Chapter 20

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WooHyun’s POV

         During many days, I was going out very early in the morning and waiting till very late in the night, waiting for her, waiting for probably finding her so I could finally talk her and tell her how much I’ve missed that girl. However, she wasn’t there in the mornings, neither in the nights. The lights of her department were always turned off and, though I went many times to the door of her house, I was never able to knock the door. I was afraid that she’d reject me and that was something I wasn’t prepared for. I stayed just there, staring at the closed door, without having the courage to knock. I didn’t have her phone number to call her and her absence in my life was hurting me so much; even in my job I was having problems because of her. It had already became a habit for Yuri to tell me that I should call her and she told me that over and over again but how to? I didn’t have anything to contact her.

 

         One day, I decided to go to the grandma's place, hoping that she would have something to tell me about Hyewon.

 

         “Woohyun-ah! Hi, come in, come in, please!” Halmeoni said when she saw me, all excited. “Aigoo, it had been a lot of time since you last came, isn’t it? You’ve forgotten about this poor old woman, right?” She said, taking the seat at next to me.

         “That’s not right, halmeoni! I started working and I haven’t had time to come to visit you. I’m so sorry, halmeoni.” I said, a bit ashamed because I actually had forgotten a bit about her.

         “It’s ok, Woohyun-ah, there’s nothing to be sorry about, ok?” She said with her wide smile. I just nodded, still feeling a bit ashamed. “I’m actually glad to know that you too are working. Did you know Hyewon-nie is working, too?”

         “Oh, yeah, yeah, she had told me that a while ago but I haven’t been able to contact her again. Have you talked to her? Has she came over here lately?” I couldn’t hide my excitement at the very thought of knowing something about her.

         “Yes, of course. Actually, she was over here today, at the morning. She told me that she had been too busy with her studies and her work and so she hasn’t been able to come here. She’s always like this.” Halmeoni laughed with her warm laugh but I couldn’t join her. I was feeling a bit jealous because she had been able to actually talk to her while I haven’t even been able to see her.

         “Really? It’s so weird… I’ve been looking for her since so long ago. It seemed like if earth had swallowed her.” I said, heaving every word, like if they hurt in my throat. I really wanted to see her.

         “No, Woohyun-ah I’m telling you, she came today over here.”

         “Um… and, can I know what you talked about?”

         Halmeoni frowned. “Why don’t you ask her by yourself? She told me she’s having a free day tomorrow. She told me she has no school tomorrow and that the restaurant she’s working at won’t be opening tomorrow. Go and visit her so you both can catch up on life.”

 

         That sounded so good for me…

 

         “Really? Then I will do everything I can to be with her!” I said, mindlessly. I didn’t really care for anything at that time, to be honest.

         Halmeoni frowned again but smiled immediately. “But what about your work? “

         “I’ll ask for a free day.” I said, trying to smile.

         “Will you receive it?”

         “I don’t know. But if not, I’d not go.”

         “But they could fire you.”

         “No, they won’t, believe me, halmeoni.” I smiled to encourage her.

         Halmeoni smiled. “Woohyun-ah, can I ask you something?”

         “Yes, everything!”

         “Don’t make Hyewon cry, please.”

         Halmeoni’s words took me by surprise. “I’d never do that! Hyewon-ah is… someone really special for me. I’d not be able to make her hurt. Halmeoni, I really thank you all what you tell me. I’m going first.” I stood up and so did halmeoni.

         “I trust you, Woohyun-ah. Bye.” She went with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter