ix | Not his biological sister, Minjung came to her

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

Hey Taem, sorry to call in the morning, it’s just…err, I’ve something to tell you. Can I see you later at night, at the restaurant in the center of town? I’ll be there at eight. So…see you?

              Taemin raised one of his brows. It was still quite early in the morning when he saw a voice mail from Minjung on his phone, of course, he made sure Hyehee wasn’t anywhere near him.

              ‘Restaurant?’ he thought to himself, what will she be saying, that they have to meet in restaurant?

              “Breakfast is ready!” Hyehee yelled from the kitchen. Taemin put his phone on the bedside table before walking out to the kitchen.

              “So are we going later?” Hyehee asked when she placed a cup of milk on the table. “Going?” He asked, circling Hyehee from her back and pecking a kiss on the back of her neck.

              She smiled, “I thought you wanted to buy necessities.”

              “Oh,” he stopped breathing for a second. “Shall we go tomorrow? Today will be crowded, it’s a Sunday. Moreover, Jiyong asked me to go over at night; he had something to tell me,” he lied.

              Hyehee raised a brow, “Why not.”

 

 

“Where are you going tonight?”

              “What?” Minjung questioned when she turned around, and Sehun was standing there staring at her as if she had done something wrong.

              “I heard that. You called the restaurant for reservation. Who are you going with?” Sehun asked sternly. “Why do you care who I’m going with?” Minjung answered nonchalantly.

              She doesn’t know how her brother was feeling when he knew his sister wasn’t his anymore. So as Sehun grabbed her hand when she walked past him, her eyes widen in shock.

              “Don’t go.” He said, with his eyes staring in the distance. He couldn’t afford to lose her sister, he doesn’t know but he kind of wants his sister to look at him, and him only.

              “What was that for?” she frowned, shrugging her arm away from his grip but he tightens it so hard that her face had to scrunch at the pain. “I said not to go.” Sehun looked down at his sister, it was hard for Minjung to notice but his eyes were getting teary.

              “What were you saying?” Minjung doesn’t understand what he was saying and why he was reacting like this, what happened to the little rebellious brother Sehun?

              “Don’t go to Taemin.” Sehun said. “Please.”

              Minjung blinked, she watched as Sehun’s adam apple moves up and down, “What...” ‘—do you mean by that?’ She couldn’t ask the question out loud.

              “I said don’t go to Taemin, don’t see him anymore.” Sehun swallowed a lump of saliva, “just stay being mine.”

              Minjung froze. It was as if she was rooted to the ground and the world almost stopped for her.

              What did she just hear?

              “I’m your ing sister,” she bluntly said. “Are you ing out of your mind?”

              Sehun closed his eyes with his brows furrowed together, “Oh Minjung—”

              “Noona!” Minjung yanked her arm away from his grip. “It’s noona. I’m your older sister. Keep that in your ing mind.” She jabbed her finger on his head with force that his head got pushed away.

              Such an insult, he thought. He’s a big guy, and he liked his sister, who was not even his biological sister. What exactly is wrong with liking someone? Why must he be jabbed in the head?

              Sehun turned to Minjung with a disappointing look, as if to tell her that he was upset with her actions. She glanced at him.

              “Taemin is not going to like you. You will come back to me.” Said Sehun; and Minjung just looked as though she doesn’t know him anymore.

 

 

“What time are you going over to Jiyong’s? Can I go?” Hyehee walked over to Taemin who was sitting on the couch watching television after breakfast. She handed him a cup of fresh hand-made lemon juice that she squeezed after washing up the plates.

              “Nah, I don’t know how long it’s going to take. It’s better if you rest at home.” He patted on her head like he used to when they were young. He took over the cup with a hateful expression; he doesn’t like drinking this but Hyehee insisted that it was good for his health.

              “Okay then,” she took Taemin’s arm and hung it over her shoulder, snuggling herself into his warm embrace, she smiled.

              “Are you tired?” He asked gently, smelling the top of her head and planting a kiss there with his eyes closed. He had always liked Hyehee’s scent, she smelled like a flower.

              “A little,” she closed her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder. “It’s so nice to be in your arms, Taemin.”

              He had a wide smile playing on his lips, “it’s all yours, baby.” And he tightens his arms around her.

              Both of them were quickly falling asleep, until Taemin’s phone rang with Sehun’s name on it in the bedroom. Taemin took a glance at Hyehee who was fall asleep, before praying in his mind that the other party better hang up before Hyehee woke up.

              But no, the call kept ranging. He sighed; he doesn’t want to wake his girl up, so Taemin had no choice but to carefully remove his arm around Hyehee. Whoever is on the line, you.

              “What do you want?” Taemin answered the call hostilely, but not raising his voice fearing that Hyehee might wake up. “I want to see you, right now. I’m at Jiyong hyung’s.

              “What do you t—”

              He raised one of his brows when Sehun hung up on him. “What the . Ugh.” He cursed, before quickly grabbing his wallet and car key off the table top.

              He headed to Hyehee first, kissing her forehead and whispering in her ear while running a hand over her hair. “I’m going off first; call me when you wake up. I love you.” and he made sure she got his words by waiting for her to nod, and when she did, he smiled, planting another long kiss on the head of the girl he loved more than life itself.

 

 

“Why in the world… are the both of you here?” Jiyong sighed. He probably got used to it when whenever something happens; it will always be in his pub.

              “Sehun wanted to see me. Let’s see, I don’t remember we had anything to talk about?” Taemin had a small smirk and Sehun very much feel like punch the smirk off his face.

              “Leave my sister alone.” The younger one said. “Get out of her sight. Better still; go back to where you come from.”

              “What?” Taemin questioned with a chuckle, “what’s wrong with you? You can’t get the love you deserve from your sister?”

              Sehun frowned, but he didn’t back away from Taemin’s sarcasm. “I love Oh Minjung.” He said, and Taemin couldn’t react for a second.

              Well, Jiyong knew they weren’t biological siblings, and he always knew Sehun looked at Minjung not as a sister but a girl.

                “But isn’t she—” Taemin blabbered the words out of his mouth but Sehun cut him off, “We are not biological siblings.”

              Not biological siblings…

              Doesn’t that mean the chances of her being his twin, increased?

              “Why—” Taemin blinked, it came as a blow too big to him, but the puzzle seemed to fit now. Initially he has been thinking about the existence of Oh Sehun, suspecting whether or not they are siblings, if they are, there’s no way she could be his twin.

              And Sehun had no idea why Taemin’s expression would be so lost…so unfocused.

 

 

On the other side at home….Hyehee’s expression was kind of similar to her lover.

              “…”

              “Do you mind?” Minjung asked, and Hyehee moved aside to let her in after composing herself. She was surprised to see her face when she opened the door; she wasn’t expecting her at all. “You’re here for Taemin?”

              “Is he home?” Minjung asked, kicking her heels off and heading to the living room. “Not at the moment.”

              “That’s better, I’m here for you.” The Taemin-look-alike sat herself down on the couch and crossed her leg.

              “…What?” Hyehee still had a blank expression on her face when she sat herself down at another seat. Unlike Minjung, Hyehee sat formally, with her hands on her knees, and she wasn’t even aware of how tensed she looked.

              Minjung looked around the apartment, spotting simple furniture with little necessities, and only two rooms.

              “Both of you sleeps separately?”

              “We—”

              “It doesn’t matter.” Minjung cut her off with a glance, “I’m here because I thought I had to tell you something.” She said.

              Hyehee frowned; clenching her fists on her knees with her finger nails digging into her palm. “I like Taemin.” Minjung said, and she watched Hyehee, glancing down at her clenched fists, “We are having dinner later, and I’m going to tell him.”

              Hyehee blinked, “but you do know—”

              “I do, both of you went through s together. But Hyehee, can’t you see that recently he had more time with me than you? I mean, isn’t that obvious enough? People change.”

              Hyehee blinked again, she blinked numerous times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming that someone actually, really, came down to her house and tell her that she will be losing her boyfriend soon.

              “You’re meeting him later, at night?” Hyehee questioned.

              “Yes, I left him a voice mail this morning. Didn’t he tell you? Doesn’t he ever tell you about me?” Minjung retorted, as if to tell Hyehee in her face that Taemin is now capable of lying to Hyehee because of her.

