The Audition

A Night To Remember
Please log in to read the full chapter

 The Audition [Right click here and listen in a seperate window to feel the atmosphere]

 

"Well it looks like you are all set for audition. Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I guess"


Sehun grabbed his keys and I inhaled not allowing the air out, until Sehun rubbed my back.


“you’ll be fine”

“I know, but what if~”

“No but if’ okay ”

“Okay”


I smiled slightly and then laughed really hard at Sehun, who had that hilarious frown on his face.


“Why do you do that?” I asked walking with him to the car.

“Because it makes you laugh” Sehun smiled ruffling my hair.

“Oh, haha” I laughed a little more before we jumped in the car and headed on our way.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody pov


The music speaking to me, a clean flow, a strong angle. SHARP!


My inner dialogue was something strange, and even my dance instructor Mrs. Cho said I was unique. Honestly I didn’t know if I was a good dancer, or if I was horrible and needed to just give up. No one told me any different, no one complimented me....


The music stopped and so did my body, I half ran half skipped to press replay on my phone. Ready for another round, then I could stop and just freestyle for the fun of it all.


Once again, the smooth, music and my dance mode, clicked again, for another five minutes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Jongin pov [cut scenes between the two= Melody --> Melody]


“Kim Jongin!”

“That’s me” I replied pointing to myself as I stepped into the field of view.


The man pushed his spectacles up the bridge of his nose and gave me a number, telling me to head into the studio for the audition. I walked rather quickly to the man and didn’t smile, I knew my eyes were bugging, and I could feel the near throat ache, as it grew tight and dry.


“Go in when you’re ready”

“Hmm” I nodded and pushed the door open.


Focus, breathe, inhale exhale, you can do this....


“Kim jongin, are you ready?”

I cleared my throat “Yes”

“Begin”


My music began, I heard the violins in the beginning , the moving beat underneath, the sparkles of clicks and pops. My body immediately moving to the music, something magical....


Flow, smooth angle SHARP~


“To think of how you feel when you saw it~” The lyrics rang again, and my body along with my native movement.....


Final free dance moment......End


Final moment to impress.....End~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After the pause, and end of my music, I bowed and waited for their feedback.


“Very unique” A browned haired woman said.

“You have a beautiful talent, I can really see that you love and want this” I bowed in unison.

“Wow, Sehun was truthful about you, your a gem....I already have an answer for you.”


I smiled and bowed once again, before I was excused and ran to find Sehun....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melody pov


I lay on the hard floor and exhale heavy, as the sweat drips off my face. Lifting my t-shirt up, fanning some air to move within it, I grabbed my empty water bottle. the thing dry, I slipped out of my shoes and ran to the kitchen to fill it up, with fresh water. Twisting the top back on, I sipped down a large amount of it again, shivering in the end as my teeth chattered from the freshness. Filling my water up again, I had to tell myself not to drink any until I got back to the studio, or i’d be here for the rest of the day, drinking water and gaining weight. Finally, it was filled and I hadn’t slurped any of it yet, clutching the cold water bottle to my chest as I walked down the hall to the studio. Thinking of movements for my choreo that I made for fun, and having my visions blurred when a tall blonde haired man walked in front of me.


“Hey, Sehun~”

“Hey, Melody, what are you doing here?”

“I forgot I had to practice for my groups performance, well my performance this weekend.”

“Oh, well I will give you a few tips, drink lots of water~”

I held my water bottle up, with a thumbs up smirking and nodding at him. “Check”

“Good.” he ruffled my bun. “Think about the fluid of the music and not the movement, you get me”

“Yes, Sehun”

“Okay, just have fun, that is the most important part.” He smiled at me and a little laugh snuck out.

“Thanks Sehunnie, why are you here today? you have a free schedule sort of.” I began to sip my water.

“Oh, I brought my bro Jongin here for the audition”

Please log in to read the full chapter