i | They are back, and Oh Minjung is the new King

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

It has been five years since they were in Seoul; things certainly weren’t the same anymore. After all, nothing stays the same for years isn’t it? But isn’t this a little too much?

              “What?” He squinted at the bartender in front of him who was preparing theirs drinks for them. “What do you mean you disbanded Dragon clan? The last time I checked, it was doing fine.” Jiyong shot him a stare as he placed the drinks on the counter, “and the last time you checked, it was two years ago, no?”

              “Tae oppa, stop disgracing yourself.” Hyehee giggled beside him as she sipped on her non-alcoholic drink. “It’s really very long since you last talk to Jiyong oppa.”

              Taemin scoffed and wrapped his fingers around the glass, “Fine then, so what’s the reason behind it? Don’t tell you quit gang or some bull.”

              The bartender sighed and sat down on the tall stool behind the counter, “There’s this gang that you might not heard of, the king clan. It was considered a nobody gang, until two years ago, the head changed. A female took over a gang, and people address her as the King.”

              “A female? Really? You disbanded Dragon clan because of a female? What, are you scared of her?” Taemin questioned him with a tone that will definitely piss him off. He wasn’t asking for trouble, it was just that they haven’t met for so long and he couldn’t stand not to disturb him.

              But Jiyong’s expression didn’t change. He was just staring at him, until his eyes diverted away to see what was behind him, or who.

              “New friends, I see.” A female voice echoed in the pub before the seat beside Taemin got occupied by her. “Jiyong, you know what I want right?” She smiled at him.

              Jiyong paused and stared at her, “And you do know you can’t drink.” She shrugged her shoulders.

              Taemin turned his head to look at Hyehee; she took a quick glance at the girl beside him before looking back at her own drink. He picked up his own glass of alcohol before sipping it. “So, who are you? I’ve never see you before.” The new girl asked, and Taemin scoffed into the drink before putting the glass down.

              He sighed, finally looking at her in the eyes. At that moment, he swore, he felt some strange feeling running through his body. She looked familiar, or rather, she felt familiar. But he’s sure as hell he didn’t see her before.

              He his dried lips before blinking, “Lee Taemin.”             

              “And that pretty girl beside you? Your girlfriend?”

              “Hyehee.” He said almost immediately. Girlfriend? Not yet. Like hell, he doesn’t even know what their relationship statues were.

              Hyehee popped her face beside Taemin’s. “Hey,” She gave a small smile that soon vanished. She wasn’t sure why she was feeling disappointed when Taemin didn’t call her his girlfriend, she wasn’t supposed to be his girlfriend anyway.

              The new girl smiled, waving as she took her glass from Jiyong. “I’m Minjung, Oh Minjung.”

              “I’m sure I didn’t see you around before, new here?” She asked.

              “Lee Taemin and Lee Hyehee, you sure you haven’t heard of them?” Jiyong asked, sitting on the tall stool again.

              “Am I supposed to know them? What? Do they know me then?”

              Taemin’s brow raised at that question, “Am I supposed to know you?” He asked.

              “Then why am I supposed to know you?” Minjung retorted.

              “The dispute between Dragon clan and Phoenix clan, don’t you know?” Jiyong continued asking. It was a rather big matter among the mafia, how can Minjung not know?

              “What?” Minjung frowned, looking at Jiyong with confused look while gulping down her drink, “Oh you mean the one who’s the son of Dragon clan yet was raised up by Phoenix clan?”

              The three of them kept quiet, and Jiyong looked glad that she actually knew about it. “What? Don’t tell me you’re the son?” Minjung asked, pointing at Taemin with a smirk playing on her lips.

              Jiyong watched as Minjung’s face started to turn a little red. “Aish,” He frowned.  

              “Don’t tell me you’re the female gang leader, what, king?” Taemin asked mockingly.

              Minjung bit her bottom lip, looking away from Taemin as she stared ahead at the empty glasses hanging behind Jiyong, before laying her head on the table and closed her eyes.

              “What?” Taemin asked, staring at her pinkish face. “She can’t drink, I’ve already reduce the amount of alcohol level, looks like I’ve to reduce more next time.” Jiyong sighed.    

              “GD hyung,” Another voice echoed in the pub.

