Chapter 15

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon’s POV

         I stood up and stretched out my hand to him. He took it and stood up as well. We walked with my hand squeezing his warm hand, slightly helping him to move and silently we arrived at my apartment. His touch on my hand made me feel awkward but I still wanted to help him. He took his shoes off at the entrance following my action and I told him to sit on a pad while I looked for something to put on his wound but I was too nervous and didn’t know how I could help him.

 

         “Aish! Nam Woohyun-ssi, I have nothing to help you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” I wanted to cry so much because I really wanted to help him but I didn’t know how.

         “Hyewon-ssi, just relax a bit. Do you have ice?” He said in the softest voice that I’d heard from him and my heart raced.  Hyewon-ssi. He’d never called me like that and that’s why my heart was beating so fast.

         “I-ice? I think so…” I glanced at him but looked down to my feet again while I walked to the freezer and found the ice. “Yes, I have ice.” I said, looking back to him.

         “Okay, now take a piece of cloth or something and put the ice on it.” He added but his voice sounded like he was suffering, of course because of his injured lip.

 

         I went to the cupboard and took an old shirt and cut it with the scissors I found by luck. Then I took a bunch of ice with a glass and placed the ice on the cloth before wrapping it and hurried to where Woohyun was sitting and sat in front of him, hearing my heartbeats on my ears. I put the wrapped ice on his lip with my trembling hand and he jumped by the touch of the ice with his wound.

 

         “Ah, it hurts.” He moved back his head and I felt miserably.

         “I’m sorry.” I touched his lip again with the ice as he reacted in the same way but I kept doing it a few times more. I felt my heart beating fast with the proximity but I still tried my best not to screw it up.

         “It’s already okay.” He smiled and just at that moment I realized our faces were just a few inches away and I moved back and cleared my throat, feeling my cheeks were burning.

         “Are you sure? It doesn’t hurt anymore?” I didn’t look at him because I felt if I looked up at him I would die.

         “Um.” He just nodded and I breathed again.

         “Okay.” I said just giving him a little glance and tried to get up but when I did, he grabbed my arm and pulled me down again, staring at me with his tender eyes while I was looking at him widening mine; my heart beating so fast again and I stopped breathing.

         “Hyewon-ssi.” He said again with the soft voice that made my heart jump and beat even faster and louder. I could just hum, almost without producing any sound. “Stay here.” I stared at him while he was looking at me with the most beautiful eyes that I had ever seen before. I got lost in his eyes for a moment before waking up again from the beautiful dream I was having with Nam Woohyun taking my hand.

         “Oh? Okay…” I looked down to my lap, feeling the awkwardness of the moment. I didn’t know what was Woohyun doing till he sighed heavily and released my hand before I looked up at him.

         “That man… was him Yang Seungho?” He looked intently at my eyes and I couldn’t remain looking at him as I lowered my head.

         “Um.” I nodded slightly, feeling shameful and my ears burning.

         “Why lower your head?” He said placing his hand on my chin, lifting my head and my heart jumped again when our eyes met.

         “Oh? It’s that… Seungho oppa–”

         “Seungho oppa? You still call him like that after he did this?” He cut my words, clenching his eyebrows as his face changed immediately. His voice was firm but still he was probably trying to remain calm.

         “Eh?” I frowned my eyebrows too, feeling confused.

         “Yang Seungho… That man… He wanted to hurt you…. He was hurting you.” He said staring at me deeply in my eyes with concern.

         “I know.” I lowered my head again and sighed.

         “Then why you still call him ‘oppa’? What happens with him? Do you still love him?” He seemed to be angry suddenly as I stared at his eyes, looking for the reason why he was acting like that.

         “Eh?” I replied, feeling confused again as I couldn’t find the reason of his actions.

         “Yang Seungho, do you still love him?” He repeated without even hesitating in his words.

         “N-no, of course not! Seungho oppa– I mean! Seungho and I… we are nothing anymore… We broke up so long ago.” I said hesitating but looking at his eyes, trying to look firm but it was so hard.

         “Hmm.” Woohyun didn’t take off his eyes from me and I felt again so small with my loud heartbeats as I lowered my head again.

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

         We arrived at her apartment and I sat on a pad while she was looking for something to cure me. When she took the ice and put it in my lip, it hurt a little. But knowing that it was me who was injured and not her, gave me strength to endure it; and knowing that it was her who was healing me, made me rest much more. I wanted to stay with her forever in that way. We were in silence, but together.

 

         “Nam Woohyun.” She said after some minutes of silence since I asked her about Yang Seungho.

         “Um?” I didn’t hurry to open my eyes or mouth, as I was resting my head on the wall at my back, still my face hurt for the punch.

         “Nam Woohyun-ssi, what were you doing there?”

         “Doing where?”

         “Outside there. When I was with–”

         “I was coming back.” I cut her words because I didn’t want to hear the name of that man again i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter