Aligning Expectations

Hard to Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aligning Expectations

 

Chapter 5

 

Siwon brought Hannah back to the place they had lunch earlier.

 

“This is where we separate for now.” Said Siwon

 

“Yeah.” Said Hannah…it suddenly felt sad that their time today is over…but there will be a next time isn’t it?

 

“Oh, can I get your number by the way?” asked Siwon “So that it’s easier to communicate in the future.”

 

“Ah yeah.” Hannah gave her number to Siwon and Siwon called her so that she can store his number.

 

All is settled for the day.

 

-------------------------------

 

Hannah is on her way back to the Dorm…the news is already out about her and Siwon’s WGM…Her members had been sending messages and calls all day.

 

Hannah chuckled.

 

They are really excited for her…She still can’t believe it. In this world…there are still fairytales…

 

Hannah’s phone rang…

 

Siwon  Oppa? She hasn’t reached her dorm yet…and it’s barely an hour since they separated.

 

Hannah cleared before answering the call.

 

“Ummm, Hello…Oppa?” greeted Hannah

 

“Umm Yes. Hannah…can I meet you quickly now please?” asked Siwon “I mean if you don’t have anything scheduled now.”

 

Huh? They just finished WGM filming for the day right? And there is no camera around anymore…

 

“Umm…all right…I mean I’m free right now. Where do we meet?” asked Hannah

 

Siwon gave her instructions.

 

“Oppa…can you go to this place please?” Hannah asked the driver

 

What can it be for? Hannah’s heart is racing…she didn’t know she’ll see her dream man again this soon.

 

-------------------------

 

It was a small coffee shop and the place was really in the small corners…somewhere idols can date without being noticed.

 

Hannah went in and saw Siwon waiting for her.

 

“Hi, Oppa.” Greeted Hannah feeling nervous again.

 

Siwon saw it instantly…In just an hour…she becomes nervous again.

 

“I called because there is something that I wanted to tell you…outside the broadcast.” Said Siwon

 

Hannah sat opposite Siwon.

 

“What is it?” asked Hannah

 

“I wanted to tell you the truth. I want to set the expectations straight as early as now.” Said Siwon

 

“What do you mean?” asked Hannah

 

Siwon took a deep breath as he tried to make sure Hannah is settled before he starts his practiced speech.

 

“I want to tell you that I didn’t want to go to WGM.” Said Siwon “Until now…I still don’t like being in the show…it’s one of those shows that I hate. But management gave me no other choice…so I’m sort of just forced into the show.”

 

“Umm…really?” asked Hannah…her heart slowly sinking.

 

“I am an actor…I can pretend to be sweet and be a good husband…but that’s just in front of the camera…only to make a show…only to comply with what the show asks…” said Siwon “But that’s all just pretense.”

 

Hannah tried to understand what Siwon is saying. But it didn’t make sense.

 

“I don’t think I understand.” Said Hannah

 

“What I want to say is…don’t expect that I’ll like you.” Said Siwon “Because I’m in the show for a reason…and that’s not to get a girlfriend.”

 

Hannah felt like her fairytale is becoming a nightmare…lightning clouding the beautiful picture she had earlier…

 

“What is the reason you said Yes when you didn’t want to?” asked Hannah

 

“My Career.” said Siwon  “Remember the scandal? I need a career boost…and they said I need this.”

 

Siwon noticed Hannah’s hand clenched on her lap.

 

“Am I too direct?” asked Siwon “I wanted to be honest with you because I don’t want you to expect anything from me that is not going to happen. Shows like WGM has a thin line between reality and Acting…I don’t want you to misinterpret.”

 

Hannah can’t speak. She doesn’t know what to say…the man of her dreams just told her he’ll never like her…that she should not have false hope despite them being married in WGM.

 

“Did you like going to the show? When they told you about it, you immediately said Yes?” asked Siwon

 

“No…But…I wanted to give it a try.” Said Hannah

 

“Why? Is it because this will help boost the popularity of your group?” asked Siwon

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter