Chapter 21

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         When she opened the door again I got surprised because I actually thought she was going to take longer. But even if I had to wait thousand years, they’d be worth of. Hyewon’s hair was still wet when she slowly opened the door. She didn’t have the clothes she was used to wear, or at least with the ones I was used to see her dressing. This time, she was wearing shorts and a blouse that made her look just too perfect at that moment. I’d never seen her wearing something like that, that’s why I got totally surprised and I couldn’t close my mouth, I knew it. I even think I had my ears red because she really looked so pretty right there.

 

         Just her shy voice brought me back to earth. “Nam Woohyun-ssi, are you… going to come in?”

         I blinked some times before I finally realized that I might have been too awkward standing there just staring at her like that. “Oh, yes, yes.” She moved aside so I could enter and I did it. She had her gaze at the floor and I felt kind of awkward being there again. I took off my shoes and sat at the pad that I was used to sit on. She sat next to me and we took a while in silence, I actually didn’t know how to start the conversation since she was making me feel like I wasn’t welcomed there.

         “Nam Woohyun-ssi.” She finally spoke and I looked up at her. “What are you doing here?”

         Her question left me all surprised and kind of at loss of what to answer at first but I managed to open my mouth again. “Uh, I just wanted to come by here…” I would have wanted to tell her more than that but I just couldn’t, and I guess it was better.

         She nodded but I knew something was still wrong for her as she was slightly frowning. “But… how did you know I was here? I mean, I should be at my work. Oh! And so you should! Why you’re not there at your job?” She was so shy but when she seemed to remember that also I worked, she looked so cute being all worried about me. It made me smile and want to fool her all the way.

         “I have a day off.” I just say, thinking it was still too early to fool around.

         “And what are you doing here? How did you know I was going to be here?” She said with a weird voice that made me think I was doing something bad, or that at least it was making her uncomfortable. “I mean, I should be at uni…”

         “I just got to know it.” I shrugged, trying to make her feel better.

         She narrowed he eyes, clearly not believing it. “You just got to know it or halmeoni told you?”

         I let out a laugh and I noticed a glimpse of a smile in her lips but it was so slight that I couldn’t be sure. “Oh, you discovered it, Hyewon-ssi. Haha.”

         “Ah, halmeoni told you…” She echoed my words, as if processing them. Her actions that day were really confusing.

         “Yes…” I nodded, feeling uncomfortable now because of her weird actions.

         “And when did you talk to her?”

         “Last night.”

         “I see…” She lowered her head and started writing imaginary things in the floor. I was just staring at her, trying to understand why she was acting so weird today. We stayed in a really uncomfortable silence for what seemed years for me, till she finally spoke up. “Nam Woohyun-ssi.”

         “Yes?”

         “Did you already have your breakfast?” She said, quite shyly.

         “Oh, no, I haven’t. Are you hungry?” I asked and she lowered her head even more. I never think properly, I thought.*

         “I woke up when you knocked on the door…” I could see her ears turning reddish as she was clearly ashamed of telling me that she actually was hungry. That was my chance to treat her.

         “Oh, I disturbed your sleeping time…” I said, trying to make her feel worst consciously.

     

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter