Prologue

The Tattoo of the Mafia returns

 

Death.

              It is a type of exit, an escape for those who are brave enough to use.

              …But not for her, Oh Minjung.

              Oh Minjung was a 24 year old young mafia boss. Yeah you didn't see wrongly, Mafia boss. Fifteen years ago, her parents sold her and her brother to the underworld in order to clear their debts. Like hell, which parent would actually do that to their children she thought. But it's true.

              Here she was, sitting on the edge of the building with her leg hanging off. So, what was the reason that she has no courage to die? It was her little brother. Her annoying yet only little brother. Since young, it was only him who would make her stands up whenever she falls. He was her only motivation to continue living.

              A tear dropped out of a sudden as she blinked, rolling down her left cheek and hanging off her chin. Life is tough and she almost had enough of it. She wants to leave and start everything anew but how?

              She is the strongest. The most feared person in the underworld of Seoul. How did she stand at such high level when she was a product that was sold to dirty side of the society?

              Reason simply because two years ago, she killed the boss of the gang that was meant to be the ruler. It wasn't intentionally anyway, she just happened to have a gun, and happened to be forced into a situation where she had to choose between her life and the boss's life. And since then, she was known as, king.

              The wind blows so strongly that the hem of her loose shirt started dancing to the direction of the wind, and a small curled up dragon is seen on the lower back of this girl.

 

 

"Young man, don't you know who you're dealing with right now?" A tough guy in white T-shirt which clearly revealed the dragon tattoo on his arm, said.

              The young man crossed his leg elegantly, leaning comfortably against the velvet seat in the VIP corner of the night club. The corner of his mouth curved into a smirk as he glared at the tough guy.

              "What are you talking about? YOU are the one who don't know who you're dealing with."

              He stirred the glass of wine in his hand, completely ignoring the older guy that look like he was going to kill him with what he got.

              He wasn’t going to let go of this bastard he thought. After all, he's the older one, he can’t lose to a little brat.

              "It seemed you don't get what I mean," And with that, he charged forward before grabbing on the younger's collar, but instead of fighting back, the latter grinned.

              "Look what you just got yourself into."

              In an instant, men in black suit come in all direction and gathered in front of the two. The older guy was stunned before he noticed the tattoos on the men, and it seemed familiar to him.

              Crown.

              "You're part of the king's?" He asked carefully.

              "Bingo!" The younger one laughed, but his expression changed as soon as his laughter died down. He glared at him so deadly that if glaring could kill, the guy would have been dead.

              "Oh Sehun. Remember that."

 

 

The sound of slap echoed in the hallway, surprising the cleaners and some of the guys in the background. Even those inside the rooms also heard it since doors were opened one after another and heads were seen popping out to see what had just happened.

              "What do you think you're doing, acting like one spoilt gangster in that ing pub? And I thought I said no going to that pub anymore?” Minjung said to her younger brother as he looked down in silence. Although she was not yelling at him, but the way she speaks, the kind of face she gives, Sehun was always afraid of stepping on her tail.

               “This is the last time, you better listen up. That pub is out of my control and the next time you create trouble there, no one can help you.” She sighed. Waiting for an answer from her little brother but Sehun was still looking at the ground, with his eyes displaying nothing and his cheek slowly growing red because of the slap earlier.

              Minjung’s heart flinched a little at the sight of red on Sehun’s cheek. She wasn’t feeling happy slapping him either but sometimes she just can’t stand the way Sehun does things. He was the only one left, she can’t afford to put him in danger, in places she can’t see and are not in control, she have to keep him safe.

               “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—” She raised her hand wanting to touch his face but he turned away from it and headed for the door.

              The sister sighed again at the door being slammed when Sehun went out. She felt a little regretful for slapping him but it was what she thinks was the best for him, a lecture. She really wants him to understand how important is he to her and how she can’t afford to lose him.

              Even if it mean him hating her.

 

 

As if on cue, a blue Ferrari drove past him at full speed. He was lost as he took a look at the tail of the car, wondering who could be driving at this hour, at this mountain, and so ridiculously fast.

              Sehun narrowed his eyes at the vehicle in front of him. Challenge accepted. He shifted the gear once he's nearing a corner. Immediately, he increases the velocity. Staying at the inner edge, he uses the gutter as inclination to cut the corner and the next thing he knows, he's leading. He let out a victory smirk.

The night was quiet until the sound of tires screeching began to echo in the surrounding. Soon, a black Mirage and blue Ferrari appeared at the top of the hill, and it seemed that the blue Ferrari managed to cut his lane again.

Sehun got out from his car when he got curious of who’s controlling the wheel in the blue Ferrari. It wasn’t the first time that he came up on this hill but it certainly was the first time he sees this beautiful blue car.

As he approached the car, he saw a couple in there. Both of them were smiling at each other until Sehun decided to tap on the tinted window. The guy in there took a look at him before rolling down the window. “Is there anything?” He asked.

              "You want a battle?" Sehun asked with a hint of unfriendliness. He wasn’t usually this hostile but too bad his sister decided to spoil his mood for the day, in which he wanted to release the stress through speeding, but was beaten by the guy in front of him.

              The guy looked like some models on some magazines that have feline features on the V-shaped face. Wow, he thought, he looks so good that he swear he had never seen him before around here. “I’m sorry?” The guy responded after giving the girl beside him a confused look.

              “Forget it.” Sehun sighed, suddenly losing the mood to race. “What’s your name?”

              “Excuse me? I don’t even know you.” The guy snickered as he rolled the window back up and drove off.

 

 

“The guy back there was scary,” Hyehee said as she leaned back against the seat.

              “Sure he is, asking for my name in the mid of the night without any reasons, he is.” Taemin smirked at the sight of the guy who seemed younger than him, came knocking on his window.

              “It’s only been five years isn’t it, it feels so different now.” She smiled, looking out the tinted window at the scenery passing by.

              “Five years wasn’t long, it wasn’t short either.” He smiled, grabbing her hand as the both of them took a look at each other, until a black Mirage drove past them at full speed, and Taemin scoffed.

              “That guy is really weird.” Both of them said at the same time.

              Hyehee intertwined their fingers together and rested it on her lap. They were back from California.