Newcomer

Mirrored Selves

Chapter 6: Newcomer

 

A white limo stopped in front of the gates of Tomoe Gakuen.

 

The students paused in their tracks, trying to investigate who this newcomer was. Well, it was not like they haven’t seen a limo before, they were just curious as to who was its passenger.

 

The passenger seat opened.

 

Everybody waited in suspense as to who it was.

 

A petite figure of a girl stepped onto the sidewalk. She had waist-length blonde hair and had blue eyes. She had milky-white skin and had high cheekbones. Her lips were full and had a pinkish tint.

 

A young man in a black tuxedo gently escorted her out of the car. He had black hair and had obsidian eyes. The girl smiled at her butler before placing a hand on her waist.

 

She surveyed the surroundings carefully before giving a nod of approval. “Tomoe Gakuen, hmm~?” She hummed softly and gave a small smirk as she caught a glimpse of a familiar figure in the distance.

 

“Well, seems like we’ll be meeting each other soon, Mei-chan~” She remarked softly as she entered the school’s brass gates.

 

 

“Yah.”

 

Mei looked up lazily from her seat and sighed. Sehun was hovering over her desk, a frown embedded in his features. She lazily lifted her head up and glared at him through her glasses.

 

“What?” Mei hissed, irritated that her nap was interrupted. Sehun sighed before placing his hands on her desk and bent down so that they were face to face. Mei immediately recoiled, her cheeks slightly tinged with pink from the close proximity.

 

“Hey! What are you doing?” She remarked bluntly as the male stared into her eyes.

 

What’s up with him? I didn’t use my charm or something didn’t I? She thought frantically as he continued to stare.

 

“Y-Yah! If you don’t want anything from me I’d appreciate it if you—“ She stuttered as his face was growing dangerously closer.

 

“We need to talk.” Sehun said, his warm breath fanning over her face. She frowned. “Isn’t that what we’re doing right now?” Mei replied and the male only replied, “Privately. Somewhere private.”

 

Mei raised an eyebrow. “Anything you want to say, you can say directly in front of me…”

 

“It’s just that—“ He starts but was cut off when the teacher entered.

 

Sehun stares at her for the last time, “Later then. At the rooftop.” Mei raises an eyebrow but nods her head before leaning her head against the desk once more.

 

The teacher puts his textbooks on the table, and the class immediately goes back to order. “Good morning, everyone.”

 

“Good morning, Mr. Choi.” The class chorused in a lazy tone. The teacher cleared his throat. “Let’s proceed with the lesson proper alright? Please take out your Physics textbook and turn to page—“

 

“Mr. Choi?” A female staff of the school pokes her head in the classroom, cutting off the teacher’s instruction. Mr. Choi raises his head in acknowledgement.

 

“Ms. Suzuki is needed at the office.” The staff replies, and the teacher raises an eyebrow but complies with the order anyway. “Suzuki-ssi!” He calls out.

 

Mei’s head immediately snapped up. “Yes, Mr. Choi?” She asks tentatively. The teacher offers her a small smile. “You are wanted at the office. Ms. Kim is here to fetch you.”

 

“Eh? Why is that?” She asks, her thoughts racing a mile per second. Did I somewhat blow my cover…?

 

“You’ll know when you get there. Suzuki-ssi, you’re excused for the morning classes for now.” The staff answers and Mei stands up anxiously from her seat. Her classmate’s gazes followed her as she went out of the classroom.

 

 

“Ms. Kim? Why am I being summoned…?” Mei asks nervously. The staff member, perhaps sensing her nervousness, laughed and said soothingly, “Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble.”

 

“Then why—“ Mei starts to ask but was cut off when Ms. Kim stopped in front of the Administrative Office. “We’re here.” The staff member knocks two times on the cherry oak wood door, and was answered by a muffled “Come in.”

 

Ms. Kim opens the door and Mei steps in tentatively, surveying the area. She directs her gaze to a middle-aged man seated on a swivel chair behind a wooden desk. Various trophies and plaques lined the cabinets in the office and Mei decides to take a bow.

 

“Is there something you need me for, sir?” She asks. The man simply smiled and handed out a folder to her. Raising an eyebrow tentatively, she reached out and took it.

 

“There is a new student today, and I want you to show her around the school.” The man told her as she was about to open the folder. “Why me, sir? I mean, I just transferred here too…” Mei replies, the feeling of anxiety creeping slowly into her whole being.

 

“The student claims that she knows you. She said, she was a friend.” The older man replied.

 

Mei raised an eyebrow. Friend? And a she?

 

“In fact, she’ll be here anytime soon—“ The man’s sentence was cut off when the door opened, revealing a distressed blonde whose eyes were giving off an apologetic light.

