Chapter 8

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HyeWon’s POV

         The next day I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to make something to eat, because I was very hungry. Nam Woohyun stayed in my mind the whole while. He had my head full of confusion and perplexity. His constant annoyances bothered me, but there was something with him that made me think about him. And that was even more frustrating.

 

         When I finished cooking, I realized that I had made food for two people. There was enough for me and someone else.

 

         “Aish, Kang Hyewon, pabo! The food is getting over and you just waste it needlessly?” I scolded myself, staring at the pot full of ramyeoun up to the top. I was thinking what I was going to do with that lot of food that it had cooked. Suddenly, Nam Woohyun crossed my thoughts again. I got worried about him for some strange reason. I put my hand on my chest and felt my suddenly raced heart. I took my hoddie and decided to go to his house to invite him to eat with me —what for? I don’t know. I just… wanted to; there was something inside me that needed to be with him.

 

         My heart raced as I was getting closer to his department and even more when I knocked as softer as I could, wishing that she probably would not hear the knocks and don’t open. Now I was in front of the door of his house. I took a deep breath before knocking the door of his house.

         “Oh, Kang Hyewon-ssi!” He said a little surprised when he opened the door. What am I doing here again?

         “Nam Woohyun-ssi.” I said almost voiceless and cursed myself for going there. I was too ashamed. I didn’t even know why I was there. I should’ve have gone there. I should’ve eaten as much as I could and keep the rest of the food in the freezer but now it wasn’t time to think what I should or not do because I was right in front of him and he was staring at me frowning as much as he could, clearly surprised and it was making me feel frustrated. I took another deep breath before speaking up again, after clearing my voice. “Huh… I was wondering if you… Huh… If you wanted to… Huh… Maybe… If you wanted to eat with me in my house… It’s just that—”

         “Yes!” He said with hoarse voice before I could finish my words. I was a bit shocked by his fast answer as I opened my mouth once but nothing came.

         “Oh? Yes? Oh! Well, let’s go!” I said after again, still not knowing what was I doing. I scratched my head confused. It was the most awkward moment I’d ever felt in my life.

         “Hold on a second.” He offered me a soft smile that made my heart race once again, before he entered his home and went out again a few minutes later. “Let’s go.” He said chuckling, the soft smile again.

 

         He closed the door on his back as we walked in silence to my department. I was repeating over and over again what was I doing there, why Nam Woohyun, why I went there. Everything was too confusing and my head was aching as I thought further.

 

         “Is this your house?” Nam Woohyun took me out of my thoughts and I looked at him confused. He was waiting a reply from me so I looked from the number of my house to his eyes.

         “Oh, yeah, this is…” I muttered as I opened the door.

 

         We entered and took off our shoes. I indicated Nam Woohyun to take a sit and he sat on a cushion while I brought the pot and the dishes to the table. I sat in front of him and we ate in silence and I was somehow enjoying the moment, enjoying the silence, and oddly enjoying his presence there.

 

         “Kang Hyewon-ssi.” He finally broke the silence while we’re still eating, calling my name out in a way that could just make my heart pump faster.

         “Hmm?” I grabbed the last amount of ramen and filled my mouth with it, raising my head to look up at him.

         “Why you told me to come to eat with you and not to Yang Seungho?”

         “What?” I answered with my mouth still full as I could feel the ramyeoun coming out of it. But I didn’t mind that at that moment. How Nam Woohyun knew Seungho? Why that out of all the possible questions to ask?

         “Yeah, the one who called you yesterday before we said goodbye. You told me he’s your boyfriend.” He said staring intently at me, not minding my full mouth or his food, and with a slight of hardness in his gaze.

         “Huh? I didn't say that!” I replied almost shouting, not knowing why we were talking about Seungho now.

         “Well, you didn’t say he wasn’t so I thought that you and he—”

         “You thought wrong, then.” I cut him off harshly, gulping the ramen down my throat.

         “Then if he’s not your boyfriend, why you don’t tell me who is he?” He started to talk rather louder, as I could feel he was annoyed. Why?

         “Nam Woohyun-ssi, why do you care about this?” I answered like ignoring what he just said, really wanting to know what was wrong with him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter