Chapter 2

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         When I reached home, I just changed my clothes and lied on bed to sleep. It had been a very long and stressful day.

 

         The next morning, I was woken up by an incoming call on my phone.

 

         “Yeoboseyo?”

         “Woohyun-ah, mom here. I’m calling to tell you that in a few minutes someone will go to your house to take your car. Dad called yesterday so they take it. Don’t be surprised.”

         “What...? Mom, mom!”

 

Tood Tood Tood

 

         What a way to start a day! My mother calls me early in the damn morning and without even saying hello, she says someone will arrive in a few minutes to take my car, what great news!

         I squeezed my phone with all my strength and threw it against the wall. When I saw it shattered on the floor, I felt much calmer. I had just opened my eyes to search the phone and I already heard such news.

 

         What on earth was on my dad’s mind to do such thing, for God’s sake? The worst thing was that I couldn’t really do anything. Dad had taken his decision (who knows why) and I wouldn't even call him to ask why, since it would be useless. We barely spoke on his birthday or mom’s so there was nothing that could be done. I decided to continue sleeping and waiting for the one that was going to take my car.

 

 

Hyewon’s POV

         The next morning, I woke up early. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and went to look for the administrator. I paid $20.000 from the bills and went to the bus station. While waiting for the bus, I was thinking what I should do that day for not do any drugs.

 

         If I go to the university it will be easier for me. I can stay there the whole day, reading or doing anything not to be so anxious.

 

         What worried me most was to meet him; since if I was at the university, he could appear at any time. I was sure that if it saw him, everything that I had built in the last three days, would come down.

 

         As I thought in all this, the bus came.

 

         I better go to the university directly. At home it may be harder to resist.

 

         I was going on the bus without thinking anything else but how I would do to get away from him when he finds me. I had no strength to deny him but I didn't want to be weak before him once more.

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

         When I woke up again, the first thing I saw upon opening my eyes was the pieces of my phone lying on the floor after I threw it. I looked at them while thinking what to do to retrieve my car. I got up and picked up what remained of my phone. I tried without much effort to repair it but I failed once and I didn’t try more. I peeked out the window to see my car perhaps for the last time. I took a towel and went to the bath. Then I prepared something for breakfast as I kept waiting for the one who would take my car.

 

         After a few minutes, the doorbell of my department rang. I looked through the camera and the person that was behind was probably the man who would take my car.

 

         “Mr. Nam Woohyun?” He said as I opened the door, in a rather hurry voice.

         “Yes, why? How can I help you?” I knew my voice was expressionless and it’d be quite rude but I couldn’t care less.

         “Mr. Nam Woohyun, I’m here to make you sign here.” He said pointing at the board he had in his hand. I signed without even reading it because I knew what was written in that paper and I didn’t want to read it. And the man there seemed to know that since he didn’t even ask me to read it. “Thank you.” He said after I signed and left.

 

         Aish, what should I do now? I have no car or phone to order a taxi and I need to talk with mom.

 

         I had no other chance but to take the bus that I hated so much. I took a t-shirt, my wallet and I went to the bus stop that was close to my house. While waiting for the bus, I thought what I would say to mom so she persuade dad to give me back my car. I took the bus that had just arrived thinking about all that.

 

 

Hyewon’s POV

         After more than an hour, I reached the university. The big front with the letters ‘KU’ (Geongook University) was stunning. Some time ago, the look of that placard was a symbol of peace because it meant my studies and the man I liked most but now it was just something I didn’t want to see anymore.  I was walking looking at everywhere, hoping not to find him. I went to the library without finding him and I was relieved. I even had my heart pumping hard on my chest, not letting me think properly. I took two books to read during the day: Dandelions of Imjin River (Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter