Chapter 16

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon’s POV

         Nam Woohyun stayed at my house for more than one hour, while we were talking about many things. We had never sat to talk and actually, we had never talked like two normal people, about normal stuffs, because we’d always be discussing and making things difficult for the two of us. But there we were, talking like if we were two normal people, about how he and I were doing and it felt… good. It felt so right talking to him confidently and he telling me so many things about him. It was almost all the time very awkward due to the fact that I wasn’t a talkative person when I became nervous, though out of nothing. I didn’t know why it was so awkward to be around Nam Woohyun. I didn’t know why my heart would always race like a mad whenever we were together.

 

         But what I did know was that I felt safe being around him, having him at my house, lying on the floor of my house which made me think that he felt as comfortable with me as I felt with him. And though I was healing the wound he had because of my fault, it felt good to cure him.

 

         When we were on the doorway, he stared at me with those tender eyes that I already liked a lot, and I felt so small and weak, owned by his deep gaze. I wanted to hug him tight and never let him go off my arms —what?

 

         I stared at the closed door for a while before picking up the bowl and the wrapped ice that was on the coffee table in the middle of my department. I put them on the kitchen before going to the cupboard and took out a loose t-shirt and shorts to change into before going to the bed.

 

         I echoed in my mind every single word we shared that day —what he told me and what I told him. I was happy he was doing great, that he was working. I didn’t know exactly why I felt that job he had was the first one he had had on his life. Maybe because when he talked about it, though he wasn’t an expressive man, he said it with too much joy. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes, remembering how his face looked.

 

         Kang Hyewon, isn’t Nam Woohyun-ssi pretty? Doesn’t he have a really cute face? And still he received that punch from Seungho… Nam Woohyun-ssi is really a good man.

 

 

         The next morning, I woke up early and hurried to bath and put on clothes because I wanted to meet him before going to work. I sat down on the stairs where Seungho had been the previous night and waited there about 10 minutes.

 

         Isn’t he going out? He said he works in the morning, why he hasn’t coming out yet?

 

         I thought that his lip probably hurt him so badly that he wouldn’t go out and it made me feel too bad. I imagined him on his bed (which I’d never seen), with a hurtful face and touching his lip cautiously after jumping by each touch.

 

         “Hyewon-ssi?”

 

         A voice took me out of my thoughts as I looked at the direction from where the voice came and saw Nam Woohyun standing behind me, looking down at me from above. I couldn’t hide the smile that appeared in my face as I saw him but I tried not to be so obvious.

 

         “Oh, Nam Woohyun-ssi, what a surprise!” I said standing up, jogging the dust off from my jeans.

         “Hyewon-ssi, hi.” He said with a confused face and I smiled to myself. “What-what are you doing here so alone?”

         “Huh… I wanted to know how your lip is today…” I looked down at the wound on his lip and felt happy when I see it was already healing.

         “Hmm, it’s okay.” He said with a disbelieve tone on his voice, which reason I didn’t know.

         “Is that so…” I had nothing else to say but I of course didn’t want to leave and somehow felt that he was going to say something else.

         “Then… were you waiting for me?” I looked up at his face that was forming a smile and I felt my ears getting redder.

         “Huh… Somehow…” I scratched my neck which wasn’t even itchy but it somehow made me feel better.

         “Really? Ahh, that’s good. Then, would like to eat with me?”

         “Eh?”

         “Did you have your breakfast already?”

         “Eh? Ah, n-no– I mean, yes! I did and I’m kind of late for the university. I would like to go with you but I can’t! I’m sorry, Nam Woohyun-ssi. I’m glad you’re okay! Bye!” I waved at him and turned back without waiting for his reaction or his words to say goodbye. I looked at the hour on my phone. I had classes in two hours but I still refused to go out with him out of any reason. I didn’t know why I did it but I couldn’t do anything about it. I sighed and climbed on the bus that had already arrived at the station, reflecting on my previews actions.

 

         I got to the university still thinking about what I had done. I was almost dying for being able to spend the most time possible with Nam Woohyun; however, I rejected the opportunity without a reason.

 

         I went to the kitchen of the restaurant with a big smile, watching the chefs cooking so many things that I would never be able to cook ever in my life. I only knew how to cook a normal ramen and once I tried to make kimbap but I totally failed and never tried again. That’s why I asked one of the chefs if I could watch him as he prepared a ddeokbokki. I didn’t know why people keep saying that preparing ddeokbokki is easy because that is totally a lie. I sighed watching the chef putting all the ingredients together and then he gave me a bit to taste it and it was almost perfect. I wondered if Nam Woohyun knew how to cook that too…

 

         I walked to the station, feeling the coldness of the upcoming season and took the bus. When I was arriving home, I saw someone standing on the entrance of the building and I swallowed some saliva, thinking about whether the person who was there was Seungho or not. I didn’t want to see him again, at least not for a few days. I sighed and kept walking, looking at the shape of the back of the person that was there but because of the lack of luminance of the lights from the insides of the building and the darkness of the night, I couldn’t see him clearly.

 

         “Hyewon-ssi.” He turned around and waved at me as he saw me standing in front of him.

         “Nam Woohyun-ssi?” I frowned and looked at him, still not believing he was there. “What are you doing here?”

         “Well, I was waiting for you.” He said cheerfully and smiling, making me feel so small.

         “Waiting… for me?” I couldn’t hide the excitement that suddenly grew inside of me.

         “Yep.”

         “Oh, huh… Thank you.” I smiled to myself, hearing the loud heartbeats on my ears. “But, what were you waiting for?”

         “I just waited for you. I wanted to talk with you.” He stared deeply at my eyes, making the air hard to be breathed as I stopped breathing.

         “T-talk? With… me? About what?” I felt my hands starting to sweat unstoppably even though it wasn’t even a bit hot.

         “Huh? Why you ask about that?” He frowned but a slightly smile was starting to form on his cute face.

         “I just want to know what Nam Woohyun-ssi wants to talk with me.”

         “I don’t know. I just want to talk to you, about anything.” He made a dreamy face as he looked at the dark sky above us and I looked up as well, trying to find out what he was looking. As I didn’t find anything special to look at, I looked back at him.

         “About anything? How could you not know what you want to talk with someone!” I felt so miserable as I watched him laughing while I was pouting, not knowing what was going on and less what to do. “Yah, Nam Woohyun-ssi, I don’t understand anything!" I said raising the tone of my voice, feeling even more miserable as he was laughing harder.

         “Aigoo… There’s nothing to understand, Hyewon-ssi.” He said putting his hand on my head, ruffling my hair as I felt my heart beating faster and louder. I looked up at him who was staring at me with gentle eyes. “Can we talk in your house?”

         “Eh? In my house?” The words sounded strange in my mouth even though he had been in my house a few times before.

         “Yes, is there any problem?” He removed his hands from my head and it made me want to take his hands and put them again to my head but of course I didn’t do that.

         “Oh? No, no! Let’s go…” I looked down to the ground, feeling his gaze on me and he let out a sigh.

         “Let’s go then.”

 

         He walked behind me and grabbed me by my shoulders, pulling me to walk inside of the building with his hands over them.

 

 

Woohyun POV’s

         The next day, I woke up very early, greeting the sunshine with the biggest smile. I my lip and felt it was already healing, though it tasted like a hint of blood combined with alcohol. My heart was beating strongly, and I wanted so badly to see her that morning. When I finished my bath, my phone rang.

 

         “Good morning, eomma!” I said before she could say anything.

         “Woohyun-ah, good morning. Omo, were you were already awake?” She said with a slightly surprise on her voice.

         “Yep. I woke up a few minutes ago and already took my bath.” I said proudly of myself.

         “Ah, that’s good to hear. That means you’re already struggling with this, aren’t you?”

         “Yes, eomma. I am already taking my responsibilities, don’t you think?” I sat on the bed, playing with the ends of the clothes of the pillow.

         “Yes, you’re right.” She laughed a bit and I did so too.

         “Is eomma proud of her cute adeul now?”

         “Aigoo, Woohyun-ah, I’ve been always proud of you!” She cried as a little girl —mom was always like that. I laughed but didn’t say anything. “Woohyun-ah, I’ve noticed that you are somehow happy, aren’t you?”

         “Really? You think? Maybe…” I smiled wider, thinking about the last night as I felt a slight heat coming to my cheeks.

         “Is it because of a girl? Did you meet a new girl now? I know well the smile you have at this moment, eh? Remember I’m your eomma.”

         “Eomma, I meet many girls every day.” I answered still laughing a bit.

         “Then, why are you smiling?” She a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter