vi | Jonghyun overreacted

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

“So….what time did Taemin reach home?”

              Key asked when he couldn’t stand the silence they were having. Jonghyun wasn’t usually this quiet, he always have a lot to say.

              “5.47a.m.,” the agent responded.

              Key raised one of his brows as he cut his sausage. ‘So he really waited for Taemin to come back…

              Jonghyun frowned; dropping his utensils loudly on the table and it surprised Key so much he froze. “You know what,” he fumed.

              Key held tightly onto his utensils, looking as though he’s ready to fight Jonghyun, if the agent decided to rage. “Yesterday I called Taemin’s cell phone…and a girl picked up.”

              “And when I asked for her name, or whatever I can identify her with, she doesn’t want to tell me. But what surprise me the most, she knew about Jinki!” Jonghyun widen his eyes and hit his fist on the table at the name of Jinki. “Why would a random girl know about Jinki??”

              Key sighed, looking down at his plate of food and ignoring Jonghyun. “So you were worried about this the whole time? Kim Jonghyun, you’re the best agent in Seoul, I can’t believe it.” He shook his head.

              “Can’t believe what?”

              “Other than Oh Minjung, which girl can it be?” Key looked up and stared right into the agent’s eyes, “I mean, isn’t it obvious Taem has been asking about Oh Minjung, it won’t be a surprise if they were together when you called. Why? You think Taem will find another girlfriend somewhere?”

              He picked up a piece of sausage and put it into his mouth. “Oh Minjung is the only girl Taemin has interests in right now but rest assured, he’s only interested in her because first, you told him that they had the same tattoo, second, they had the same birthday and third which is also the last point, they looked similar.”

              “So?” Jonghyun scoffed.

              “Isn’t it obvious enough? They could be related for all we know.” Key nonchalantly said. He couldn’t believe Jonghyun could be so stupid, considering he was the best agent in MIS which also means the best in Seoul.

              “Kim Kibum!”

              Key and Jonghyun snapped their heads back when they heard Key’s full name being called. Taemin was standing by the stairs and looking back as if to make sure no one was around.

              He made a face to Key when he made his way to them, “I’m not going to let Hyehee know anything before anything is confirmed, no one is supposed to speak a word about this.”

              Key smirked and squinted at Jonghyun. “See, I told you. Taemin knows what he’s doing. You don’t have to worry for .”

              “What? The fact that you’re suspecting Oh Minjung is your sister?” Jonghyun interrogated Taemin when he sat opposite him and he answered by staring back at the agent.

              Jonghyun snickered, “what? The proof you have? This is ridiculous, you’re saying someone is your sister based on the fact that you two have the same tattoos and same birthday and same appearance?”

              Taemin leaned back against his chair, he also thought that it is ridiculous but his feelings couldn’t be wrong. He just felt weird whenever he sees her, the sense of familiarity, it’s for a reason.

              “Are you serious? Lee Taemin? And why the she answered your phone what if Hyehee was the one who made the call, how will you explain this?”

              Taemin put his elbows on the table and rubbed his face with his hands. It was a mistake to overdrink and Taemin regretted. He just lost control, and he had no idea why. “What? Are you speechless now?”

              And he doesn’t understand why Jonghyun was getting so worked up over this, which adds on to his frustration. “Whatever it is, I’ll figure out myself. Both of you stay out of these and no one is supposed to speak a word about this to Hyehee. Got it?”

              Key swallowed the last piece of his food and gulp down the glass of orange juice before clearing his throat to indicate that this is none of his business and of course he won’t say a thing. Taemin knew it and so he focus on the agent in front of him.

              “Fine,” Jonghyun sighed and slouched against the seat. ‘Whatever,’ he thought.

              “Anyway, I found an apartment. It’s kind of far from here but it’s in the city area. The rent was cheaper than I thought and I supposed we will be moving there pretty soon, maybe today.” Taemin said.

              “What?” Both Jonghyun and Key asked. Key didn’t suppose Taemin to find an apartment, considering that he was staying fine here with Hyehee. “Why? Are you not happy staying here? We are together here, having breakfast together and seeing each other every day, what’s wrong?” Jonghyun voiced out what Key wanted to say but he sounded way more alarmed.

              “I just thought that I shouldn’t trouble Key anymore. Moreover if we’re staying for good, we couldn’t keep living in someone’s guest room right?” Taemin smiled. “Anyway, thanks for everything.” He patted on Key’s shoulder, giving him a smile that Key is not familiar with.

              “Well, it is okay if you want to continue s—…” Key said but stopped, “umm... You’re welcome, Taem.” He smiled but the curves on his lips quickly go back to normal.

              Jonghyun snickered. “What, are you going to be Oh Minjung’s next door neighbor or something?”

              Taemin took a slight glance at Jonghyun before standing up, “I don’t care if you hate her. I’m still going to find out the truth behind our similarities. Jonghyun, I might need your help. You’re a professional spy—…”

              “I’m not a spy, I’m an agent. There is a ing difference.”

              Key’s brows furrowed as he rubbed his face, he sighed.

              Taemin stood there, speechless as he his dried lips. “You got my point.” He said before leaving the dinner table.

              Key sighed again, louder this time and it caught Jonghyun’s attention. “What the hell?” He grunted. “What the hell you, Kim Jonghyun. What is wrong with you? Why are you getting so upset over this whole thing, especially when it doesn’t even concern you?”

              Jonghyun pointed at himself speechlessly as he opened his mouth trying to defend himself, but this whole thing really doesn’t concern him. “Whatever man, whatever.” He slammed his hands on the table and pushed himself up. “I’m not going to say a anymore do what you all want. So much for being brothers.”

              “What the,” Key almost face-palm himself but glancing at the wall clock; he’s going to be late for a conference call.

 

 

“Hyehee, are you done?” Taemin came into the room and Hyehee was still in the bathroom. He walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, “Coming out soon!”

              He heaved a sigh; he doesn’t really know what to do with Oh Minjung, what should he start off with to investigate, the tattoo? What should he do with the tattoo, the tattoo artist? It was like something lit up in the back of his mind, the tattoo artist definitely know something, or rather everything. How should he find the tattoo artist then?

              “Jiyong,” he mouthed to himself and he looked around the mattress for his cell phone. He rolled over to the bedside table when he couldn’t find it. “,” he cursed when he remembered he probably left it at Minjung’s house.

              He stood up and walked over to the dressing table to look for Hyehee’s phone. He goes through her bag when Hyehee stepped out from the bathroom. “What are you looking for?” She almost got a shock at how anxious Taemin looked right now. “Ah,” Taemin blinked and stopped right away when he had an eye contact with the girl who just came out from a steamy bathe. “I couldn’t find my phone so I wanted to call using your phone.”

              Hyehee stared at him, and for a moment she forgot that he was her precious tae oppa. Since when Taemin has turned into someone that everyone is not familiar with?

              “It’s on that sofa I guess,” she pointed at the red velvet couch near the window. “I was surfing the net last night while waiting for you…” her voice trailed off at the end of her sentence when Taemin wasn’t even listening. He almost rushed over to the couch and took her phone before leaving the room quickly.

              Hyehee stood still in her spot with a wet towel hanging around her neck. She walked over to the door and heard Taemin on the phone with someone else. She leaned her head against it.

              “My phone is with you, right?

              “I’ll get it back.

              And when Taemin opened the door again, she swiftly moved to the dressing table and pretend that she was drying her hair. “Who was that?”

              “What?” Taemin didn’t hear her as he walked over to return her the phone. He sat on the dressing table. “I asked who that was.” Hyehee lowered her voice and she wasn’t getting pleased with how Taemin is treating her right now.

              “Ah, a friend. I went to find him yesterday for a drink and erm I accidentally left my phone there. I’m going to get it back now so I’ll see you later okay,” he pecked a quick kiss on Hyehee’s forehead and gave her a hug.

              “And by the way, we are moving to our new apartment tonight so just pack a bit before I come back. I promised I won’t be late this time okay,” he smiled.

              Hyehee returned a smile, she always like it when Taemin smiled at her. It was like ever since Jinki passed away, his smile was her only motivation.

              “See you later,” he stared at her, as though he doesn’t bear for her to leave his vision. “My girl,” he said under his breath when Hyehee wrapped her arms around his waist.

              It was like she knows something was going on and it seemed like she will lose him someday. Her feelings were never wrong.

              He kissed the top of her head and ran his hand down her back. She snuggled closer to him with her dripping wet hair staining his jeans.

 

 

“Who called?” Minjung asked, “And why are you still here? Don’t you have school today?”

              “I don’t have classes today,” Sehun answered and sat on his seat. “Noona, can’t you be more concerned about me? You don’t even know I don’t have classes.”

              Minjung raised one of her brows and passed Sehun his utensils. “Dude, how would I know? You don’t even say anything.”

              Sehun pressed his lips together. He actually does have classes today, but because Taemin said he is coming, he can’t let him and his sister gets alone together. He knew that his sister has something for him. He doesn’t know why and he doesn’t know how but if that’s the case, he’s staying home today.

              No way has he wanted his sister to actually fall for Taemin. No.

              And having someone so similar to her, his simple-minded sister would probably think that Taemin was her soul mate or something.

              He scoffed at the thought. His sister was definitely stupid enough to think like that.

              And all this while Minjung was staring at him, looking at his stupid face. “Oh Sehun, what are you thinking? You looked like you’re thinking how stupid I was.”

              He paused for a second, maybe two.

              “I was right, right? I’ve been looking at your stupid face since young I know what you’re thinking. Aigoo.” Minjung beamed and ruffled Sehun’s hair until it totally went out of style.

              Right, he was her little brother.

              So how can he like her?

              Sehun blinked several times and Minjung was kind of surprised that her brother didn’t scold her for messing up his hair. “Oh Sehun?” She called.

              He sighed quietly. “I’m full,” he said before standing up.

              “What? Wait, you haven’t even eaten—Hey!” by the time Minjung could finish her sentence, Sehun has already left her sight.