink was blurred from tears hitting the paper. The paper looked like it would be ruined if someone just merely touched it.

 

Daesung handed it to Seunghyun with a heavy heart trying to suppress the tears that were already falling towards the ground.

 

Seunghyun’s hands shook violently as he took the precious paper away from Daesung carefully opening it up like a precious artifact. Which in fact it was to them. Their treasured memories lied right in this one note.


The note Mia left for them exactly a year ago.

 


 

(A/N: The note Mia left for Daesung....)

 

Dear Seunghyun,

 

    Hey. So, um, how do I begin this? Haha . This is weird. Don’t be mad at Daesung for handing you this, I asked him to. He probably didn’t hand this to you till very late huh? Haha that’s so much like him. Never giving things like this.

 

I remember when Jiyong asked him to give me something and he couldn’t hand it to me until Jiyong bullied him for a week into giving it to me. It was my letter from YG how he would like to have me join the company. You remember that day? You picked me up and twirled me in a circles, kissing me on my forehead telling me how you were so proud of me. We were finally going to have a future together. Seungri gave me the biggest hug I ever could receive and wouldn’t let go. It was by far our biggest group hug ever.

 

Our future never looked so much brighter that day.

 

We spent it with Jiyong, Daesung, Taeyang, and Seungri. We took a bus to the beach and we played all day there, laughing until the sun went down. Then as the sun was setting, Jiyong being the nagging mother he always is told us we should shout our resolve to the ocean.

 

So we did, he wished that Big Bang would always be together, forever and ever. Taeyang wished that we could grow old together. Daesung wished that we would all live happily ever after. Seungri wished that we could all have a huge collaboration and we would all be rich and famous one day. you wished that we could stay happy like this, forever. And whatever challenges we would face, we would face together. You looked me in the eye when you said it, then at the rest of the members. I remember Jiyong had his eyes all teary because he was so touched by what you said. That sensitive mother haha. He really is like a mother don’t you think?

 

Do you remember what I wished for though?

 

I bet you don’t but I remember it clearly. I wished that we could all find our happiness in life, even if we can’t find it with each other, we could still find it.

 

So here, I write this letter for you. I’m so sorry. I wish I could have been a better girlfriend to you. I feel like I’ve let you down a bunch throughout these months we’ve been in a relationship. I just wish we could go back in time and fix whatever problems we had.

 

I’m so sorry, and please, please, I hope you forgive me. We may not be able to go back to where we were before at that moment in time when we were at the beach, but I hope we can still move on. You can be happy for me in my future endeavors just like how I am happy for your bright future with YG and Big Bang. I hope you can achieve your dreams.

 

And lastly, I’m so sorry I broke your resolve. This problem, I can’t solve with you. I have to do this on my own. Please don’t hate me for it. Don’t hate me for my decisions, because I really, I really did love you.  

 

I’m so sorry.

 

Aika


 

Seunghyun could not control his tears that were streaming down his face the minute he saw his name. All the memories came rushing back to him the moment he saw her handwriting.

 

The handwriting that had written him countless notes in classes, the one that had written many support notes on the tiny gifts she would give him to make sure he was okay when he was sick, tired, or hungry.

 

The handwriting that was written on all the love letters the two shared as they were dating. All of them a precious memory to Seunghyun that he treasured dearly with his life.

 

The more he read, the more the tears violently struck down his face. He felt like he was being stabbed over and over again, and the stabbing would not stop. It was like he was breaking down, and the pieces would never come together ever again.

 

Aika, the girl he loves fully with his whole heart, left him.

 

    “Hyung... I’m so sorry. I should... I should have given the note to you earlier...”  Daesung’s voice cracked seeing how the tears streamed down Seunghyun’s face like a never ending waterfall.


Jiyong took the note from Seunghyun and looked over the note. The more he read the more his vision got blurry and his fist curling up tight. As soon as he finished he gave the note to Taeyang and looked up to the sky filled with pain.

 

    “...” Jiyong shouted to the sky. The memories clouded his mind as he looked at Seunghyun. He remembered that night clearly. “...” He glowered at his friend.

 

Jiyong remembered how that week Aika was asking him if Seunghyun had changed or seemed a bit a different to him. Jiyong shrugged telling her he didn’t notice anything. He was too busy concentrating on their release since he was writing the lyrics and making the track for their mini album Stand Up.


Jiyong saw Seunghyun that night before their sixth month anniversary and asked where he was going. Seunghyun replied he was going to go out to meet a friend. Jiyong thought it was kind of suspicious since he knew Seunghyun was not extremely sociable, so him having friends besides Aika and the rest of the members seemed odd. Later when he was done with the backtrack of the song he was going to head home and he swear he saw Aika, but she looked like a mess. The girl passed him running quickly and he saw her puffy eyes and messed up hair running into the YG building. He thought it was odd but didn’t know if it was Aika or not so he shrugged it off.