              She swallowed a mouthful of saliva, was running dry and she could feel tears forming in her eyes. “I understood.” She breathed.

 

“I thought you wanted to buy necessities.”

              “Oh,” he stopped breathing for a second. “Shall we go tomorrow? Today will be crowded, it’s a Sunday. Moreover, Jiyong asked me to go over at night; he had something to tell me,” he lied.

 

  Hyehee stared at the empty flat. The air surrounding her was so suffocating ever since Minjung left. She breathed, what was she supposed to do now?

              “Jin oppa…” she mumbled to herself, hugging her knees together on the couch. Seoul really just isn’t a place for her. They shouldn’t come back. She shouldn’t come back.

              She thought for a very long time.

              Taemin’s hugs, Taemin’s kisses, Taemin’s voice, Taemin’s warmth, and Taemin’s words; basically, the days and nights without him.

 

Hyehee smiled, snuggling her face into Taemin’s chest. “I love you, Hyehee. You’re mine.” He smelled the top of her hair and planted a kiss there. They hugged so tightly together that their bodies seemed to melt into each other’s already.

 

Hyehee felt an enormous pain in her chest; her heart was hurting so bad.

 

“I couldn’t believe we could be like this,” he said quietly, playing with her hair and kissing the top of her head occasionally.

               “Why?” She rested her head on his chest, running her fingers on it to tickle him but apparently he wasn’t tickled.

               “Because I love you too much, I don’t dare to imagine one day we could be together…” he sighed, pulling her up and hugging her so tightly.

 

With sorrow eating her up, she cried in silent.

 

“Hyehee…” He turned her around and cupped her face so that she could look him in the eyes. “Look, I promise I won’t neglect you anymore. I won’t leave you alone at home again okay? I promise.”

              She stared at him, “I really don’t like it when you leave me alone. We used to be together isn’t it? You said I’m the only one left.” She sighed and secretly wishing that her Jin oppa could be here with her.

              Taemin closed his eyes and pulled her into his embrace. “I’m sorry.” He whispered into her ear and gave her a kiss there. “I love you, baby.”

 

The person she loved the most in her life…

 

“Forgive me,” he whispered in her ear, and she cried even harder. The smell of alcohol infused into her nose and that’s when she knows Taemin probably went drinking again. “I’m sorry, I neglected your feelings. I know recently I’ve not been spending time with you, leaving you alone at home—“

 

Everything is falling apart again…

 

“I’m sorry,” that’s all he could say at the moment, he still doesn’t want to tell Hyehee about Minjung being his sister, he doesn’t want to tell her before anything is confirmed. “I’m sorry,” he repeated again, pulling her towards him and locking her in his arms. “I love you.”

 

‘Jin oppa…I’m in so much pain, what am I supposed to do? Please, help me.’

 

 

Taemin took a quick glance at his watch; it was still far from 8 o’clock and he doesn’t have the patience to wait that long. Swiftly, he stood up and left the place, leaving Jiyong and Sehun behind, confused.

              “Wait!” Sehun called, he hasn’t done talking. “Lee Taemin! Wait up!” He shouted, but Taemin has no intention to stop or even slow down. When they were out of the pub, Sehun ran up to Taemin and grabbed his shoulder, causing Taemin to jerk back. “I don’t have time for you now, kid.” Taemin said in a low voice, making it sound like he was giving an order.

              Sehun let go of him, staring him in the eyes and looking at him from head to toe. “I don’t get it.”

              Taemin bite his teeth with a frown. “I don’t get it. Why? I’ve been with Minjung with young but now than you appear, all she sees is you.” Sehun continued, shaking his head in disbelief. “This doesn’t make sense. I’m supposed to be the one standing next to her. Not you.”

              “I didn’t ask for it.” Taemin said. “And rest assured, I’ve my own princess to stand with. If you like your Minjung, man up and tell her and not here, comparing yourself to me because—”

              Taemin took a step nearer to Sehun, despite the height difference, Sehun still felt intimidated by Taemin’s aura and the attitude he displayed through his eyes. “I’ll always be better than you.”

              Sehun kept quiet, as though his ability to talk was sealed by Taemin’s overwhelming presence. Taemin gave him a glare before leaving, to find Minjung for the truth.