xii | I'm sorry, very sorry

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

Jonghyun swear that the next time he saw Taemin, he won’t only beat him; he will kill him.

              It has been three days since the accident and Hyehee could be discharged today. Jonghyun came to her ward early in the morning to help with the paperwork because god knows where Taemin is. “Still can’t reach him?” the agent asked on the phone while he walked back to the ward.

              “You’re the best agent in Seoul, if you can’t find him, how could I?” Key answered on the other line, Jonghyun sighed. “I’ll call you later.” He said, before hanging up the call and sliding his phone back into his back pocket. “Lee Taemin, do you not care about Hyehee anymore.” Jonghyun muttered under his breath, ugh, Lee Taemin…

              “Jonghyun oppa, you’re done?” Hyehee asked as soon as Jonghyun stepped his foot inside the ward. She has done packing her stuff and was waiting for Jonghyun while using her phone. She too, has been waiting for Taemin to text or calls her since he didn’t appear even once to visit her. She has no idea what happened between Taemin and the others but it seemed like she can’t reach him too.

              “Yup, let’s go.” Jonghyun gave her a smile, picking up her bag of things while scratching his head. He wanted to ask her whether did Taemin contact her but when they were about to go out of the ward, someone burst opened the door – Taemin.

              The moment Jonghyun saw Taemin standing in front of them; he felt his anger level rising. For the past three days this guy was missing, not answering calls nor replying texts, and if he’s here now to apologize, Jonghyun is going to kill him. “What do you want?” Jonghyun thundered as he lightly push Hyehee behind him, shielding her from Taemin. But Taemin merely took a quick look at him before ignoring him, diverting his full attention to his girlfriend.

               “Please, Hyehee, we need to talk.” Taemin said, panting as though he has been running all the way to the hospital just for her. “Hey—,”

              “Jonghyun oppa,” Hyehee reached out for Jonghyun’s arm that was blocking her from Taemin, before putting it down lightly. “It’s okay. I’ll go with him.” She gave him a small smile. Taemin heaved a sigh of relief as he put his hand out for Hyehee.

              Jonghyun glanced at Hyehee, and then at her hand which went into Taemin’s, he sighed. He’s never going to be the one, it’s just not possible. He shook his head with a small smirk, what am I thinking, it is Hyehee and Taemin, how can I ever take Hyehee away?

              “If Hyehee came back crying, I’ll ing shoot you.” Jonghyun threatened. “Of course you will,” Taemin nodded at him as he pressed his lips together before taking Hyehee away.

 

 

Hyehee was holding onto the strap of her sling bag as if her life depended on it. It has been awhile since they entered the mall that Taemin drove her to, and Taemin haven’t said anything.

              Taemin flex his fingers, occasionally turning his head to take a look at Hyehee, since when the two of them becomes this awkward? He wanted to hold her hand but he also noticed how tightly she holds onto her strap as though she doesn’t want him to hold her.

              “Remember that time we came here to shop and you were being a —,” Taemin paused and cleared his throat. “I mean, you were having mood swing.” He corrected. Hyehee took a glance at him and nodded her head. She remembered coming here with him on the very same day he was discharged from the hospital after the handing over ceremony. Gosh, it’s been so long isn’t it?

              Taemin stopped before a café and stood there for a moment before Hyehee realized she was walking without him. Turning around, Hyehee saw Taemin looking at the menu of the café. “A cup of hot peppermint double chocolate?” Taemin asked, it was the same drink that he got for her the other time. Hyehee smiled, and they went into the café.

              When Taemin came back with drinks and a plate of red velvet cheesecake, Hyehee had a small smile on her face. “Cheesecake again,” She asked. “Don’t you like it?” Taemin smiled and place her drink in front of her and the plate of cheesecake in the middle of the table before taking his own drink off the tray. “I love it.” Hyehee answered, taking a sip of the warm drink.

              “When was the last time we had drinks and talk over a piece of cake?” Hyehee questioned absentmindedly. When they were in California, they didn’t have time for these. Even if they had, they spent it over shopping and movies, not sitting down and having talks.

              Taemin made himself comfortable in his seat as he watched Hyehee sipping on her drink. He blinked, and cleared his throat, deciding to start on the topic. “Hyehee…”

              “Hmm?” she leaned on the table after putting her drink down. She picked up her fork and started stabbing into the cake. “I’m sorry.” Taemin apologized and Hyehee stopped moving for a second. Without eating, she put her fork down. “I want to explain everything to you, and I want you to know that you’re the only one in my heart.”

              Hyehee had a small smirk this time; she leaned back against her seat as she sighed. “Do you know that Minjung came to find me the other time, and do you know what she said to me?”

              “Does it matter what she said to you? What matters now is what I’m going to say.” Taemin said bluntly, leaning forward and staring at her in the eyes.

               “She told me that you likes her and ask me to get out of the picture. Well, in a nicer way.”

              Taemin sighed. “I don’t like her, Hyehee.” He emphasized. “I admit I got close to her but that was for a purpose.”

              Hyehee snickered, “what? Don’t tell me she was your long lost sister or something. What do you think you’re doing? Filming a drama?”

              Taemin pressed his lips together. “…Yeah. Long lost sister, exactly.” For a moment Hyehee laughed. But when she noticed how serious Taemin is looking, she realized what he was saying was probably true. “Same birthday, identical tattoos, and the fact that Sehun and her weren’t biological siblings; everything just seemed too coincidence. I've my reason for suspecting.”

              “Have you—,” Hyehee paused, she wanted to ask if he did a test but when she realized she knew it only now, she felt distrusted. “You’ve been suspecting all along, and you get close to her for a purpose. But why are you telling me only now?”

              Taemin swallowed. “So you think it’s funny to see me break down because I'm jealous of you hanging out with who supposedly is, your sister?” Hyehee asked aloud.

              “No, Hyehee. I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want to let anyone know about this. After all it’s just my guess.” He explained.

              “Does Jonghyun and Key oppa know?” Hyehee retorted but Taemin didn’t respond. “They do right?”

              He slouched into the seat as he hesitantly nodded. Hyehee sneered. “So this is how it is. I’ve been there with you all these time and you don’t want to tell me things. After all, you still are closer with your brothers.”

              “That’s not it, Hyehee.” Taemin protested. He leaned forward again. “Look, I’m not here to quarrel again. I'm here to apologize. Please, can you just—,”

              “Forget it. Taem.” Hyehee cut off his sentence as she stood up with her bag, and Taemin watched as she left the café. He sighed. When Hyehee calls him Taem instead of tae oppa, s got real.

 

 

“When can I be discharged?”

              “You’re involved in an accident, and you almost died. What do you think?” Sehun answered when he came back from refilling the water. “But I thought I heard Hyehee has already been discharged.”

              “Her injuries weren’t bad. But yours were bad, so bad that you got Lee Taemin’s blood flowing in you right now.”

              Minjung sighed. Right, Lee Taemin. She hasn’t seen him for the past three days nor hears anything about him. Is he really her brother?

              “Sehun, where is the result?”

              “What result?” the younger one raised a brow, dropping himself on the seat beside the bed as he started scrolling down the newsfeed of his social media account. “The DNA test. I know you have it with you.”

              Sehun stopped moving for a second, he blinked. “Have you seen the result?” Minjung questioned. “I have not.” The young lad said, breathing out heavily as he continue looking at his phone.

              Minjung sighed. “Sehun, I watched you since young. You know that I know it when you’re lying. You know the result right?”

              “Why do you even care if I know the result or not? The result doesn’t matter. Lee Taemin is gone and he won’t be back for you anymore. Isn’t it obvious that he’s never going to be yours?” Sehun blurted angrily, why can’t Minjung just look at him and not anyone else?

              She sighed again. “I’ll ask one more time. Where is the result?”

              This time, Sehun put his phone away and sat up straight. He stares at Minjung. “I burnt it, and so what if I did?”

              Minjung swallowed. She doesn’t know if she should be angry or relief because part of her wants to know the result but another part of her didn’t want to. She doesn’t want to feel disgusted with herself for falling in love with her brother. But at the same time, she really was curious, is Lee Taemin really her brother?

              Sehun sighed when he saw Minjung not reacting to his words. He reached out for her hand and held it, since when was his sister’s hand so small?

              “Minjung, please, everything was fine before Lee Taemin came in. Why would you allow someone like him to ruin your life?” Sehun questioned gently, rubbing his thumb in circles on Minjung’s hand.

              “You don’t understand…Sehun.” Minjung frowned sadly, she removed Sehun’s hand from hers as she covered herself up with the blanket and turning away from him.

              Sehun swallowed, of course I do. When you’re busy loving someone else, I’m busy loving you.

 

 

When Taemin came home, he knew immediately where to spot her. Hyehee was sitting on the window ledge again, overlooking at the city as she had her leg up against her chest and hugging herself. It was the same situation again and Taemin felt so glad to be able to find her at home after roaming around the mall for hours.

              “Hee…” Taemin mumbled, walking over to her and sat down on the ledge next to her. Hyehee was looking out of the window, eyes unfocused with tears stain visible on her face. Taemin sighed, shifting and pulling her into his arms. “No amount of sorry is able to make up to the tears you shed for me. But I promise I’ll be here with you always. Please, don’t cry anymore.” He hushed into her ear.

              Hyehee still remained motionless, she didn’t return the hug nor did she speak a word, and the worst thing is that Taemin is getting restless about it. “Baby, come on. Say something.” He stared into her unfocused eyes as soon as he pushed her slightly away from him. He sighed as he gritted his teeth, “you have to say something if not I won’t know—,”

              Hyehee sneered, she could almost feel that Taemin doesn’t want to talk to her anymore because she was throwing a fits but then again, does she not have the right to be angry at him after all he has done? She blinked and glance at him. “Are you getting restless at me right now?”

              Taemin lowered his head and took a deep breath as he closed his eyes. He was indeed getting restless and how he wish he could just ignore everything. But because it’s Hyehee, he can’t. He looked up again. Without knowing what to do, he pulled her into his arms with a hand behind her head and another around her frame.

              “I’m sorry for everything. I probably said I’m sorry so many times that you are tired of hearing it but if saying it a million times is going to make you feel better, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

              Hyehee sighed, leaning herself into the embrace that she was so familiar with. She returned the hug, but her tears still won’t stop falling. She doesn’t know why, her heart was aching so badly even when he was here with her, so close. Taemin sighed into the nape of her neck, he hugged her so tightly, giving her the warmness of his body in the cold night. He doesn’t want her to cry anymore, he wanted to mend her back together, he wanted to make things right.

              And so he starts to nibble on her neck, sending chills down Hyehee’s spine as she arches her back. “I’m sorry,” Taemin whispered against her skin, trailing down kisses from her neck to her collarbone, and Hyehee tilted her head up for Taemin to have easy access. She took a breath as Taemin’s hands goes up to her face, wiping off the tears from her face.

              He pulled her closer by her waist, shifting her so that she was sitting on his lap. “I’m sorry,” he breathed on her lips, before capturing it fully with his. He nibbled on her upper lips, occasionally teasing her with his tongue and whenever that happens, Hyehee would let out a chuckle.

              As seconds goes by, the kiss wasn’t just about nibbling and teasing anymore. It was more about fighting for dominance. Each time Taemin won, with his tongue fighting with hers inside , Hyehee would bit it lightly as a way for him to get out. The night was quiet, with only the sound of their heavy breathing. They couldn’t breathe, but they didn’t stop. It was like Taemin was no longer trying to ask for forgiven but instead, he wants her. The way Hyehee clutched onto him was also turning him on so badly he wanted their bodies to merge into one.

              Hyehee breathed heavily as Taemin leaves her lips, before kissing down her neck again. His hands were roaming, from her shoulder to her back, down to her hip and her thigh. He swallowed, and in that position, he could clearly hear Hyehee’s heartbeat, it was pounding so loudly. “I’m sorry,” he said again, staring into her alluring eyes this time.

              She hung her arms around his neck loosely with her forehead against his, with her eyes closed, she took a deep breath. “Make me yours.” She whispered. Perhaps that’s all she needs to make her feel secured. She wants to be his, she need to be assured that she will be his, and no one else.

              Taemin gave her a kiss on her cheek, smiling before carrying her up and heading to the bedroom.