He remembered the next day he saw Aika talking to YG in his office since he was supposed to show YG the track to get it approved. Jiyong saw how YG was rubbing her back telling her it was okay and her eyes were puffy from the muffled sobs he heard. He hid behind a pillar as he watched Aika leave and then he entered, not thinking much about it.

 

Oh how he wished he did. He wished he could go back in time and stop Aika. Stop her to ask what was wrong, so this could have been avoided.

 

    “Dammit Seunghyun. I told you not to talk to that trainee! I covered for you but I knew she was trouble!” Taeyang shouted at Seunghyun who still had tears streaming down his face.

 

    “What trainee?” Jiyong eyes widened looking at Taeyang then at Seunghyun.

 

    “Hyung! Did she really make a move on you?! Why didn’t you tell noona! You were supposed to just be showing her tricks on how to rap! Not let her get into your personal life!” Seungri exclaimed.

    

    “Wait... you mean Minzy? Minzy ed up your relationship with Aika?” Jiyong questioningly rose his eyebrow at his friend.

 

“Yeah, she was trying to hit on Seunghyun before. But I thought he shook her off and told her to keep it professional?” Taeyang asked Seunghyun who could not meet their eyes.

 

“I, do admit that we did have a couple of kisses here and there, but I was never serious. I was not in my right mind. We went to a club one night and I had one too many drinks... and she was forcing herself on me... I didn’t realize...” Seunghyun trailed off looking at the ground as the bitter memories came back.

 

“Did you know she left? Or why she left?” Jiyong voice rose a bit glaring at his friend. He had a feeling he did not want to know the answer.

 

“It... I confirmed what I knew today... She... Minzy was trying to break us up because she liked me and thought Aika was a since Aika’s last boyfriend before me was Minzy’s ex-boyfriend. Minzy was trying to get revenge on Aika. I overheard her talking to CL about it, saying how that finally got what she deserved for stealing her boyfriend. I remember CL asking if she had to go so far to the point where the girl would actually leave but Minzy told her she didn’t care. Karma’s a is what she told CL.” Seunghyun recalled the memories clearly like it happened yesterday.

 

“And, you did not ing think that would help us? The ing lyrics for Haru Haru are about Aika you know?!” Jiyong exclaimed from frustrating that was rising in him.

 

“Wait... it is? I thought the girl died...oh...” Seungri asked and his voice trailed off realizing why it was like the girl died.

 

“Yeah, I lost the girl that was the most important person in my life. The girl I loved with all my heart, like a sibling feeling. The girl I would take a bullet for. My ing half-sister.” Jiyong ranted off letting off all his pent up anger.

 

“Wait, what the hell? Oh my god. Well...” Daesung said processing the information. “What I think Seunghyun needs to do is owe Aika, or Mia an apology. He’s never going to ever get her back, but maybe they can at least be friends, and I don’t have to feel bad for sneaking behind your backs to be friends with Mia.” he explained.

 

“Wait, you’ve been meeting up with Aika behind our backs?” Seungri looked so sad and abandoned. Aika was his favorite noona who would spoil him and get into trouble with him, then get scolded by Jiyong the mother.

 

“Uhm, maybe? I’ve seen her a couple of times before, but she didn’t want to be known as Aika. I know, she didn’t recognize me before though.” Daesung pouted. “So I did use a different name.”


“Well, Seunghyun you better apologize, or else I’m going to come after you.” Jiyong threatened and Seunghyun nodded knowing what he had to do.

 

 

 

 


Grrr. AFF doesn't have any fonts for writing styles D:<  

I used this font when I typed it out on Google Drive --> http://www.dafont.com/waiting-for-the-sunrise.font

I thought it matched best with the mood. It's not clean, but it's not manly.  The writing style was to be one you write if you were in a rush and it pained you to write it. Waiting for a sunrise that will never come... lol

anyways, in no way do I hate Minzy, I just saw she was paired with TOP a lot so decided to use her , but I really don't know about 2NE1 x Big Bang pairings so please excuse my lack of knowledge. 

Sorry for such a late update, I've seriously been lacking ideas for details so yeah... I've also been working on "Her Grandeur Life." Please read it, it's my newest fanfiction that i'm working onnnn . I'm very proud of it :D It stars Chanyeol, Kai, Baekyhun and Taemin :) 

anyways, bye bye~

<3 Jamie~ <3