14th

Hate That I Love You

 

“Yah! Stop crying! You make me feel suffocate in here.” Jongin slaps the wall beside Myunghee, making her jumps on her spot. They are in hospital right now.  Fortunately, Suho gets rush to the hospital immediately after ambulance arrives. Myunghee takes a deep breath, trying to gather all her strength and staring at Jongin.

 

“You know why I’m crying?” She says, gets up from her place and walking to Jongin.

“He’s the one that saved me while you are not. You are standing at there not doing anything. You ignore me, you even dont know who I am!” She continues, tears keep rolling down her cheek. She wipes the tears with the back of her hand, walking to the chair and sitting while hugging her knees. Jongin freezes.

 

He closes his eyes, putting his hand over his chest, trying to feel his heartbeats. He try to hate that girl but he cant. He still loves that girl. He opens his eyes, looking at Myunghee. She is covering her face with the both of her hands. Jongin’s heart feels sank at the moment, how he wish he can hug that girl, put her head over his chest and telling her everything will be fine. But that things will be never happen. She has his brother and she deserves Suho than him. All of sudden, tears prick at the end of his eyes. He wipes the tears quickly before Myunghee can see that he is crying.

 

“You know what I feel when I know you were kidnapped by someone and almost get killed last night? I wish I was the one that saved you but—“ His heart screams in the inside.

 

Emergency door opens at that time. Myunghee looks up and sees the doctor walking toward her. She’s ready to stand up.

 

“He is safe.” The doctor smiles while saying.

“But he loses a lot of blood. Luckily, he got hit in the stomach only, far from his heart.” The doctor adds.

 

“Can we visit him now?” Jongin asks.
“Yeah sure. But please give him some rest. He needs more rest.” The doctor says.

 

As she hears what the doctor says, she rushing off to look at Suho. She opens the door, and almost falls down to the ground when she sees Suho lying on the bed. Without thinking about the bone between them, Jongin offers a help by taking Myunghee to the chair and let her sit. Tears continue to run down her cheek to her neck.

 

“Oppa~” She calls. Silent.

 

“Oppa~” She calls again.

 

“Myunghee, stop! He needs a rest and you too. You didnt sleep since last night. Let me take you home.” Jongin says, patting Myunghee’s back. She still crying while holding Suho’s hand, making Jongin’s heart feels pang.

“Myunghee~” Jongin calls.
“I dont want to leave him.” She says.
“But you need a rest too. Dont be stubborn!” He raise his voice.

“But—“

“I take you home and we will visit him after. Dont worry he will be fine.” Jongin cuts her off, persuading her.

 

Myunghee gets up, staring at Jongin.

“Promise me?” Myunghee says, pulling out her pinky finger. Jongin understands her words after, nodding and tight his pinky finger with hers.

 

Jongin put his arm around her shoulder when he sees Myunghee hardly walks by herself. Myunghee doesnt avoid him, she then put her hand around Jongin’s waist, hug him back. Jongin smiles in a moment.

 

***

 

It has been two days and Suho already woke up. Thank God everything is safe now. Kris has been captured by the police and it was true that he’s the one that killed their father.

 

“Oppa, why did you do that thing?” Myunghee asks while feeding a porridge to Suho.

“I dont want anything bad happen to you. Besides, I’m your guardian. Am I right?” Suho smiles.

 

“But—“ Myunghee stops when Suho put her hand over his mouth, kissing them softly.
“You want to know something?”

“Because I was in love with you. I will do stupid things to win your heart.” He continues, rubbing her hand smoothly.

Myunghee’s heart feels stop at a moment when she hears what Suho just said. She never thinks that Suho has a feeling toward her. She thought all his kindness, caring about herself because Suho thinks her as a sister only. She bites her bottom lips, zipping .

 

“Myunghee~” Suho calls. She looks up, facing Suho blankly.

“Will you be my wife?” Suho holds her hand tightly. Myunghee just being silent, leaving his question hanging in the air.

 

Theres someone outside the room, hearing all the conversation. He is leaning his back on the wall, sighing. He cant believe what he just heard. He wants to cry, but theres no tears in his eyes. He wants to scream, but theres no voice to come out. So he takes a decision to leave the hospital.

 

***

 

            Myunghee is really tired that night, dragging herself to the room and throwing her body on the bed. Its really a hard day for Myunghee. Suho just proposed her this morning. But she just leave his question hanging. She didnt know for the answer. She loves Suho but as a brother only. Theres someone that she really loves all her heart and it was Kim Jongin. She takes Jongin’s favourite shirt in the drawer, hugging them. She misses that man. She drifts off to sleep while thinking about Jongin.

 

When she’s in a deep sleep, she feels a burden crush over her body. She groans and opens her eyes. She shocks when she sees Jongin.

“God, what are you—“ Jongin kisses her hard when she try to open . She try to push Jongin, but Jongin catches her hand at that moment.

“Woman, stop!”

She can smell a strong alcohol release from Jongin’s mouth. He was drunk and he doesnt  aware what he does that time.

“Jongin, please no. It hurts!” She try to coax Jongin, but he doesnt listen to her. He keeps molesting her body, keeps kissing wherever he can. She wants to push Jongin away but she cant since Jongin grabs her hand tightly while the other hand try to dodge Jongin’s hand. She shakes her head in refusal, back and forth when Jongin try to kiss her. Jongin groans in anger.

 

“WOMAN, STAY STILL AND LET ME DO MY JOB OR I YOU!” He screams on the face, making Myunghee stop for whatever she does. She closes her eyes shut.

 

“I miss you.”

 

“You’re mine.”

“I love you.”

 

“Nobody can touch you other than me.” She hears Jongin mutters over her ears.

 

“Oh God, this is not what I want.” She prays inside her heart. She loves Jongin. She wants him but not this way. Tears burst at the end of his eyes and she just let Jongin touching herself.

 

***

 

            That morning, she wakes up with a sharp pain in her head. She looks at beside her. No one. Empty. He probably left the house when she still sleeping. She gets up, drags her knees over her chest and crying. She cant believe what just happen last night. That is not what her want. Yes, she loves Jongin but she wants Jongin in a proper way.

 

“God, help me.” She mutters.