Chapter 5

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         I went to the house that the girl told me to go. I was trying to remember her name to pretend to be as gentler as I could but it was impossible. All I could remember was she was Kang… something.

 

         I knocked on the door after a short breath and the girl opened it in a fast. I looked at her and faked a smile but she didn’t smile back at me. Instead, the grandmother greeted me warmly and was very friendly with me. I wasn’t the kind of all-time-happy person or something like that; however, the grandmother inspired me to be genuinely friendly at her. She asked me if I wanted something to drink and she asked to the girl to go to bring me what I asked for. “Hyewon-ah.” She said. Kang Hyewon was the name of the girl, I finally got it! I should at least remember her name if I pretended that she would fall for me.

 

         “Kang Hyewon-ssi, why don’t you sit with me?” I told her pointing at the chair that was next to me when she brought me the juice.

         “Oh, no. I'm fine there.” She said chuckling and sat where she was sitting before.

         “Hyewon-ah, sit closer to us.” The grandmother told her, patting the same seat I was pointing at before.

         “Okay…”She answered with a smile a bit forced and sat next to the grandmother, in the middle of both of us.

         “Halmeoni, where’s harabeoji?” I asked taking a swallow of the orange juice.

         “Aigoo, I’m wondering the same thing. He left early in the morning and he hasn’t come back yet. He told me he would be back early. I hope he’s alright…” She replied a bit worried, as I regretted pointing that out.

         “He should be fine. Don't worry too much, halmeoni.” I said smiling a bit, feeling the need to assure her.

         “Oh, thank you, Woohyun-ssi.” She said smiling widely. “And why don’t you tell me more about yourself? What do you do on your life?” She asked still with that sweet smile she always had.

         “Ah… I… I am a student… I study Human International Relationships…” I lied. First lie I told to those women.

         “Really? I wanted to study that when I was young. Aigoo, but in my time it was very difficult to enter to the university. Only rich people could do so and I wasn't one of those, of course.” The grandmother replied laughing a little embarrassed. I felt bad because I knew that even at that time, dad would enter me in the university.

         “Ah, but I can certainly know that you are a great person. You didn’t need to study in a university to become a good person!” I assured her, trying to make her feel better.

         “Ah, Woohyun-ssi, it’s not necessary to be kind with an old woman who you had just known like me.” She said still with that wide smile. How could someone have a smile so big every time? Though it didn’t really bother me...

         “Yes, I had just met you but it’s enough for me to know that you’re really nice.” I insisted assuring her, since there was that need to make her feel alright.

         “Oh, Woohyun-ssi, you are a very kind kid.” She said, blushing a bit.

 

         The grandmother was an amazing woman. Only with crossing a few words with her, anyone could notice how nice she was.

 

         “Halmeoni, can I get some of those snacks?” I asked as fast as I noticed there were food —snacks, but they still were food; food that I haven’t eaten that day.

         “Oh, sure, sure. You can eat as much you want!” The grandmother said, moving her hand upwards, in a signal for me to go eat.

         “Thank you, halmeoni.”

 

         I took the snacks and the silent overtook the place because Kang Hyewon stood in silent all the time. While I talked to the grandmother, she just looked at us but she didn’t show any expression. She was too irritating not doing anything, just staying quite.

 

         “Kang Hyewon-ssi, are you worried about something?” I asked looking intently to her worried face.

         “Oh? Oh, yes. I’m thinking about harabeoji. He hasn’t come yet.” She said smiling shyly and looking at the clock hanging on the wall

         “Harabeoji must be okay.” I answered trying to give strength to the two women because they were quite concerned and I was the only men there. They needed some support.

         “Aigoo, Hyunsoo-yah.” The grandmother said, her expression turning to a much worried one than before.

         “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter