iv | They are similar, and he forgot about their date

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

“I’m sorry,”

              It was the first thing Taemin said after a long silence with Jiyong’s eye almost killing him with glares. “I should have known that whatever happens, I still have my Hyehee.” But no one really knows that there’s another thing on his mind right now, and that thing is somehow making him so, screwed up.

              “Yeah, you know, you still have your little girlfriend.” Minjung cut in casually as though they were in this together. She pat on his shoulder and gave him a smile.

              “Who are you to talk here?” Taemin snickered, staring at her with this glare that seemed to send a shiver down Minjung’s spine. “I’m just saying, what are you getting upset for?” She frowned. She wasn’t going to give in, who the hell is Lee Taemin? She’s the King.

              “Just saying? I don’t remember you have any right to say anything, do you?” Taemin retorted, turning away to face Jiyong instead.

              Coming here to start quarrel with Minjung wasn’t his intention, but somehow or rather, it just pissed him off so much. “Why are you here today anyway? Alone.” Jiyong asked with a sigh. What’s with these two?

              “I need to have a talk with you, if someone could excuse us.” Taemin rolled his eyes.

              Minjung gritted her teeth as she move a seat nearer to Taemin, closing the gap between them. “Excuse me, I have all rights to be here and, is there something I shouldn’t know?”

              Taemin inhaled deeply and faced Minjung with a very displeased face, “You want to know? I want to talk s about you. I hate you the first time I saw you and I hope you don’t exist in the conversation whereby I’ll be talking about you.” He snapped.

              Jiyong paused in his cleaning and looked up to see the two of them staring at each other with death glares, and somehow, he realized, they kind of look alike.

              Sighing, he put down whatever he was holding and leaned on the counter. “Do any of you realize that you two look like each other?”

              “What?”

              “What?”

              Both of them said at the same time. “I don’t look like this .”

              “I don’t look like this .” They said again.

              Jiyong was speechless for a second, whatever, he thought, and resume to his wiping of glasses.

              “Who cares if you’re going to talk about me, I’m not leaving,” Minjung rolled her eyes and looked away. The fact was that she couldn’t stand looking at someone who looked maybe a little like her, and worst still she just realized when Jiyong mentioned it.

              Taemin gritted his teeth and grabbed a bottle of liquor from within the counter, and Jiyong don’t even bother stopping him or asking him anything. He sighed, pouring himself a cup of liquor with one of the glasses that Jiyong just wiped. And one cup soon turns into many shots.

              “He’s going to get himself drunk. Minjung, I suggest you stay and watch. It’s a rare sight for Lee Taemin to get wasted.” Jiyong jokingly said.

              Minjung sat there and stared at the guy beside her who was literally pouring liquor down his throat as though they were water, “is it really going to be fine?” she asked, judging by the way he was drinking, it looked like he wanted to die.

              “It will be okay, like I said, it’s a rare sight. Once in a while you need to drink to forget sad things.” Jiyong nonchalantly said.

              Sad things? How sad must he get to be drinking like this? Minjung thought.

 

 

Hyehee couldn’t help but stare at the clock hanging on the wall near the television, and when Jonghyun noticed it, he chuckled.

              “Did he say what time he will be back?”

              “He said he’ll be back in the afternoon. I don’t know.” Hyehee answered half-heartedly, laying her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder and sighed.

              Jonghyun raised one of his brows as he glanced at the clock that showed 4.42PM. Taemin usually won’t be late, especially when he’s meeting his precious girl. So why is he late now?

              “Want to give him a call?” He asked, accidentally giving a light kiss on top of Hyehee’s head as though she was his. Nah, everyone dote on Hyehee because she’s Taemin’s little ‘sister’.

              Hyehee didn’t seem to notice, perhaps it was too light and Jonghyun was glad of it. She shook her head; she doesn’t want to disturb Taemin, what if he was doing something important?

              How important is it that he forgot about her?

              She sighed again. “I’ll go prepare, Tae oppa might be back at any time.” She smiled.

              Jonghyun watched as Hyehee get off the couch and head up the stairs. He sighed, furrowing his brows as he took his cellphone from the tea table.

              Wru?

              He sent a text to Taemin and expected an instant reply. Taemin don’t usually ignore texts, he was always available.

              But after half an hour of staring at the 4th movie of the day on TV, his brows furrowed again at the sight of his phone not receiving any message. What the hell?

              “Jonghyun oppa, do I look okay with this?” He heard and when he turned back at the stairs, he saw Hyehee standing there dressed in a white floral dress with her hair tied up.

              He grinned, “You look awesome.” He wanted to say beautiful but the word awesome came out much smoother.

              Taemin, you better come back or reply my text. You’re missing out your precious girl’s beautiful moment.

              “Did Tae oppa call?” Hyehee asked, walking over and slammed back down on the couch. Regretfully, Jonghyun shook his head. “You know, he might not come back.” He said.

              “He will, why not?” Hyehee innocently defended, why would her Tae oppa lie to her, right?

              The agent kept quiet, putting an arm over Hyehee’s shoulder for her to lie on.

 

 

Taemin had his head face down on the table.

              “He’s done.” Minjung said, staring at the drunken fellow who’s literally dead.

              “I guess so too,” Jiyong coughed. “He’s your responsibility now.”

              She stared at him with her eyes widen, “What? I’ve a business to run. Look at the time now, people will be coming in soon.” Jiyong replied with his back facing her. “Make a call to Sehun or something, his school ended way earlier.”

              And after forty-five minutes of waiting, Sehun appeared in the club with a grumpy face. “What’s with that face?” His sister groaned.

              “One after another,” the tall guy mumbled quietly. “GD hyung, you should really ban people from coming in if they can’t drink.” And although Sehun was complaining, he still carries Taemin by pulling on his arm and putting it over his shoulder.

              Jiyong remained silent as he leaned on the counter, watching as how the siblings were struggling with Taemin. And before Sehun left, he glanced at the empty bottles lying around the counter.

              4 bottles of hard liquor, what the hell?

              How is this even possible that Taemin’s only drunk and not dead?

              Sehun clenched his teeth and took a look at the drunken lad, ‘who the hell are you?’

              “You came faster than I thought. Well, actually I thought you won’t be coming,” Minjung said while buckling her seatbelt. Sehun came into the driver seat after dumping Taemin at the back. “As much as I don’t want to come, I won’t leave you alone with a guy who was drunk.”

              Minjung made a face but Sehun didn’t see it. The car journey was quiet and Sehun looked so grumpy that Minjung feel like saying something. Stupid little brother.

              “Hee…” they heard something coming from the back.

              “Seriously, what’s next?” Sehun grumbled and their car entered the tunnel.

              “Hye….” Taemin murmured inaudibly. Minjung turned her body and stared at the figure lying at the back seats. It was dark, so she couldn’t really see his face. The lights reflected on his face and something sparkled at Taemin’s eyes.

              It took a while for her to realize that it was tear that sparkled.

              For some reason, she felt her hearting aching and when she placed her hand over at her chest, Sehun saw it.

              “What’s wrong?” He asked in concern.

              “I don’t know,” Minjung answered, turning her body back to the front. “It felt uncomfortable.” She continued.

              “Get some rest.” Sehun said and unknowingly run a hand down her hair, patting her like a little girl.

              “Umm,” his sister mumbled, slouching against the seat and staring out of the window.

               After a fifteen minutes’ drive, Sehun drive into the garage of their landed property. “I’ll put him in the guest room, why not you go up first?” and by the time Sehun killed the engine, he saw Minjung had fallen asleep. ‘I thought you just freaking slept for two days, what are you?

              He sighed, tilting his head and looked at the one behind.

              Taemin was lying there with his legs curled up close to his chest; he was sleeping soundly, as though he hasn’t had a good sleep since forever.

              Sehun scoffed, and looked back at his sister.

              Weird.

              They looked so alike somehow.

              How weird.

 

 

“Shall we go out and eat something? Key said he still has one more meeting to go.” Jonghyun said as he locked his phone after reading the text Key just sent him.

              Hyehee didn’t move, she just stared at the credits rolling up on the screen after the 6th movie they watched for the day. “Do you want to call Taemin?” Jonghyun questioned but Hyehee shook her head for the nth time that day.

              He sighed, “Actually I tried sending him texts, but he didn’t reply to any.” He confessed.

              Hyehee’s eyes lit up, “Could it be something happened?”

               ‘What could have happened to Lee Taemin…?’ Jonghyun mocked but he kept his thought to himself.

              He sighed again, stood up and stretched his body. He hasn’t been moving for hours and now he felt numb everywhere. “Let’s go, we are going out to eat. I’ll ask Key to join us later.” He said and pulled Hyehee up from her slouching position.

               “But—” Hyehee stood still in her position, her expression like that of a lost puppy. Jonghyun heaved a sigh; maybe he should make one last call to Taemin.

               “Hello?” but when the other party picked up a call, he was surprised to hear a girl’s voice.

              Jonghyun made a smile to Hyehee, assuring her that everything will be alright before walking to away to the kitchen acting as though the call didn’t get through. Once he was inside there, the twinkle in his eyes disappeared. “Who are you?” His voice was low, almost a growl.

               “Who are you?” the girl spoke up again, sounded rather arrogant, and Jonghyun didn’t like it. He clenched his teeth. “Get Lee Taemin on the line.”

               “You haven’t answered my question.

               And Jonghyun heard something snapped in the back of his mind. He wanted so much to curse at the phone but when he saw Hyehee looking at his way, he forced a smile.

               “I’m his brother just get him on the line please.”

               “Brother? You’re Jinki?

               Jonghyun went stunned when he heard the name ‘Jinki’, why would some random girl know Jinki? Who the hell is this girl??

               “Enough, woman. Who the are you?” He finally snapped.

               “

               “Hey, answer me!” Jonghyun hissed with a low voice and it’s not helping when Hyehee started walking towards him.

               “He’s sleeping.” And the call hung up.

               The agent was bewildered by the reply; he stood there still holding his phone against his ear. What did he just hear?

               “Jonghyun oppa?” Hyehee called out, “Did the call get through? What did he say?”

               Jonghyun blinked, holding his phone away from his ear and sliding it into his back pocket. He beamed, “No, it didn’t. I was leaving a voice mail for him. Let’s go for dinner.”

               “What do you want for dinner?” Jonghyun threw his arm around Hyehee’s shoulder.

 

 

“What’s with this guy?” Minjung stood by the bed and muttered into the phone that she dug out from Taemin’s pocket. It has been vibrating since forever and when she finally decided to answer it, it was a guy claiming to be his brother.

               “What?” Sehun popped his head into the guest’s room as soon as he heard his sister. “By the way, how long do you plan to stay in this room alone with a guy who got drunk?”

               “Why are you worrying about me, just go to bed won’t you?” Minjung hissed.

               The guy lying on the bed flinched at the noises, he turned his body and back-faced Minjung who turned and glanced at him. The manly figure of a rebellious guy attracts her but there’s just this sense of familiarity that she can’t get rid of in her heart. Sehun leaned against the door frame and watched as his sister lost herself in staring at Taemin.

               “Who the hell is this guy,” Sehun said under his breath.

               He took a deep breath and folded his arms before walking away.

               Minjung frowned; she crawled onto the bed and sat cross-legged beside Taemin. Unknowingly, she had her hand brushing through his hair and she was shocked at how silky it was. ‘So comfortable,’ she thought.

               She brushed his fringe aside to disclose his beautiful distinct features, it was so delicate.

               But she had no idea why, she felt like she was touching her own face when she was touching his. Minjung trailed her finger along his brows, his nose bridge, his seemingly soft and warm lips…

               ‘What the .

               She shut her eyes tightly and moved away from Taemin.

               “What the ?”

               She snapped her eyes open and saw Taemin looking at her apathetically. He grabbed his forehead and massaged his temples lightly. “How much did I drink?” His voice was hoarse like he hadn’t drink for days.

               “I don’t know,” Minjung looked away embarrassedly, “three to four bottles of hard liquor I guess.”

               Taemin closed his eyes again. “,” he uttered under his breath. At this moment he doesn’t care where he is, he doesn’t care who is beside him, and he certainly don’t remember he had a date with his beloved sister.