 

“Mr. Lee~! I am so sorry I am late. I was still in the rest room~!” She said apologetically, both hands clasped in front of her in an apologetic stance.

 

Mei turned around and when she caught glance of the newcomer, her eyes widened and her hands immediately curled into fists. She stood up and faced the girl.

 

“You are…” Mei started but she was immediately met by the smiling face of the newcomer who tackled her with a hug.

 

“Mei-chan~ Is that really you?! I haven’t seen you in years~!” The blonde squealed happily and Mei struggled to pry her off. When she did so, she stared at the blonde. “Why are you here…?”

The blonde flashed a cheerful smile. “Well, I learned that you were here studying and I wanted to see you again~!”

 

Mei narrowed her eyes and the blonde immediately pouted. “What’s with that face? Is this how you treat a friend whom you haven’t seen in four years?”

 

“Well, Suzuki-ssi. You’re in charge of touring her around the school this morning. You two are dismissed.” The man interrupted. Mei started to protest. “But songsaenim—“

 

“Dismissed.” The man replied firmly and Mei’s shoulders sagged. The two girls were ushered out of the office.

 

 

Mei glared at the blonde who flashed her a playful grin. “What are you doing here, Hime Aizawa?” Mei hissed.

 

“Well, let’s just say I wanted to have a change of pace~” Hime replied and traced a finger on the glass windows of the school.

 

“I am warning you. If you lay a finger on a single human on this school I’ll—“ Mei growled but she was cut off when Hime turned around and stared at her with her blue eyes.

 

“You’ll what?” Hime remarked, a small smirk morphing on her lips. “I’ll kill you. Without a doubt.” Mei remarked. Hime let out a small giggle, and went near to Mei circling her figure. “You think you can?” She leaned close and whispered, “Our abilities are too far away from each other Mei-chan~”

 

Mei glared and pushed her off. Hime simply shrugged and walked ahead of her. “Let’s just continue with the tour shall we?”

 

 

Sehun sighed as he took a sip out of his bubble tea. His hyungs looked at him in curiousity.

 

The EXO group were having their break in their usual table at the canteen.

 

“Something bothering you, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked him and Sehun just shook his head slightly. “Nothing hyung… I’m just… tired.”

 

“Hey, if you have something bothering you, don’t hesitate to tell us okay? We’re not your hyungs for nothing.” Chanyeol piped up and Sehun smiled slightly. “I see. Sure. Thanks hyung…”

The group continued eating until Kai pointed something out. “Hey, who’s that chick that’s with Mei?”

 

The twelve immediately raised their heads and gazed in wonder as Mei was eating her snacks with a blonde girl and they seemed to be in a deep conversation.

 

“Never knew she had a friend…” Baekhyun commented. “And her friend’s blonde…” Chanyeol remarked.

 

As is sensing that they were talking about her, Mei raised her head and looked at them straight. The two immediately flashed her an awkward smile and turned back to eating their snacks, embarrassed. Sehun looked intently at her and gave her a slight nod.

 

Hime turned her head towards them and waved. The boys gave a slight wave back. She flashed them a smile and started to stand up.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Mei hissed. Hime replied, “I’m making friends. Isn’t that obvious?” She looked back at her and gave a small smirk. “At least I am not a loner like you.”

 

Mei glared at her. “I’m warning you. Don’t you dare try to mark any single one of—“

 

Hime stifled a laugh. “We’ll see about that~”

 

Mei immediately hissed. “Aizawa, I am giving you a last and final warning.”

 

Hime narrowed her eyes at her, “Who are you to give me orders?” Her blue eyes reverted to red slightly. “Shall I remind you again that our difference is too large?”

 

Mei glared at her and stood up, “Screw this. I’m going back to the classroom.” She exited the canteen swiftly and Hime simply gazed at her retreating figure.

 

“Still the same as ever.” She muttered and chuckled slightly, before heading to the direction of the library.

 

 

Sehun watched Mei’s retreating figure exit the canteen. He closed his eyes tentatively. Now’s the chance to talk to her.

 

He stood up from his chair. “Where are you going now, Sehun?” Kris asked. “I’m going back hyung.” The maknae simply replied and exited the canteen swiftly to head towards the classroom.

 

He shrugged that he found it empty and opted to head towards the rooftop , where the two had agreed to meet up to talk. As he slowly opened the metal door, his eyes caught sight of her, sitting cross-legged on the pavement, her obsidian eyes staring ahead.

 

He opened the door and she immediately tilted her head and gazed at him. Sehun cleared his throat. Mei lifted a questioning eyebrow and remarked, “What do you want to talk about?”

 

Sehun flinched at her tone. Not like it was unusual for her to be her snappy self, but this time, the harshness in her voice became more intense. “You don’t seem to be in a good mood, though… Maybe later.” He replies, but the female just stood up and leaned coolly against the wall.

 

“Just get straight to the point, will you?” She says sharply, fixating him with a small glare. Sehun sighed. “Well, you know that the annual Rose Ball is coming so—“

 

“Rose Ball? What’s that?” Mei cut in suddenly and Sehun stared at her. “You don’t know?” He asks, his tone betraying a few hints of surprise.

 

“Well, I for one, don’t give a damn about the school’s events.” Mei replies, and blew her bangs out of her face. “What about that ball anyway?” She continued.

 

Sehun inhaled a deep breath and stated bluntly, “Would you like to be my date?”

 

Mei blinked and gaped at him. “What did you say?”

 

Sehun stared at her and replied, “I want you to be my date.”

 

Mei gaped at him in surprise. Regaining her composure she remarked flatly, “Why me? There are other girls out there. Ask them. Besides, I am not planning to attend.”

 

“It’s mandatory, by the way.” Sehun replied. “Well, hell.” Mei cursed under her breath. “You haven’t answered my question yet. Why me, of all the girls in this academy?” She asked, and Sehun inhaled a deep breath.

“Well, you see, since probably most girls will be racing for me to be their date, and I figured that you’ll be the only girl who won’t be… clingy to me.” Sehun explained and Mei glared at him sharply.

 

“And suffer the wrath of your fan girls? No, thank you.” She hissed and Sehun growled lowly under his breath. “Look, just accept it will you? I admit that I wasn’t planning to attend but since it’s mandatory I have no choice.” He replies, his tone close to pleading.

 

Mei huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. “So what is it’s mandatory? I don’t care though.”

 

Sehun cursed inside his head. Aish, why is this girl so hard to get?! He walks up to her and stands in front of her, their bodies a few inches apart from each other.

 

Mei immediately tensed up at the sudden intrusion of personal space. “Yah, why are you getting close to me?” She hissed but Sehun placed both his hands on both sides of her head, effectively caging her in.

 

He stared at how her cheeks slowly tinted pink at his gestures and she began biting her lower lip nervously, a habit he found very alluring.

 

“I won’t take no for an answer, Mei.” Sehun remarks, staring at her intently for a few seconds.

 

D-did this guy just call me by my first name?! Mei thoughts fervently, her body tensing up when his face was getting dangerously close to hers.

 

Damn it! I can’t think straight!

 

“S-sehun… What do you think you’re doing?” She asked nervously, cursing when she heard her voice waver. She stared at his eyes. His eyes were laced with an unfamiliar expression and she gulped.

 

“Doing whatever it takes to convince you.” He replies, his voice suddenly sounding y and husky as he neared her face.

 

Mei’s eyes widened as she felt him closing in, his face a mere centimetres away from her own. She closed her eyes shut and placed her hand on his chest. Mei quickly noticed the well-toned skin under her palms and she could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. What am I thinking?!

 

Shaking her head, she erased those inappropriate thoughts and started to push him away from her, but Sehun had already pulled back, flashing her a small smile. Smirk, actually. She corrected in her thoughts.

 

Sehun said, “So? You agreeing now?”

 

“F-fine! I’ll be your date at the stupid ball.” Mei snapped, and proceeded to walk towards the door. Yanking it open, she threw a glance over her shoulder to look at him, who in turn smirked at her. She blushed stupidly and ran out of the door, slamming the door shut in the process.

 

 

The final period bell rang, and immediately the students filed out of the classroom. Mei decided to linger around for a bit in the classroom, keeping a sharp eye on Hime, who was actually conversing with a few of her male classmates. She narrowed her eyes at the female who caught her gaze and flashed a devious grin.

 

“See you tomorrow, Hime~ It was nice talking to you~” Kai who was sitting beside her cheerfully stated. Hime immediately flashed her a sugary sweet smile. “The pleasure is mine oppa~ Now go on~! See you tomorrow then~~” She chirped happily and waved at the male who exited the classroom to join his friends.

 

Now that the two were alone in the classroom, the tension built up.

 

Mei stood up, and headed towards Hime’s desk, slamming her hands on the table and glared at the other female. “Stay away from the humans, Hime.” She hissed. The blonde female chuckled.

 

“As I told you earlier, you can’t make me. The choice is mine to make.” Hime replied and picked up her book bag, shuffling out of the classroom and walked past Mei.

 

Mei stared at her retreating figure before hissing and she went out of the classroom herself.

 

Author’s Note: Updated! Urgh, longest chapter I’ve written so far. Please forgive me for the crappy story since I was so mentally and physically drained after all the school activities this week. See you next time for another update! xoxo