3rd

Hate That I Love You

 

Myunghee grabs her handbag, clean up her desk, looking up at clock hanging on the wall. Its already past office hour. She needs to go home soon or she will be killed by Jongin. She needs to make dinner for him. “Why I am so pathetic? He's not my husband nor my boyfriend. Why I need to listen to his words?” She sighs.

 

- flashback three days ago-

 

She try to have some sleep after back from work. She needs some rest from the hectic day. All of sudden, Jongin knocks her bedroom and keep screaming her name outside the room. “What the hell?!” She curses under her breath. She try to ignore him, taking a pillow and press over her ears.

 

PRANK!

 

The sound of something break making her jumps. She sits on the bed and all of sudden Jongin already in front of her. She gasps and sees her door was broke by Jongin.

 

“What are you doing? YOU BROKE MY DOOR!” She yells as she stands up, walking to her door.

 

“I call you for thousand times. You dont answer me. So, I just break in.” Jongin shrugs, making innocent face.

 

“DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF TIRED? I'M TIRED, YOU !” Myunghee cant keep calm. Her angry eyes staring into Jongin's eyes. Jongin looks so pissed off and gives smirk smile to Myunghee.

 

“Wait. What did you called me? ?” Jongin walks toward Myunghee. She just realize what she just said. She gulps and step back.

 

“N-no. I'm just joking. I love to make a joke.” Myunghee try to hide her nervousness by faking a laugh.

“But I dont like jokes.” Jongin grabs her wrist, holding it tightly. Myunghee screams in pain.

 

“Jongin please. It hurts. Just let me go.” Myunghee begs for some mercy. Jongin releases his grip, staring at Myunghee. There's anger in his eyes. He cant be soft-hearted in front of Myunghee or else he will be handed to the police soon.

 

“I'm sorry. I should not called you . I'm just too tired. I need some rest.” Myunghee rubs her red mark in her wrist, looking down on the floor.

 

“If you are tired, could you just please open the door and say that you are tired?”

 

“I dont think you will listen to me.” She murmurs like a whisper.

 

“What did you say?” Jongin asks, staring at her. Myunghee shaking her head, side to side.

 

“What do you want from me?” Myunghee asks, walking to the bed and sits at edge of the bed.

 

“I want you to wash my cloth. I dont have any to wear and I want you to make dinner for me. I'm hungry.” Jongin says, making Myunghee's eyes wide open.

 

“I'm not your maid!” Myunghee hisses, trying to keep her voice down. Jongin glares at her, making her looking down on the floor.

 

“You dont have choice or else I call my friend to search where is your parent live and kill them.”

 

Myunghee takes a deep, decisive breath. “Okay then. But please dont hurt my parent.” Myunghee walks out from her room to the kitchen, Jongin follows her behind.

 

Myunghee put kimchi spaghetti on the plate and passes to Jongin.
 

“You're not eating too?” Jongin asks.

 

“No. I need to do the laundry.” Myunghee walks pass Jongin suddenly Jongin grabs her hand.

 

“I know you are hungry. Lets eat together.” Jongin smiles to Myunghee. She turns her head away, blushing. Jongin pulls the chair, patting and signaling her to sit beside him. Myunghee nods and sits silently. Jongin takes a fork and passes to Myunghee.

 

“Eat.” Jongin says. Myunghee nods. They look alike a couple, eating in one plate.

 

“I need you to do me some favor.” Jongin speaks. Myunghee stop eating and look at Jongin. Her face goes blank. “What?”

 

“I want you to wash my clotch, make a breakfast before you go to work and make a dinner for me after you back from work. Can you do that for me?” Myunghee freezes, Jongin waits for her answer. “Tsk this guy. He thinks I am his maid? Big no!” she thinks.

 

She moisten her lips, try to say something. Jongin glares at her, making her close and just nods.

“I have a lot of works to do. Can you just do it yourself?” Myunghee sighs.

 

“I am a man. I cant do laundry, I cant cook.” Jongin lifts his eyebrows, smirking. “So, he thinks I'm his wife? God, please.” her heart whispers.

 

“Dont worry I will pay all of your hard work someday.” Jongin says. “Do you think you will pay me even you are in jailed?” Myunghee sighs again.

“Stop sighing! Say something!” Jongin goes angry.

 

“Kim Jongin-sshi, I will do the laundry and cook for you. Is it enough?” Myunghee says.

 

“I should do the laundry and go to sleep. I am really really tired.” She adds. Jongin shrugs, stands up and walks to his room.

 

-end of flashback-

 

Myunghee walks into her car and suddenly her phone ringing. It was Yixing, her fiancee. She sighs.

 

“Hello.” Myunghee greets.

 

“Hello babe. What are you doing? Can you company me to eat? I'm hungry.” Yixing says.

 

“Right now?” Myunghee asks.

 

“Yes. Are you busy?”

“Not really. But I need to go home soon. I'm tired.”

 

“Please.. just for today. I miss you. Its been a long time we didnt spend our time together.” Yixing's voice is slow, like a whisper, trying to convince Myunghee. She looks at the dashboard. It was 6.15pm.

 

“Okay. Just this time. We meet at our usual place.” finally she's agree.

 

***

 

“Hey~” Yixing greets her fiancee as long as he sees Myunghee. Myunghee gives a thin smile. Yixing pulls a chair for Myunghee to sit.

 

“Its been a long time since our last meeting. I miss you.” Yixing starts to speak. Myunghee just smile, playing with her hand. Yixing clears his throat and calling for waiter that time.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Yixing asks.

 

“Whatever besides I'm not hungry.”

 

“Okay then.”

 

The silence fills the air, making both of them stuffed. Myunghee looks at the outside the window while Yixing is staring at her face. Myunghee turns her head and they are making eye contact.

 

“How are you?” Yixing asks.

 

“I'm just great. How about you?” Myunghee says.

 

“I'm fine but I keep thinking when we will get married? Its been a year already.”

Myunghee sighs. “But I'm not ready yet.”

 

“Can we just try? I mean try to love me and I will do the same. I will make you fall in love with me.” Yixing pulls out his hand and try to touch Myunghee's hand but Myunghee avoids his. Yixing feels slightly hurt.

 

“Can we stop talking about marriage?” Myunghee asks. Yixing sighs but nods after.

 

***

 

Myunghee drives back to home after met Yixing. She bet Jongin will angry with her since its already 9pm right now. She opens the door and finds Jongin is sleeping in front of the television. She glances at the kitchen. The bread that she bought yesterday have none left. “Is he really hungry? Why this guy loves to eat?” She murmurs. She walks to her room suddenly someone calls her name.

“Myunghee-ah, you home?” She turns her head at the couch. Jongin rubs his sleepy eyes, walking toward Myunghee.

 

“I'm sorry. I got works to do at the office. I got pizza for you. Go eat.” Myunghee turns around but Jongin stops her by grabbing her shoulder.

 

“Can I borrow your car? And I need spare keys to your house.” Jongin says. Myunghee furrows her eyebrows.

 

“For what?” She asks.

 

“None of your business. Just give me your car keys and your spare keys.” Jongin says. Her eyes are locked on Jongin, unblinking.

 

“Okay. I have something to do. Is that enough?” Jongin finally give in. Myunghee nods.

 

“Here. But please dont do something stupid.” Myunghee gives the keys and walks to her room after finished talking.

 



***psstt... sorry for the late update.. 

please do subscribe and comment.. its really meant a lot to me ^^