8th

Hate That I Love You

 

Suho starts his morning with a voice call from Myunghee. He keeps smiling after Myunghee turned off the call. A sweet voice from Myunghee just cherish his day today. He feels enthusiastic to go to office and starts his work. Love at the first sight, that the words to explain his feels right now. He starts to fall in love to Myunghee when they met in the lift two weeks ago. He never experience love before so this is one of the reason why he feels like this. As he eats his breakfast before goes to office, he keeps reading message from Myunghee. Even it just simple and old message, he still saves them in his inbox phone.

 

Good morning Mr. Suho. You have a meeting with XOXO corporation this morning.”

“Just to remind. Mr. Kim wants to meet you at 10AM today.”

“Thanks for taking me lunch.”

 

Formal message up to informal message comes from Myunghee, he reads all of them. Just he feels uncomfortable when Myunghee keeps calling him Mr. Suho even after office hours. He wants to be close to Myunghee. Suddenly, his phone keep ringing loudly for a couple of seconds. He smiles when he sees the phone caller as he picks up the call.

“Hello Myunghee. Good morning my lovely secretary.” His sweet voice hit Myunghee's ears. Myunghee gives short-sweet laugh that makes Suho's heart pounding so hard.

“Hello my lovely boss. Good morning. Are you awake?” Myunghee asks.

 

“I'm ready to go to office. Have you eaten your breakfast?” Suho asks, smiling to the phone.

 

“I'm on my way to the office.” Myunghee speaks. There's short pause between them.

“I just want to remind you about today's event. You need to attend meeting with Mr. Alexander from US. His secretary said Mr. Alexander will be arrived here in 2 hours.”

 

“Okay. I have prepared slide for my presentation. Dont worry. Thanks for reminding me.” Suho says.

 

“Okay Mr. Suho. See you in the office.” Myunghee turns off the call before Suho can says anything.

“See you in the office.” Suho speaks to the phone after Myunghee turns off the call. He smiles to himself.

 

***

 

Myunghee walks out from her bedroom as she sees Jongin was sleeping at the couch in front of the television. She feels a pang inside her heart as she sees Jongin. They become like the first time they met, always quarrel, threatening, keep teasing each other. She misses lovely Jongin, cheerful Jongin, sweet Jongin. She knows it was her fault, she doesnt deserve to ask about Kim Jae Wook but that things keep stuck in her head. Deep in her heart, she feels Jongin is not guilty, not a murderer like she thinks the first time they met.

 

Myunghee sighs as she walks past Jongin as her phone ringing so loudly.

 

“Yes boss. I'm on my way.” She says as she turns off the phone. She takes a glance of Jongin and walks out from her house.

 

Jongin has woke up, gets up from the couch, leaning his back in his seat. He sighs. He can feels the tense between them. He does that thing in purpose just to make Myunghee stay away from him. Myunghee is sweet in person, caring about others while she will suffer if they are being together. Jongin was suspected as murderer and thats make Jongin restless.

 

“Myunghee, I'm sorry. We are not meant together. You will find someone better than me.” Jongin says in his heart.

 

***

 

“Have you eaten?” Suho pokes Myunghee's shoulder from behind when he sees Myunghee walks out from the pantry. Myunghee screams a little.

 

“God! You are scaring me, Mr. Suho.” Myunghee turns her body around while facing Suho.

 

“Oh sorry. I didnt mean to scare out of you. I just want to ask for lunch. Shall we?” Suho says.

 

“But I got a lot of work to do right now. I need to do your appointment with Mr. Saitao from Japan. Dont you remember you have to meet him the day after tomorrow?”
“Yeah I know but I just want to ask for a lunch only. Dont be to rush. Do it slowly or you'll get stress.” Suho smiles.

 

“But---” Suho cuts her off by dragging Myunghee to her desk, taking her handbag and walking out from the office. Myunghee just let her feet do what like Suho instructs.

 

They are going to Chinese restaurant near to their office. Myunghee orders the food just like Suho. She didnt familiar with chinese food.

 

“So I told by Soohyun this morning that you already engaged. Is it true?” Suho starts their conversation while eating.

 

“Yeah true. Family arranged marriage.” Myunghee stop eating, sighing.

 

“I guess you didnt like him right?” Suho asks while Myunghee staring outside the window.

 

“I have been too far I guess. Sorry.” Suho looking down to his plate while saying. Myunghee backs to the reality.

 

“Sorry I didnt hear what you just said.” Myunghee speaks.

 

“Oh nevermind.” Suho says while smiling.

 

“Have you done eating?” Suho asks, peeking to Myunghee's plate. Myunghee nods.

 

They walking out from the restaurant. All of sudden, Myunghee accidentally kicks a big stone in front of her, losing her balance and tumbling in front Suho. Suho shocks that time, rushing off toward Myunghee.

 

“Oh God, are you okay?” Suho asks. His face full of worries.

 

“I'm okay.” Myunghee says as she try to stand up.

“Ouch!” Myunghee screams in pain, sitting back on the floor. She sprains her ankle.

 

“I think I sprained my ankle.” She says in pain.

 

“Let me help you get up. I take you to the clinic.” Suho says. Myunghee let Suho helps her get up, tugging into his shirt to help her walk.

 

There's someone watching them from far. He clenching his fist as soon as he sees them walking out from the restaurant. It was Yixing. He comes to the restaurant to have his lunch but seeing his fiancee with someone else just make his appetite dead. He walks toward them and punch Suho on the face after. That punch makes Suho lose his balance, hitting Myunghee, making them fall at the same time. Myunghee gets shock after she saw Yixing.

 

“Yixing! What the ing wrong of you?” Myunghee yelps. She looks so pissed off. This is the first time Yixing shows his true self.

 

“You are my fiancee. You should know why I am doing this.” His face stone. Hard voice for every words.

 

“Yes I know I'm your fiancee but why the hell you need to punch my boss?”

 

“He flirts with you!” Yixing screams.

 

“I sprained my ankle. He try to help me to walk. Is it flirt?” Myunghee screams back at Yixing while she try to get up and walks away from Yixing with Suho.

 

“Myunghee-ah!” Yixing try to call his fiancee. Myunghee didnt look back.

 

“Myunghee-ah!”

 

They get in the car and leave Yixing alone.

 

***

 

Suho takes Myunghee to the clinic to get some treatment and takes Myunghee home after that. As they arrive at Myunghee's house, Jongin was in the house, peeking them through the window. Jealousy pricks his deep heart. He feels like a stone sitting over the chest. He try to recognize that man by tilting his head to get easy access to look at. He gets shock after know it was his brother, Kim Suho. At first, he thought Myunghee's fiancee sending her home but it was his beloved brother. “He might be Myunghee's new boss.” He thinks for himself.

 

“You look fit with hyung. This is the time I need to back off from your life.” Jongin says. He put his hand over his chest. He can feels his heartbeats is beating for Myunghee.