Chapter VI

Scent of Cheese and Wine

 

CHAPTER VI

AUTHOR’S POV

Mia had ended her classes and let out a loud sigh as she stretched her arms up. Class was done, school was done for the day!  Someone poked her side when she stretched causing a small gasp to emerge. Her eyes shot open to see that tanned boy flashing his pearly whites at her.

 

“Noona.” He smiled brightly.

 

“You...” She paused as she tried to remember his name. It escaped her at the moment. “Are you... Kaiser?” She asked and he shook his head. Mia had gotten close with both sides, but only with a couple boys from each side. Specifically Kris, Luhan, Lay and Suho. Kris since he was her childhood friend, Luhan would always make the effort to talk to her, while Lay and Suho were just easy to talk to.

 

“Kai.” He smiled at her. That same smile he uses to lure innocent girls to a good . But that was the last thought on his mind at the moment.

 

“Right. So why did you poke me?” Mia asked with her hands on her hips.

 

“You’re skin was exposed for my eyes to see.” Kai winked and Mia gasped at him.

 

“Omo you player!” Mia gasped. She hated that word. Hated the word with a passion. The word that ruined her life before.  

 

Why does this cute, adorable guy have to be a player?! Mia pouted at the thought as she stared at Kai. His perfect hair, his tanned skin, his lovely eyes, his plump lips.

 

 

“What?! Oh I would never play around with you Noona! I like you!” He said with a bright smile and a chuckle. Kai for some reason wanted to be on Mia’s good side. He didn’t want Mia to judge him by his outer actions he shows. But by the ones his friends know him by. The Jongin who just wants to have fun.

 

“Oh okay then...” Mia said hesitantly, not trusting him completely and his actions.

 

“You’re too special. I dunno. I just get some aura from you where I want to open up everything to you like a book.” Kai said as he took her hand. “So lets get to know each other!” He said pulling her off.

 

Mia was baffled by his actions.  

 

He had suddenly attacked her and then said he wanted to become friends?! What’s with this guy?!

 

Kai had dragged her everywhere their feet could take them. They got a drink at a cafe, they went to the street vendors to eat their food. Then they went to the arcade, then to the park. Now they were at a beach.

 

“Jongin-ah, let’s stop running around and just stay here.” Mia said as she plopped down on the sand and so did Kai. Mia was exhausted. Kai had dragged her everywhere and told her a lot about himself.

 

She had found out he was a really sweet innocent kid. His real name is Jongin, and he only lets people he’s close with know his real name. He’s not comfortable giving it out. The duo became fast friends within those hours they spent together. Kai was now her new adorable puppy. Kai didn’t mind being a puppy, or dog for Mia. He wanted to protect her with everything. It was a new feeling he felt for any girl. The desire to protect them, and make them happy. He felt like he spilled his whole life story to Mia. Mia didn’t push Kai away after finding out his outer exterior, she just wanted to pull him closer to her.

 

“Fine fine. I’ll go buy us a treat then. I’m hungry.” Kai said and stood up. Mia too was about to stand up but he shook his head.

 

“I’ll get it, you rest.” Kai gleefully smiled at her before bouncing off to find a street vendor.

 

Mia watched the sun set down in the ocean. It was a nice view for Seoul. The sun set into horizon as filled the sky with colors of orange, yellow, red, pink and purple. It looked beautiful. Kai came back with some food and a large drink.

 

“Sharing are we?” Mia smiled and rubbed his head affectionately like a puppy. Kai just nodded and with his hair flopping around he looked like a golden retriever.

 

“Mimi, I’m glad I got to know you. I knew something was special about you!”  Kai smiled. Mimi was his new nickname for her. He thought it was genius. Mia just let him think that.

 

“I’m glad I got to know a playboy who isn’t going to hurt me. Plus, I met my new best friend. Also my part puppy!” Mia said leaning on his shoulder. Its surprised how she felt so comfortable around him.

 

“Well am I your ultimate best friend?” Kai asked hopefully. He really wanted a special place in Mia’s heart.

 

“No, Kevinnie is. But you’re my favorite puppy in the whole world.” Mia said wrapping her arms around him a hug. Kai had wrapped an arm around Mia’s shoulder bringing her closer.

 

If a normal bystander had seen them, they had look like a couple who had been in love thier whole life. For Mia, it felt like two best friends having a lovely time.

 

“Well, I’ll beat out Kris hyung and I’ll be your favorite.” Kai smiled determined to crush Kris and take his spot in Mia’s heart.

 

“Of course. I’ll be waiting for that moment you crush Kevinnie of his spot.” Mia gently smiled. The sun had set but they were just sitting there embraced in each other's arms.

 

“Well lets head back.” Kai said standing up and literally swept Mia of her feet.

 

“Jongin-ah!” Mia gasped at his actions.

 

“Sorry, I wanted to. I wanted to carry my princess!” Kai smiled as he walked to the bus stop then put her down. When the bus came, he had paid for their bus fares and took Mia home.

 

“I'll see you later Mia. I’ll make sure to text you tonight.” Kai said when him and Mia were in front of her apartment complex.

 

“Yup, I’ll see you later. And I’ll be waiting for your text." Mia said and he planted a kiss on her forehead and left. Mia walked inside to her apartment with a smile as she waved back. He waved back. Once he saw how she was inside the building he let out a sigh or relief.

 

"I see, I can only be your friend, but these feelings won't stop." Kai muttered satisfied with the peck on the forehead. He tucked his hands into his pocket and made his journey home. A day where he would be at home, and not out. So he can text Mia and not some girl. It was a nice change for Kai. And he really liked this change.

 

 

 

 


 

valentines present guys :) 

well, i've had a great SAD day. Finding out Key  was going to be on WGM Global Edition. Worst nightmare man. Knowing your husband is going to be on a married show without you. I mean, I know Key wants to keep our relationship a secret, but this hurts :( 3

oh well. 

At least Heechul is on it. I kind of want him to go on. I feel like, he would add such a flavor to the show. I would watch it with him on it haha.

Well hope you have had a great day (: 
<3 Jamie :)