Chapter 9

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         The next morning, I woke up with the sunlight on my face coming through the window. The first thing I thought was what I would do that day to eat. Kang Hyewon was angry at me (and I was pretending to be, too) so she wouldn’t save me this time. I remembered the grandmother who lived in the building and thought that she could maybe give me something to eat. I took a bath and went to her department.

 

         “Woohyun-ah!” the grandmother greeted me warmly when she opened the door.

         “Halmeoni.” I greeted her back with a kiss. “How are you?”

         “Now much better with your visit.” She smiled as wider as she could, her eyes becoming a pair of lines. “What brings you here so early?”

         “I was just passing. Can I come in?” I lied.

         “Oh, sure, sure! I’m sorry I made you wait here! Come in, come in!” The grandmother moved aside to let me in. I did so, took my shoes off and sat on a couch.

         "How’s grandpa?” I asked first when she sat in front of me.

         “Hyunsoo is fine. Right now he’s sleeping. Did you already have breakfast?” She asked a bit worried and I smiled and thanked the world for dropping this awesome grandmother in my path so she gave me food every time I needed it (always).

         “No, I haven’t.” I smiled trying not to sound as starving as I was.

         “Then, would you like something to eat?” She stood up and went to the kitchen before I could answer, as I smiled to myself.

         “Well, yeah, I’ll appreciate it very much, halmeoni.” I smiled trying to be as polite as I could.

 

         I knew that at the grandmother’s place I would find food, but I didn’t expect what she was about to ask me.

 

         “Woohyun-ah.” she said still in the kitchen and I lifted my head to watch her. “Are you in a relation with Hyewon-ah?”

         “Eh? What do you mean with a ‘relation’, halmeoni?” Her question let me a bit startled. What the heck! Was I been so obvious that I wanted to be with that girl? Pitiful.

         “Aigoo…” She came with a dish of fried eggs and breads and sat in front of me while I began to eat. “Hyewon-ah is a very special girl for me. Some time ago she was with a guy named Yang Seungho. I didn’t like that guy at all. He was not a lazy man or anything like that. I simply didn’t consider that Hyewon deserves a man like that. I think she deserves better things. I’m glad they’re no more together but Hyewon-nie suffered so much because of him. Those days after they broke up, she could be seen always sad even though she’s a very strong girl.”

 

         The grandmother spoke nonstop as I finished my food. I was a bit taken aback because of her words. I didn’t know the reason why the grandmother was telling me such things. Who I was after all, to know these things? But I still was glad that I could find all these things. I felt a bit bad for Kang Hyewon and also angry with that Yang Seungho person, though I had no clue why exactly.

 

         “Hmm… I see. But, halmeoni, why you tell me these things?” I frowned and stared at her eyes and she let out a long groan.

         “Aigoo… Woohyun-ah, I see that you are a good guy. Hyewon-nie deserves someone like you.” He said as if we were talking about the globalization. Her words let me even more taken aback. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t know why she was telling me such things. I didn’t know anything at that moment. Basically, she was telling me to give a try with Kang Hyewon, wasn’t she?

         “But halmeoni, you don’t know me so well to say such things about me.” I felt so wrong at that moment because my intentions with Kang Hyewon weren’t so clear; I just needed a woman and she was one but I wasn’t exactly interested in her, was I?

         “Woohyun-ah, it’s not always necessary to know people so well to understand they are good people. And I know you are a good guy.” She insisted with her wide smile and I couldn’t do more than leaning back on the wall and sighed.

         “I hope you won’t mistake with me, halmeoni.” I said more to myself but she was listing too.

 

         Halmeoni stood up and took the dishes even after I beg her to let me do it myself. I was thinking of her words while she was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter