Acquaint

Mirrored Selves

“Hey there~ you’re Mei right?”

 

Mei barely looked up from the book she was reading and saw that she was approached by a tan-skinned guy with teasing brown eyes, his upper body leaning in front of her desk. His name is Kai, I believe? She had to suppress the urge to sigh, her lips curling into a grimace. Focusing her attention back to the book she was reading, she muttered, “Yes, I am. Now what do you want?”

 

She heard him, Kai, chuckle in amusement. Much to her annoyance, he dragged the seat to her right and sat on it, casually flinging an arm around her shoulders as he leaned in to whisper into her ears. “Care to have lunch with me today?”

 

Mei inwardly groaned. God, his tactics . Stealing a glance from the people in front of her, she saw that the other female students were sending seething glares at her direction, obviously not pleased with her interaction with Kai. She flashed Kai a warning glare and she proceeded to take his arm off her shoulders, much to his amazement. She stood up and grabbed her bento from underneath her desk and still clutching her book in her hands, Mei remarked sharply, “Sorry, but I have other plans. Go and find someone else.”

 

From out of the corner of her eye, she found that the other males were suppressing their laughter and the females were wearing astonished looks on their faces, unable to believe that the most sought-after campus heartthrob’s invitation was rejected by the new girl. She sighed and her heels, walking briskly towards the door and out into the hallway.

 

I need to get away from them. I don’t want to hurt anybody.

 

 

“Pfft! Bwahahahaha! Really?! The new girl rejected your invitation?! This is great news!”

 

“. Stop laughing or I’ll tear you to shreds!”

 

The EXO group was in the cafeteria, seated on the usual table that was reserved for them, and as Kai related the miserable encounter with his attempts on hitting on Mei, Kyungsoo could not help but laugh uncontrollably at Kai’s experience.

 

“Whoa. She sure is really something.” Kris commented while twisting a fork around his pasta. The others nodded assent.

 

“But I still don’t get it! How can she reject an invitation from me?!” Kai whined, obviously surprised that a girl actually rejected him. Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Xiumin laughed heartily and Kai had to yell at them to keep quiet.

 

“Okay, okay. Stop with the fuss already. “ Luhan remarked, already irritated by the noise that started to emanate loudly from them. Tao, Lay and Suho nodded their assent as they continued digging into their food.

“Tsk! I’ll bet she’ll still fall for me though!” Kai grumbled, biting a sandwich in his hands.

 

“Yeah, right! After she blatantly rejected you? Nah, impossible!” Xiumin remarked, laughing and Kai immediately sent another glare in his direction. “Wanna bet?” Kai said through gritted teeth. “Yeah, sure! Why not?!” Xiumin replied, flashing a confident grin.

 

“Would you two stop betting on a pointless matter?” Luhan cut in, his irritation levels rising to peaks  from the two’s childish banter. Xiumin pouted. “Aww, come on! It was starting to get fun!”

 

“It’s starting to annoy the outta me.” Luhan seethed, sending a glare at Xiumin’s direction, making the older one flinch. “Okay.” Xiumin sighed and continued munching on his baozi bun.

 

Tao shook his head at the scene and continued eating. Shifting his gaze, he noticed that one seat has been empty. He remarked, “Hyungs, where’s Sehun?”

 

The others shifted their gazes to Sehun’s usual seat. “Yeah. He’s missing all of a sudden.” Lay said. Luhan shook his head slightly. “He’s probably at the rooftop. You know him, he can’t stand too much noise.”

 

Suho replied, “Yeah. No use worrying over our maknae, he can handle himself just fine.” He lowered his voice a little as his eyes flashed something mischievous. “I’m starting to think that he probably had a little ‘date’ with Miss New Student.”

 

“Nah, Sehun? He has no interest on females.” Luhan remarked, and took a sip of his bubble tea.

 

Suho shrugged. “Well, who knows?”

 

 

“Ach-oo!”

 

Sehun sneezed as he was lying down on a blanket spread over the surface of the rooftop. “Ugh. The hyungs are probably talking about me behind my back. “

 

Sighing, he sat up and leaned on the wall as he closed his eyes, savoring the coolness of the air that drifted through the air.

 

He had spent his lunch period here at the rooftop, glad to be away from the usually loud atmosphere of the cafeteria. He liked the serene and calm atmosphere that the rooftop offered. As he closed his eyes, he became aware of the door opening, and sneaking a peek, he raised an eyebrow as he discovered that it was Mei.

 

She had held her bento with her right hand, and in her left, she had clutched the book she was reading earlier in class. He knew, since instead of listening to the teacher, she had been reading Hamlet under her desk.

 

His gaze followed her as she had leaned against the railing, resting her back against the support.

 

She casually placed her bento on the floor and instead continued reading her book. He stared at her profile: her braided hair casually swayed with the wind and her eyes were serious behind the lens of her glasses. Her pink lips were pursed in a straight line as she seemed too engrossed in the story.

 

However, he gaped when she started to sit on top of the railing, seemingly unaware that if she lost her balance, she might fall headfirst down to the concrete below.

 

Sehun didn’t know what came over him when he heard himself call out to her. “Hey!” The female was obviously startled, and to his horror, she started to lose her balance.

 

Sprinting to her side in a few seconds, Sehun yanked her away from the railings and held her against his chest. He could feel her breathe quick gasps, and he instinctively her back to calm her down.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked.

 

Mei’s P.O.V.:

 

“Are you okay?” He asks, his voice surprisingly soft. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, one of his hands gently my back. I could feel my cheeks heat up as we were in quite an awkward position. I gazed at his lean neck, and could feel the pulse of his blood underneath. I inhaled his scent sharply, and it took all of my will power not to attack him right there and then.

 

Instead, I pushed him off me, and glared at him.

 

“Do you think? I nearly died.” I hissed, and he quickly flashed me an apologetic glance. “Look, I’m sorry, all right?” Sehun replied, his hand rubbing the nape of his neck as he apologized. I sighed before giving him another glare.

 

“Just, stay away from me.” I remarked and instead walked past him, grabbing my bento box on the floor. I was about to head to the door, when he grabbed my arm. I turned back to face him.

 

“What is it this time?” I growled lowly, yanking my arm from his grip. Sehun stared at me instead, causing the butterflies in my stomach to flutter. “Since you’re probably heading to the classroom, let’s go together.” He remarks, his voice in a monotonous tone.

 

I stared at him and sighed. “Fine.” He simply shrugged his shoulders and I walked ahead of him. He shuffled behind me and the two of us walked briskly through the corridors in silence. My gaze unconsciously flies to his lean neck and the desire to drink his blood nearly consumes me.

 

I instead, tear my gaze away from him, and instead pop a few pills inside my mouth to dampen the hunger. Control yourself, damn it.

 

Normal P.O.V.:

 

The students of the special class stared in wonder when Mei and Sehun entered the classroom together. TOGETHER.

 

The females again shot Mei glares and she simply shrugged her shoulders as she headed to her seat.

 

Suho, meanwhile was having an ‘I-knew-it’ look plastered in his face. Sehun, sitting on his desk, simply blinked at his hyung. Luhan tapped him on his shoulder.

 

“So you ditched us since you had a date with Suzuki-ssi during lunch?” Luhan teased. Sehun glared at his hyung. “Hell no, hyung.” He protested. Luhan smirked. “Then why were the two of you together?”

 

Sehun’s cheeks took on a pinkish color. “That’s for me to know, and for you to find out.” He grumbled as he buried his face in his arms, obviously trying to sleep.

 

Luhan instead, sighed. Excuses, maknae. Stop making excuses.

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note: Another update done! How did you guys find this chapter? I hope it went well! See you next time for another update!