              Taemin and Hyehee turned back after registering the voice in their heads, it sounded familiar, and they managed to remember him when a tall guy walked towards them.

              “Hey Sehun, great, you’re here.” Jiyong pointed at the drunken girl when she slightly groaned, “Take her home.”

              “If you know she can’t drink then why are you even serving her the drink she wants?” Sehun grunted as he approached his sister. “Is it very hard for you to take her home?”

              Sehun rolled his eyes before realizing the existence of the other two. Jiyong doesn’t usually let people in after the closing time. It was 4am in the morning right now, all the more there won’t be nosy people around.

              “Who are you?” 

              Taemin smirked, taking Hyehee’s hand and pulled her up. “See you around Jiyong.”

 

 

“Hey!”

              Taemin walked towards the car while telling Hyehee how he wanted to persuade Key in giving him the car. After they landed in Seoul today, Key decided to lend them the blue Ferrari as a welcome-back gift. Lend.

              He turned around when he heard someone yelling. Sehun had Minjung on his back and he doesn’t even look breathless when he walked briskly towards Taemin. “If our names were all you want, I’m Lee Taemin, she’s Lee Hyehee.” Taemin said, pointing at Hyehee who was on the other side of the car.

              Sehun scoffed, throwing up his sister a little when he saw their car, he was the one at the hill, he thought. And under the light of the lamp post, he then realized the guy in front of him was a little familiar, like he seen him somewhere other than at the hill.

              “Is there anything else?” Taemin glared at him when he doesn’t like how Sehun has been staring at him. After a moment of silence, Hyehee sighed when the two guys won’t stop glaring at each other. “Tae oppa, just get in the car.” She said, “I’m tired.”

              Taemin unlocked the car with a press of button, expecting Hyehee to get in first since he still haven’t shifted his attention away from the tall guy.

              “Is there,” He asked, walking a step closer to Sehun until their nose tips almost touched, “Anything else?”

              It was then Sehun felt a tingly feeling down his spine, it sounded like his sister threatening him. It was like the same aura coming out from his sister, was now coming out from Taemin. How can two unrelated person be so ridiculously similar?

              Sehun frowned, clenching his teeth before walking away.

              Taemin watched as Sehun walked down the path, what exactly is wrong with him? He narrowed his eyes.

              “Lee Taemin!” Hyehee shouted from within the car, “Can you please?”

              “I’m sorry,” Taemin apologized while getting into the car. “Don’t get angry my princess.” He smiled, “So let’s get going to Key’s.”   

 

 

“What? Oh Minjung?”

              Key asked while typing on his MacBook. “Why are you asking about her? Have you seen her?”

              Taemin lay on his back on Key’s red velvet long couch in his room with Hyehee already asleep in the guest room.

              “I met her in BD just now; and her little brother, Sehun?”

              “Oh, yeah. They’re siblings sold to the clan, you know, the s parents does.”

              Taemin stared at the ceiling, he remembered the sense of familiarity when he met Minjung’s eyes, but he’s sure he hasn’t seen her before.

              “Have you seen Minjung before? Like, before she’s even the king, before I’m away?” He asked.

              Key’s fingers suddenly stopped typing. He turned and stared at Taemin who wasn’t even aware of it.

              “What exactly are you pointing at?” Key asked.

              Taemin blinked, putting an arm behind his head and another playing with the corner of the cushion. “I don’t know. I just felt weird, looking at her.”

              Key scoffed and rolled his eyes. “ please; I’m trying to finish my report here. Can you get back to your room and sleep beside your little princess instead.”

              “Oh that reminds me,” Taemin shot up and walked towards Key before wrapping his arm around his neck.

              “Have you considered giving me the blue Ferrari instead?” His eyes sparkled.

              “Have you considered booking a hotel and live there for the rest of your life until you found an apartment in Seoul because apparently you are not showing gratitude that I’m actually allowing you to stay here.”

              Taemin’s face scrunched up, “Seriously? You’re doing this to me?”

              “Lee Taemin, for the last time, I need to submit this report by 6 in the morning.”

              “Okay last question, where’s Jongyhyun?”

              “On secret mission, I haven’t been in contact with him since…two months?”  Key raised one of his brows before placing his hands on the MacBook again. “Now please.”