A bit of pain

Hard to Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**RAW-- please bear with me. I am no longer using Microsoft word and apparently the new word program I am using is a bit distroted than what I am expecting. I hope to learn how to use this soon.

 

A bit of pain

 

Chapter 8

 

This is unbelievable, all the images of a nice-lovely couple home in Hannah’s mind shattered into thousand tiny pieces...why is the house like this?

 

Dirty...It’s full of cobwebs, the furnitures are still covered by white cloths. And it’s all dusty. It looks like it has a potential to be a real nice house...only if it was clean and repainted.

 

“It seems this is the mission.” said Siwon

 

“This?” asked Hannah

 

“Yeah...I think we need to clean this place up.” said Siwon

 

Right...that could be it. Hannah noticed an envelop on the table and opened it.

 

“Hmmm...You’re right, they gave us a card to spend for repainting and cleaning.” said Hannah

 

“That’s the agenda for the day then. Cleaning and painting.” said Siwon “Let’s write down everything we need and then let’s go out and buy them.”

 

“All right.”

 

Hannah brought out a pen and a notebook.

 

“We need paint...and some Rug or a map to clean the floor...some paper to cover the floor while we paint...also brushes...hmmm what else...” said Siwon as Hannah jotted down notes.

 

“What color of paint do you like?” asked Hannah

 

“Hmm...” Siwon looked around...”It looks like the original paint was white...now it looks dirty white.” said Siwon “What color do you like?”

 

“Hmm...I think we can keep the white...but it would be better if we put some golden light brown accents here and there.” said Hannah.

 

“Golden Brown accents...Yeah...I like that...” said Siwon

 

It’s weird...it’s the exact same color combination he has at home. Siwon looked away...did Hannah’s research about him go that far? That’s a bit creepy...stalker like creepy.

 

Hannah saw Siwon a bit uncomfortable.

 

“You...don’t really like brown do you?” asked Hannah

 

“Oh...brown is fine.” said Siwon

 

“Are you sure?” asked Hannah

 

“Umm not really...it’s just that my house is painted white and brown at the moment.” said Siwon

 

“Oh!” Hannah’s eyes widened. “I...didn’t know...I mean...that’s the color of our dorm right now...I just thought it would feel more homely if we use the same colors here....I’m so sorry, I was only thinking of myself.  You know if you are fed up with brown because you always see it, let’s choose another color.  That’s fine with me. I would like any color you’d choose.”

 

“No, Brown is fine.” It’s just a coincidence that their houses are the same colors... it’s not because it’s his houses’ color...it’s because of her dorm...somehow Siwon wasn’t happy.

 

Siwon and Hannah went out on Siwon’s car and looked for a store to buy paint and cleaning stuff. Siwon noticed that he likes the way Hannah thinks. She’s very practical. She knows which things are multifunctional and which is not.

 

“You sound like someone who cleans the house a lot. But you don’t look like it.” said Siwon

 

“I don’t look like I can do some cleaning?” asked Hannah

 

“Not that you look like an ignorant woman, don’t get me wrong. You just...Anyway, don’t you get cleaning service at the dorm?” asked Siwon

 

“Oh, we do have cleaning service in the dorm...but back in my home country I usually clean the house a lot.” said Hannah

 

“Oh...really...that’s why.” said Siwon

 

“Huh?” asked Hannah

 

“You seem to know a lot about housemaking.” said Siwon

 

“Oh...is that good...or bad?” asked Hannah

 

“That’s good...Your husband will be very lucky.” said Siwon

 

Your Husband will be very lucky.

 

It was a simple phrase, but it kept ringing in Hannah’s ear like an irritating sound sending a little pain in her heart.

 

“You are my husband.” said Hannah

 

Siwon noticed the cold expression on Hannah’s face as she looked away.

 

Oh...Ouch...He was so into the conversation that he forgot they are in the show as pretend husband and wife.

 

“Then I am one lucky man.” said Siwon

 

Hannah did not look at Siwon at all after that. She just continued walking to the counter where they will be paying for everything they bought.

 

“Hey...you ok?” asked Siwon

 

No...of course I am not ok, thought Hannah.

 

Hannah has this pain that is slowly burning inside her chest. Siwon still doesn’t get it. She is trying her best to make this as close to real as possible. Siwon of course is only acting. But still it hurt her that he’s trying his best to show it to her.

 

They brought everything to the car. Siwon noticed that Hannah had been silent the entire ride.

 

“Is there something wrong?” asked Siwon

 

Hannah just shook her head.

 

“Why are you so silent?” asked Siwon

 

Hannah again shook her head and closed her eyes as if she’s sleepy.

 

Siwon stopped the car by the roadside making Hannah open her eyes suddenly. They are still a few minutes away from the couple’s house.

 

Siwon is slowly getting irritated in the store earlier as Hannah tried to ignore him when they paid for everything. On their way to the parking, he asked her a couple of times if she’s ok, she just nodded silently twice. Something inside Siwon did not feel right, and it’s irrita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter